Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

While we're talking about older episodes, Griffin sounds... Weird in older episodes. I don't know if it's a microphone thing or he actually talks differently, but he sounds quieter I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

chaos rhames posted:

There's an episode with Lin manuel miranda guesting, you might want to track that one down as well.

Yeah, I discovered them via Lin. I just listened to it again recently now that I know who the brothers are.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

myron cope posted:

While we're talking about older episodes, Griffin sounds... Weird in older episodes. I don't know if it's a microphone thing or he actually talks differently, but he sounds quieter I guess.

he used to use a rockband mic

my recommendation is to start as close to the beginning as you can depending on how much you can handle lovely recorded audio

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

quote:

My son modeling the horrific onesie his Aunt Jen lovingly crafted for him, based off the classic MBMBaM goof.

Travis, Griffin - I hope your friends are kinder to your babies! :D

The MBMBaM Facebook group is a roller coaster I'm not always prepared to ride.

Raar_Im_A_Dinosaur
Mar 16, 2006

GOOD LUCK!!
Cool pic to send with the ransom note...really hammer home the notion that the baby is in grave peril if orders are not complied with.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Guy Mann posted:

No problem with this, you should gently caress with babies as much as ethically possible.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

myron cope posted:

Griffin's personality has definitely changed a bit. He was in his early twenties when the show started, and was basically a nervous and quiet baby brother. Now that he's nearing 30 and has found his own voice, he speaks speaks more openly and makes jokes without really caring. It's neat to think about.

Guy Mann posted:

What's sad is that it's still pretty significantly moderated by Travis, AFAIK. This is the stuff that they let get through.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
ahh!
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScALNCLb4AjI3aluydY6N8kSf7xEd90XKPy666jqwzgT6KeQQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

It'd be amazing if they ended up with some sort of weird, serialized show like Review where they went around destroying people's lives with bad advice.

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist
Travis plays well with others. The improv classes have really paid off.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
I started listening to Rose Buddies from the start and by episode two drunk Griffin is having full on meltdowns, it's very fantastic

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
There's a good reason Rose Buddies is my favorite McElroy show.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

abraham linksys posted:

I started listening to Rose Buddies from the start and by episode two drunk Griffin is having full on meltdowns, it's very fantastic

wine drunk griffin is the best griffin

Mikedawson
Jun 21, 2013

Guy Mann posted:

TBH I find the mbmbam facebook very inane and uninteresting, like most of facebook. Occasionally you'll get fanart or Lin-Manuel Miranda getting celebrities to tell the McElroys they did a great job, but mostly it's "hey, it's a picture of horse, isn't that WACKY???"

Mikedawson fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Aug 1, 2016

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I just got in so it's all new and shiny to me.

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD

Mikedawson posted:

TBH I find the mbmbam facebook very inane and uninteresting, like most of facebook. Occasionally you'll get fanart or Lin-Manuel Miranda getting celebrities to tell the McElroys they did a great job, but mostly it's "hey, it's a picture of horse, isn't that WACKY???"
I haven't seen a horse picture since they turned on post moderation. I kind of miss them.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Rose Buddies is really good and I don't even watch the shows (though if Bachelor in Paradise is as much of a trainwreck as it sounds I might have to start)

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I don't understand how people listen Rose Buddies without watching the shows. You miss out on so much by not.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

I tried once and couldn't last five minutes

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

mikeycp posted:

I don't understand how people listen Rose Buddies without watching the shows. You miss out on so much by not.

I was able to listen to Still Buffering and Losing the Sheen without watching the shows just fine, but I bailed on Rose Buddies after like two episodes. :shrug:

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

You really need to watch those shows with a group and also preferably do fantasy league. It's really hard otherwise.

kmzh
Feb 21, 2011

Man, the Paul Hollywood segment got to Paul Montana but nobody mentioned Joe.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

mikeycp posted:

Because Griffin still says stuff like "I don't know why you would say that alone... in a sewer," in regards to a person saying "I'm a heart virgin."

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

mikeycp posted:

I watched the first few episodes of the Bachelorette but stopped when the only people left were Multiplicity clones because everyone was boring. I still listen to Rose Buddies though!

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

Piell posted:

I watched the first few episodes of the Bachelorette but stopped when the only people left were Multiplicity clones because everyone was boring.

This is exactly why you fantasy league. Keeps you invested.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

It still keeps throwing me off that the Bachelorette is named Jojo (ora ora). Also I wish there were more episodes about "Please Marry My Boy" just so I could see the title in my podcast feed.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
New Griffin's Nuzlocke video, in case you're not subscribed for whatever reason.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yF8FQEf1OEY

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Hell yeah double Rose Buddies

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
I cannot find Tommy Wiseau's dating site that they mentioned on MBMBAM this week. Google is failing me and I'm so disappointed.

CronoGamer
May 15, 2004

why did this happen

Zeeman posted:

I cannot find Tommy Wiseau's dating site that they mentioned on MBMBAM this week. Google is failing me and I'm so disappointed.

Is it not just theroomdating.com? I'm not signing up for it but this came up on Facebook and looks to be it: https://m.facebook.com/theroomdating

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

God, episode 6 of Crystal Kingdom is some good poo poo.

(It's where the arm gets cut off)

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
man, up had way too many balloons

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

That's my car!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Man that's a good idea for a game.

Calico Heart
Mar 22, 2012

"wich the worst part was what troll face did to sonic's corpse after words wich was rape it. at that point i looked away"

Really, "That's my car!" would be a fantastic name for this game

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

New Monster Factory today, keep them eyes peeled

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

New Monster Factory today, keep them eyes peeled

Me, on twitter:

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I think this week's mbmbam was a real good one, they seemed goofier than usual (if that's possible). They also seemed to really be enjoying themselves talking about the 'lympos

Tom Funk
Feb 19, 2010
I started listening to mbmbam/the adventure zone about 2 or 3 months ago and just caught up. I'm a farmer (you know I'm sending in some farm wisdom), so I can listening to, like, 8 episodes a day if I wanted. It's going to be strange waiting a week for new episodes.

At least I can immerse myself in Rose Buddies and Saw Bones for a little while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
When you run out of MBMBAMs, switch to Adventure Zone! Then Cool Games Inc. Then Sawbones and Still Buffering and Shmanners. Then Trends Like These.

Someone needs to calculate how many hours of content the McElroy family has produced.