Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Perfect Kamehameha is perfect to deal with normal enemies. They won't evade it despite the long charge time and it deals a lot of damage. My strategy for most mid/late PQs was just Super Vegeta 2 -> Perfect Kamehameha until I ran out of Ki, then repeat, trying to charge Ki whenever I had the chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

This Vegeta event was kind of frustrating at first, but I'm actually enjoying the opportunity to use characters other than just the most powerful high-cost team possible. I assume the other Super Strike medals are earned the same kind of way with the limited team power?

Are there any other special team-limiting events other than the cost stuff that Japan got? (i mean, besides the super strike only goku thing)

edit: too many dragonball threads open at once whoops

Sea Lily fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Aug 7, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

all beam supers are good if you're a super saiyan

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
I do like Galick Gun quite a bit, maybe more than the kamehameha.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Manatee Cannon posted:

all beam supers are good if you're a super saiyan

I miss constantly with them and you're a sitting duck while using them. Maybe the ultimates are good, but the Super beams seem like more trouble then they've worth.

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

I usually just spam the Super Vanishing Ball. Does the trick.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can infinitely stunlock the ai to death with beam ultimates and there's not much they can do to stop you since it's actually pretty hard to get knocked out of them. super saiyans have infinite ki so you can spam them forever

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can infinitely stunlock the ai to death with beam ultimates and there's not much they can do to stop you since it's actually pretty hard to get knocked out of them. super saiyans have infinite ki so you can spam them forever

This also works in reverse, as evidenced by the Parallel Mission where after you fight everyone else SSJ Goku, Gohan, and Goten Super-Kamehameha juggle you to death instantly

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Kelp Plankton posted:

This Vegeta event was kind of frustrating at first, but I'm actually enjoying the opportunity to use characters other than just the most powerful high-cost team possible. I assume the other Super Strike medals are earned the same kind of way with the limited team power?

Are there any other special team-limiting events other than the cost stuff that Japan got? (i mean, besides the super strike only goku thing)

Wrong thread bro, but the forums are bleeding together. They're talking Xenoverse in the Anime thread and you're talking Dokkan Battle. But the answer to your first question is yes, the other events have the same formula. And for the second, there's the "heroes only / villains only" stuff that we already got. But the game does need more!

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

projecthalaxy posted:

This also works in reverse, as evidenced by the Parallel Mission where after you fight everyone else SSJ Goku, Gohan, and Goten Super-Kamehameha juggle you to death instantly

This is the most aggravating thing in the world, by the way. The only time the AI shows competence is when it's timing them just right to make sure you can never get out of them.

Momomo fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 7, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's more because there are a bunch of them at once so it's not hard for one of the ai to decide that now's the time to hit you with an ultimate

you can counter cheese them by throwing their bullshit back in their faces tho

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

New Leaf posted:

Wrong thread bro, but the forums are bleeding together. They're talking Xenoverse in the Anime thread and you're talking Dokkan Battle. But the answer to your first question is yes, the other events have the same formula. And for the second, there's the "heroes only / villains only" stuff that we already got. But the game does need more!

whoops my bad, yeah, too many dragonball threads open at once in my browser and i forget which is which

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

No episode next week, because the Olympics

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

projecthalaxy posted:

Thank God I was playing this game when Tien's soul ignored all Kamehamehas and you could one hit Blue Hurricane their stupid faces.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

New episode is out, at least in spanish.

It's a bit frustrating the characters still don't seem to get how time works and automatically discard Zamasu as a suspect of being Black. I thought Whis'd be better than that.

Love Trunks and Vegeta's interactions, and Trunks tricking him into thinking he's still stuck with bulky SSJ form (Vegeta wasn't present when he showed he could do SSJ2 already?).

Even Whis losing his cool at the idea of a meeting between Goku and Zenos was fun to see too.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 7, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Petiso posted:

(Vegeta wasn't present when he showed he could do SSJ2 already?).

If you're talking about his miniduel with goku, didn't Vegeta leave pissed after hearing Future Bulma died against Black?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Pretty sure I remember Black acknowledging Vegeta as being there.

Petiso posted:

It's a bit frustrating the characters still don't seem to get how time works and automatically discard Zamasu as a suspect of being Black.

Beerus outright said that Zamasu could become a likelier suspect further down the line, though.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Aug 7, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Why do we keep having to go on break :negative:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Aurora posted:

It's loving Black Goku interfering with the timeline to prolong his defeat.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pretty good and nice episode, but i'm extremely curious about the green rings, so they're made whenever a new timeline is made? the kaioshin mentioned that a new one was made recently, is that from Trunks? or more recent than that, if so that would make the middle two ones to be the future trunks we know timeline and the future trunks got killed by cell timeline and with a leftover before that.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

He said it happened a few years ago, so who knows for sure right now. I'm sure we might explore it at some point.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Aurora posted:

I'm sure we might explore it at some point.

So... you're not sure?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

:negative:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Aurora posted:

Goku's going to be in the olympics clearly that's what Zeno wants

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Pretty good and nice episode, but i'm extremely curious about the green rings, so they're made whenever a new timeline is made? the kaioshin mentioned that a new one was made recently, is that from Trunks? or more recent than that, if so that would make the middle two ones to be the future trunks we know timeline and the future trunks got killed by cell timeline and with a leftover before that.

Aurora posted:

He said it happened a few years ago, so who knows for sure right now. I'm sure we might explore it at some point.

I will laugh if this somehow ties into Dragonball GT, with how weird the timeline stuff is.

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
One among many highlights of the episode. :allears:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I want more content from the ogres of the ogre planet. Ignore all saiyans, 100% ogre battles going forth.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The Babari looked like the dinosaurs from Chrono Trigger.

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

Aurora posted:

id be pretty surprised if he wasnt talking about trunks's actions during the main series. seems really obvious to me

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Law Cheetah posted:

id be pretty surprised if he wasnt talking about trunks's actions during the main series. seems really obvious to me

But its a different universe, those rings are from some other groups wacky adventures. The rings from Trunks timeline are likely in some forgotten basement of the universe 7 Supreme Kais planet.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Supreme Kai probably pawned them years ago

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rutibex posted:

But its a different universe, those rings are from some other groups wacky adventures. The rings from Trunks timeline are likely in some forgotten basement of the universe 7 Supreme Kais planet.

Unless timelines encompass alternate universes

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Squallege posted:

Supreme Kai probably pawned them years ago

Lets be honest, he doesn't even know he owns any Time Rings.

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Unless timelines encompass alternate universes

That seems like something Lord Zeno would notice.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

this was a good episode. Trunks striving to be stronger should inspire his younger self to train harder, in a perfect world. I was half expecting Vegeta to tell Trunks that they were going to the park after that headbutt. Goku befriending Zeno will be funny

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

"It should be okay if you and Goku fight Black, dad."

"And what happens when someone else shows up?"

Vegeta is the only genre savvy person on this show sometimes and it's only when he's not fighting.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

It's going to be really disappointing when they just have Goku do it all himself, isn't it.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Momomo posted:

It's going to be really disappointing when they just have Goku do it all himself, isn't it.

We're talking about Dragon Ball, right?

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

"It should be okay if you and Goku fight Black, dad."

"And what happens when someone else shows up?"

Vegeta is the only genre savvy person on this show sometimes and it's only when he's not fighting.

Isn't this one of the reasons why Goku tells Piccolo why he didn't kill fat Buu?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Rutibex posted:

that doesn't make sense why would zamasu send goku black to trunks timeline and not gokus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If Trunks isn't the person to defeat Goku Black this arc screws over it's own narrative payoff

so it will probably be goku again i guess

• Locked thread