Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Only one way to find out!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

kefkafloyd posted:

I'm kinda annoyed that I got an email just now that today and this weekend (Aug 5-7) is double VIP points when I literally bought Big Ben yesterday.

Has anyone had this happen to them? If I call Lego and complain, would they credit me the double points?

Could always just return it and rebuy it?

edit: unless you already built it

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Aug 5, 2016

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Maybe you could re-buy it and return the un-opened one with the receipt from yesterday.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

When I returned something to the Lego Store, they let me keep the points.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I spent half an hour going through 2 boxes of Disney minifigs today looking for Peter, Stitch and Alice. I got Peter and Stitch, which means only Alice is missing now, but why is there no Alice anywhere? Is she incredibly rare?

Edit: Btw I know at least 4 shops where I can still get Disney figs here in Germany. If any of you are still missing one or two from the series, I may be able to get you that elusive one you need next week. Unless it is Alice. Then I obviously can't...

I already shipped a whole team of German footballers to the states, so sending some figs is not a big deal, just don't ask for a full set. Retail price is 2.99 €, no idea about shipping, probably like 6€ to the US, shipping all the footballers was 12€ or so IIRC.

Hopper fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 5, 2016

pzy
Feb 20, 2004

Da Boom!
I bought the Bucket Wheel Excavator today. Holy poo poo this box is huge. Also with double points weekend, $30 just for buying it! Plus the free London Bus. Hot weekend to spend more to save more at the Lego store!

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).

Hopper posted:

I spent half an hour going through 2 boxes of Disney minifigs today looking for Peter, Stitch and Alice. I got Peter and Stitch, which means only Alice is missing now, but why is there no Alice anywhere? Is she incredibly rare?

The Disney Minifig boxes are well balanced, with 3 of every minifig and 6 there are 4 of. Buying a full box guarantees 3 full sets of minifigs.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

Minneapolis area goons, there's a Max It Pawn on Lyndale that has series 15 Minifigs and like... 3 Disney ones for 2 bucks apiece.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease
Walmart :canada: has the Mini Cooper for $95. $25 off regular price

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-creator-expert-mini-cooper-10242/6000190449060

VW bus is $100 as well, $30 off regular price

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/lego-creator-expert-volkswagen-t1-camper-van-10220/6000194402792?rrid=richrelevance

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Ineptitude posted:

The Disney Minifig boxes are well balanced, with 3 of every minifig and 6 there are 4 of. Buying a full box guarantees 3 full sets of minifigs.

I was sifting through them at a store, apparently they refilled the boxes...

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

My TRU only got a handful of Disney minifigs after the initial release (where they were all snatched up immediately) and I got dupes of Genie, Aladdin and Mickey :smith: Some shithead picked out all the Buzz and Ursula of course. Now they've moved onto the next series so :shrug: I guess.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
They're going to put them out again when the Cinderella castle comes out supposedly

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!
Today I finally got around to opening a First Order Transporter I bought during the holidays. Some dickwad not only opened the set and then resealed it, but proceeded to slice open each bag, remove ALL mini figures, then replace them.

I'm just glad I got this lemon instead of some kid wanting a bricked Phasma on Christmas.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

bloodysabbath posted:

Today I finally got around to opening a First Order Transporter I bought during the holidays. Some dickwad not only opened the set and then resealed it, but proceeded to slice open each bag, remove ALL mini figures, then replace them.

I'm just glad I got this lemon instead of some kid wanting a bricked Phasma on Christmas.

I'm guessing it was bought at TRU?

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence

Nostolgia city. This was one of my favorite sets as a kid. And this one:

Electromax
May 6, 2007
I foolishly ordered the new GB car with a bunch of books on Amazon and the box arrived hilariously pancaked. Every bag was like optimally flattened out in there.

Anyone got any good links to 'how its made' re: Lego packaging? I wanna know how hard they work the 'optimizing bags and conveyor packing systems' and 'how small of a box can we get these pieces into' problems. It would be a fun problem to see how small of a space you could fit an "unbuilt" lego model if you were allowed to stick pieces together in the box.

e: I guess people occasionally skirt that line in "pick a brick" strategizing discussions.

e2: I found this interesting (recovery from 1998-2004 dip):
http://www.scdigest.com/assets/on_target/07-09-25-7.php?cid=

quote:

The key changes to the supply chain naturally follow the issues identified above:

Simplification: Lego reduced the number existing color options in half, for example, and developed a cost matrix that calculated for designers the high cost impact on the supply chain of changing product colors and shapes.

Sourcing: Lego reduced significantly its number of plastic resin suppliers, and signed longer term contracts which reduced and stabilized pricing, lowering costs and enabling better planning.

Rethinking Quality: There was an incredibly strong quality mentality in the company, so much so that cost reducing ideas were regularly scrapped as potentially reducing quality. It also fostered innovation that lost money in the name of being the best. Lego rebalanced that thinking.

Manufacturing: Lego rationalized production lines, reducing the number of products that could be made on each machine, adding simplicity and reducing changeover costs. It established more fixed production cycles, and better tied manufacturing to the rest of the supply chain. For example, it was no longer acceptable to make manual changes in a molding machine without informing the finished-goods packing team, an important consideration since different kits are packaged in different boxes. While it had some manufacturing in Asia, new facilities were built in Eastern Europe to better service the European market.

Logistics: The number of logistics service providers was cut from 26 to 4. It also put a distribution center in Eastern Europe to take advantage of lower costs there than in Germany and other major markets – a step few at the time had taken. It also began working much more closely with retailers on joint forecasting and logistics planning.

This is from 2007. Imagine if they had a crystal ball to today.

Electromax fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Aug 8, 2016

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Official shots from the Rogue One sets out. Still pretty excited about that AT-ST since I don't have one.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
I'm excited for the minifigs. They all look like solid sets but I doubt I'll invest in any of them. Maybe the AT-ST because it's rad as hell.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That shuttle looks drat good, a lot better than the force awakens one.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All I can ever see in the new Star Wars stuff is crappier looking versions of ships from the old trilogy.

At-St set is cool though.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

NESguerilla posted:

All I can ever see in the new Star Wars stuff is crappier looking versions of ships from the old trilogy.

Seriously, :wtf: is a u-wing

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm torn between the U-Wing for Jyn and that shuttle for some Death Troopers.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Shuttle and the TIE Striker are definite buys.

TARDISman
Oct 28, 2011

I'm definitely grabbing the AT-ST, Hovertank, the Shuttle and maybe the U-Wing. I'm probably passing on the TIE Striker, I like it, but I'm looking more for making a ground based thing.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

TARDISman posted:

I'm definitely grabbing the AT-ST, Hovertank, the Shuttle and maybe the U-Wing. I'm probably passing on the TIE Striker, I like it, but I'm looking more for making a ground based thing.

That black droid big figure is the first one of those in that line that is consider. It's so basic and "Iron Giant"-ish....

But I wonder. Could you build out onto it?? Like make it a base for more Lego Mecha expanding?

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2016/08/08/first-look-at-lego-star-wars-rogue-one-sets-news/

Here they are btw.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

This I like

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
Yeah I've had no interest in the buildable figures before but that thing is cool.

Robot Danger
Mar 18, 2012
I just ordered the Kwik-E Mart set on a whim today, and I have the feeling this is going to be a wonderfully expensive addiction I'm heading towards.

Tell me I'm good. Tell me I made a good decision.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It's probably my favorite set I own.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Maybe I'm spoiled by good BL sellers but I ordered a Lord Business on July31, paypal'd on Aug1, and here we are 9 days later. No item, no ship confirmation, no answer of my message sent half a week ago.

A little annoyed.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Feenix posted:

Maybe I'm spoiled by good BL sellers but I ordered a Lord Business on July31, paypal'd on Aug1, and here we are 9 days later. No item, no ship confirmation, no answer of my message sent half a week ago.

A little annoyed.

Submit a Non-Responding Seller Alert.

Meanwhile, I placed an order from an Austrian store on the 30th, paid on the 31st, and got the padded envelope today.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Pyroclastic posted:

Submit a Non-Responding Seller Alert.

Meanwhile, I placed an order from an Austrian store on the 30th, paid on the 31st, and got the padded envelope today.

I might do so... But I'll give him a little more time....

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

That Ghost Rider set is pretty top notch. Great figures and a really fun and varied build with a lot of good parts. I'm not sure why they even bothered with the street corner but even that is pretty well done.

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

They got removed, I got this from /lego http://imgur.com/a/XsOlp

I want that TIE Striker but not at $70

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That hovertank looks like rear end though

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
So apart from also looking like rear end, the U-Wing is not actually a fighter, but a gunship or even a transport? They should really start giving the Lego dudes more info on upcoming poo poo.

Wax Dynasty
Jan 1, 2013

This postseason, I've really enjoyed bringing back the three-inning save.

Hell Gem
^^Supposedly a gunship/transport.

The wings on the U-Wing are movable, and I'm surprised they weren't swept backwards on the box:

It looks cooler, but vaguely Battlestar Galactica-ish.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Nope, still terrible.

Do the wings on the lego version move as well?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aaronicon
Oct 2, 2010

A BLOO BLOO ANYONE I DISAGREE WITH IS A "BAD PERSON" WHO DESERVES TO DIE PLEEEASE DONT FALL ALL OVER YOURSELF WHITEWASHING THEM A BLOO BLOO

uXs posted:

Nope, still terrible.

Do the wings on the lego version move as well?

Presumably; if you look at where the wings just out from, just in front of the engines, there's a couple of hinges in there. On the engines there's a socket where a ball-joint at the back of wings would click in to, to make it lock more securely. I'd really like to see what it looks like swooped.