Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Paladinus posted:

I don't get it.

your post doesnt matter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Snapchat A Titty posted:

your post doesnt matter

But I'm on fire???

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

hory crap, pisssssssss lois

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Pretend I responded to this with goatse

monkeytennis
Apr 26, 2007

Toilet Rascal

loving hell.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

thats pretty good

its kinda funny in panels 1 & 2, after that you've got the joke but it keeps going and gets much worse.

im gonna assume thats on purpose as a commentary on family guy

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Snapchat A Titty posted:

im gonna assume thats on purpose as a commentary on family guy

Yeah the joke seems to be a mix of this and the inherent dissonance caused by juxtaposing Family Guy and anime

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
I actually I think it offers a valid point on a revered art form and furthermore *fart noises

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Krinkle posted:

if it weren't for the comment section I would have never gotten the correct interpretation of this classic bushmiller

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Layers upon layers

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Mezzanine posted:

It means that Beartato wants Reginald to pay him back for all the money that he lent.

Wow that's real selfish of him.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

BROCK LESBIAN posted:

Wow that's real selfish of him.

Actually it is pronounced sword.

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Sentient Data posted:

Layers upon layers

Letmebefrank
Oct 9, 2012

Entitled

"... gas has its advantages, but I prefer grilling with traditional charcoal"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I don't get it.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
if satan is so evil wouldn't he welcome all evildoers and create a paradise in hell for them

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Zzulu posted:

if satan is so evil wouldn't he welcome all evildoers and create a paradise in hell for them

He is not actually in charge of hell.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Letmebefrank posted:

"... gas has its advantages, but I prefer grilling with traditional charcoal"

i used to be a big fan of chaplin until i heard what he had done to jews

Part of Everything
Feb 1, 2005

He clenched his teeh and walked out of the study

You're doing god's work.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol :horse:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Zzulu posted:

Satan is the good guy of the bible.

*tips neckbeard, strokes fedora*

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Zzulu posted:

He's a prisoner just like everyone else and God rules Hell and Heaven.

Or Lucifer rules Hell and is gathering an army to take over Heaven.

Or Lucifer rules Hell and delights in torturing sinners because corruption is a central means of drifting from the divine light.

Or Lucifer rules Hell and punishes sinners as a means of absolution for his crimes.

Or the Bible is pants-on-head retarded and none of it makes sense.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

He's a prisoner just like everyone else and God rules Hell and Heaven.

Or Lucifer rules Hell and is gathering an army to take over Heaven.

Or Lucifer rules Hell and delights in torturing sinners because corruption is a central means of drifting from the divine light.

Or Lucifer rules Hell and punishes sinners as a means of absolution for his crimes.

Or the Bible is pants-on-head retarded and none of it makes sense.

yes. yes. yes. yes. no.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

the Lucifer ruling hell part comes from post bible stuff

heck lucifer itself is a misunderstanding of an allegory of a Babylonian king (who was compared with a Morning Star)

99% of stuff about hell isn't in the bible

Captain Jesus
Feb 26, 2009

What's wrong with you? You don't even have your beer goggles on!!

This comics is bugging me for some reason. The punchline is that they go to the circus together but instead of illustrating that by having them look at some amusing circus act, there is just one clown awkwardly looking the readers in the eye. It feels like some kind of a weird fourth wall breaking. Maybe we are actually the clowns?

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Captain Jesus posted:

This comics is bugging me for some reason. The punchline is that they go to the circus together but instead of illustrating that by having them look at some amusing circus act, there is just one clown awkwardly looking the readers in the eye. It feels like some kind of a weird fourth wall breaking. Maybe we are actually the clowns?

"Ernie Bushmiller's comic strip Nancy is a landmark achievement: A comic so simply drawn it can be reduced to the size of a postage stamp and still be legible; an approach so formulaic as to become the very definition of the "gag-strip"; a sense of humor so obscure, so mute, so without malice as to allow faithful readers to march through whole decades of art and story without ever once cracking a smile. Nancy is Plato's playground. Ernie Bushmiller didn't draw A tree, A house, A car. Oh, no. Ernie Bushmiller drew the tree, the house, the car.

Much has been made of the "three rocks." Art Spiegelman explains how a drawing of three rocks in a background scene was Ernie's way of showing us there were some rocks in the background. It was always three. Why? Because two rocks wouldn't be "some rocks." Two rocks would be a pair of rocks. And four rocks was unacceptable because four rocks would indicate "some rocks" but it would be one rock more than was necessary to convey the idea of "some rocks." A Nancy panel is an irreduceable concept, an atom, and the comic strip is a molecule."

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Captain Jesus posted:

You are a clown for not getting the joke.

Where's your hat? I'll bet it's nice. For a clown to wear.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
nooo

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

That banker has only one arm, and no legs.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

What's with the clown hat and people responding with "no"?

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Whybird
Aug 2, 2009

Phaiston have long avoided the tightly competetive defence sector, but the IRDA Act 2052 has given us the freedom we need to bring out something really special.

https://team-robostar.itch.io/robostar

Nap Ghost
Why would a clown be going to the circus? They already live there. Is he suggesting that the clown would take time away from the circus to go see another circus?

This picture just raises more questions than it answers.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Whybird posted:

Why would a clown be going to the circus? They already live there. Is he suggesting that the clown would take time away from the circus to go see another circus?

well, it could be worn as part of his costuming.

when he goes to visit another circus.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Whybird posted:

industrial espionage

Dave Angel
Sep 8, 2004

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

When I was a pizza maker I still went to other pizza places. Figure its gotta be the same for a circus clown.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Where else is he going to meet hot single clowns?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yale?!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! Take that ivy league!

• Locked thread