Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Dunban posted:

That supposed leak from a couple of days ago got me thinking..what would theoretically be the best type combination in terms of most resistances & immunities and fewest weaknesses? Off the top of my head I'd say Dragon / Steel seems pretty good.

Steel/Ghost: 3 Immunities (Fighting, Normal, Poison), 2 normal (Water and Electric), 4 Super Effective (Dark, Fire, Ghost, Ground). The rest are ineffective, and Bug is doubly ineffective.
Arguably, the weakness to Ground and Dark isn't great, since those are fairly common attacking types in competitive. Steel/Flying is almost as good -- 2 immunities and more regularly effective types, but only 2 weaknesses (fire and electric).

You can play around with the Type Table to see more combos.

Edit: Trick-or-treat would be an interesting Doubles tactic, I guess. Steel/Flying/Ghost Skarmory...

Solumin fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Aug 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Dunban posted:

That supposed leak from a couple of days ago got me thinking..what would theoretically be the best type combination in terms of most resistances & immunities and fewest weaknesses? Off the top of my head I'd say Dragon / Steel seems pretty good.

It'd have to include Steel just because.

Fairy/Steel is very solid though because of the multiple immunities, including one it would be weak to otherwise (Poison).

Poison/Steel with Levitate is also strong, due to having three 4x resistances (Grass, Bug, Fairy) and cancelling out its 4x ground weakness. You do have six neutral types though.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Aug 8, 2016

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
So basically, a Fairy-type Alolan Bronzong would be the theoretical hardest nut to crack, having one weakness and one immunity that constantly trade places.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Gen IV remakes will have regional variants in the Battle Zone, as it is a different climate from mainland Sinnoh

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
So when they do the gen IV remake, does that mean Primal Dialga is finally canon?

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Dunban posted:

Pure electric with levitate has no weaknesses, and is the only thing that does.

Normal/Ghost with Levitate, Water Absorb, Volt Absorb, Sap Sipper, or Flash Fire would have four immunities, two resistances, and only a single weakness.

Steel/Ghost with Flash Fire or Levitate has four immunities, nine resistances, but three weaknesses.

Steel/Fairy with Flash Fire or Levitate has three immunities, nine resistances, and only one weakness.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through

BillmasterCozb posted:

So when they do the gen IV remake, does that mean Primal Dialga is finally canon?

It'll be Mega Primal Dialga versus Primal Mega Palkia.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

Iron Crowned posted:

Who is number 1?

Mew, Rhydon, Bulbasaur, and Arceus.

Spintzel
Dec 31, 2007

Distractions makes it better when ya take up the ENTIRE ROAD

The White Dragon posted:

ditto is sexless and can breed with anything. it's a...

... genderblob

Ditto can breed with all gender less Pokemon that have a breedable egg group.... Except another ditto

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Diglett learns Aerial Ace. I want to see how.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

No weakness used to be Spiritombs thing too, it's what folks hacked wonder guard onto way back. Ghost/dark is weak to fairy now but still has tree immunizes and one resistance.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
Finally got around to beating Y. After three or four restarts, it felt really good to take out that goddamn Gardevoir with a single Blaze Kick.

Is there any way to get a Porygon in XY/ORAS without transferring from an older game? I don't have Black or White, and I don't know if I have it in me to play through HeartGold all the way to the second game corner anyway.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Yeah you can catch wild Porygon in ORAS at two Mirage spots.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Aug 8, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
friendly reminder that resistances are generally more important than weaknesses - heatran has been a monster of OU for a while now with a 4x ground weakness, and 2x weaknesses to water and steel (both very common types). but it has resistances and immunities out the wazoo so it's still bulky as gently caress

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mighty Dicktron posted:

That's not true, Poison/Dark (like Skuntank and Drapion) with Levitate is exactly the same as Electric with Levitate in that regard.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Mighty Dicktron posted:

i was looking at the list of pokemon by weight (tynamo 9th lightest) and apparently Mudsdale weighs over 2000 loving pounds somehow. 4th heaviest pokemon. twice as heavy as snorlax. only meta metagross, groudon and primal groudon weigh more than a horse. :psyduck:

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Kerrrrrrr posted:

i was looking at the list of pokemon by weight (tynamo 9th lightest) and apparently Mudsdale weighs over 2000 loving pounds somehow. 4th heaviest pokemon. twice as heavy as snorlax. only meta metagross, groudon and primal groudon weigh more than a horse. :psyduck:

It is approximately the size of an actual clydesdale.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Kerrrrrrr posted:

[i was looking at the list of pokemon by weight (tynamo 9th lightest) and apparently Mudsdale weighs over 2000 loving pounds somehow. 4th heaviest pokemon. twice as heavy as snorlax. only meta metagross, groudon and primal groudon weigh more than a horse. :psyduck:

Alolan Exeggutor is the second longest Pokemon (35 feet 9 inches, or 10.9 meters), beaten only by Wailord.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

Bongo Bill posted:

It is approximately the size of an actual clydesdale.

It's more the weight of most pokemon seem really low. There's no way Registeel shouldn't weigh at least a ton, but he's 450 lbs.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Germstore posted:

It's more the weight of most pokemon seem really low. There's no way Registeel shouldn't weigh at least a ton, but he's 450 lbs.

Registeel is hollow, just read its Pokédex entries.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

less laughter posted:

Registeel is hollow, just read its Pokédex entries.

I assumed he wasn't metal all the way through or he'd be like 10 tons.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Zoran posted:

Ghost/Steel with Levitate/Flash Fire has four immunities, nine resistances, and three weaknesses.
Electric/Steel with Levitate/Flash Fire gets two immunities, eleven resistances, and just two weaknesses.
Fairy/Steel with Levitate/Flash Fire comes with three immunities, nine resistances, and only one weakness.
Dragon/Steel with Levitate gets two immunities, nine resistances, and only one weakness.

loving Magnet Rise Klefki :argh:

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Magnet Rise Klefki is my friend and ally, and you will not disrespect them.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's too many disgusting flavored shinies or those that just look a slightly different shade than what they were. I hope Nintendo goes through and sweeps those up and removes all the gross-looking green or purple alternate colors that don't look that great and make almost every Shiny actually worth looking for.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
the ugly ones are my favourite??

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

a lot of the gen 1/2 shines didn't have a lot of color to work with. they should at least change those i think

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I'm not gonna just sit here and listen to you people poo poo talk Green Machamp.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I'd take a million piss Groudons over one Shiny Non-Mega Garchomp.
Gible was my first non-Red Gyarados shiny way back in Pearl.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

shiny breloom. shiny aegislash. shiny primal groudon.... these are just a few of the insanely sick shinies out there

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
Make all shinies black, red, and gold

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

RealFoxy posted:

There's too many disgusting flavored shinies or those that just look a slightly different shade than what they were. I hope Nintendo goes through and sweeps those up and removes all the gross-looking green or purple alternate colors that don't look that great and make almost every Shiny actually worth looking for.

Apparently when it was sprites, it was just shifting the pallet down a spot.

Some, like Charizard, got lucky.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
Shiny electrode owns. Caught one in emerald and it made me really appreciate how fast the fuckers are.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's not that lime green is a bad color, just that too many of them are lime green. It's not special, and it feels like no care went into them.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I really like Pinkish-Purple and Green Blastoise. If anyone has a shiny Squirtle, I have a Shiny Charmander I got from some random dude on the internet (so probably hacked) way back in gen 4 for it.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Well what's the absolute worst type pairing with the most weaknesses and least resistances?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Spitballing but fire/ice sounds awful

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

The Exeggcute line has seven weaknesses with one of them being a 4x.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

But thinking about it I think it would have to be ice/rock. ice is so bad.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Germstore posted:

Ditto for Snover/Abomasnow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Germstore posted:

Well I can't loving kill any in Pokemon Go.

• Locked thread