Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

do i have to buy all three of those caches before 8/8 or is that just when the second part starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
Bike rides at night are the best. I actually highly recommend doing something like that instead playing league.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Aatrox in the lore is actually sort of interesting, he shows up in wars on the losing side and drives them to make a victorious comeback that ends with them performing atrocities upon the enemy side.

It just hasn't been translated well into game-play or character design. Like his wings are meant to look like tattered banners but just look silly. He also lacks any way to make a losing team turn around, at least in my experience.

The loss of devourer really hurt him too as the replacement item doesn't work nearly as nicely with his w.

I actually wish they would give him Sion's original ultimate, at least then you can do something to drive your team on through a hard fight.

BigLeafyTree
Oct 21, 2010

Aatrox is the strongest and bravest of the famous Butterfly Knights.

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

Libertine posted:

Aatrox is great he's the dark heart dark warrior sword swing good champion design okay great North Korea number one country in the world.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
aatrox fucckingg bad rear end

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

Lord_Magmar posted:

Like his wings are meant to look like tattered banners but just look silly

Really? I though he was just an evil battle butterfly

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
someone looked at the word darkin and thought it was fine

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Aatrox fills the vital niche of being a guy hero with an adonis belt

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Lord_Magmar posted:

Aatrox in the lore is actually sort of interesting, he shows up in wars on the losing side and drives them to make a victorious comeback that ends with them performing atrocities upon the enemy side.

It just hasn't been translated well into game-play or character design. Like his wings are meant to look like tattered banners but just look silly. He also lacks any way to make a losing team turn around, at least in my experience.

The loss of devourer really hurt him too as the replacement item doesn't work nearly as nicely with his w.

I actually wish they would give him Sion's original ultimate, at least then you can do something to drive your team on through a hard fight.

I thematically and epically turned a shitton of games around as Aatrox right after hitting Sated, though my teams might've argued that my afk farm was the reason we were behind to begin with

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
I like Aatrox only because you can reliably solo dragon from level 3 onwards and that's really the only thing I do with him. Stay in jungle farming and go kill dragon as soon as he spawns.

Unfortunately the dragon buffs are pretty poo poo unless you can stack 3 of the same type of buff by some miracle.

Basically even if you get every single dragon your team is still at a disadvantage because you have Aatrox on your team.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Gortarius posted:

I like Aatrox only because you can reliably solo dragon from level 3 onwards and that's really the only thing I do with him. Stay in jungle farming and go kill dragon as soon as he spawns.

Unfortunately the dragon buffs are pretty poo poo unless you can stack 3 of the same type of buff by some miracle.

Basically even if you get every single dragon your team is still at a disadvantage because you have Aatrox on your team.

Get a rage blade and pray for infernals lol

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
aatrox can also solo baron at anywhere from 21-29 mins depending on how fed he is

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

So I just ended up going against the Jhin sniper nest in one for all. As Diana :getin: Its a shame IBG and Titanic Hydra got nerfed badly, could have had a decent surprise tank there.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Verviticus posted:

aatrox can also solo baron at anywhere from 21-29 mins depending on how fed he is
He can do it even a little behind if he has Rageblade.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
aatrox has real nice abs

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Thank you Riot for making phallic sword man the heart of all my testosterone dreams

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
he's not even that phallic. Garen makes his giant sword penetrate you from the sky.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

he's not even that phallic. Garen makes his giant sword penetrate you from the sky.
ah yes, the sky, my favorite place to be hosed from

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012
Someone help, toxic players are cyberbullying me IRL

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz145kVa-4w

That spotlight has Phreak screaming way too much

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
1v1 or no balls

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Kashuno posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pz145kVa-4w

That spotlight has Phreak screaming way too much

phreak is annoying as gently caress

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Phreak is the apex example of someone coasting on being in the right place at the right time for as long as possible.

have you seen my baby
Nov 22, 2009

Libertine posted:

Phreak is the apex example of someone coasting on being in the right place at the right time for as long as possible.

Does he even do anything besides the champion videos and bad puns?

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Crystal Geometry posted:

He casts competitive games really badly with the exact same sense of humor he brings to champion spotlights

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

hes probably head of the balance team or something too somehow

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

Crystal Geometry posted:

He's a caster. He always has a bunch of really specific and often interesting knowledge he brings between terrible jokes and bizarre references.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

e: wrong thread

Radical fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Aug 8, 2016

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

Phreak's bad brain posted:

Kled isn't just about slaying opponents, he is only about slaying opponents

wow nice usage of repetition

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Phreak is pretty good when he talks about itemization, especially ADC itemization, but he usually just shouts like he's going to run out of time to yell so he has to get in as much as possible while he can

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

He's pretty much always wrong about ADC itemization and argues with the decisions of dudes who have pro analysts number crunching item builds but he yells really loud about his opinions so it evens out against evidence

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

do those pro analysts tell their players what to build, because evidence doesnt support that these people exist

stump collector
May 28, 2007
it's safe to assume anything phreak says is very wrong

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

He thought Statikk Shiv was a bad item for like all of season 5 despite it being built in like 100% of pro matches so I mean take his opinions with... Total disregard.

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

Libertine posted:

he's perfect for Riot Games then.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Meat Recital posted:

he's perfect for Riot Games then.

Phreak IS Riot Games.

Hashtag Yoloswag
Mar 24, 2013

...I'm sorry. I can't seem to remember any of the rest.
phreak is like chris metzen, except he is sustained by puns instead of cocaine

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Phreak did a TED talks where he talked about joining Riot Games and he pretty much exactly just got there at the right time. He interviewed and didn't even know what he was good at and had literally no idea what he was going to do there, so they ended up putting him in Champion Spotlights and Shoutcasting because he used to be a pretty good Starcraft player or something.

The worst part about Phreak is that I saw the new class spotlight on the Demon Hunters in WoW and they were trying so hard to emulate the champion spotlight style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

general anime
Jan 8, 2013

by Lowtax
phreak loving owns

• Locked thread