Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

The only way you wait less than an hour in Canada is if you're bleeding allover the place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Pfft, the matriarchy strikes again

FuckenPunchOn
Nov 9, 2013

People on facebook believe that this happened.

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

FuckenPunchOn posted:

The most unbelievable part is that lizard person's human skin suit.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

Verisimilidude posted:

The most unbelievable part is that lizard person's human skin suit.

You'd think they'd be able to get a better fit around the eyes.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

FuckenPunchOn posted:

He probably believes it actually happened too :(

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

FuckenPunchOn posted:

Humans of New York: Profiting from homeless mental ilness since 2004

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Things have gone downhill for the Dos Equis guy.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The General posted:

The only way you wait less than an hour in Canada is if you're bleeding allover the place.

Yours must have been out of buckets.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rhapsodic Bohemian. TIA HTH

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Delirium

quote:

Alright, a bit of background. This troper is known among her friends for her quirky, eccentric, and sometimes child-like personality, and also her tendency to ramble without making much sense. This has often had her compared to Delirium of the Endless, especially since her favorite book series is The Sandman, and is even occasionally called by the nickname "Del". Recently, however, certain things in her life made her lose that odd demeanor and become very sullen and withdrawn. Just a few days a go, one of her friends walked up to her and handed her a bag, and told her to open it when she got home. After she arrived home, she discovered that the bag contained The Little Endless Storybook (a spin-off of The Sandman, for those who don't know) Now, that alone is hearwarming enough, especially considering how her birthday isn't anywhere near soon and nor are any other holidays where one would give gifts to someone. However, the real heartwarming part came when she opened the book, inside was written, in the handwriting of the friend who had given her the gift, "To 'Princess Delirium': Please, stay by me, stay by all of your friends. Wherever Destiny takes you, even if he takes you to the closest place to hell a living person can go; I'll be beside you, they'll be beside you. Please, I can't stand seeing you in one of Despair's mirrors like I am now. I'm doing everything I can to find you and bring you back. You were once Delight, she's still in there. And if we do enough looking, we'll find her in you somewhere. Love, 'Barnabas'" Cue tears.

Sofa

quote:

This troper has been badly bullied for most of her life, until she got to college. For the first time, she was in a class full of people who were actually nice to her, even though she didn't really know how to relate to them. Going there helped bring her out of a deep depression. One day, having her lunch outside the classroom (an out-of-the-way spot with a sofa), a girl from another class - one who'd bothered her before - threw water all over her for no reason and with no warning. It was a real shock, and especially traumatising given how relaxed she'd gotten. She sat there, crying, until the rest of the class turned up and asked her what was wrong. When she told them, they lead a crusade through the halls in search of the girl who'd done it, swearing bloody vengeance while talking me down. I know that it was at least partly an excuse to get out of class, but it made me smile.

Anime

quote:

This troper and longtime lurker wasn't very popular in high school at all. I watched anime and quoted it frequently, played Warhammer 40K at Boarders (and later stopped when the other 3 people who played with me all left), and read Discworld. Most people just thought of me as a nerd, and when my only friend moved to another state, I became almost depressive. I hid it from my teachers and family so they wouldn't worry about me, to the point where I was thinking about killing myself. The only thing that kept me alive was my love for anime, video games, and books. I know it sounds silly, but waiting for the next cool sounding one to come out really did keep me from killing myself. One day, I joined an internet fan forum for the Tales series of video games. After spending more and more time there, I became steadily happier with my life. When I announced that I was leaving the site near the end, I was amazed at the well-wishes I got from the people there. They really were my friends. And that's not the CMOH. It comes later, when my AP English class was reading Fahrenheit 451. Our teacher was talking about how horrible technology was (and how it was making us all lazy bastards. I bet all of you have had a teacher like that). When she asked the class for effects of technology, they all told her the negitive effects. As the emotionally unstable girl I was (and maybe still am) I started crying, remembering those friends, who I would never see again, and how I meet them through technology. When my teacher asked what was wrong, I stood up, went to the front of the class, and told my entire story. When I was done, there was about ten seconds of silenece. Then, a boy who sat near me stood up, walked over to me, and walked me back to my seat. Then he started the clap. Needless to say, the class joined in. I still cannot believe that something that wonderful could have ever happened, especially to me.

Rap

quote:

This troper absolutely loving HATES people in his neighborhood who play loud, lovely rap music in the wee hours of the morning. (Not that there's much for GOOD rap music.) Two choice things he has yelled off the back porch are "I'll chop off your balls and use them as ear plugs" and "Motherfucker, I will rip your cock off and shove it up your nose".

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe
You can't spell crap without rap ! ! !

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum
This troper likes all music, except for country and rap :smug:

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

How did it take this long to get to Anime?

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

I can buy the guy yelling what he thinks are super badass threats in a nasally, cracking nerdwheeze and his neighbors just rolling their eyes and laughing because the kid is probably insufferably uptight about goddamn everything.

Frostyhawk
Jan 21, 2012

Bird Up!
In my experience, nerds who say they hate rap are either into power metal or dad rock, or both.

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

quote:

Today, it was raining heavily so I wore my black poncho as I walked to work. On the way there I noticed an old and seemingly homeless man following me. I turned around to confront him. He picked up a stick and screamed "Expecto Patronum!" Apparently I look like a dementor. FML

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Khazar-khum posted:

Delirium

Alright, a bit of background. This troper is known among her friends for her quirky, eccentric, and sometimes child-like personality, and also her tendency to ramble without making much sense. This has often had her compared to Delirium of the Endless, especially since her favorite book series is The Sandman, and is even occasionally called by the nickname "Del".

Can you imagine how insufferable such a person would be?

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.

ElGroucho posted:

Most of the people exhibited in this thread seem incredibly insufferable and overall unpleasant to be around.

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!

shit_that_didn't_happen.txt: The only thing that kept me alive was my love for anime

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

This troper likes all music, except for country and rap :smug:
Given the penchant for musical theatre among tropers, I wonder how the existence of Hamilton will change their attitudes towards rap. Now all we need is a country-western adaptation of Twin Peaks or something.

Funktastic
Jul 23, 2013

Slightly Lions posted:

shit_that_didn't_happen.txt: The only thing that kept me alive was my love for anime

Given the penchant for musical theatre among tropers, I wonder how the existence of Hamilton will change their attitudes towards rap. Now all we need is a country-western adaptation of Twin Peaks or something.

In my experience, they still don't like rap, but they sure do love Hamilton, and bragging about how they don't like any rap besides Hamilton.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

ElGroucho posted:

It's as if they're awful creatures who suck the joy out of the world by sheer proximity.

Kissing one would be a soul-destroying experience.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Tunicate posted:

It's as if they're awful creatures who suck the joy out of the world by sheer proximity.

Kissing one would be a soul-destroying experience.

the human body instinctively fights even against itself to survive in a life or death situation

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

ElGroucho posted:

There was a time I would be overjoyed to be compared to a Sandman character. Now I would consider it a mortal insult. I like to think that means I have grown as a human being.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Frostyhawk posted:

In my experience, nerds who say they hate rap are either into power metal or dad rock, or both.

i can assure you they absolutely fuckin love Epic Rap Battles of History

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
The best part about tropers is that they would be outcasts to 80's nerds because how insufferable they are, and that in maybe 20-30 years troperism will become as mainstream as nerdism

Let that sink in for a minute there

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Fezz posted:

Most of the people exhibited in this thread seem incredibly insufferable and overall unpleasant to be around.

I bet 50% of them are the shy nerd that stands in the corner but is actually kinda normal when you engage them. The other 50% are probably almost as insufferable irl as they are on the net.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Fathis Munk posted:

I bet 50% of them are the shy nerd that stands in the corner but is actually kinda normal when you engage them. The other 50% are probably almost as insufferable irl as they are on the net.

That's possible. A lot of the dumb stories are probably just dumb posturing for nerd cred. Which is sad that that exists as a thing.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Funktastic posted:

In my experience, they still don't like rap, but they sure do love Hamilton, and bragging about how they don't like any rap besides Hamilton.

I dislike rap, musical theater and Hamilton (among other things).

I'm pretty edgy, basically.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

So much edge youre just a circle

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
Sounds more like a square :smug:

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Alaois posted:

i can assure you they absolutely fuckin love Epic Rap Battles of History

That's different because it's a youtube video and the characters rap battling are ones i know from videogames! It's not like that Kanye poo poo where it's about bitches and hoes.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

That's different because it's a youtube video and the characters rap battling are ones i know from videogames! It's not like that Kanye poo poo where it's about bitches and hoes.

I wouldn't call these historical names video game characters :v:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVbH1BVXywY&hd=1

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

There hasn't been a good "my alternate personality is writing these strange things" stdh in a while. :(

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Manuel Calavera posted:

Rome: Total War and Age of Empires 3.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Decrepus posted:

There hasn't been a good "my alternate personality is writing these strange things" stdh in a while. :(

Oh man who was that (fake) girl that was also a turtle (?) and then her black boyfriend came to live with her and only spent time with her mom?

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Manuel Calavera posted:

I thought they had a few videos there they had videogame characters face off? My mistake then, but my point still stands that those kinds of people still watch those videos even though rap is crap.

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

I thought they had a few videos there they had videogame characters face off? My mistake then, but my point still stands that those kinds of people still watch those videos even though rap is crap.

Pretty sure there is one with Goku in it, so you're not necessarily wrong.

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

Electrical Fire posted:

Pretty sure there is one with Goku in it, so you're not necessarily wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0MW9Nrg_kZU

"you can't flow to Son Goku, I kaio-ken get it done" is worth all the ERB hate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
If you use "epic" as part of your name/logo/advertising/whatever I instantly hate you