Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I was in the stronghold yesterday and no quests were Available, I went back to questing, gained a few levels popped back into the stronghold and they had quests for me. I dunno

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Maybe you can only get them after a certain level? Glad they're working anyway.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

acumen posted:

I think I figured it out. I got a couple epic enhancements - not runestones (their names for all the enchanting mats :stare: ) . I socketed my lowbie armour with them for some pretty large stat boosts and 11% exp bonus, and bought a couple more from the Tourmaline Bar shop too.

Upgrading the low level runes/enhancements I've been feeding in duplicates of the same to get the bonus exp. Just need an offensive spot now so I can pop in a +230 power enhancement.

Keep in mind that each point of any statistic that isn't AC or weapon damage is .25 percent of the value it feeds into.

So 230 power is about half a percentage point of extra damage.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Glazius posted:

Keep in mind that each point of any statistic that isn't AC or weapon damage is .25 percent of the value it feeds into.

And here one been focusing on critical strike for my hunter ranger. poo poo. Time to reroll

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe

Glazius posted:

Yeah I discovered that, they sure add up though when stacked. I'm up to almost 30% crit chance on my GWF now.

Okay so I finally completed the Neverdeath Graveyard at level 35. I haven't even touched Helm's Hold or Ebon Downs yet - is there anything valuable from the full questline like a bag or can I just skip em for Vellosk? Also I have a shitton of seals from dungeons and have just been purchasing rank 5 azure enchantments and selling them for AD. Is there a more efficient way to spend these?

I've been crushing all the guild dailies since I got in but unfortunately it seems like it takes quite a bit of mats to upgrade.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

acumen posted:

Yeah I discovered that, they sure add up though when stacked. I'm up to almost 30% crit chance on my GWF now.

Okay so I finally completed the Neverdeath Graveyard at level 35. I haven't even touched Helm's Hold or Ebon Downs yet - is there anything valuable from the full questline like a bag or can I just skip em for Vellosk? Also I have a shitton of seals from dungeons and have just been purchasing rank 5 azure enchantments and selling them for AD. Is there a more efficient way to spend these?

I've been crushing all the guild dailies since I got in but unfortunately it seems like it takes quite a bit of mats to upgrade.

Yeah, it takes a ton of mats. Or :10bux:. PC guild finally hit level 5 and changed the overworld, and we've got a lot more ahead of us.

As far as completing zones goes, check your campaign flag - every zone should have its own little clear bonus associated with it.

...or isn't that in for you yet?

ParsleyTroll
Nov 26, 2007
Can't remember any bonus for clearing a zone on the ps4 but it might just be cloudy memory, don't remember any campaign flag either.. :)

Double AD-event + Tymora's Gift this weekend (only on ps4?)! Actually started maybe tenish hours ago but promptly fell asleep before I managed to make a post about it.

Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe
I've been playing this again recently, after trying it a couple of years ago and not staying with it. I'm working on a healadin, still leveling (approaching 40). If there's any room in the PC guild for a mostly casual, but consistent player, would appreciate an invite for Pietro Wolfson@ww9000. (lol at my suitably doofy D&D name)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Is there any way of sending gold or AD to another player? Wanted to send my wife some to help her out while she's off the next few days.

e: on PS4

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Aug 5, 2016

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

You could just trade on a person to give them gold on pc. AD was a bit more challenging but pick a random low ad value and get the person you want to give ad to put it up for sale for the amount of ad you want to give them then buy that poo poo.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

FoldOgey posted:

I've been playing this again recently, after trying it a couple of years ago and not staying with it. I'm working on a healadin, still leveling (approaching 40). If there's any room in the PC guild for a mostly casual, but consistent player, would appreciate an invite for Pietro Wolfson@ww9000. (lol at my suitably doofy D&D name)

Invite sent.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Is there any way of sending gold or AD to another player? Wanted to send my wife some to help her out while she's off the next few days.

e: on PS4

Gold can be transferred via trade or if you're both in a guild you can deposit/withdraw however much your limits are for that day from the guild bank.

If you wanna transfer AD just have her put up an item on the AH for however much you want and then you buy it out. You will eat the AH fee though.

Chronic Reagan
Oct 13, 2000

pictures of plastic men
Fun Shoe

FoldOgey posted:

Saw the invite pop up when I logged in, but it disappeared before I could acknowledge it. Will be on for a bit, if someone could resend. Sorry :(

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

FoldOgey posted:

Saw the invite pop up when I logged in, but it disappeared before I could acknowledge it. Will be on for a bit, if someone could resend. Sorry :(

You should be good now.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bert Roberge posted:

Gold can be transferred via trade or if you're both in a guild you can deposit/withdraw however much your limits are for that day from the guild bank.

If you wanna transfer AD just have her put up an item on the AH for however much you want and then you buy it out. You will eat the AH fee though.
Biggest issue is we share a console, so mail would have been the best way to do it.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Biggest issue is we share a console, so mail would have been the best way to do it.

If you share an account too then you can just swap the money out at your bank.

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Played this game to about level 45 or something and PC and enjoyed it quite a bit. However, it's even better on PS4 imo. Feels really good playing a GWF while laying on the couch listening to podcasts.

Would love an invite to the guild: Steinbolt@Granbar

Zam Wesell fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Aug 6, 2016

Eat At Blimpees!
Aug 7, 2006
It's green, it flies, it's the Goblin Zeplin!
I'll be playing this for a while.

Please toss me an invite on PS4.

Becky@Boudrix

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
PSA there's a double refine event starting on Sept 1 (on PC, console plebs check your calendar).

Presteign
Aug 8, 2004
consent is overrated

Semisponge posted:

PSA there's a double refine event starting on Sept 1 (on PC, console plebs check your calendar).
Starts Sept. 1 on PS4 as well.

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
I'm a recent PS4 addition, never played this before or an MMO for a long time but it's pretty fun, if overwhelming with the million loving currencies and crazy poo poo like artifacts and companions and powers and feats and and and. That's what you get for joining an MMO years after launch, I didn't even know Neverwinter Online existed until the PS4 release.

Anyway - would love a guild invite, but not sure what to give out - my PSN? My character name? How do I find what server I'm on or does it matter?

Also - does anyone playing on PS4 ( or xbox ) actually use the chat system? I assume we must all be on the same servers and playing with PC peeps or something because I can't imagine how many people are actually using those PS4 controller keypads or bluetooth keyboards ( or all the gold or whatever spammers . I do have the crappy PS4 headset/mic that it comes with though ( and a PSEye but the mic on that I think is useless if you've got game sounds/music going on ).

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]
Character name@PSN account name

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...

Granbar posted:

Character name@PSN account name

Thanks!

Guild invite please :D

Ps4

Kreeg@Astriaal

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

So I listed some AD on the marketplace to get some zen. My listing got purchased yesterday, and now I have no AD and no zen.

How exactly does this work? Is there like a 24 hour turn around or something?

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Paul Zuvella posted:

So I listed some AD on the marketplace to get some zen. My listing got purchased yesterday, and now I have no AD and no zen.

How exactly does this work? Is there like a 24 hour turn around or something?

You have to withdraw it from the AD marketplace screen.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable
Zen you bought, or AD you received from selling Zen, won't automatically appear in your inventory. They appear in the AD/Zen exchange and you need to withdraw from there. Further Zen purchases or using Zen to sell for AD would draw from that reserve first. AD/Zen would also appear here if you cancelled a listing you made.

Also an exchange may take time depending on factors so even if you put in the offer you may not get a result immediately, especially when purchasing Zen.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Oh hey, the gold spammers have finally discovered zone chat on ps4!

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Oh hey, the gold spammers have finally discovered zone chat on ps4!

I pretty much turned everything but say, group and guild off. Made the game so much better.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

But then how could you read all the thought-provoking* political campaigns being discussed on zonechat if you can't read them?! :shepicide:

*Provoking thoughts towards suicide.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Pooncha posted:

But then how could you read all the thought-provoking* political campaigns being discussed on zonechat if you can't read them?! :shepicide:

Just type 'guys who should I vote for this election?' every 4 hours and watch em go.

Capn Jobe
Jan 18, 2003

That's right. Here it is. But it's like you always have compared the sword, the making of the sword, with the making of the character. Cuz the stronger, the stronger it will get, right, the stronger the steel will get, with all that, and the same as with the character.
Soiled Meat
So I think I would like to try playing this with you guys...just started playing. IGN is Scrander, if that helps.

Can't seem to find an @name on the launcher screen...do I need one? I'm on PC.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Capn Jobe posted:

So I think I would like to try playing this with you guys...just started playing. IGN is Scrander, if that helps.

Can't seem to find an @name on the launcher screen...do I need one? I'm on PC.

Send me a mail in game @istarin and I'll give you an invite.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pooncha posted:

I didn't realise they were so into social issues. I mean it's been months since the attack and they're still urging everyone to remember Harambe in quite a surprising way!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Doublepost, but a theory: Keep some L3 Tymora's enchantments in the bank, and in a month or two, stick them on the auction house for silly money. Tons of new players coming in all the time who were not here for the event, who'll gladly pay for a 'unique' enchant they can't otherwise get.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

What can you even do with gold in this game, I have no had to spend a dime so far.

Also what's the endgame like? So far this game has been fun but by far the worst aspect of it in my opinion are dungeons. They are so bland and boring and thoughtless, do they get more interesting?

acumen
Mar 17, 2005
Fun Shoe
So happy the AD weekend is over so I don't feel obligated to PVP anymore. Holy poo poo what an unbalanced mess - are paladins or GFs or whatever they are even possible to kill? Even with 3-4 people on my team whaling on one we can't do any damage.

Otherwise game is cool and the levelling speed so far has been great due to all the dailies. Already made enough zen/AD to purchase another month of VIP if I need, and then some.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.
Two questions (for context, I'm at level 65 as a SW and have zero interest in pvp if it matters):

Are the non-healing potions just vendor trash, or are any of them good enough that they should be in the potion tray? (Right now I've got potion, injury kit, and healing stone in there. I have a lucky coin, which might go in one of them eventually.)

And which dungeon is the best to run as the second leveling dungeon for AD? The first is obviously whichever the guild cleric wants to give all that exp for, but what about the second? Which is quickest/least painful to run usually?

TollTheHounds
Mar 23, 2006

He died for your sins...
This might be more of a general PS4 thread question but I'm curious if anyone here actually uses those bluetooth keyboard things that snap into your controller ( and if you are, which one would you recommend? There are a ton on Amazon but they're either 5 stars or 1 star so I have no idea ).

I just assume that PC/Xbox/PS4 are all on the same servers and everything now and I kind of miss being able to chat and egg on retards on /zone and stuff, but I don't want to have to keep a keyboard nearby and put down my controller to type and so on.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I had a nice rotation of logging in, accepting daily quests and then continuing the msq. So as I continued the msq I'd knock out doing the rounds and keeping the peace.

This worked out great for a while until I hit level 30. Now my daily quests out rank my lvl 27 msq and so I actually have to go out of my way to do my daily quests. :negative:

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Paul Zuvella posted:

What can you even do with gold in this game, I have no had to spend a dime so far.

Also what's the endgame like? So far this game has been fun but by far the worst aspect of it in my opinion are dungeons. They are so bland and boring and thoughtless, do they get more interesting?

Gold is used for:

• Buying some NPC-store stuff; basic profession assets/resources and injury kits in particular.
  • Certain campaign tasks. Most boons and dungeon key tasks require some gold to do, alongside whatever unique currency the area has.
  • Removing enchantments and runestones intact. The price tag seems minor, but it quickly adds up if you're doing a lot of switching around. I've run out of gold a few times doing this one. :v:

I may have forgotten a few other uses but those three are the major ones.

IMHO dungeons don't improve a lot on the "run from point A to point B murdering everything in your way", and once you reach cap the dungeons need 5 players instead of 3, and it becomes more important not to get hit as you can be downed pretty quickly if you aren't careful. Boss gimmicks become more important to pay attention to, but the loot's better, at least.

From my PC perspective, endgame stuff is grinding: Grinding non-Tyranny boons, grinding various boss encounters--dragonflights, Tiamat, (Epic) Demogorgon--for gear or boons, grinding daily quests for resources or refining stones, and so on. With double refinement incoming I'm betting a lot of people are doubling down on the Dread Ring and Sharandar daily quests for the refining stones they give you. :v:

acumen posted:

So happy the AD weekend is over so I don't feel obligated to PVP anymore. Holy poo poo what an unbalanced mess - are paladins or GFs or whatever they are even possible to kill? Even with 3-4 people on my team whaling on one we can't do any damage.

Otherwise game is cool and the levelling speed so far has been great due to all the dailies. Already made enough zen/AD to purchase another month of VIP if I need, and then some.

As imbalanced as PvE can get at times, it doesn't hold a candle to the hilarity of PvP sometimes, so don't feel bad if you notice something out of the ordinary. Your observation is correct, though: a properly built paladin/GF is a bitch to kill and you're probably better served just capping more points.

I just ignore PvP completely since it tends to be a hotbed of drama even with the coolest of players.

Thranguy posted:

Two questions (for context, I'm at level 65 as a SW and have zero interest in pvp if it matters):

Are the non-healing potions just vendor trash, or are any of them good enough that they should be in the potion tray? (Right now I've got potion, injury kit, and healing stone in there. I have a lucky coin, which might go in one of them eventually.)

And which dungeon is the best to run as the second leveling dungeon for AD? The first is obviously whichever the guild cleric wants to give all that exp for, but what about the second? Which is quickest/least painful to run usually?

The buff potions you pick up are required to level alchemy, and an aspiring alchemist can go through a few or a lot of them depending on the kindness of the RNG. So save those if you're planning to level alchemy, or toss them into the guild bank if you're not.

Any dungeon is good to run twice for the AD bonuses (after two times, the AD gain slows to a trickle). For the PC version at least, the dungeon "The Pirate King" seems to have a weird bug where at least one party member would CTD upon getting near the boss, so you might want to avoid that one after the first run to get the Savras tokens. Not sure if the PS4 version carried that over.

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 21:00 on Aug 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The pirate king one is currently disabled on PS4, so i'm guessing the bug is somehow even worse.

Sent my wife the few favour coins I got so she could get the fancy horse. She is unreasonably happy with it.

• Locked thread