Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

that doesn't make sense why would zamasu send goku black to trunks timeline and not gokus?

Maybe because he doesn't create Goku black until some time in the future so when it comes time to send Black out, it's Trunk's time, while Goku's time is the present

Timelines are confusing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man it's weird not knowing the answers to mysteries already in Dragon Ball again.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Kelp Plankton posted:

If Trunks isn't the person to defeat Goku Black this arc screws over it's own narrative payoff

so it will probably be goku again i guess

They just need to reveal Black as the agent of a Bigger Bad and Trunks gets his payoff while Goku beats up the big bad guy.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

El Burbo posted:

Maybe because he doesn't create Goku black until some time in the future so when it comes time to send Black out, it's Trunk's time, while Goku's time is the present

Timelines are confusing

would that mean there's timelines just being ignored by the gods?

e: or did trunks traveling back in time make another king of everything?

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Perhaps, much like Cell, Black is the version the protags will have to end up dealing with ultimately, whereas Zamasu is like the baby Cell that Trunks and Krillin blew up?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Stairmaster posted:

would that mean there's timelines just being ignored by the gods?

e: or did trunks traveling back in time make another king of everything?

If Zeno doesn't exist outside of time then hes a really poo poo deity.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Vintimus Prime posted:

Isn't this one of the reasons why Goku tells Piccolo why he didn't kill fat Buu?

Yes. That arc ended with Goku beating Kid Buu, while Goten and Trunks fell to the wayside and became useless in combat due to Super Saiyan 3 being vastly overpowered. Vegeta is wrong, Goku will always be there to save the day. No need for anyone else (except Vegeta, we need a showy jobber) to be competent.

Rutibex posted:

If Zeno doesn't exist outside of time then hes a really poo poo deity.

Considering one of his underlings (the Kaioshin of Time) exists outside of time herself, and Beerus and Whis have shown the ability to go outside of time themselves, if the King of All can't, I absolutely agree with you.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Vegeta is wrong, Goku will always be there to save the day. No need for anyone else (except Vegeta, we need a showy jobber) to be competent.

If Trunks didn't suck, the future wouldn't have gotten hosed up (again)

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blaze Dragon posted:

Yes. That arc ended with Goku beating Kid Buu, while Goten and Trunks fell to the wayside and became useless in combat due to Super Saiyan 3 being vastly overpowered. Vegeta is wrong, Goku will always be there to save the day. No need for anyone else (except Vegeta, we need a showy jobber) to be competent.

SSJ3 was totally useless except for stalling for time. Goku won, but it was with Vegeta's idea of using the spirit bomb (and them not wanting to port Gohan over to beat Kid Buu because narrative causality forbade it.)

Goku consistently gets the most screentime and battles, but in terms of straight fights he actually doesn't win that many.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

Stairmaster posted:

that doesn't make sense why would zamasu send goku black to trunks timeline and not gokus?

The main ring corresponds to the original timeline right? Technically Trunks's impossibly lovely future is the original timeline and Goku's is an alternate one.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

TheHan posted:

The main ring corresponds to the original timeline right? Technically Trunks's impossibly lovely future is the original timeline and Goku's is an alternate one.

Wouldn't the original timeline be the impossibly lovely future where Trunks got killed by Cell and had his time machine stolen instead?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Pureauthor posted:

SSJ3 was totally useless except for stalling for time. Goku won, but it was with Vegeta's idea of using the spirit bomb (and them not wanting to port Gohan over to beat Kid Buu because narrative causality forbade it.)

Goku consistently gets the most screentime and battles, but in terms of straight fights he actually doesn't win that many.

I forget how strong Kid Buu was at the time. Would Gohan have been able to beat him? I want to say yes, since the only two entities we had confirmed stronger than him were Super Buu and Vegito, but gently caress if I'm certain about anything in regards to Gohan's strength anymore.

JD
Jan 11, 2003
So here's a stupid thought, was "mystic" Gohan using god ki or what?

edit: "chou" Gohan

JD fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Aug 8, 2016

mmkay
Oct 21, 2010

Shinjobi posted:

I forget how strong Kid Buu was at the time. Would Gohan have been able to beat him? I want to say yes, since the only two entities we had confirmed stronger than him were Super Buu and Vegito, but gently caress if I'm certain about anything in regards to Gohan's strength anymore.

Gohan was stronger than Super Buu, who's stronger than Kid Buu. Hell, Goku was stronger than Kid Buu and he reckoned if he had a chance at being at full power, he'd be able to kill it.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Wasn't Kid Buu more dangerous because he couldn't really be hurt or reasoned with instead of just being flatout more powerful?

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

JD posted:

So here's a stupid thought, was "mystic" Gohan using god ki or what?

edit: "chou" Gohan

No, because others could sense his ki.

Gohan is just naturally stupid powerful, and the Old Kaioshin unlocked all that power.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Testekill posted:

Wasn't Kid Buu more dangerous because he couldn't really be hurt or reasoned with instead of just being flatout more powerful?

That and the fact that he wasn't using fighting styles that dealt with bones or muscles, so he could come at you from wherever and hit you from all angles.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

New Leaf posted:

That and the fact that he wasn't using fighting styles that dealt with bones or muscles, so he could come at you from wherever and hit you from all angles.

Now we're making poo poo up, right?

He was the most dangerous because he didn't give a gently caress about anything and while weaker, was still strong enough to wreck planets by casually flicking his wrist. Just pure hate and destruction or something like that.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
Best part of this episode was Vegeta just laughing his rear end off when Trunks mentioned SSJ3

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Wuxi posted:

Now we're making poo poo up, right?

He was the most dangerous because he didn't give a gently caress about anything and while weaker, was still strong enough to wreck planets by casually flicking his wrist. Just pure hate and destruction or something like that.

We're always making poo poo up if it isn't specifically stated in official source materials. :)

That's always been my take on it though. You have flesh and bone and a roughly humanoid form and you're going to punch and kick a certain way that can be countered and blocked and predicted. You're a pink gum monster and you're going to bend and flop and punch from whatever angle you loving want to.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

New Leaf posted:

We're always making poo poo up if it isn't specifically stated in official source materials. :)

That's always been my take on it though. You have flesh and bone and a roughly humanoid form and you're going to punch and kick a certain way that can be countered and blocked and predicted. You're a pink gum monster and you're going to bend and flop and punch from whatever angle you loving want to.

Yeah but that would be true of all Buus, not just Kid Buu.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

man who cares about kid buu. cut rate super janemba if you ask me. terrible little pink man

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Best part of this episode was Vegeta just laughing his rear end off when Trunks mentioned SSJ3

i really wanted him to scream out that "kakarot was just loving with you!"

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

mmkay posted:

Gohan was stronger than Super Buu, who's stronger than Kid Buu. Hell, Goku was stronger than Kid Buu and he reckoned if he had a chance at being at full power, he'd be able to kill it.

yea it was like vegito was strongest, followed by gohan, then super buu, goku, a gaggle of other buus, etc

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Trunks using his stupid muscle-head transformation to trick Vegeta was also pretty cool.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Manatee Cannon posted:

yea it was like vegito was strongest, followed by gohan, then super buu, goku, a gaggle of other buus, etc

You're forgetting Super Dooper Buu with everyone absorbed. He was stronger than Gohan but weaker than Vegitto.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Are there any subs out there that use something other than "humans" whenever the kai's talk about mortal beings? It's just distracting to see this dinosaur man and then having the kai's go "stupid humans"

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Augus posted:

Trunks using his stupid muscle-head transformation to trick Vegeta was also pretty cool.

It was okay. I'd give it a 3/10.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Spoilers from future episode names/descriptions found on Reddit regarding that image of Black that's been floating around - The new form is Super Saiyan Rose.. Yeah.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

New Leaf posted:

Spoilers from future episode names/descriptions found on Reddit regarding that image of Black that's been floating around - The new form is Super Saiyan Rose.. Yeah.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well yeah opposite of cyan on color wheel.
going back to color school

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Aug 8, 2016

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So THAT'S why she wasn't in PXZ2...

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

I see someone saw my joke from the other day. :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Really curious for that, we can assume it'll be something akin to SSB so we might find out how exactly Goku and Vegeta got SSB since i'm assuming we can rule out those two convincing Gohan, Goten and a Trunks to hold hands with them until Black's got God Ki.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

:smith:

I really enjoyed those first four games, somehow...

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Rutibex posted:

You're forgetting Super Dooper Buu with everyone absorbed. He was stronger than Gohan but weaker than Vegitto.

o yea you're right

-Fish-
Oct 10, 2005

Glub glub.
Glub glub.

Man at Arms forged Future Trunks' sword
I immediately unsubscribed when they referred to it as the Z-Sword, baka gaijin.
For real though this is a cool video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGFW4japOoI

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Really curious for that, we can assume it'll be something akin to SSB so we might find out how exactly Goku and Vegeta got SSB since i'm assuming we can rule out those two convincing Gohan, Goten and a Trunks to hold hands with them until Black's got God Ki.

I think it's a safe bet to assume is that Goku Black will have god ki from whatever his connection to Zamasu is. So Super Saiyan Rose could be Super Saiyan with the ki of a Kaioshin.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Interestingly enough, didn't the Kaioshins have Ki that Goku and co could sense? I thought Beerus was the first time they were like "we flat out cannot sense his ki at all". Am I remember wrong?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Nobody could get a read on who Supreme Kai was until Piccolo realized when his match agains him in the WT came up. (because he was partly Kami)

• Locked thread