Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
Dad is always right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArchangeI
Jul 15, 2010
Just an awful, awful, awful draft by MVP. What were they thinking?

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

Radical posted:

as much as people like to talk about miracle MMR pretty much everyone on MVP is stupidly highly rated even though they have to play on the chinese servers at like 3 am so they don't lag into oblivion, im sure if they moved their entire team closer to the server they'd all get 10k mmr or whatever

Yeah, several MVP players are really high on the chinese MMR tables. Think one of them was nr.1 for a while.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

:drat: mvp

just do not give a gently caress

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Most
Valuable
Players

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Arkane posted:

Pretty incredible first game

Both teams own

more like dICK
Feb 15, 2010

This is inevitable.
Reporting live from the arena to confirm that dota is good y'all.

Knowlue
Nov 11, 2012

I could eat a sea cucumber

Ramagamma posted:

Is mvp in with a good shout, I don't know any of their players but they look like they have that typical eastern clinical approach

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Goetta posted:

He can just pop lotus with SB charge it is such a dumb pickup

It's not a Linken's, it doesn't "pop" like that. (I think.)

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

secret fans with sunsfan memes are deeply amusing to me given all the reshuffle drama

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

emdash posted:

70 kills in 39 mins, did not think that would happen

71 technically, they got a kill in the fountain before the fountain boomed.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

ArchangeI posted:

Just an awful, awful, awful draft by MVP. What were they thinking?

It wasn't a good draft. They would of lost if Miracle didn't throw super hard by letting himself get picked off multiple times so they lost all momentum.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

mikeraskol posted:

Even if it did, he didn't buy it to reflect spells

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Red Red Blue posted:

Even if it did, he didn't buy it to reflect spells

Well that too. I just wanted to point out that it reflects more than one spell.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

emdash posted:

think it was ramagamma

typical

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
OG's draft was fine. Jugg was disappointing, but Timbersaw against 5 melee with not that much lockdown was a good choice.

cerious
Aug 18, 2010

:dukedog:
Holy poo poo hologram spotted on the desk

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Jugg BF also isn't the greatest constant fighting item, a faster diffu or a skadi would have been better for the type of game, but it's hard to make that call on the fly (no pun intended)

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Production values

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
One of these teams has to go home after this series, right? :(

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
I fully expect Tobi to jump the Windranger hologram

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
This holo is cool

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

mikeraskol posted:

I think he said that because it will make Timber charge the SB, but not sure if that works anymore

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010

Kibner posted:

No

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

Kibner posted:

double elim.

they drop to the lower bracket

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
I have notail in my fantasy picks today (because I have no cores for MVP or DC).

We loving lost.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

specifically i think miracle standing in their jungle at the rosh pit lost the game. i wasn't paying too much attention but i think they expected mvp to smoke and rush the rosh and he was going to flank them and they had cleared the wards so he assumed it was safe. im not sure if they saw timber go up there or MVP just randomly guessed (game sense? i dunno i dont think most people would check there without knowing) but that and OG stacking in the pit and everyone getting sucked onto the cliff were both back breaking disasters.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Kibner posted:

Nope, loser goes to lower bracket but still lives

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
og mvp grand finals let's goooooo

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Internet Kraken posted:

It wasn't a good draft. They would of lost if Miracle didn't throw super hard by letting himself get picked off multiple times so they lost all momentum.

lmao keep loving that chicken

Canopus250
Feb 18, 2005

You guys are taking me along this time? Right? Wait Shaundi is going? This is bullshit man!

Is this loving hologram the big thing or do we not know yet what the new big thing is

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Schnorkles posted:

double elim.

they drop to the lower bracket

Oh, thank goodness! I can root with no tears for the loser! :D

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Internet Kraken posted:

miracle kept them in it along with ES until it was too much for even he to handle. Jugg fell off super quickly

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Canopus250 posted:

Is this loving hologram the big thing or do we not know yet what the new big thing is

pig lord

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Lol Pyrion

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

botany posted:

lmao keep loving that chicken

So you're just gonna ignore that OG won almost every single fight up until Miracle decided to get himself killed solo and hand them Rosh?

5 melee versus Timber is bad.

Xtanstic posted:

miracle kept them in it along with ES until it was too much for even he to handle. Jugg fell off super quickly

Miracle dying is what let them back in because he forked over a mountain of gold along with Rosh.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

yeah theres gonna be a gigantic pitlord hologram during the kaci slacks allstar match and slacks is gonna get thrown into the pit to hell

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Canopus250 posted:

it's a pretty awesome big thing if it's the big thing

if it's not then the big thing must be huge

schmitty9800
Feb 10, 2003

Radical posted:

specifically i think miracle standing in their jungle at the rosh pit lost the game. i wasn't paying too much attention but i think they expected mvp to smoke and rush the rosh and he was going to flank them and they had cleared the wards so he assumed it was safe. im not sure if they saw timber go up there or MVP just randomly guessed (game sense? i dunno i dont think most people would check there without knowing) but that and OG stacking in the pit and everyone getting sucked onto the cliff were both back breaking disasters.

Well the team stayed in the pit, because they just didn't fathom that Dubu was going to do a ham charge and then Forev was going to go in and hit the vac-wall of his life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
loving Winter thought the MVP draft was good but hey keep going on about how bad it was

• Locked thread