Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Ever since finding out that Rank 53 is a threshold to go from 60 points end of season to 80 I've been hovering around 52 and finding it impossible to break

Then I switch back to QP because I wanna play something other than Lucio/Reinhardt every game (At least now when I pick D.Va people don't complain as much)

why would people complain about d.va anyway, she's amazing now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

Depends on the match but sometimes people get really upset if you back any more than 1 support and 1 tank (50s)

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

resistentialism posted:

I got past 65 solo queuing as lucio, ymmv.

Now I'm playing more quickplay because I like koth symmetra

What does that have to do with playing quick play?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Depends on the match but sometimes people get really upset if you back any more than 1 support and 1 tank (50s)

that sucks since double support is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than just one and having two tanks is good

e: tho people that think one support is fine (even if it's zen) persist even into the 60s and 70s on both pc and console and it sucks

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Aug 8, 2016

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

What does that have to do with playing quick play?

If you can't tell then this is one of the problems with your comp game, at least solo queue with strangers.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)

I haven't seen that in any of my matches. Nobody has complained about me picking D.Va (yet)... although my sample size is a bit small, just 12 matches.

D.Va is loving amazing, and you should pick her if you're good with her despite any complaining.

Make sure you have Rein with you on Payload/2 CP maps though.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Manatee Cannon posted:

Dva is great fun, oh except if you are literally anyone but the person playing as her

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
My only issue with Dva is that usually it means Rein + Dva, and I'd rather have Rein + Roadhog because of the picks Roadhog can get with his hook. - applies more to Payload/CP than too koth.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i'm at rank 55 and i'm just hoping to hit 56 before next week for the extra chunk of planet lunch ploids

even if i do i'll still be about 170 ploids short of a golden gun. comp matches take too long

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
I've been stuck at 58/59 because of some poor team comps and it hurts so badly. I just want 60 dammit! (going to hit 60 then complain that I'm close to 65 but not there)

Snostorm
Sep 9, 2013
100 levels in now, I'm finally realizing that Overwatch really needs some UI customization options. I don't need my super meter in the middle, that's where I want my health bar. The ammo counter needs to be larger, or at least change colors when I'm low on ammo. I want my kill feed to be in the lower left. And I want to auto-mute all offensive Symmetra and Torbs, because their opinions are dead to me.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Snostorm posted:

100 levels in now, I'm finally realizing that Overwatch really needs some UI customization options. I don't need my super meter in the middle, that's where I want my health bar. The ammo counter needs to be larger, or at least change colors when I'm low on ammo. I want my kill feed to be in the lower left. And I want to auto-mute all offensive Symmetra and Torbs, because their opinions are dead to me.
Planetside 2's UI option to put the health/shields around the crosshairs would be fantastic for some characters, especially Zarya. And I'm starting to hate the feedback on being shot, too. At least twice last night I was charging a DVA who was firing at me, so everything was lighting up with her scattershot effect telling me that I'm being shot. Meanwhile, there's a McCree I didn't see off to the side plugging me with headshots consistently and they didn't really register in the massive white noise produced by D.Va's guns because the differentiation between a big hit and a mass of smaller hits isn't much. And since the sound is weird based on distance to enemies and what the game thinks of as a threat, it's prioritizing this D.Va in front of me that I can eat for lunch instead of the McCree who wiped me. Some of the design works really well, don't get me wrong, but sometimes its frustrating too.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Jeff Kaplan posted:

Apologies for this bug. We've attempted to fix it numerous times and have had unrelated issues preventing the fix. We hope to have a fix this week.

In the meantime, we are in discussions with our Customer Support group to start taking action against those deliberately using the bug to play heroes other than Lucio.

Please do not exploit this bug. Fair warning.

About time. :colbert:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

so if I qualified at 46 I get the 45+ reward, right

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Efexeye posted:

so if I qualified at 46 I get the 45+ reward, right

yeah it's whatever the highest rank you attained during the season is

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Cowcaster posted:

i'm at rank 55 and i'm just hoping to hit 56 before next week for the extra chunk of planet lunch ploids

even if i do i'll still be about 170 ploids short of a golden gun. comp matches take too long

Same here. I've been steadily climbing and I'm up to 55, but I only have about 60 comp wins so there's no way I'm getting a gun at the end of this season.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

MacheteZombie posted:

My only issue with Dva is that usually it means Rein + Dva, and I'd rather have Rein + Roadhog because of the picks Roadhog can get with his hook. - applies more to Payload/CP than too koth.

The reason why i choose DVa is because Roadhog charges ult for the enemy too much. As Dva, i can keep up the Reinhardt shield up much longer. I actively block incoming damage to it. I also block a lot of firestrikes so the other Reinhardt won't get earthshatter as much. That plus i'm more mobile and can flank kill pretty decently.

Moonmoon stopped playing roadhog (even though he's amazing at him) and switched to Dva for this reason.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

It's less that defense matrix is amazing and more that Zenyatta being in every match means that Roadhog gets hosed into the dirt 90% of the time.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Bolow posted:

It's less that defense matrix is amazing and more that Zenyatta being in every match means that Roadhog gets hosed into the dirt 90% of the time.

That too. I keep up my defense matrix up a lot, so i'm not as impacted by discord orbs (even though those orbs go through my matrix).

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

A good Roadhog can be annoying to play against as D.Va because you're a huge target for his hooks, but OTOH a bad Roadhog feeds your ult meter every 30 seconds and it's awesome.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

MacheteZombie posted:

I've been stuck at 58/59 because of some poor team comps and it hurts so badly. I just want 60 dammit! (going to hit 60 then complain that I'm close to 65 but not there)

Getting over the 59 hump and breaking into 60 was super satisfying. I only stayed at 60 for 2 matches in the same session before I dropped back down to 59 though, but whatever, got my points!

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

The reason why i choose DVa is because Roadhog charges ult for the enemy too much. As Dva, i can keep up the Reinhardt shield up much longer. I actively block incoming damage to it. I also block a lot of firestrikes so the other Reinhardt won't get earthshatter as much. That plus i'm more mobile and can flank kill pretty decently.

Moonmoon stopped playing roadhog (even though he's amazing at him) and switched to Dva for this reason.

A Roadhog should be hiding behind Rein's shield though. On the initial choke to Hanamura a good Roadhog can make or break pushes. Just one good hook swings the whole fight in the hog's team's favor. I'm not saying a Hog > DVa at all times, but I do think he provides more bang for you buck on those initial CP/Payload pushes. Maybe less so on Payload (excluding the CP points of KR, Holly, or Numb).

Also, Moonmoon is using roadhog on the first point of Volskya defense as I type this. So if you want to use him as an example, he totally still sees the value in hog.

teagone posted:

Getting over the 59 hump and breaking into 60 was super satisfying. I only stayed at 60 for 2 matches in the same session before I dropped back down to 59 though, but whatever, got my points!

I was over halfway to 60 last night (like 59.7 ot 59.8) lost one match and went to 58.9 because the game thinks I should have carried my whole team or something. Oh well, I should be able to get there.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

exquisite tea posted:

A good Roadhog can be annoying to play against as D.Va because you're a huge target for his hooks, but OTOH a bad Roadhog feeds your ult meter every 30 seconds and it's awesome.

I find that even if Roadhog hooks me, i can escape pretty easily, he can't hook/shot/melee kill me at full health, and i can boost away, or defense matrix then boost away if my boost is on cool down. Also, i've been getting lots of kills on Roadhog because of DVa's superior mobility. If i can get the drop on him and he's isolated, even if he hooks me, i'll usually win the battle. Usually, i'm so close to him in a battle, even his self heal is useless because i'm getting a poo poo ton of close range critical shots on him and i can outdamage him.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

MacheteZombie posted:

A Roadhog should be hiding behind Rein's shield though. On the initial choke to Hanamura a good Roadhog can make or break pushes. Just one good hook swings the whole fight in the hog's team's favor. I'm not saying a Hog > DVa at all times, but I do think he provides more bang for you buck on those initial CP/Payload pushes. Maybe less so on Payload (excluding the CP points of KR, Holly, or Numb).

Also, Moonmoon is using roadhog on the first point of Volskya defense as I type this. So if you want to use him as an example, he totally still sees the value in hog.

Well, i've been watching him a lot and he mostly plays DVa.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

I find that even if Roadhog hooks me, i can escape pretty easily, he can't hook/shot/melee kill me at full health, and i can boost away, or defense matrix then boost away if my boost is on cool down. Also, i've been getting lots of kills on Roadhog because of DVa's superior mobility. If i can get the drop on him and he's isolated, even if he hooks me, i'll usually win the battle. Usually, i'm so close to him in a battle, even his self heal is useless because i'm getting a poo poo ton of close range critical shots on him and i can outdamage him.

A good Roadhog should only be hooking a DVa when his team is there to help melt her down immediately. Otherwise it's a wasted hook imo. Obviously my points are applying to comp and not qp, where anything is possible haha.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005
I had a Roadhog hook me 3 times during sudden death defense of Hollywood, playing as Zen. Twice i got stuck on geometry and the third time Zarya saved me, it was awesome and we won.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

MacheteZombie posted:

A good Roadhog should only be hooking a DVa when his team is there to help melt her down immediately. Otherwise it's a wasted hook imo. Obviously my points are applying to comp and not qp, where anything is possible haha.

Eh, defense matrix absorbs an infinite amount of damage (with the exception of Zarya, Symmetra, Winston, and i guess Melee attacks) in 4 seconds, even if i do get pulled into a group, i have a pretty good chance of getting away.

I dunno, i think i'm pretty drat productive in comp as Dva and even beat Moonmoon in a lot of categories and he's ranked as the #2 Dva on overbuff*

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/MOONMOON/heroes/dva?mode=competitive

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/MFister-1576/heroes/dva?mode=competitive

*if you ignore the sample size and the fact that he plays against better competition :v:

I don't think i'd be nearly as productive on roadhog.

Edit: I also play DVa better in comp than quickplay for some reason.

Mister Fister fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 8, 2016

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hot Take: D. Va is OP.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jastiger posted:

maybe. the only tweak i'd like is making her grid burn down faster based on how many/magnitude of the projectiles it eats. aside from her pacmanning everything in sight though she A) still has a giant faceplate made of sugar glass and 2) shotguns that do the closest thing to zero damage beyond spitting distance. i feel more threatened by any other tank than her (except for maybe winston if i'm not playing a fragile hero)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"Nerf this :smug:", Dva says, unaware that she is not being as sarcastic as she thinks she is

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.
One of my most successful Volskaya defensive holds we had Reaper/McCree/Zenyatta/Lucio/Roadhog/Winston. I would just bubble down and hog would fish from the bubble at the chokepoint, and when my bubble went down we would just hide behind the truck. We just never peeked, and when the enemy would roll in under a lucio speed boost we would immediately counterboost, I would jump into the middle of their team at the choke to body block their supports/DPS in the rear, and everyone else would collapse on them to pick off whoever slipped the choke point.

It was a full 7 minute hold on the first point because we just didn't engage in skirmishing besides fishing for an easy pick with hog hooks until they committed to the knife fight that we were at a huge advantage in. Hog is really, really good but you can't afford to do flanking hog anymore, you have to pocket with the team and only engage when they engage.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Cowcaster posted:

maybe. the only tweak i'd like is making her grid burn down faster based on how many/magnitude of the projectiles it eats. aside from her pacmanning everything in sight though she A) still has a giant faceplate made of sugar glass and 2) shotguns that do the closest thing to zero damage beyond spitting distance. i feel more threatened by any other tank than her (except for maybe winston if i'm not playing a fragile hero)

What class do you mostly play? Dva is quite an offensive threat, i just think most people don't play her correctly. Her range is about 15 meters in terms of good damage being dealt, and her boosters make her a big threat as she can close the gap raelly quickly.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Jastiger posted:

I mean not really

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Mister Fister posted:

What class do you mostly play? Dva is quite an offensive threat, i just think most people don't play her correctly. Her range is about 15 meters in terms of good damage being dealt, and her boosters make her a big threat as she can close the gap raelly quickly.

tracer, soldier, zenyatta, zarya. mccree more often than soldier now actually since he got that range boost. every once in a while reaper or genji if i'm being a sassy boy. symmetra on the couple of maps that warrant it.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Mister Fister posted:

Eh, defense matrix absorbs an infinite amount of damage (with the exception of Zarya, Symmetra, Winston, and i guess Melee attacks) in 4 seconds, even if i do get pulled into a group, i have a pretty good chance of getting away.

Not if I'm shooting your backside. If a Hog hooks you into his party, they're hopefully surrounding you a bit. Discord, melt, repeat on baby DVa. This is veering away from my initial point. Roadhog can create picks with his hook that a lot of other classes can't do as easily. They hook any class that peaks just long enough and being down one warm body in a team fight usually means you lose the team fight. Which is vital to pushing through those initial chokes on control points.

Commoners posted:

It was a full 7 minute hold on the first point because we just didn't engage in skirmishing besides fishing for an easy pick with hog hooks until they committed to the knife fight that we were at a huge advantage in. Hog is really, really good but you can't afford to do flanking hog anymore, you have to pocket with the team and only engage when they engage.

This

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

KILL-GORE

(and counting!)

Cowcaster posted:

tracer, soldier, zenyatta, zarya. every once in a while reaper or genji if i'm being a sassy boy. symmetra on the couple of maps that warrant it.

As Dva, all but Zarya are easy kills for me, or at best neutral, since tracer can blink away quickly. Tracer battles are pretty funny because her pistols do almost nothing to me since my health is mostly armor and i can time my defense matrix toggles to absorb almost all her shots.

Dva is a very unpopular pick and many people who play her don't do so correctly. Watch Moonmoon's stream and you can see that she is great at killing a lot of heros.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

roadhog is the worst tank right now. he's not bad tho

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Cowcaster posted:

Dude this is literally waht I posted a few weeks ago and everyone called me a moron, you are reported, CowCaster

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Jastiger posted:

Dude this is literally waht I posted a few weeks ago and everyone called me a moron, you are reported, CowCaster

Oh yeah well you are reported!!!! To the obituaries!!! Because you're dead!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Mister Fister posted:

As Dva, all but Zarya are easy kills for me, or at best neutral, since tracer can blink away quickly. Tracer battles are pretty funny because her pistols do almost nothing to me since my health is mostly armor and i can time my defense matrix toggles to absorb almost all her shots.

Dva is a very unpopular pick and many people who play her don't do so correctly. Watch Moonmoon's stream and you can see that she is great at killing a lot of heros.

If Zen is an easy kill for you as Dva then I feel like you're playing bad Zens. Or I'm playing bad Dvas.