Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Gortarius posted:

I came across some book excerpts that cboy wrote for B2:

Orc Death 3 by Elgarth Hellblood

"Lackaday, lackaday," the king gasped mournfully as he gulped a potion, rejuvenating his wounds and gashes. His whole body ached from repeated blows from a glowing orc nunchuck. The king sighed as he looked out the window of his castle, gazing upon the once-fertile fields of his fief, a land of mystical peasants and pleading paupers.

The orcs had ransacked the king's precious goblets and crackers, so soon he himself would become a pauper, supplicating himself before warlocks and squires for nuggets and boons. But the time of reckoning drew nigh, even for the elfs.

Wow this humor doesn't hold up 4 years later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

notZaar posted:

That's the joke from the game we are talking about.

to be fair the phrase "This game is canon." will never not be funny.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Groovelord Neato posted:

to be fair the phrase "This game is canon." will never not be funny.

This post is canon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n785svhwonM

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Gortarius posted:

I came across some book excerpts that cboy wrote for B2:

Orc Death 3 by Elgarth Hellblood

"Lackaday, lackaday," the king gasped mournfully as he gulped a potion, rejuvenating his wounds and gashes. His whole body ached from repeated blows from a glowing orc nunchuck. The king sighed as he looked out the window of his castle, gazing upon the once-fertile fields of his fief, a land of mystical peasants and pleading paupers.

The orcs had ransacked the king's precious goblets and crackers, so soon he himself would become a pauper, supplicating himself before warlocks and squires for nuggets and boons. But the time of reckoning drew nigh, even for the elfs.

Why didn't he use a tincture or a potion instead? This story is bizarre!

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
I kickstarted this

This alone, no other

I am very excited

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo
Super actually excited

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Your excite will be reward.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Cheen posted:

Wow this humor doesn't hold up 4 years later

dude hasn't posted one funny or informative thing in the entire thread

GoodluckJonathan
Oct 31, 2003

Pure garbage.

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
we're fast approaching the 3 month anniversary of the last Kickstarter update before they went dark which promised to stop the cycle of posting a few times and then going dark for 3 months

definitely worth backing for this type of intense drama

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Is an acquaintance you keep forgetting to stay in touch with really something you can call drama.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
This game is never coming out, is it :(

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
The game is truly the story of how a guy stole $120,000 from suckers.

I mean, as along as he posts an update every once in awhile he can still technically say the game might come out and he doesn't have to give the money back, right? It's brilliant.

Friend Commuter
Nov 3, 2009
SO CLEVER I WANT TO FUCK MY OWN BRAIN.
Smellrose

Convex posted:

This game is never coming out, is it :(

Nail Rat posted:

The game is truly the story of how a guy stole $120,000 from suckers.

I mean, as along as he posts an update every once in awhile he can still technically say the game might come out and he doesn't have to give the money back, right? It's brilliant.

Is it 11/11/2023 yet? No? Well then. :colbert:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
This is still more of a game than no man's sky is and that's out

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
What if Space Jam 2 comes out before then and makes the first game non canon? What then??

BattleHamster
Mar 18, 2009

the TOG boys only crime is that they dreamed too big

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Despite showing demos of the Game at various events and livestreaming pixel arts, I believe with my full soul that the Game does not exist.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

This game are sick

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

sinking belle posted:

This game are sick

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Time to move this and the NMS thread to the Derek Smart sub-forum of destroyed dreams

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
can NO goon project be a success??!? :rowdytrout:

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!
Imagine four goon projects on the edge of a cliff.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Nail Rat posted:

Imagine four goon projects on the edge of a cliff.

push all four over the edge

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Doctor Schnabel posted:

can NO goon project be a success??!? :rowdytrout:

4chan, the yogscast

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
So when they succeed, they are horrible monstrosities...

Random Hajile
Aug 25, 2003

Icept posted:

So when they succeed, they are horrible monstrosities...
You're not wrong.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

man, speaking of humor that just does not hold up

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Prop Wash posted:

man, speaking of humor that just does not hold up

That's why Barkley 2 won't have jokes.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
were joke's outlawed, too

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

this is what would happen if I kickstarted a game

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

nopantsjack posted:

this is what would happen if I kickstarted a game

Nothing good. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pym0DJ9VzxU

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe

i wish MDE got the money for that lol

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Will Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2 be on the Nintendo NX?

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin

BillmasterCozb posted:

Will Shut Up and Jam Gaiden 2 be on the Nintendo NX?

It is exclusive to the Virtual Boy

It's how Iwata would have wanted it

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Convex posted:

What if Space Jam 2 comes out before then and makes the first game non canon? What then??

It's still canon, you just need to... adjust.

Time is a slippery beast that snaps you on the butt with a towel with little provocation.

Norris Duncan
Aug 27, 2007
Of course it's taking forever to come out, have you seen the part where Frankie is drawing dialogue animations for every NPC with dialogue? Everything they've said they want to put into the game sounds great, and if the finished product is anything like what they've been talking about then it will be pretty amazing.

At least so far we know the animation's look amazing, and the different kinds of guns look like they'd be fun to play with so far. TOG has some really good ideas and I'm willing to wait if it means the game is going to be good.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Convex posted:

Space Jam 2 takes place in the same alternate timeline as the sequel to the original Barkley Shut Up and Jam, in which the B-Ballpolcalypse never happened.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:16 on Aug 12, 2016

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

#ImAToGCitizen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

BiggerJ posted:

Space Jam 2 takes place in the same alternate timeline as the sequel to the original Barkley Shut Up and Jam, in which the B-Ballpolcalypse never happened.
GamePro gave the game a mixed review, saying that the graphics and animations are drastically improved over the original Barkley, the tournament mode is "a worthy challenge for veteran b-ball gamers", and the gameplay is complex, but that "the action stays at relatively the same pace throughout the game" and in single player mode the computer partner AI often fails to cooperate with the player's attempts at teamwork.

better watch out ToGsters, GamePro will be mad if hou don't deliver differing paces of action! :ohdear: