Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
drat that looks weird, didn't realise robocop has become the new word-filter over the abbreviated Social Justice Warrior, lol what a time to be alive!?! *grabs rope*

E: God drat snipe, gently caress this poo poo.

You can have the quality of snipe that this thread deserves you filthy animals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patience, Redcordial. We're only human.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
unlike those drat SJW's

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico

QUACKTASTIC posted:

Patience, Redcordial. We're only human.

This is comforting.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

who are part machine, you see.

and all cop

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Redcordial posted:

drat that looks weird, didn't realise robocop has become the new word-filter over the abbreviated Social Justice Warrior, lol what a time to be alive!?! *grabs rope*

E: God drat snipe, gently caress this poo poo.

You can have the quality of snipe that this thread deserves you filthy animals.

I feel you man. We're all loving animals in here.

EDIT: Celibate Animals

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

i for one am not loving any animals

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It's too early for the bacchanal rites with new Greens initiates. Get your poo poo together.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

hooman posted:

I feel you man. We're all loving animals in here.

EDIT: Celibate Animals

In this crazy world we are all just animals locked in cages, responding to the hands that feed us. I'm normally okay with that, it just gets you down sometimes you know.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Redcordial posted:

Urghh I'm so tired of seeing/hearing people talk about such trivialities as Political Correctness and SJW's.. Luckily only a few people that I know are stupid enough to regurgitate this poo poo.

It's always the same people, and they just can't seem to get over whatever internal conflict it is that pushes them to communicate their frustrations with the world, on a daily basis.
I know it's a manifestation of multiple thought processes and behavioural traits and tendencies, but to think that loving SJW's and PC Gone Mad are worthy of your utmost attention is loving skewed.

I'm just ranting, so feel free to ignore me, but if I don't vent after a long day of classes and group work I will forever be bitter at this cruel world..

Hearing the ridiculous pejorative of SJW is like the new I'm Not A Racist, But.. of indicating someone is about to poo poo out of their mouth. gently caress anyone who uses SJW as a serious label, especially as a pejorative, loving neoliberals....

Nice meltdown.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Jumpingmanjim posted:

Nice meltdown.

Thank you, I thought so too.

Just releasing pressure from the small frustrations that occur in daily life, it feels rather nice.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Redcordial posted:

Urghh I'm so tired of seeing/hearing people talk about such trivialities as Political Correctness and SJW's.. Luckily only a few people that I know are stupid enough to regurgitate this poo poo.

It's always the same people, and they just can't seem to get over whatever internal conflict it is that pushes them to communicate their frustrations with the world, on a daily basis.
I know it's a manifestation of multiple thought processes and behavioural traits and tendencies, but to think that loving SJW's and PC Gone Mad are worthy of your utmost attention is loving skewed.

I'm just ranting, so feel free to ignore me, but if I don't vent after a long day of classes and group work I will forever be bitter at this cruel world..

Hearing the ridiculous pejorative of SJW is like the new I'm Not A Racist, But.. of indicating someone is about to poo poo out of their mouth. gently caress anyone who uses SJW as a serious label, especially as a pejorative, loving neoliberals....

who knew that ljdrama has become a political force to be reckoned with.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I had one guy in my sociology of religion and secularity class start talking about how his grandma's a racist, and how annoying it is that every second word out of her mouth is a racial slur, but you know some of the stuff she says does worry him a bit like how Muslims get free housing and welfare. He thought that was unfair and should stop. :negative:

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Tokamak posted:

who knew that ljdrama has become a political force to be reckoned with.

I had never heard of ljdrama before, google search left me all :o

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I had one guy in my sociology of religion and secularity class start talking about how his grandma's a racist, and how annoying it is that every second word out of her mouth is a racial slur, but you know some of the stuff she says does worry him a bit like how Muslims get free housing and welfare. He thought that was unfair and should stop. :negative:

This is the type of poo poo that really gets to me, the regurgitation of utter nonsense that people just seem to think is totally acceptable both factually and morally.

I get a lot of similar outbursts of misplaced and ignorant views in some of my classes, too... I thought psychology students were meant to be smarter, but we aren't all mature (age) students.

loving amateurs, showing their stupidity so openly, how teachers cope with that type of poo poo I never know.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

In one of my classes just last week, we had to describe a time we felt a strong sense of loss and grief, and how it felt.

Someone talked about how they lost a big game and dropped a ranking, while not being able to collect a new skin(?) in a game called League of Legends.....

In the army I faced some stupid, but this poo poo...

At least it wasn't a racist or sexist outburst, which happen far too often.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Redcordial posted:

This is the type of poo poo that really gets to me, the regurgitation of utter nonsense that people just seem to think is totally acceptable both factually and morally.

I get a lot of similar outbursts of misplaced and ignorant views in some of my classes, too... I thought psychology students were meant to be smarter, but we aren't all mature (age) students.

loving amateurs, showing their stupidity so openly, how teachers cope with that type of poo poo I never know.

yeah look as a psychology student I too am flabbergasted at the poo poo opinions some of my friends have (such as how it's not xenophobia when it's justified?????????)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Redcordial posted:

In one of my classes just last week, we had to describe a time we felt a strong sense of loss and grief, and how it felt.

Someone talked about how they lost a big game and dropped a ranking, while not being able to collect a new skin(?) in a game called League of Legends.....

league of legends is serious business, friend

i think it's hilariously stupid to talk about grief in relation to "i didn't win my promotions into gold v" in public, but hey, manchildren go to tertiary education too

like me

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Recoome posted:

yeah look as a psychology student I too am flabbergasted at the poo poo opinions some of my friends have (such as how it's not xenophobia when it's justified?????????)

It's terrible when you hear friends/family/colleagues say such crap, because you know your forehead will be hosed in the morning from how hard you need to face-palm.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lots of drinking

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

ungulateman posted:

league of legends is serious business, friend

i think it's hilariously stupid to talk about grief in relation to "i didn't win my promotions into gold v" in public, but hey, manchildren go to tertiary education too

like me

Hahah I knew someone would pick me up on it, but I do have a little hatred of that game, though I've never played it.

I grew up playing DotA in my teens from its creation, and loved that game. So naturally once I realised there was a seemingly rip-off version of it, I've hated it since. These classmates who mention it in class with serious intent really don't help either...

Sometimes I play GTA and pretend it's set in Australia, and go on massive rampages. Those are good days.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

SynthOrange posted:

Lots of drinking

Thank you for your service.

Amethyst
Mar 28, 2004

I CANNOT HELP BUT MAKE THE DCSS THREAD A FETID SWAMP OF UNFUN POSTING
plz notice me trunk-senpai

BlitzkriegOfColour posted:

Is anyone else finding hilarious the new senators who, apparently unfamiliar with the role of the senate, are demanding this and that? Dickheads, you're a house of review, not as house of suggestion. Try for a lower house seat if you want to dictate the policies put up for review, but in the meantime, stfu. Special shout outs to our incompetent media for not ridiculing these thickies.

Lol this is completely wrong, you thickie.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

You need to have at least 80% correct think to be able to post in this thread.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

Tokamak posted:

You need to have at least 80% correct think to be able to post in this thread.

Amethyst posted:

Lol this is completely wrong, you thickie.

Statistical error, run analysis again.

*Though the context of that particular Amethyst post is half correct, the other >95% of their posts contradict said statement

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do

Redcordial posted:

I had never heard of ljdrama before, google search left me all :o

The majority of people who start undergraduates in psychology studies are psychotic and strange control freaks, who also gum up the works of the philosophy departments, and do not last long. Genuinely capable and interested people are rare and beautiful and cool as hell

To clarify: you're the former and gently caress off

The Peccadillo fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Aug 8, 2016

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
One of the women in my class doesn't believe that feminism is necessary because women are equal

my tutor told her she should take a bus home from Reservoir station (might have been broadmeadows or something, but low-ses generally unsafe outer suburb was the idea) one night instead of her car and see if she felt the same after that

I'm not sure anyone won in that exchange really

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

Redcordial posted:

It was a strong loss to me, fucker!

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Aw man, why is Amethyst banned?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Lizard Combatant posted:

He melted down, nicely

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Birdstrike posted:

He melted down, nicely

plz link

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Have we discussed the census yet?

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Birdstrike posted:

He melted down, nicely

Now i see why they were so keen on screamingllama

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

iajanus posted:

plz link

Leper colony, just your average talking in graphic detail about how he would like to kill a poster who said he should get out more

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Lizard Combatant posted:

creepy death threats

Also got into a fight with a weird yospos poster who has an autistic fetish about posting about hating sci-fi.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

tithin posted:

what was the can of worms emoji again

:can:

When people get their money siphoned like this, is it because they use financial managers or something? Maybe it's because I've had my debit card compromised before, or because we live on a pretty tight budget but if any of my money went missing I'd know about it pretty quick.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Solemn Sloth posted:

Leper colony, just your average talking in graphic detail about how he would like to kill a poster who said he should get out more

Read the posts, totally normal, no idea what people are worried about

:shepface:

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Recoome posted:

creepy death threats

Also got into a fight with a weird yospos poster who has an autistic fetish about posting about hating sci-fi.

Came across as a frustrated jock who doesn't have nerds in the neighbourhood to bully but probably right.

In other news Chris Pyne talks about :tinfoil: because concern over your privacy is of course for nutters.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Redcordial posted:

They're teenagers, if their grandparents are alive and they've never lost a pet then it's pretty easy to have a video game loss as their biggest loss.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

iajanus posted:

Read the posts, totally normal, no idea what people are worried about

:shepface:

That's some posting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:can:

When people get their money siphoned like this, is it because they use financial managers or something? Maybe it's because I've had my debit card compromised before, or because we live on a pretty tight budget but if any of my money went missing I'd know about it pretty quick.

Pretty much. Depending on the setup, clients tend to hand over a large sum of money and then trust that the finplanner would handle it in a responsible manner. We had a system in place that meant funds could only be transferred out of an account, into an approved account specified by the client, but even then I could probably have ripped people off by forging a form to change that, transfer money and then changing it back.

And if you are doing a lot of trading on a big account, it's easy to miss 20 grand here or there.

• Locked thread