Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
My daughter was born today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

princecoo
Sep 3, 2009

Leavemywife posted:

Congratulations!

Yoshi Jjang
Oct 5, 2011

renard renard renarnd renrard

renard

Leavemywife posted:

Looks like you're going to need a lot of these to start her off right:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Leavemywife posted:

Grats! Make sure to introduce her to these forums early

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Congratulations!

The goon doing the Fallout New Vegas LP also took a baby hiatus so that's totally an option.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Yesterday was my birthday, and I got to set up and fire my bow, then we saw the new Star Trek and came home to ice cream cake.

KittenofDoom
Apr 15, 2003

Me posting IRL
My legs stopped hurting even in the middle of the summer work rush thanks to better conditioning, stretching, and a new mattress. I'm lifting weights again and look pretty fantastic. More than that I am GIDDY to not hurt when I walk :D

I've had kind of a poo poo time these last 3 years. I pursued unhealthy relationships because I was utterly lacking in self esteem. I recently started seeing a therapist to deal with the underlying issues, and have been doing a lot better lately. I just deactivated my OKCupid account yesterday because I have goals I'm working on, and I'm genuinely happy to not be worried about dating.....

...but the drop-dead gorgeous waitress at a local restaurant chased me out the door of her restaurant to write her number on my hand. We chatted for a bit while I was picking up my order and accidentally wooed her, I guess? :toot:

Lotron
Aug 15, 2006

Still clownin'
I almost went to jail. Almost. Praise be to Harambe.

HazCat
May 4, 2009

New boyfriend waiting at home after work. He is sending me photos of my kitten watching him cook in my kitchen :3:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Astrofig posted:

Yesterday was my birthday, and I got to set up and fire my bow, then we saw the new Star Trek and came home to ice cream cake.

What's your avatar from? I forgots :(

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
Nvm

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 14:06 on Aug 9, 2016

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009

Thin Privilege posted:

What's your avatar from? I forgots :(

It's a dog toy Lowtax found. I got drunk and manic and started dumb poo poo with him so he (or someone else I guess) gave me that delightful avvie instead of a ban. Thanks, I guess?

Edit: I just found out I got a raise! Was checking my paystub to see how many hours I had, and it turns out I got a $1.70 raise and no one told me! It's still not poo poo, but it means I'll probably be able to pay all my bills without resorting to too much freelancing this month!

Astrofig has a new favorite as of 00:30 on Aug 11, 2016

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Due to a combo of dropping something I didn't need from my phone plan (only added it to help the friend who helped me buying it) and a special offer, I was able to add 2gig/month to my phone plan for no net gain to my bill.

With 4 gig, I may be able to do more things with my phone that I've had to avoid doing to save data.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Today, after 30 long years, my Dad is finally a naturalized US citizen.:woop:

My family then went out and gorged on Chinese food for lunch.

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I got botox for the first time yesterday and my forehead is already almost totally smooth.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Today's paycheque brought me to my goal savings for a two month volunteer job at a manatee rescue facility in Belize, I got into a course I really wanted to take next semester, and I am starting work on a really cool contract job I'm doing with Canadian parks.

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy
I subscribed to NJPW World recently and also found out Father Ted is on Netflix (AU/NZ at least) so that's good. :)
Also I've been talking more to friends and feeling better about stuff in general!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

MisterBibs posted:

Due to a combo of dropping something I didn't need from my phone plan (only added it to help the friend who helped me buying it) and a special offer, I was able to add 2gig/month to my phone plan for no net gain to my bill.

With 4 gig, I may be able to do more things with my phone that I've had to avoid doing to save data.

I have a grandfathered in unlimited data plan, which is fantastic because I use the gently caress out of the data :woop:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
More cicadas have come out of their hidey-holes and its so loud and I love it.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm the only one posting here now, I must be the only one with awesome days :(

I got my flu shot, and they said I was the first of the season. I am cool and feel good about myself :woop:

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

I have a grandfathered in unlimited data plan, which is fantastic because I use the gently caress out of the data :woop:

I had an unlimited data plan grandfathered in for two phones, but it wouldn't roll over anymore when I bought my last phone. I chose 2gb because that's what I estimated I used per month, but I made the mistake of forgetting some data-heavy things that I stopped doing at the time.

I never went over my limit, but with 4gig I'm able to do more of those things.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.
Huge unexpected tax refund!

My wife and I are owners of our own businesses (I have been doing it for 5 years, this is her first year as owner). Since it was all new this year, we didn't realize that we were both paying more than we needed to, and in our meeting with her accountant today we found out we are getting a big refund!

It's really because we were dumb/didn't know what we were doing and erred on the side of paying too much, but still - great news to get!

Also my 1 year old just learned how to say "woof woof" when asked what sound a doggie makes. :3:

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
Last week I got a job as an after school tutor. My supervisor has praised my lesson plans and activities I have planned for the kids. I can't wait to begin fully begin on Monday.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
Found out that Bourbon Kings is being developed for TV, discovered that vodka and water is very drinkable, and then someone handed drunk-me a fat juicy gyro. It has been a good night.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

I singlehandedly brought back my town's dunk tank for the fair next year by hounding the owner and offering to be the clown, in support of the boy and girl scouts.

Im going to heckle everybody

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Thin Privilege posted:

I'm the only one posting here now, I must be the only one with awesome days :(

On the contrary! My days are usually so awesome that there's not one specific thing that makes my day awesome on any specific day! Just generally feeling good about life :unsmith:

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Congrats on the babygoon!

My best friend flew up from AZ and we spent the evening hanging out at the local dive bar and sitting around the back room of my work with the hookah. Super awesome, haven't seen him in a year.

CHEF!!!
Feb 22, 2001

Today was my first day at my new job, 40% raise and all. I was let go from my last job I think because my coworker wanted to do everything, I let him like an idiot, and it caught up with me. My days of firing off resumes like bullets out of a machine gun, studying Python, and having all the time in the world but no money are finally over.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

MisterBibs posted:

I had an unlimited data plan grandfathered in for two phones, but it wouldn't roll over anymore when I bought my last phone. I chose 2gb because that's what I estimated I used per month, but I made the mistake of forgetting some data-heavy things that I stopped doing at the time.

I never went over my limit, but with 4gig I'm able to do more of those things.

Data heavy thing = hilarious threads on SA?

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Thin Privilege posted:

Data heavy thing = hilarious threads on SA?

Nah, mostly it was GPS related things (having Fitbit track a walk, Strava track a bike ride, Ingress) that wouldn't really take a lot of data each session, but doing it more than a few times a week added up. Now that I have double the data, I'm hopeful I can return to doing these things more often.

Not telling Awful to not load images and profile pics when not on WiFi didn't help.

My good thing today (if in the overall scheme of things, not important, but whatever)

My favorite mobile game (Zombidle) updated with a really awesome addition: a quasi crafting system where you can sacrifice three items to make a much better item. Sacrifice three first-tier items that boost one of your monsters, for example, and you'll get a three-tier item that gives you a much bigger increase than the things you sacrificed. The best thing is, the game tells you what the end result will be before you do the sacrificing/crafting, so you're never wasting things on a result that won't help you.

TLDR, an idle game I really like (because it doesn't try and screw you) got a fun update that kept the trend going.

MisterBibs has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Aug 23, 2016

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Magnitude -8,1 Iridium flare with perfectly clear skies :boom:

Also I'm watching a hilariously bad TV movie right now and I realised that Ubisoft cribbed from this for part of WATCH_DOGS' plot and it's hilarious :allears:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
I went climbing last night with my friend, who's very competitive and not the type of person to give praise unless it's true. She said I was a natural and it took her a long time to get to the point where she was climbing as naturally I was. It warmed my cold, dead heart. And it was fun. :)

Also, I've been hearing "you're athletic" in casual conversation more often (as in, "you'll be able to handle X activity, you're athletic") and I almost never hear "you're so SKINNY!" anymore.

It took a long time to get here and it's a constant battle to remember to take care of myself, but hearing "athletic" instead of "skinny" keeps me going.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

I woke up next to my wife and child today. The cherry on top is that I also have the day off.

Astrofig
Oct 26, 2009
All my bills are paid this month! I really cannot overstate how good it feels not to have that particular anxiety hanging over my head---especially knowing it was my own hard work that made that happen. Also my arrows just got re-fletched (archery, gently caress yeah!) and this coming Monday I'm due to find out whether I got into one of the schools I applied to.

Vintimus Prime
Apr 24, 2008

DERRRRRPPP what are picture threads for????

I got married!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Vintimus Prime posted:

I got married!

Congratulations!

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k

Vintimus Prime posted:

I got married!

Awesome! Congratulations!

Content: I did my french nails so well this time that none have fallen off in a week (usually they fall off in like a day), PLUS I'm getting pretty good at typing with them.

Ramagamma
Feb 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I've had a good 4 day weekend, watched Superbad which I've been putting off for years, had a nice date night going to see War Dogs, did a bunch of weightlifting friday and sunday, walked a good 6 miles in the sun today, finally fixed my extractor fan which broke a few months ago, made potato salad for lunch tomorrow, ate really healthily all weekend other than a portion of chips and cheese by the seaside today. Also been really good with money this past 2 months and girlfriend gets her first full time pay packet next month at the same time i get my first bonus so we'll be loaded so yay.

So yeah now I'm lying in bed with muscular agony, exhausted and slightly sunburned with Jonah Hill quotes running in my head. Magic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
For kicking a few bucks a month towards my favorite podcast (shameless plug, the goon-run This Was Rad), I got some swag in the mail today: a t-shirt, some stickers, and three of the movies they've covered: Masters of the Universe, Rad, and the Star Wars Ewok Adventures Double Feature.