Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

It's not rape unless I explicitly see it!

Aaod posted:

Only about a quarter of the people I have seen playing were on foot and most of those were just sitting at a lured spot. I was bothered by this at first but I realized in a suburban area playing the game even with a car makes the game barely playable as opposed to near unplayable.

Imagine if pokemon could randomly spawn on any road, populated or not. Maybe even just the commons and a few uncommon depending on the area. Low risk of pokemon spawning on private property etc. Still could use a few more pokestops though.

edit5: Maybe they could add random item caches in the world too, like the items/hidden items in pokemon the game. maybe class low populated areas as caves/mountains or whatever and put them in there.

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Aug 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperbowl
Mar 26, 2010

Zo posted:

Someone mentioned that it's completely trivial for niantic to change the api key or whatever the gently caress so expect scanners to go down often as nerds scramble to crack it each time.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start changing it faster than people can crack it at some point.
Changes at this point will require changes to the client. It will be easier to track down changes by comparing the code of different versions of the app.

This crackdown didn't change the client, so it was more difficult to figure out.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
gently caress 10k eggs.

I've gotten 3:

Pinsir: already had
Eevee: already had
Scyther: already had

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I got two Jynx in a goddamned row. :argh:

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

I just evolved a 10 weedle into a 10 kakuna. I plugged it into thesilphroad and level 1.5 can't have 10hp, so it has to be level 1. and it gives me this.

HMM... SOMETHING DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT ABOUT THOSE STATS. MAKE SURE YOUR HP AND CP ARE CORRECT, AND THAT YOUR POWER-UP CANDY/STARDUST COSTS ARE RIGHT!

ATTACK + DEFENSE IV:
NAN / 30
STAMINA IV:
NAN / 15

I think I have the worst kakuna in the game.

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 08:22 on Aug 8, 2016

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
So, a few days ago, a gym my team held was almost instantly toppled by some very obvious spoofers. They were all well over level 30 (rare in Japan at the moment, and especially in my little town, which is probably why they targeted it), they all had English names I had never seen in the area before, said names were all the same with one or two letter variations, and they all had nothing but perfect IV'd Lapras, Snorlax and Dragonite with optimum moves.

I took it all down in half an hour with a team of Golbat and the 100+ revives I was going to delete anyway.

gently caress IVs.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Pogo live map has an unexpected bonus feature: it adds to your egg step count when it is scanning.

wellwhoopdedooo
Nov 23, 2007

Pound Trooper!

Waltzing Along posted:

Pogo live map has an unexpected bonus feature: it adds to your egg step count when it is scanning.

Which means you're using the same account, which means you gonna get banned.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I only needed two more eggsecutes and then the web scanners went offline and they shuffled up the nests. I haven't seen a goddamn eggsecute in two weeks.

When poo poo pops up, it's literally not on my "nearby" menu, and vice versa. Things on my nearby menu don't loving exist. I spent twenty minutes chasing a blastoise shadow and it chased me all the way home eight miles away, mocking me, after I gave up.

The game is broken in all the most frustrating ways. Is there still no PR to answer any questions the userbase has?

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

:boom:

quote:

I only needed two more eggsecutes and then the web scanners went offline and they shuffled up the nests. I haven't seen a goddamn eggsecute in two weeks.

When nests changed, they moved down 1 number on the pokedex to the next non region specific basic pokemon. So if you remember or find old resources for where cubone nests used to be, you'll probably find them there. By chance, did the exeggcute nest change into voltorb?

Eyochigan fucked around with this message at 08:39 on Aug 8, 2016

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

I had to create an account to get that program working. But thank you for your concern.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Eyochigan posted:

:boom:

When nests changed, they moved down 1 number on the pokedex to the next non region specific basic pokemon. So if you remember or find old resources for where cubone nests used to be, you'll probably find them there. By chance, did the exeggcute nest change into voltorb?

No. Maybe the suburb doesn't have nests. I just always seemed to find one or two eggsecutes whenever I drove up to the abandoned A&P. "gotta pick up a dozen eggs" I'd say. It was funny because it's all boarded up and empty. I only see the usual pidgys there, now. Nothing interesting since the scanners went down and people complained they shuffled up the nests. I assumed it was a nest because I found 10 eggs there already.

weirdly chilly pussy
Oct 6, 2007

Cowslips Warren posted:

So I am pretty new to this (only got my phone this past week and am at level 7, so not the best, I know) but I don't understand why I am unable to throw down a lure at a Pokestop.

Click on the white box above the picture on the pokestop screen. Lures can't be activated from the bag.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Waltzing Along posted:

gently caress 10k eggs.

I've gotten 3:

My last 3 eggs all hatched pinsirs.

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

not before all the people doing way worse

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
Lol niantic blocked pokeadvisor oh well.

At least i got a 100% vaporeon while it was still up!

Eyochigan
Dec 13, 2006

iRend posted:

Lol niantic blocked pokeadvisor oh well.

At least i got a 100% vaporeon while it was still up!

Niantic blocked clouds which means pokeadvisor does not work. We don't know yet if Niantic did it to purposely block IV calculations.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

the panacea posted:

My last 3 eggs all hatched pinsirs.

All my 10km eggs have been Mr. Mimes.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Kajeesus posted:

All my 10km eggs have been Mr. Mimes.

I dunno if it's the alcohol talking but GIVE ME YOUR loving EGGS

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

widespread posted:

it's the alcohol talking, go home

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

wellwhoopdedooo posted:

lol @ thinking they're going to ban anyone

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I'm glad that they are blocking 3rd party cheating tools, it just makes the game more difficult for those who do not want to use them and give their username and password to some shady website just to sperg out over IVs. In-game you can compare similar mons by their CP arc, but this is less effective than the tools, so the tools provide an unfair advantage over regular players. Now if only they would ban even the most obvious of botting cheaters too...

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

They should just show the attack/defense/stamina stats in the game in my opinion. I get that Pokemon games usually hide them but I just never have agreed with hiding stats from players in games where stats are the only thing which sets items, characters or abilities apart. It's not like 3 numbers is some insane amount of data which would cause filthy casual players to explode at trying to comprehend.

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Waltzing Along posted:

gently caress 10k eggs.

I've gotten 3:

Seriously an eevee in a 10k? Those are as plentiful as rats and pidgies here.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Cowman posted:

It's really unfortunate that a lot of useful sites like Pokeadvisor were taken down because of botters and Niantic banning the botters. Cheaters ruin it for everyone :(

Except they're not banning the botters despite the fact that they've had foolproof ways to spot them for a while now.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
but they already said banwaves are coming

i mean i know everyone thinks niantic is literally hitler but this is how you ban bots, in big, sudden waves, otherwise they will just constantly adapt

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Cartouche posted:

Seriously an eevee in a 10k? Those are as plentiful as rats and pidgies here.

I've gotten no less than 4 Eevees out of 10k eggs and none of them had over 85% IVs. they're immediately rendered into candy.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Zo posted:

but they already said banwaves are coming

i mean i know everyone thinks niantic is literally hitler but this is how you ban bots, in big, sudden waves, otherwise they will just constantly adapt

they're giving them even more chances to adapt by making changes to the game's API before banning anyone. honestly, except for the most egregious cases of people spoofing to different continents within the same day I really don't think bans are coming, they're just going to keep making it harder for cheaters to cheat.

Unsmart
Oct 6, 2006

Eyochigan posted:

They're all winners. There's also this still https://thesilphroad.com/research
Click on IV rater and follow the procedure. And if you need an absolute answer, you can spend candies to power your mon to the next stardust level (each power up is 0.5 levels) but you probably won't waste starter candy on that. Still an option for anything else until the cloud gets its poo poo together.

Should use PokeAssistant or any of the calculators that give you a range instead. The SR calculator is pretty but not accurate and only shows you one possibility even if there are more.

Ed: It can be useful to look at the value ranges though to quickly go through a bunch without entering the data of every single one.

Unsmart fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 8, 2016

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

widespread posted:

Kajesus is European though!

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Indeed. Also Mr. Mime's stats are pretty poo poo. I'd be happy to hatch an Eevee or anything else with a useful evolution, since 10km eggs at least give 30+ candies.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Is there any way to change the scan radius in the download thing without logging out and back in?

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Eyochigan posted:

I just evolved a 10 weedle into a 10 kakuna. I plugged it into thesilphroad and level 1.5 can't have 10hp, so it has to be level 1. and it gives me this.

HMM... SOMETHING DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT ABOUT THOSE STATS. MAKE SURE YOUR HP AND CP ARE CORRECT, AND THAT YOUR POWER-UP CANDY/STARDUST COSTS ARE RIGHT!

ATTACK + DEFENSE IV:
NAN / 30
STAMINA IV:
NAN / 15

10 is the minimum cp displayed. So if your weedle or w/e has 10, it may actually be 6 or 8

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Eyochigan posted:

That's nothing, I've run Pokemon through that lovely checker and it didn't even list my Pokemon's HP as a possible low end :(

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

10k egg hatched on my way to work and it's my first Chansey! :woop:

I'm also trying to catch as many Paras as I can to feed to my great Parasect.

Game is still fun.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

DizzyBum posted:

Game is still fun.

I mean yeah it fuckin is, it turned my 5km-both-ways walking commute from a midsummer marathon into a pleasant stroll where I get credit for walking in the form of Pidgey Candy. Even just knowing I have it in battery saver mode is a tremendous distraction from the tedium of doing the same route every day merely hoping that I'll see some cool bird fly by, or like some aunties arguing in front of Curves.

avoid doorways
Jun 6, 2010

'twas brillig
Gun Saliva

DizzyBum posted:

Game is still fun.

:ssh: Niantic will hear you.

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
I beat gyms by spamming raticates at them. Who cares about ivs. I have an unlimited amount of raticates to fight and then candy grind. I live in rat country. My 4 year old caught one while she was looking at kitty (jigglypuff) at highway speed since I am the rat king. They flock to fight in my rat army.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I don't know why it's still possible for me to be surprised that people lose their poo poo and do incredibly lame/stupid things to "win" an unwinnable time-sink game, but the poo poo people are doing for this game is a new level.

I don't get it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
Sucks about Pokéadvisor. Luckily Blossom's PoGO Manager still works for me (at least for checking IVs, I've never used it to transfer/evolve etc.)

• Locked thread