Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BWV
Feb 24, 2005

anotherone posted:

No, every candidate in history does this (or their people do)- Trump is just uncommonly bad at it. Usually there will be a certain amount of subtlety.

Yea i guess that's what i was getting at. I get dog whistling and subtlety hinting at derogatory rumour. But literally saying "you know, a lot of people are saying that this is this" is on a drunk uncle level

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

BWV posted:

is Trump the first candidate to publicly engage gossip/rumour as a talking point?
I can't remember a candidate who so routinely says "people have been saying.../I've heard..."

Does VP candidate count? Cause it was Palin's MO.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

smell this posted:

Jeb! save me!

Your words ring true, great sage. Out of consideration for our greatest hero, I will let you off the hook.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Patter Song posted:

Just for fun:

You guys can play around with the feasibility of these. Mr. Egg McMuffin will struggle to get on more than a dozen states' ballots, though.

Like, there's no way he gets 5,000 sigs in Ohio before Wednesday.

Taking Colorado (if he can get the $1,000 check into Denver by Wednesday) and Louisiana as givens, what other states do you think he makes?

EDIT: I'm thinking the only swing state he has a credible chance of making the ballot in is Iowa.

If he has legit Romney type money behind him there have been people canvassing every state non-stop.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
In states that allow write-ins, the spelling has to be exact, I'd imagine? Like if I wrote in Dafy Duck and another person wrote in Daffy Duck, then that's two different votes, right?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BWV posted:

Yea i guess that's what i was getting at. I get dog whistling and subtlety hinting at derogatory rumour. But literally saying "you know, a lot of people are saying that this is this" is on a drunk uncle level

well, a lot of people are saying it. thats true.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Mr. Nice! posted:

If he has legit Romney type money behind him there have been people canvassing every state non-stop.

Not a chance in hell anyone is funding this guy seriously.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

anotherone posted:

No, every candidate in history does this (or their people do)- Trump is just uncommonly bad at it.

Ahem. I think you'll find that some people say he's uncommonly bad at it.

Four Score
Feb 27, 2014

by zen death robot
Lipstick Apathy
somebody remind Trump that Clinton was Chris Dorner's 2016 pick so he can get sidetracked again for a week

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Patter Song posted:

Not a chance in hell anyone is funding this guy seriously.

He's guaranteed in 3 states, since he got some third party to put him on their ticket in Alabama.

That has to be their strategy, since going balls-out for signatures in some of these states to make their deadlines is going to be a losing proposition. Even if you used the RNC email lists to hit up every trump-hating conservative out there there just isn't enough time.

McMuffin will pan out as well as the French Dip did.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/762781826549030912
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/190831719509786624

david mammoth
Oct 15, 2012
The important thing about the random CIA guy running is that it increases the chances of Clinton winning Utah with 28% of the vote or something.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
whos the egg mcmuffin's running mate, mac tonight?

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

The media has absolutely every right to nail his rear end to the wall about this hearsay bullshit, up to and including the fact that Many People Are Saying that Donald Trump is a major donor to NAMBLA which is why he won't release his taxes.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

What are the current odds that Hillary runs the table?

anotherone
Feb 8, 2001
Username taken, please choose another one
lol

https://twitter.com/search?q=%22many%20people%22%20from%3Arealdonaldtrump&src=typd

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

theflyingexecutive posted:

It's not going to happen. Stop getting high on your own farts. Don't imagine that poo poo isn't going to get bad between now and November.

Turdfuzz
Jul 23, 2008

prolly like 100% i bet

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

prefect posted:

It's not going to happen. Stop getting high on your own farts. Don't imagine that poo poo isn't going to get bad between now and November.

I just wanna knowwwwww

VAGENDA OF MANOCIDE
Aug 1, 2004

whoa, what just happened here?

College Slice

prefect posted:

What's your scenario

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

sector_corrector posted:

In states that allow write-ins, the spelling has to be exact, I'd imagine? Like if I wrote in Dafy Duck and another person wrote in Daffy Duck, then that's two different votes, right?

Not always. You can fight for voter intent if you think it's close enough. Famously in 2006, failed House candidate Shelley Sekula-Gibbs claimed pretty much any write-in, including one vote for "Draculacunt," as an attempt to write her name.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

http://dai.ly/x2x1bwa?start=57

i think we need to get gilbert gottfried's take on this issue

HappyHippo fucked around with this message at 01:15 on Aug 9, 2016

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JohnJHarwood/status/762800824632344580

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

broken clock opsec posted:

What's your scenario

I don't know, but it's going to happen. At the very least, CNN and company will get caught up in the horse-race bullshit, and they will make it get closer.

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

Boosted_C5 posted:

I just googled NAMBLA.

WHAT THE gently caress

quoting because lol boosted really did write these words

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Nate just updated the model. Nowcast now shows 96.4% Hillary and 3.6% Trump.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Missouri GE poll - Remington Research Group
8/5 - 8/6 - 1,280 LV

Trump 44
Clinton 42
Johnson 5
Stein 2

Romney won MO by 9%

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

deliriously high

my rear end in a top hat boss is running his poo poo company into the ground just as trump is running the repubs into the ground

if trump manages to produce a Hillary Clinton blowout victory and scuttles a bunch of downticket repubs in the process, 2016 might be more intensely satisfying to me than losing 100 pounds in 2015

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
When do these GE polls start switching to LV models?

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Slate Action posted:

8/5 - 8/6 - 1,280 LV

Trump 44
Clinton 42
Johnson 5
Stein 2

Romney won MO by 9%

Now we just need some Iowa action.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
swing state missouri, sure why not

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

Slate Action posted:

8/5 - 8/6 - 1,280 LV

Trump 44
Clinton 42
Johnson 5
Stein 2

Romney won MO by 9%

wow jill stein costing hillary missouri, unbelievable

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Trump has not led outside of the MoE in a single swing state since the conventions. "Swing state" now apparently includes Georgia, Arizona and Missouri.

weekly font fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Aug 9, 2016

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

WAR DOGS OF SOCHI posted:

Listen, he might have donated massive amounts of money to NAMBLA or he might not have.

But ask yourself this question: Why would a person who didn't donate to NAMBLA refuse to release his tax returns?

Because the wealthy evade taxes? It's really not hard to put this one together.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Three months until the election is plenty of time for more rats to flee the sinking ship, sowing further chaos.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

nachos posted:

When do these GE polls start switching to LV models?

Many of them already are.

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/joshtpm/status/762805270284296192

deathbysnusnu
Feb 25, 2016

Slate Action posted:

8/5 - 8/6 - 1,280 LV

Trump 44
Clinton 42
Johnson 5
Stein 2

Romney won MO by 9%

GOTV counts for 2-3 bonus points right? Good thing trump has a well oiled campaign office in St Louis.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Patter Song posted:

Just for fun:

You guys can play around with the feasibility of these. Mr. Egg McMuffin will struggle to get on more than a dozen states' ballots, though.

Like, there's no way he gets 5,000 sigs in Ohio before Wednesday.

Taking Colorado (if he can get the $1,000 check into Denver by Wednesday) and Louisiana as givens, what other states do you think he makes?

EDIT: I'm thinking the only swing state he has a credible chance of making the ballot in is Iowa.

The whole thing is clearly about sinking Trump with Egg McMuffin's white and delightful Mormon smile. They might just target Utah, Arizona, and Colorado (and I guess Iowa) in the hopes they can play spoiler. Any traction they can gain in Louisiana, Arkansas, and any other state where some shithole 3rd party gives them ballot access would just be a bonus.

• Locked thread