Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Wait, is she an escaped synth? Synth uniforms have a splash of grey if I recall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
A few more screenshots.

Flying rad scorpion

Well bonused gamma gun.

I have never survived an encounter with one of these. This encounter was no different.

I had a brotherhood squire (child) with me and Vergins robots and turrets actually opened fire on the kid. Nothing else in the game that I have seen so far has attacked it.

Curie smokes. This disturbed me more than any gibbed body parts or exploding heads has.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Started a fresh character with maxed luck for giggles. You can't build big Vault structures at first, but you do get other Vault Tec objects.

I build some exercise equipment in Sanctuary to boost its happiness. Soon as the sun went down, everybody decided it was break time and I had Preston, Marcy and Jun flipping around on pommel horses with Mama Murphy pumping iron.

https://youtu.be/f3eByjJrgrg

Sorry it's kind of dark, like I said, it was only after sunset.

Speedball fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Aug 5, 2016

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Speedball posted:

Wait, is she an escaped synth? Synth uniforms have a splash of grey if I recall.

Not a Synth uniform, but definitely an Institute jumper.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Zephyrine posted:

Curie smokes. This disturbed me more than any gibbed body parts or exploding heads has.

Yeah, I noticed this right away when she got synthed. All the cutscene with her "wow, so this is what it's like to be a Real Person" exposition, she's chainsmoking like it's the final defense against nuclear winter.

Jericho, in Fallout 3, didn't smoke as much. :thumbsup: Maybe I should swap her tux, bowler and trooper glasses for a bathrobe and baseball cap or rag hat or something, and those derpy "Fashionable Glasses". Switch her weapon model for a bottle of gin...

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Canuck-Errant posted:

Not a Synth uniform, but definitely an Institute jumper.

Ah. I remember one random encounter I've only ever seen once. A guy--obviously an escaped Synth-- wearing an Institute jumper asking me the way to Bunker Hill. Since my character hadn't been there yet, they were pretty clueless.

Hope he made it to Old Man Stockton...

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Does anyone have a picture of the new countertop shop stalls?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Does anyone have a picture of the new countertop shop stalls?

They snap together and you can display stuff in the uh, displays which iirc only shows up on the T3 stores.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

Speedball posted:

Ah. I remember one random encounter I've only ever seen once. A guy--obviously an escaped Synth-- wearing an Institute jumper asking me the way to Bunker Hill. Since my character hadn't been there yet, they were pretty clueless.

Hope he made it to Old Man Stockton...

"Escaped" Synth, yes. IIRC, I told him, and he left... but later on I'd find him loitering around the same area.

The other one I keep/kept (forget if I killed her or not) is the one rescued from Genetech during the Epic Snipe Courser Hunt.

Kinda figured out my supply vs. farming situation - I'm just going around clearing all the built-up goods from the workbenches, and delivering it to the Covenant one. Only things there are a cat (can't be assigned :v:) and one robot to shoot bugs and draw enemies. Everyone else is in the supply network, so no issues with food or water. I'm also swapping out my ganged generators for fusion plants, and adding the iVault population management terminal, so I can efficiently sweatshop everyone.

Next step is to take the walled settlements and swap the junk/metal/wood/fencing with that mesh-windowed concrete - all the easier to shoot through. :getin: Maybe put in a couple doorways near the enemy spawns at Sanctuary, so the dogs and deathclaws can play. :3:

And finally, Scrapper Corpse Highlighting is *exactly* what I needed, thank you! Especially when I fast-travel in just as an attack spawns, and twelve rocket turrets scatter everyone/thing over a quarter mile area godddamit what happened to that Legendary <enemy> I can't even find a gib gently caress.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Zephyrine posted:

well, you know, french

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zephyrine posted:

She's just taunting you with her robot lungs

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

drat. She pulls off the beret pretty well.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Speedball posted:

drat. She pulls off the beret pretty well.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

well, you know, french

Yep.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
So I downloaded nuka world and that poo poo will just not install for love nor money.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

So I downloaded nuka world and that poo poo will just not install for love nor money.

poo poo ain't out yet

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
Oh, says its downloaded, I'm guessing this is like the equivalent of 'preorder' for dlc.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

Motherfucker posted:

Oh, says its downloaded, I'm guessing this is like the equivalent of 'preorder' for dlc.

I think it's more pre-loaded for when they release it. Probably.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Theta Zero posted:

I think it's more pre-loaded for when they release it. Probably.

Yeah, that.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Is there even a release date yet

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Volkerball posted:

Is there even a release date yet
August 30th according to the Steam mobile app. Though that could just be a placeholder.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

A bit heavy in Dialogue because it is Buckley and his publisher obviously pays him per word but otherwise funny for a change.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
After a recent patch, the vast majority of area in the Drive In movie theater is "outside of buildable area". I can basically build like 10 feet away from the workshop shack and that is it. Anyone else experience this? I found other people having this problem, but they fixed it using the console and I am a lowly Xbone user.

Also, If I release Piper from my service, she becomes a settler with no options to talk. I can't even trade with her anymore. She just says a canned Piper line and ignores me. I guess I will just keep her on until her Perk pops and then forget about her, but I am worried about it happening to all my followers.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

BobKnob posted:

After a recent patch, the vast majority of area in the Drive In movie theater is "outside of buildable area". I can basically build like 10 feet away from the workshop shack and that is it. Anyone else experience this? I found other people having this problem, but they fixed it using the console and I am a lowly Xbone user.

Also, If I release Piper from my service, she becomes a settler with no options to talk. I can't even trade with her anymore. She just says a canned Piper line and ignores me. I guess I will just keep her on until her Perk pops and then forget about her, but I am worried about it happening to all my followers.

I had the drivein build area be limited to the shed with the workshop in and nothing outside it. On top of that I had a quest to raise the security of the settlement. It took me 10 minutes before I managed to stack 2 turrets in that shed.

The next playthrough I didn't have the problem.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Zephyrine posted:

I had the drivein build area be limited to the shed with the workshop in and nothing outside it. On top of that I had a quest to raise the security of the settlement. It took me 10 minutes before I managed to stack 2 turrets in that shed.

The next playthrough I didn't have the problem.

I bet you felt strangely proud of your super safe tiny shed too

I know I would

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
So I just tried firing up Survival mode for the first time. It was going fine at first, I decided to hit USAF Tower Olivia first because gently caress Concord yet again, and off I went. I got there fine, took out a couple of wandering enemies here and there, made it inside. Took out a raider and guard dog pretty much unopposed, then got spotted by someone with a pipe pistol in the next room.

She fired three, maybe four shots in the space of a couple of seconds, and I slumped over dead.

I know Survival is supposed to be a lot more punishing, but that seems really excessive. Is it going to keep being quite that bad?

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

Backhand posted:

So I just tried firing up Survival mode for the first time. It was going fine at first, I decided to hit USAF Tower Olivia first because gently caress Concord yet again, and off I went. I got there fine, took out a couple of wandering enemies here and there, made it inside. Took out a raider and guard dog pretty much unopposed, then got spotted by someone with a pipe pistol in the next room.

She fired three, maybe four shots in the space of a couple of seconds, and I slumped over dead.

I know Survival is supposed to be a lot more punishing, but that seems really excessive. Is it going to keep being quite that bad?

Put on as much armour as you can find and put points into endurance and +health perks. Get lone wanderer as soon as you can.

Survival can be brutal early. Especially against enemies like Gunners who roam near the highways.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

Backhand posted:

No, the early game's particularly brutal on Survival. Once you get yourself a bit more established, things will start to swing in your favour.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I actually went the other route and out all my extra points into STR and left END at 1. I'd rather risk dying in two hits than not being able to carry at least 150 lbs of gear :colbert:

I did boost sneak early on though, and let Codsworth tank for me while I sniped from the shadows (be sure to craft a bunch of robot repair kits if you do this, though).

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Zephyrine posted:

Well she is outrageously French.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Whose bright idea was it to put a character with an Irish accent who likes to talk about being Irish into this post-apocalyptic game? poo poo's just loving awful. I even got past the inexplicable Russians, but this is too much.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

For starting out on survival mode, what do you guys do about lockpicking and hacking? I'd like to NOT spend points in those perks if possible, because I'll need the points elsewhere for survivability and convenience. But, so much loot is behind locks!

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Good Lord Fisher! posted:

No, the early game's particularly brutal on Survival. Once you get yourself a bit more established, things will start to swing in your favour.

On the flip side once you hit lvl 15 or so it's pretty much trivial, especially if you walk around in power armor.

Don't get me wrong, it's still harder than regular on the highest difficulty level, but it ramps down sharply from the blatent gently caress you of the first few levels.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

pmchem posted:

For starting out on survival mode, what do you guys do about lockpicking and hacking? I'd like to NOT spend points in those perks if possible, because I'll need the points elsewhere for survivability and convenience. But, so much loot is behind locks!
Neither is essential, they just buy you a bit of extra equipment/caps most of the time. The ratio of locks/computers is something like 70/30 though, so if you're going to go for one go for lockpicking.

People will argue that the weapon upgrade perks aren't essential either, but having a powerful receiver, upgraded grip/stock, upgraded muzzle, long light barrel, a scope (or reflex sight for maximum VATS abuse) and a quick eject mag on your pipe gun at level 2 can make a pretty big difference IMO.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

steinrokkan posted:

Whose bright idea was it to put a character with an Irish accent who likes to talk about being Irish into this post-apocalyptic game? poo poo's just loving awful. I even got past the inexplicable Russians, but this is too much.

counterpoint

put more irish people in this game because there's like 2 irish people in the entire game

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Unsure if this is the right thread, and if it's not, feel free to point me elsewhere, but is the big Fallout 4 unofficial patch worth installing, or a big bloated POS that fixes a whole lot of things that were probably not even bugs in the first place?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

have you ever talked with an irish bostonian

it's kind of their thing

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Allen Wren posted:

have you ever talked with an irish bostonian

it's kind of their thing

People still maintain stupid accents after 8 generations of living in the squalor of isolated scavenger communities? The apocalypse didn't hit us hard enough.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

steinrokkan posted:

There was a posh englishman in FO1 so I'll allow it

Orange Sunshine
May 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

pmchem posted:

You know what's in a master locked safe? 2 stimpaks, a pipe pistol, 12 rounds of .38 ammo, and some pre-war money.

You know what's in every random unlocked chest or box in the game? 2 stimpaks, a pipe pistol, 12 rounds of .38 ammo, and some pre-war money.

There is nothing good in a locked chest or behind a locked door or behind anything you need hacking to get into, with only a couple exceptions. All the good stuff in this game is found on legendary enemies after you kill them, or bought from vendors. I never put a point into hacking or lockpicking in any of my playthroughs, and I still have plenty of pipe pistols and stimpaks and prewar money which I always forget to sell and it just sits in the workbench with all the junk anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Orange Sunshine posted:

You know what's in a master locked safe? 2 stimpaks, a pipe pistol, 12 rounds of .38 ammo, and some pre-war money.

You know what's in every random unlocked chest or box in the game? 2 stimpaks, a pipe pistol, 12 rounds of .38 ammo, and some pre-war money.

There is nothing good in a locked chest or behind a locked door or behind anything you need hacking to get into, with only a couple exceptions. All the good stuff in this game is found on legendary enemies after you kill them, or bought from vendors. I never put a point into hacking or lockpicking in any of my playthroughs, and I still have plenty of pipe pistols and stimpaks and prewar money which I always forget to sell and it just sits in the workbench with all the junk anyway.

the loot in this game is such trash

are there any unique weapon models, or is it all just *legendary* random enchantments?

• Locked thread