Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Lamprey Cannon posted:

You know, I just remembered today that Trump actually praised Saddam Hussein's handling of terrorism. I'd completely forgotten about this totally insane thing that he said. I'm having a serious "Why can't I hold all these gaffes?" situation here.

He's a very bad candidate that would make a worse president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Haha Drudge is at this very moment running, as their headline story, "Hillary once tripped going up some stairs UNQUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT"

they really have nothing

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Salvor_Hardin posted:

Given the reports of Trump's complete lack of a ground game, how likely is it that he will actually perform significantly worse than the polls on the day of? To what degree?

Nobody loving knows, this is going to be a legendary election in political science departments regardless of outcome.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
A lot of people just don't know about midterms and therefore don't care. Presidential elections are publicized for more so that any idiot can know what the issues are.

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

JT Jag posted:

LBJ would have posted dick pics on the official White House Twitter feed

And livestreamed him driving his amphibious car into the lake with passengers unaware of the refits. :allears:

BITCHERINO
Aug 7, 2016
ive been away on vacation someone summarize the last week for me tia

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

WampaLord posted:

You clearly don't understand how partisan the divide is in our country. I'm not lying when I say the Republicans could have ran an actual corpse and it would still get at least 35%.

This idea that "Trump isn't losing by enough!" is ridiculous. Like, if the election goes 55-45 Hillary, that's a giant rear end landslide. 60-40 would be a once in a generation level victory.

The largest popular vote % in a contested election was 61%. Since Reagan's second term, as polarization increased the top vote % has maxed out at 53% with Obama. Hillary is on pace for low 50's and could still hit 55%.

Also, Trump has no floor. If he does nothing else horrifically stupid for three months and nothing changes he'll get 45%, but what are the odds of that? Yes, he can still win with outside wild cards. He could also do some more idiotic poo poo and wind up at 38% with Johnson hitting low double digits out of spite. If he has two more weeks like this one this month he really will crack the party and then look out below.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

Despera posted:

Saying the election is going to be rigged doesn't really inspire your following to go out and vote either.
this is a really good point. I haven't seen it addressed in any of the discussions about his comments

Baloogan posted:

that baby is such a bias liberal colicold
lol

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

GreyjoyBastard posted:

And livestreamed him driving his amphibious car into the lake with passengers unaware of the refits. :allears:
#OhMyGodTheBrakesAreShot #OhShitWeAreGonnaDrown #LolJK

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Real Don:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/762425371874557952

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

JT Jag posted:

#OhMyGodTheBrakesAreShot #OhShitWeAreGonnaDrown #LolJK

I'm not sure #LolJK is the best thing for him to make trend.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
so is the gop plan at this point try and hold on and hope trump loses so they can run kasich in 4 years because i been seeing lots of kasich lately, and it feels like a preemptive "i told you so" sort of deal.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/thinkprogress/status/762424360720142337
lmao let it begin!
https://twitter.com/IbtihajMuhammad/status/675410043790053376?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
He will not be able to resist that.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

GreyjoyBastard posted:

I'm not sure #LolJK is the best thing for him to make trend.

#LolJFK

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

(and can't post for 2 hours!)

In 2014, the media barely covered the upcoming election, instead choosing to freak the gently caress out about airplanes and Ebola. Low voter turnout was hardly surprising.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

BITCHERINO posted:

ive been away on vacation someone summarize the last week for me tia

https://www.hillaryclinton.com/feed...feed_djtbadweek

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Zeroisanumber posted:

yeah i think everyone realizes the best strategy is pretty much "have the most patriotic minorities call donald trump a baby on twitter"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Zeroisanumber posted:

if there is any hope for him at all Manafort is angrily holding his phone just out of reach of his tiny hands and swearing to god it wouldn't be the first time he killed someone he campaigned for.

I don't have any facts to back that implication up but he just seems like it's true.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

quote:

Earlier this week in a press conference at the Olympics, Muhammad made another statement without saying much at all. When a reporter asked her about Trump, she simply said, “Who?” As reported by NJ.com, she continued to feign ignorance, even after the reporter kept pressing, shouting, “Trump! Donald Trump!”

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

SHE HAS A WEAPON

TERURRIST

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

gently caress that reporter

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

JT Jag posted:

gently caress that reporter

I love reporters genuinely not understanding jokes

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Venom Snake posted:

dude the pivot is not coming

It's amazing how, despite 100% never demonstrating he had any desire or willingness to make any sort of a pivot, Trump surrogates and R pundits are still trying to claim that he's 'still learning' or 'getting up to speed'. 'He's not a politician' is my favorite one that I heard sometime last week :psyduck:

rawrr
Jul 28, 2007
360 pivot

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I love reporters genuinely not understanding jokes
Excuse me, Ms. Olympic Athlete? TRUMP! *click*

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I think more people are actually realizing that the Trumperor has no clothes though. Mainly because his behavior and knowledge level haven't changed in a year.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Fullhouse posted:

is donald trump ever going to stop talking about that loving baby?

He's jealous he saw someone with bigger hands.

confused
Oct 3, 2003

It's just business.

Hey! The "focus on Obama and Hillary" thing lasted a whole three days. That's a lot for Donald.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

GobiasIndustries posted:

It's amazing how, despite 100% never demonstrating he had any desire or willingness to make any sort of a pivot, Trump surrogates and R pundits are still trying to claim that he's 'still learning' or 'getting up to speed'. 'He's not a politician' is my favorite one that I heard sometime last week :psyduck:

If he's not a politician, then he shouldn't be running for POTUS.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

I hope she medals and is invited to the White House. It would drive the conservative base over the edge.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Oh poo poo welcome back MIGF

Hell of a month huh

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

confused posted:

Hey! The "focus on Obama and Hillary" thing lasted a whole three days. That's a lot for Donald.

I can't wait until he picks a fight with that Olympian fencer too

Nameless_Steve
Oct 18, 2010

by Pragmatica

I'd love to see the alternate universe SNL sketch where Bernie Sanders (Larry David) debates Donald Trump (Chris Farley).

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Nameless_Steve posted:

I'd love to see the alternate universe SNL sketch where Bernie Sanders (Larry David) debates Donald Trump (Donald Trump).

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Adar posted:

Also, Trump has no floor. If he does nothing else horrifically stupid for three months and nothing changes he'll get 45%, but what are the odds of that? Yes, he can still win with outside wild cards. He could also do some more idiotic poo poo and wind up at 38% with Johnson hitting low double digits out of spite. If he has two more weeks like this one this month he really will crack the party and then look out below.

He has a floor, in that there is a contingent of 40% of the Republican half of electorate who like him because of the gaffs, not in spite of them. Of course, if he whittles down the remainder of people who merely tolerate his behaviour you end up with a generous 20% of the electorate. I'm willing to bet that unless Trump steps it up to a whole nother level or has a Kahn-magnitude bing bong eruption a week before polls open most R-leaning voters will hold their noses come November.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Slate Action posted:

Haha Drudge is at this very moment running, as their headline story, "Hillary once tripped going up some stairs UNQUALIFIED TO BE PRESIDENT"

they really have nothing

Just compare the arguments made in any loving random oped about Trump and compare them to the GOP attack lines.

Like the recent takedown of Trump's character and policy goals by his former lawyer should be 100x more persuasive than Drudge's "AHHHH! SHORT CIRCUITED?!?! PROOF CROOKED IS AN INSANE MURDER LADY!!!"

It's nuts. They can't argue against her policy positions so it's wall to wall EMAILS!!! and manufactured gaffs while Trump fucks every failure chicken he can get his itty bitty paws around.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

Slate Action posted:

they really have nothing

Oh, that's where that's coming from. I'm seeing the picture on Twitter with people saying "She can't even walk up stairs! She can't be president!" What is wrong with people's brains?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

anime was right posted:

so is the gop plan at this point try and hold on and hope trump loses so they can run kasich in 4 years because i been seeing lots of kasich lately, and it feels like a preemptive "i told you so" sort of deal.

Again: Kasich will be 68 in 2020 and his wing of the GOP may be hunted into extinction by Trumpists and Cruz's Bible-thumpers by then. He'll make good money sitting on corporate boards and giving "voice of reason" speeches in the suburbs. He will not be the presidential nominee.

• Locked thread