Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Any suggestions for my Scoundrel squad?

So far I have Boba Fett (7 Star), Lando (4 Star), IG-88 (3 Star), Dengar (4 Star) and STHAN (4 Star). Obviously a bunch of those characters need work but I'm curios if I should be swapping any of these guys out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Popete posted:

Any suggestions for my Scoundrel squad?

So far I have Boba Fett (7 Star), Lando (4 Star), IG-88 (3 Star), Dengar (4 Star) and STHAN (4 Star). Obviously a bunch of those characters need work but I'm curios if I should be swapping any of these guys out.

STHan is probably the best taunting tank in the game, and I hear that Lando is a real monster fully leveled and geared. I'd focus on those two.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Gonna echo Davethulu. You need to beef up Lando & STHAN because that is a multipurpose upgrade. In any dumb game like this where it takes a long time to gear and level your guys you want to try to be efficient. Lando is a fun character, he is also a rebel with a very useful AOE ability. Building him up gives you easy way to win scoundrel & rebel focused events. STHAN is a rebel, a scoundrel, and a viable to broken arena tank. He is also almost required to do the Empire event where you use a rebel squad to face waves of guys. IG-88 & Dengar are just fine to level after that. Dengar is supposedly pretty good, and IG-88 is another one of those dual purpose heroes since they made him a scoundrel. Will help you out in droid or scoundrel events.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
I almost have han solo so he will round out my scoundrels and rebels teams.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
So the armor change was in fact intended:

quote:

Corrected an issue with how Armor gained through the Strength statistic was being severely compressed. All Characters will see an increase in their Armor with the largest increase seen through Characters that are naturally high in Strength.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
So who are the characters that have high strength?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
We have problems in IGD raids with too much damage. Slow down. Guildmates aren't getting loot because you are doing too much damage. We no longer need people putting out 1mil plus in P1. So, from now on, P1 through P4, you get one attack. DO NOT solo P1 anymore. In P1-P3, do at most 20% damage. Other people can and will step in to finish it. 20% damage is about 380-400k (I think?). So, when you see yourself hit about 15%, start escaping people. If you blow past 20%, retreat. Start again, and replace someone good with someone bad. Once we hit P4, slow the gently caress down until we hit about 12 hours.

We're stuck in a loop where people want to make top 5, so they blow through in damage, but this isn't working for us as a guild anymore. Realistically, we're looking at like 2 more weeks of Rancor, maybe 3, before we get this new droid raid. When that happens, everything is going to change, and this might not be a problem anymore. However, until then, we want 40-45 people participating in raids, and if we shut the raid down before they get a chance, we're screwing them out of good gear. If you log in and see that we're in P4, don't drop 200k+ damage. Be polite, get a little damage in, and then, if we have 40+ people in the raid, and it's been 12 hours, yeah, you can go to town.

Additionally, we will now be rotating the time we start the raid. I haven't figured this out exactly, but I want to find a time that works for people that are having a hard time right now.

If this doesn't work, I'm stepping down as guild leader and someone else can figure this poo poo out.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Raid stuff

Another (not perfect route) would simply be that the high DPS people rotate. One raid they do token damage and sit out, only jumping in after 12 hours if we need them to push the Rancor to death.

The raid is just badly designed for total raid engagement. poo poo should've been "Kill Boss, grace timer starts that is X hours long, where everybody can go ham until timer is over"

MonikaTSarn
May 23, 2005

I'm not in the goon guild, playing in a German guild ( It's a trap) because the time zone fits me better.
We have several people soloing phase 1, and we're doing far to much damage overall - but we manage to get everybody rewards anyway. Here's our rules:
- The raid opens in the morning, but no damage is done until 21:00. If you want to make sure to get some rewards but can't play at the right time, you can let one toon suicide on the guards for 0 damage. If you do damage before 21:00, you get kicked out of the guild temporarily.
- At 21:00, everybody can do damage. After that, everybody is allowed one team per phase, unlimited on phase 4.
- This way, you still can compete for the top spot, but everybody gets rewards.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
That sounds like too much bother. Honestly Mal, all you need to do is start (or have someone else start) the raid at different times of day, so not everyone can unload within an hour. I donīt mind limiting it to one squad or 400k damage either but that kinda requires everyone to comply.

Edit: I still believe people who can solo P1 should do so (thereīs only like 3 or 4 of you anyway, just rotate) because gently caress doing that with anything but the one specific setup.

Mr. Neutron fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Aug 9, 2016

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Do the people missing out at all care? I haven't heard anything from them in-game or here.

I say just start the raid at night at like 12am for token hits by lowbies and people in weird time zones and then the normal p1 soloers start at 12pm as usual with an otherwise FFA thereafter.

Aadoniel
May 7, 2009
I miss the raids due to work as most raids start an hour after I can join them. I get my dmg in if I wake up mid raid and slap 150k on the rancor then back to sleep.

In the end raids are important but it's just a phone game. I don't dwell.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
Having everyone send one random dude at the raid for the first 12 hours seems like a good solution to me, since folks can't seem to hold themselves to just one attempt.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

MonikaTSarn posted:

I'm not in the goon guild, playing in a German guild ( It's a trap) because the time zone fits me better.
We have several people soloing phase 1, and we're doing far to much damage overall - but we manage to get everybody rewards anyway. Here's our rules:
- The raid opens in the morning, but no damage is done until 21:00. If you want to make sure to get some rewards but can't play at the right time, you can let one toon suicide on the guards for 0 damage. If you do damage before 21:00, you get kicked out of the guild temporarily.
- At 21:00, everybody can do damage. After that, everybody is allowed one team per phase, unlimited on phase 4.
- This way, you still can compete for the top spot, but everybody gets rewards.

I actually really like this. 12 hours of don't actually hurt the Rancor. Maybe I start it at 9PM Pacific and we go that way until 9AM? Also, with everyone doing 0 damage, this means that if you don't get back in, you'll probably still tie for like 30th? How does this game resolve ties in loot rewards?

Again, everyone has to agree to not break this -- I can't really kick people out who are active because we are already short on active members....but if anyone is being a shitlord about it I guess that could happen.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

I actually really like this. 12 hours of don't actually hurt the Rancor. Maybe I start it at 9PM Pacific and we go that way until 9AM? Also, with everyone doing 0 damage, this means that if you don't get back in, you'll probably still tie for like 30th? How does this game resolve ties in loot rewards?

Again, everyone has to agree to not break this -- I can't really kick people out who are active because we are already short on active members....but if anyone is being a shitlord about it I guess that could happen.

I would be up for trying this, although I'd need to work out the GMT. Either way, I think it's a good solution.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

iGestalt posted:

I would be up for trying this, although I'd need to work out the GMT. Either way, I think it's a good solution.

worldtimebuddy.com. Also, technically we're in PDT, which is why I always say Pacific time.

GMT is +8 right now (there's like 2 weeks or something on each end where it's 7 or 9, don't remember), so 5AM is raid start but don't do damage, and 5PM is go ham.

That said, I'm actually thinking that go ham should still mean one attack only.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
That would be a very good solution. I have mentioned missing raids before but it does not hugely bother me since I am kind of half assing the game while support continues to play three stooges with tabs account. I would probably be more engaged if GW wasn't a huge chore. I do generate my coins though so I can at least contribute that way and I am all over people gear requests lol.

Edit also don't get cad bane he is really bad like serious bad. You would even be better off with mob enforcer than that waste of a slot. But Lando is and will be your challenge God, his aoe is bonkers and even more so with either Boba or 88 omega leads. His lead is also good.

xyigx fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Aug 9, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

Edit also don't get cad bane he is really bad like serious bad. You would even be better off with mob enforcer than that waste of a slot. But Lando is and will be your challenge God, his aoe is bonkers and even more so with either Boba or 88 omega leads. His lead is also good.

Yeah, I made the mistake of spending like 4 million on Cad. I very much regret this decision.

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

Malgrin posted:

worldtimebuddy.com. Also, technically we're in PDT, which is why I always say Pacific time.

GMT is +8 right now (there's like 2 weeks or something on each end where it's 7 or 9, don't remember), so 5AM is raid start but don't do damage, and 5PM is go ham.

That said, I'm actually thinking that go ham should still mean one attack only.

Ah, thank you!

I agree, go ham should mean one attack only unless we end up needing more (and I'd say we cross that bridge when we come to it)

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003

Malgrin posted:

For a tie, it adds up all the rewards and redistributes them. I have no idea how this would work with boxes, but for credits and guild coins it would be easy.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Fenris13 posted:

For a tie, it adds up all the rewards and redistributes them. I have no idea how this would work with boxes, but for credits and guild coins it would be easy.

Having tied before(probably a super rarity) I can say you get the box for whatever placement the tie was in. The other rewards seemed fairly normal as well or at least it did not make enough of a difference that it mattered.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
What should I get ASAP?

Cantina:
Luke, lando, NS acolyte, jawa, ig100, finn, plo koon, mace, chirpa, aayla, JK Anakin, Ima GunDi, snowtrooper

Cantina shipments:
Poe, FO Officer, jawa scavenger, JKG, HR scout, mob enforcer, stormtrooper

GW shipments:
Magmatrooper

Arena Shipments:
Nute, CUP, HK47, Tarkin, Ugnaught, Greedo, Nebit

I have like 28 7* (catte butte roster link in spreadsheet) so which would be most useful for completion of other stuff? I'm working on jawas and ewoks but there are a lot in cantina. JKA, lando and aayla are strong but i don't have a need for them in gw or arena. So maybe chirpa and jawa?

cowofwar fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Aug 9, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

GW shipments:
Magmatrooper

Arena Shipments:
Nute, CUP, HK47, Tarkin, Ugnaught, Greedo, Nebit

I have like 28 7* (catte butte roster link in spreadsheet) so which would be most useful for completion of other stuff? I'm working on jawas and ewoks but there are a lot in cantina. JKA, lando and aayla are strong but i don't have a need for them in gw or arena. So maybe chirpa and jawa?

Lando, Jawa, and Chirpa would be my recommendations for Cantina. I have Lando at 5*, so I will probably finish him before working on Jawa, but I'm doing that before Anakin because of the mod challenges (and new raid).

Definitely Scav from Cantina.

You need 5 Empire for Mod tier 3, so you'll need to do Tarkin, Magma, and/or Veers. Magma is probably better than the other two.

Definitely Nebit from Arena -- he seems legitimately good.

e: with the Empire nod above...obv you'll want Vader and RG. From there, you'll need to choose 3 of: Snowtrooper, Magmatrooper, Stormtrooper, Tarkin, and Veers. Snowtrooper is REALLY good now with 4 other Empire, so that seems like a given to me. Stomtrooper and Magmatrooper seem better than Tarkin and Veers, but those two could get buffed at some point. I dunno. Worth thinking about though.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Aug 9, 2016

two_step
Sep 2, 2011

Malgrin posted:

Lando, Jawa, and Chirpa would be my recommendations for Cantina. I have Lando at 5*, so I will probably finish him before working on Jawa, but I'm doing that before Anakin because of the mod challenges (and new raid).

Definitely Scav from Cantina.

You need 5 Empire for Mod tier 3, so you'll need to do Tarkin, Magma, and/or Veers. Magma is probably better than the other two.

Definitely Nebit from Arena -- he seems legitimately good.

e: with the Empire nod above...obv you'll want Vader and RG. From there, you'll need to choose 3 of: Snowtrooper, Magmatrooper, Stormtrooper, Tarkin, and Veers. Snowtrooper is REALLY good now with 4 other Empire, so that seems like a given to me. Stomtrooper and Magmatrooper seem better than Tarkin and Veers, but those two could get buffed at some point. I dunno. Worth thinking about though.

My only issue with snowtrooper is that he only has one hard node plus that cantina node, and guild shipments. There is so much competition for cantina energy and guild coins right now though. I ended up with a 5* Tarkin from some chromium pack or something (do not do this), so I decided to work on him, magma, vader, stormtrooper and RG. Was able to 3* the t1 challenge, and beat t2, but not 3* it yet. Probably need every to at least level 75 g7, I would guess.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

two_step posted:

My only issue with snowtrooper is that he only has one hard node plus that cantina node, and guild shipments. There is so much competition for cantina energy and guild coins right now though. I ended up with a 5* Tarkin from some chromium pack or something (do not do this), so I decided to work on him, magma, vader, stormtrooper and RG. Was able to 3* the t1 challenge, and beat t2, but not 3* it yet. Probably need every to at least level 75 g7, I would guess.

Yeah, that's fair. I've somehow opened him like a dozen times, so I have him to 5* without really working on him. Once I finish HRS in HM, I'll move on to Snowtrooper. I'm not even thinking about him for Cantina yet...and if you don't have JE + Dengar maxed from guild shipments (how would you even already?), it's not really worth going after him there, although maybe someday? I have no interest in getting Guard unless they rework him, so, probably spending those on Snowtrooper once I get there (still a ways out though), and in the meantime, one shard per day.

All that said, he realistically only needs to be 5* with high level and lots of points into his assault ability. Giving your whole team TM off kills is so big in the challenge.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, that's fair. I've somehow opened him like a dozen times, so I have him to 5* without really working on him. Once I finish HRS in HM, I'll move on to Snowtrooper. I'm not even thinking about him for Cantina yet...and if you don't have JE + Dengar maxed from guild shipments (how would you even already?), it's not really worth going after him there, although maybe someday? I have no interest in getting Guard unless they rework him, so, probably spending those on Snowtrooper once I get there (still a ways out though), and in the meantime, one shard per day.

All that said, he realistically only needs to be 5* with high level and lots of points into his assault ability. Giving your whole team TM off kills is so big in the challenge.

I actually maxed Rey and je and have Dengar at 1 package from 6 stars. I haven't seen a Dengar in my shop in weeks. I have almost 4k guild tokens because I don't want to spend them on gear. After the next pack I will probably not bother with Dengar so no idea who I am going to grab now. But then again getting those shards was really lucky since I had je and Rey in my shop like everyday.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

xyigx posted:

I actually maxed Rey and je and have Dengar at 1 package from 6 stars. I haven't seen a Dengar in my shop in weeks. I have almost 4k guild tokens because I don't want to spend them on gear. After the next pack I will probably not bother with Dengar so no idea who I am going to grab now. But then again getting those shards was really lucky since I had je and Rey in my shop like everyday.

Yeah, I started out purchasing gear, which I don't really regret, but switched over to Dengar when he was added to shipments, and started on JE soon after that. Dengar is now 6*, but JE is only almost 5, and 5 to 7 takes a long time. Will probably only have 3 7* Jawas when the new raid is dropped.

I also have started prioritizing JE over Dengar because getting his 7th star isn't terrible relevant at the moment...all credits and gear farming are going into Jawas anyways.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Malgrin posted:

Yeah, I started out purchasing gear, which I don't really regret, but switched over to Dengar when he was added to shipments, and started on JE soon after that. Dengar is now 6*, but JE is only almost 5, and 5 to 7 takes a long time. Will probably only have 3 7* Jawas when the new raid is dropped.

I also have started prioritizing JE over Dengar because getting his 7th star isn't terrible relevant at the moment...all credits and gear farming are going into Jawas anyways.

Having dabbled a bit with a massively under power jawa crew I am really impressed by how well they work together.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
We have a lot of inactives in IGD. We could use anyone that wants to come from GGA or QGJ. We don't need more damage on T7 raid, so it would actually be cool if people that have like 1-2 7*s want to jump in to get better loot. Really we just want you to spend energy daily and participate in the guild thing so we can do raids more often and get more guild coins. We'll also take high damage people, but, I don't want to keep hurting QGJ's raids.

Cetea
Jun 14, 2013
I'd be up for jumping into IGD. I'm currently in QGJ and not really contributing to raid damage anyway (just doing the daily activities stuff, only got one 7 star character). My ally code is 389-677-922 if anyone wants to add me for the invite?

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Cetea posted:

I'd be up for jumping into IGD. I'm currently in QGJ and not really contributing to raid damage anyway (just doing the daily activities stuff, only got one 7 star character). My ally code is 389-677-922 if anyone wants to add me for the invite?

Sure.

Also, IGD, raid at 9PM Pacific (Midnight Eastern, 5AM London time)

However, we are doing the new, don't attack for 12 hours thing. So, if you are concerned you won't make the 9am Pacific raid time, you have 12 hours to send in a crappy hero and record 0 damage.

If anyone does damage in those first 12 hours, I will write down your name and call you out in here and in game. I'm hoping I don't have to get all guild leadery on here, cause I hate that poo poo.

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Aug 11, 2016

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
I have missed last 2 raids because of travel and the fact that one raid was over in 4hrs 38mins according to in game chat. It's a bummer but oh well, I'm just happy to be getting gear from exchange/paltry smacks on the rancor and want to be able to continue to do so. I'm slowly working on my jawas + QGJ while gearing my new lvl78 STHan. Rey is one delicious space pancake mk6 from gear 10 so that's cool. Let's be chill goons and help each other out.

Cetea
Jun 14, 2013

Malgrin posted:

Sure.

Also, IGD, raid at 9PM Pacific (Midnight Eastern, 5AM London time)

However, we are doing the new, don't attack for 12 hours thing. So, if you are concerned you won't make the 9am Pacific raid time, you have 12 hours to send in a crappy hero and record 0 damage.

If anyone does damage in those first 12 hours, I will write down your name and call you out in here and in game. I'm hoping I don't have to get all guild leadery on here, cause I hate that poo poo.

Okay, I'll make sure not to do damage, but I doubt I would do that much anyway considering that I'm only level 63 here! Just accepted your ally request in game now.

P.S In game name is Protean

Cetea fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 11, 2016

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010
Another possibility is that Twostep, myself, and maybe a couple other heavy hitters do all of the raid, and the other 40 people tie for 5th or whatever. We are not sure if raid rewards are averaged on ties, or distributed at whatever level they got...like 5th. We don't know, but it could maximize loot for everyone else. This would really require patience from everyone, but I'm willing to give it a try if people want that. I don't know how many of us are needed to finish the raid....P4 is pretty brutal.

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos
Seems simplest to just throw a toon starting at 9pm to get on the board, doesn't matter how much damage if only one toon is thrown. Then free for all at 9am.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari
So should I make an inquiry into joining a goon guild here or...? I put myself in that spreadsheet and tried to add all the officers for QGJ but nothing :(

My ally code is 634-745-324 and in-game name is Xaus. Looking to join QGJ or IGD.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

cowofwar posted:

Seems simplest to just throw a toon starting at 9pm to get on the board, doesn't matter how much damage if only one toon is thrown. Then free for all at 9am.

NO. A tie is better because it spreads the wealth. You can attack a guard, which nets you 0 raid damage. If 4 people complete the taid, everyone else ties for 5th, which is either pretty good, or broken, we dont know yet. So go in with one weak toon, and let him die without doing dsmage to captain. Hitting a guard is better.

If I see damage in the morning, I will not be happy.

FeculentWizardTits
Aug 31, 2001

You don't actually have to attack anyone to get on the scoreboard. I went in with my level 28 Dathcha, who didn't get to attack and died in one hit (obviously). Took 2nd place :smug:

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Spakstik posted:

You don't actually have to attack anyone to get on the scoreboard. I went in with my level 28 Dathcha, who didn't get to attack and died in one hit (obviously). Took 2nd place :smug:

Unfortunately I think the game won't let players with multiple 7* toons just send one in alone against the rancor.

Had to send my lowest five 7* toons in and just basic on the guards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

mdemone posted:

Unfortunately I think the game won't let players with multiple 7* toons just send one in alone against the rancor.

Had to send my lowest five 7* toons in and just basic on the guards.

Ya, you can send a toon alone. It'll pop up a warning message first saying you don't have a full team or whatever. But if you just click to start again, it'll put you into the raid with just your one toon.