Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

As a representative of people with stupid eyes, I always wonder why the broadcasting default isn't color blind mode. It's like 8% of people or so and that's a pretty significant chunk of viewers -- teamfights are hard enough to parse already. Yeah I can watch in client but then I don't get to see the production values or player cams or anything. Seems like a pretty easy toggle to increase appeal at the click of one button.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

NmareBfly posted:

As a representative of people with stupid eyes, I always wonder why the broadcasting default isn't color blind mode. It's like 8% of people or so and that's a pretty significant chunk of viewers -- teamfights are hard enough to parse already. Yeah I can watch in client but then I don't get to see the production values or player cams or anything. Seems like a pretty easy toggle to increase appeal at the click of one button.

It was turned on but people cried and whined about it.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

96 spacejam posted:

LD co-owns/runs Beyond The Summit. I work in the hawt esports industry as well (literally how I make a very comfortable living) and if you think these personalities, players, coaches only come to big events and cast then lol anyways see ya'll at TI

Who do you work for if you dont mind my asking?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Kild posted:

It was turned on but people cried and whined about it.

Man, gently caress those people. They just have to get used to it, color blind people are physically incapable of meeting them halfway,

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave
Stranger meme's

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

NmareBfly posted:

yeah this should really be the default.

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Indefensible counterpoint: color blind mode looks really heinous and ugly, like, wow, just real bad. I am so glad that they stopped using it and I feel bad for the color blind folks but tbh I'm still trying to wager whether or not I feel bad enough for them to the point where I would want to see color blind mode used again. its real bad

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Have you considered not being colour blind?

Real talk, it's gonna own when Ehome wins TI and iceiceice will have finally surpassed his DK disappointments.

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

daryl "iceiceice" koh will never win a TI.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Sphyre posted:

daryl "iceiceice" koh will never win a TI.

He will when he finally leaves China and joins Secret

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

Ambivalent posted:

Indefensible counterpoint: color blind mode looks really heinous and ugly, like, wow, just real bad. I am so glad that they stopped using it and I feel bad for the color blind folks but tbh I'm still trying to wager whether or not I feel bad enough for them to the point where I would want to see color blind mode used again. its real bad

the gently caress is your beef with the colors blue and orange ?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Xtanstic posted:

He will when he finally leaves China and joins Secret

I'm ok with this if and only if they kick EE and Arteezy for him & I dunno, Fata?

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

skipThings posted:

the gently caress is your beef with the colors blue and orange ?

the colors used don't contrast well on the blue/cyan side and end up looking just pale and faded, are a little too neon or something on the pink/red side and it just clashes really hard with the rest of the game and looks weird, idk, it makes me feel like i'm playing HoN again where the game had a color palette designed by someone with no eyeballs

intellectually i have no problem with broadcasting in colorblind mode and it should probably happen, but in my heart it is really annoying and I never want to see it again

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Oh the prize pot is over 20 mil.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

remember when puppey was an untouchable #1 drafter of all time lmabo

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
More like poopy

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

i remember pupper before he met envy, he was good then

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

https://twitter.com/LDdota/status/762412565901082624

are you ready for a load of fake hype and shoehorning in preplanned lines in an attempt to become the next great reddit meme

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm excited for four hours of Jeremy Lin centric programming.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

colorblind mode looks better than normal mode anyway which is just more proof that draskyl is the best

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Radical posted:

i remember pupper before he met envy, he was good then

Envy won a major.

I feel like people keep forgetting this cuz it does feel like a fever dream but it actually happened.

Rtz is the real team killer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zo posted:

Envy won a major.

I feel like people keep forgetting this cuz it does feel like a fever dream but it actually happened.

Rtz is the real team killer.

Envy was on a team that won a major but w33 and pie are the ones who won it

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
Can we just make it where Dire heroes have to be from Dire lore and vice versa?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I honestly don't understand why all interviews or video spots and everything are still having a single handheld mic passed back and forth. I'm past being angry and annoyed and just curious how it has gone on this long. Get some loving clip on mics and the awkwardness of esports videos will automatically go down 1000%. Or even just give everyone their own goddamn hand mic if you want. Or use a boom mic or some poo poo idk im not a micologist

Ambivalent
Oct 14, 2006

Zurreco posted:

you know how we have all pick
its because normal pick was this

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.

Nanomashoes posted:

I'm excited for four hours of Jeremy Lin centric programming.

this but actually

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

drunken officeparty posted:

I honestly don't understand why all interviews or video spots and everything are still having a single handheld mic passed back and forth. I'm past being angry and annoyed and just curious how it has gone on this long. Get some loving clip on mics and the awkwardness of esports videos will automatically go down 1000%. Or even just give everyone their own goddamn hand mic if you want. Or use a boom mic or some poo poo idk im not a micologist

It's not bad with two people. But with a translator? Hoooooo boy

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

resistentialism posted:

Oh the prize pot is over 20 mil.

What was the final prize pool last year?

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Majuju posted:

this but actually

Agreed

Also if you guys want to buy player card packs the prices crashed again

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

What was the final prize pool last year?

$18,429,613

also:

Zurreco posted:

I've always wanted to see a tournament with this as the gimmick.

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.

Peanut President posted:

I've always wanted to see a tournament with this as the gimmick.

Shane had a stretch where his stack had to stick to schticks. One time they had all green heroes with only green items and they won on Tide + Necro with refreshers.

If you can get a tourney with those sorts of rules, I'll watch ASAP.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Zurreco posted:

Shane had a stretch where his stack had to stick to schticks. One time they had all green heroes with only green items and they won on Tide + Necro with refreshers.

Who has hosted gimmick tourneys so far? Sunsfan/DC have done Captains Draft. Who hosted Atod? (fun idea but the actual games were awful). If LD still posted we could pester him for some Summit shenanigans.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
honestly single draft tournament is the future

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Sphyre posted:

https://twitter.com/LDdota/status/762412565901082624

are you ready for a load of fake hype and shoehorning in preplanned lines in an attempt to become the next great reddit meme

DING DING DING MOTHERFUCKER

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Zurreco posted:

Plz give me all support tourney tia

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good

Xtanstic posted:

Who has hosted gimmick tourneys so far? Sunsfan/DC have done Captains Draft. Who hosted Atod? (fun idea but the actual games were awful). If LD still posted we could pester him for some Summit shenanigans.

I feel like the ATOD tourneys were too early in the scene to utilize their true potential and would be a lot better now.

I'd love to see a tourney using diving courage (http://divinecourage.dy.fi), I play it when I get bored of normal dota and it can be pretty fun to find a strategy with what you're given.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

NmareBfly posted:

Man, gently caress those people. They just have to get used to it, color blind people are physically incapable of meeting them halfway,

If the colorblind mode isn't pretty enough for regular people to enjoy it, then it is on Valve to improve it. League of Legends has pretty much made it so colorblind mode IS the default so there are no problems.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
can't the eyecripples just watch in game with whatever settings they want? colorblind mode is hideous in every game

gangnam reference
Dec 26, 2010

shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot shut up idiot
I'll throw $3000 at a tourney of 5v5 antimage who's gonna match me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
so who thinks is gonna disband after this tournament? I think liquid will if they don't get top 8.

• Locked thread