Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
as if Leyla would hang out with such low dps losers. they have single shot rifles, for yisuns sake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
*slams money on bookie's counter*

I'm betting a platinum on INGSVLD and three pieces of jade on Harp Face.

I admire the "Where's Waldo?" aspect to this spread.

paragon1 fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Aug 8, 2016

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tollymain posted:

nah, at least one of them needs to get sucked into this absurd traveling violence circus

By the end of the comic the roving fight gang that follows Allison is going to turn into the last page in a Where's Waldo book, where you can find people from all the previous chapters just milling about i?n the background.

Although, I guess that's actually the comic now.

I think my biggest hope for the comic going forward is that it's like it is now, only moreso.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I dunno, I'd like to keep this poo poo for special occasions so we can move forward at a decent pace without the author dying.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

One Hundred Monkeys posted:

Seriously, though, I wonder what's up with the hammer guy. His weapon was much bigger last time we saw him.

"A hammer's size need only meet that of its task at hand." - Krismayana

Translation: GIT GOOD INGSVLD

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

So these motherfuckers are gonna be the 108 burning stars mentioned in the prophecy right?

Maya might be the terrible blade of want prehaps? or just one of the burning stars.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Aug 8, 2016

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

paragon1 posted:

*slams money on bookie's counter*

I'm betting a platinum on INGSVLD and three pieces of jade on Harp Face.

I admire the "Where's Waldo?" aspect to this spread.

Perpetually Bored Swordswoman has been wrecking face in her every appearance, I'm betting she'll last quite a while.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

AtomikKrab posted:

So these motherfuckers are gonna be the 108 burning stars mentioned in the prophecy right?

Maya might be the terrible blade of want prehaps? or just one of the burning stars.

I think the blade of want is the white fire she blew the tree with.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

One Hundred Monkeys posted:

Seriously, though, I wonder what's up with the hammer guy. His weapon was much bigger last time we saw him.

It's really rather simple.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHcOmffiSYQ&t=462s

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Pavlov posted:

"A hammer's size need only meet that of its task at hand." - Krismayana

Translation: GIT GOOD INGSVLD

Eat poo poo you mouth-having rear end in a top hat, we all know the other hammer's too heavy to fight with and you just carry it around for show :argh:

The Lord of Hats fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Aug 8, 2016

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Oxxidation posted:

Perpetually Bored Swordswoman has been wrecking face in her every appearance, I'm betting she'll last quite a while.

I thought she was new

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I thought she was new

She's been around since the very first burly brawl.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I thought she was new

Here's the start of the first brawl, for reference. A surprising number of these guys survived the first fight to make it to the current one. Bored Swordswoman first shows up here at the bottom left.

e: nvm she's bottom left in the first one too, don't know how I missed that.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Aug 8, 2016

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

sirtommygunn posted:

A surprising number of these guys survived the first fight to make it to the current one.

They dodge with expert timing.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

sirtommygunn posted:

A surprising number of these guys survived the first fight to make it to the current one.

If you are confident enough to join the brawl for the biggest power in creation, you've probably got skills to back up that confidence.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

MikeJF posted:

I dunno, I'd like to keep this poo poo for special occasions so we can move forward at a decent pace without the author dying.

The rate is pretty phenomenal to me already considering the insane quality of the art. There's always so much to see, it's like I'm a kid reading Don Rosa comics again.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Cat Mattress posted:

They dodge with expert timing.

But those blows were fast as lightning! :monocle:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Once again I queue up this dread song in preparation for what is to come; for a man in the back did indeed declare an attack and the setting is quite apropos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpWJx3I2DY

Also good to see that the samurai is still hanging in there. Let's see if they can make it through two of these.

Still topical, now with validation from Abbadon.

Surprised that Monkey is just straight up a human, I was kind of expecting some more simian features but I'm pleasantly surprised. I do feel bad for the person who has to pick up all the tableware after this is over.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Agean90 posted:

somebody make a mod to put the gunwitch into enter the gungeon tia

I imagine she'd have a passive item like... "Gun Juggler's License." Slight, temporary gun boosts immediately after switching to a different gun -- maybe for a limited number of shots, maybe for a second or two. Encourages acting like Layla and constantly shifting between guns.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

The Lord of Hats posted:

Eat poo poo you mouth-having rear end in a top hat, we all know the other hammer's too heavy to fight with and you just carry it around for show :argh:

You know, I really want to say "Heavy words for such a light novel" but I don't think Kris is quite that kind of smarmy rear end in a top hat.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Those of you who were disappointed that the previous pages didn't feature enough violence might be pleased in the latest page, as it promises more and further violence to come.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-105/

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Schwarzwald posted:

Those of you who were disappointed that the previous pages didn't feature enough violence might be pleased in the latest page, as it promises more and further violence to come.

http://killsixbilliondemons.com/comic/wielder-of-names-6-105/

How is he sooo loving good at this?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.
her fist is smoking :allears:

The Glumslinger posted:

How is he sooo loving good at this?

he's an angel, it's his job

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Yay, more violence!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Why, OF COURSE 6 Juggernaut Star scours the universe slings that wheel around like Captain America's shield. Why wouldn't he?

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
I'm feeling a little dumb, though - what's actually happening in panel 5?

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Giant Ethicist posted:

I'm feeling a little dumb, though - what's actually happening in panel 5?
6 Juggernaut Star scours the universe is slinging that wheel around like Captain America's shield. Why wouldn't he?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
I love Allison's half smile after she punches out the giant green dude with her tiny little fist.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

'What if, like, the power was inside me all along?'

Edit:6 Juggernaut Star Scours The Universe is the most ridiculously metal name ever. I love everything about the angels in this universe.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

atomicthumbs posted:

6 Juggernaut Star scours the universe is slinging that wheel around like Captain America's shield. Why wouldn't he?

Right, but what's that column of white fire? How did Allison get out of the way of the wheel? That's where I'm lost.

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Demiurge4 posted:

Edit:6 Juggernaut Star Scours The Universe is the most ridiculously metal name ever. I love everything about the angels in this universe.

I don't know. Kill the Gods and Topple their Thrones gives it a pretty good run for its money.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Mildly disappointed that descriptions of Royalty no longer all apply equally well to Sailor Scouts.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Giant Ethicist posted:

Right, but what's that column of white fire? How did Allison get out of the way of the wheel? That's where I'm lost.

the wheel misses her and then boomerangs back to 6-Juggs (that part took me a second too)

she jumped out of the way

Wittgen posted:

I don't know. Kill the Gods and Topple their Thrones gives it a pretty good run for its money.

Murder the Gods, cause just killin' aint metal enough

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Giant Ethicist posted:

I am boggled by your inability to read those panels.

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

A.o.D. posted:

I am boggled by your inability to read those panels.

Me too! I hang my head in shame.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Brought To You By posted:

Still topical, now with validation from Abbadon.

Surprised that Monkey is just straight up a human, I was kind of expecting some more simian features but I'm pleasantly surprised. I do feel bad for the person who has to pick up all the tableware after this is over.

Ha, you think anyone will be left alive.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

So wait. All these people's names are prophecies or predictions right? So what is the implication of White Chains name? Allisons powers manifest as white lightning, a white spear, white fist etc. What if White Chains name is symbolic of her (it) being tied to Alisson's destiny?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Demiurge4 posted:

So wait. All these people's names are prophecies or predictions right? So what is the implication of White Chains name? Allisons powers manifest as white lightning, a white spear, white fist etc. What if White Chains name is symbolic of her (it) being tied to Alisson's destiny?

i might be misreading but i believe angel names speak more to their personalities

White Chain Born in Emptiness Returns to Subdue Evil is very principled and continues to uphold the Concord despite being pretty much the only one who cares anymore. Juggernaut Star Scours the Universe wants to kill everything, because human tea drinking is just too pathetic to tolerate. Liminal Blossom Punctures the Heart of the Unrepentant, Deliciously was kind of a creep and hired themselves out as a mercenary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
names can be a lot of things. Allison is just a name, and not a good one, because she's no one's son.

Some names are descriptions of character, like the angels.

Others are mission statements, like Murder the gods and topple their thrones.

I wouldn't be surprised if Himself was a rubric of some kind.

Finally some names are prophecies so strong that they border on Fact, like Al-Yis-Un, Kill Six Billion Demons.