Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
And that book store owner was Albert Einstein

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Kat Delacour posted:

And that book store owner was Albert Einstein

-Kurt Cobain

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Some Reclaim folk were arrested in Victoria today, allegedly had been under surveillance planning terrorism for some time and police say the risk had increased forcing them to act.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/terror-raids-in-melbournes-northwest-and-country-victoria-20160806-gqmjko.html

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Solemn Sloth posted:

Some Reclaim folk were arrested in Victoria today, allegedly had been under surveillance planning terrorism for some time and police say the risk had increased forcing them to act.

http://www.theage.com.au/victoria/terror-raids-in-melbournes-northwest-and-country-victoria-20160806-gqmjko.html

Hang on Terrism laws are for Browns.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Does anyone have a link to George Christensen's twitter(?) post challenging some rando to a punchup in a carpark?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Does anyone have a link to George Christensen's twitter(?) post challenging some rando to a punchup in a carpark?

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...87fa09ec892911a

Not the actual tweet.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
First Dog keeps showing up in my Google Now feed. What did I do to deserve this?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Queensland Premier Pauline Hanson.

Good. Contain her there

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Thanks. Nuke Queensland.

Seagull
Oct 9, 2012

give me a chip
george christensen acting like he isn't a keyboard warrior who posts in this very thread

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

kirbysuperstar posted:

First Dog keeps showing up in my Google Now feed. What did I do to deserve this?

have a google now

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I guess I missed this

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
J. Jonah Boltson

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

kirbysuperstar posted:

Are you Australian? Some questions answer themselves.

The Herald Sun came out very strongly against the ABS and the changes to the census today. Now I'm a little conflicted.

Fuckface the Hedgehog
Jun 12, 2007

Cartoon posted:

Are you Australian? Some questions answer themselves.

The Herald Sun came out very strongly against the ABS and the changes to the census today. Now I'm a little conflicted.

Broken clock and all that. Though chances are they are against it because thier readerbase hates change as opposed to it actually being a bit poo poo.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
if I were camped on the side of the road on Tuesday night (while driving between Perth and Adelaide), do I have to complete the census?

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
That Malcolm Roberts fella is quite nuts.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Mr Chips posted:

if I were camped on the side of the road on Tuesday night (while driving between Perth and Adelaide), do I have to complete the census?
Yes, but for the household you are normally domiciled in the answers are all null. So effectively the information on you is not collected.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

THERE'LL BE NO PIES IN PRISON PAL

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
the greens the greens the greens the greens

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai
Chicken salt on fish and chips. Good or bad?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Amethyst posted:

Chicken salt on fish and chips. Good or bad?

Is there even a question here?

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic

Brendon Grylls sure looks like a low-rent Ted Cruz in the thumbnail.

What kind of madman doesn't put chicken salt on their chips?

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

Ten Becquerels posted:

Brendon Grylls sure looks like a low-rent Ted Cruz in the thumbnail.

What kind of madman doesn't put chicken salt on their chips?

What about on the fish though?

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
alternatively, "chicken salt" is disgusting garbage. The last time someone put that poo poo on my chips without asking me I almost punched them

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Amethyst posted:

What about on the fish though?

Put it back in the water

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

"Oh poo poo, avoid eye contact; he'll recognise me from the rally!"

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
I wonder how the reffo team would go if Australia was hosting the Olympics.

We will decide who comes to these games and the circumstances in which they come?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
"The results of the rowing heats are an operational matter."

snoremac fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Aug 7, 2016

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope
"And the refugee rowing team are off to a powerful start with a winning lead... but what's this? There's a Border Protection boat towing them back to the starting line... Manned by what appears to be a potato..."

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
"The Olympic Tortu-"

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Shooting cancelled due to pull factors

Jonah Galtberg
Feb 11, 2009

Solemn Sloth posted:

Shooting cancelled due to pull factors

:nsamad:

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Andrew Bolt's comments about climate change on his television show were so hyperbolic and subjective that no reasonable person would think he was providing a "concluded scientific position", the television regulator has found.

The Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) found The Bolt Report did not breach the Commercial Television Industry's Code of Practice when Mr Bolt presented facts about global temperatures in an episode aired on Southern Cross Ten in late 2015.

In particular, by showing a graph of global temperatures from 1997 to present, Mr Bolt was correct to say "there has been no real warming of the atmosphere for some 18 years now". However, the full chart goes back to 1979 and shows an increase in temperatures from 1979 to 1997.

ACMA noted that, while climate change was occurring, the code's requirements for accuracy only applied to statements of fact, not statements of opinion.

"Current affairs programs such as The Bolt Report are not precluded from taking a position of any matter and are not required to be balanced or to include all information about a particular issue," ACMA's report found.

"Much of Mr Bolt's language was hyperbolic, such as 'great global warming scare campaign', 'Australians aren't stupid', 'can't be fooled for long', 'all that propaganda' ... The use of hyperbole indicated that Mr Bolt was giving his subjective personal opinion about the matters being discussed and was not presenting a concluded scientific position about global warming in the segment."

Ten told ACMA Mr Bolt was presenting "his opinion based on material presented during the segment, rather than presenting the material as a statement of fact".

ACMA agreed. Even though Mr Bolt said his viewers "chose facts above fear" and presented his views as facts, ACMA believed his use of overblown language would have made the ordinary person realise he was only giving an opinion.

Mr Bolt declined to comment when contacted by Fairfax Media.

The program in question aired on November 8 last year but the investigation did not start until April. Mr Bolt's show now airs on subscription station Sky News Live.

The complaint argued that "taking small sections of larger graphs is neither accurate nor scientific" and was a way to manipulate data. It called for a correction and apology.

Co-host of Ten another show, Waleed Aly, criticised Mr Bolt's show a month after it aired, saying Mr Bolt could not keep denying climate change because of emotional or incorrect reasons.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Ricky Muir is melting down on Facebook about not being elected.

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
So misleading facts are fine if they are bolstering your personal opinion? Seems reasonable.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Lid posted:

"Much of Mr Bolt's language was hyperbolic, such as ... 'Australians aren't stupid'

Checks out

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Sounds like the ACMA are politely/officially saying "He's an idiot, gently caress that guy"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Anidav posted:

Ricky Muir is melting down on Facebook about not being elected.

RIPky Muir

• Locked thread