Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
4.5 billion is still impressive. Remember that when Trump claimed 10 billion, he was including a bunch of wacky stuff like saying that the name "Trump" itself was an asset worth a billion dollars.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LongSack
Jan 17, 2003

Сука блядь!

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

That report's name? Albert Trumpstein

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Only 4.5 billion? Sad!

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Patter Song posted:

4.5 billion is still impressive. Remember that when Trump claimed 10 billion, he was including a bunch of wacky stuff like saying that the name "Trump" itself was an asset worth a billion dollars.

3 billion*

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
wow what a pauper
*im* worth that along with my house on a country club and my JD and my 140 IQ test

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I would've expected about $1 billion.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

iirc he literally said his worth is whatever he feels it is on that given day

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

triple sulk posted:

iirc he literally said his worth is whatever he feels it is on that given day

yes he claimed his brand is worth 3 billion, but it depends on how he feels about things

just lmao

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

if he's got 4 and a half billion he really should have spent a couple dozen mil on a decent gotv operation

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

This almost makes me think he's seen internal/campaign polls of Texas that shows a tie/Clinton winning and wants to at least try to keep Texas red. It's too dumb/desperate to be a properly strategic move. I mean, he's a Bush, but still. On its face this move makes 0 sense.

But he's now a guy named George Bush who once endorsed Donald Trump, so he's DQed from the Presidency going forward, which is nice.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

This almost makes me think he's seen internal/campaign polls of Texas that shows a tie/Clinton winning and wants to at least try to keep Texas red. It's too dumb/desperate to be a properly strategic move. I mean, he's a Bush, but still. On its face this move makes 0 sense.

But he's now a guy named George Bush who once endorsed Donald Trump, so he's DQed from the Presidency going forward, which is nice.

Try thinking like a complete idiot, it's a perfect strategic move in that context.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Cigar Aficionado posted:

Clinton winning Texas is real and people need to start accepting it

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/gop-senator-why-i-cannot-support-trump/2016/08/08/821095be-5d7e-11e6-9d2f-b1a3564181a1_story.html

This is pretty huge. I've never seen a sitting senator denounce support for their own party's candidate. Is this unprecedented? I mean I doubt it because few things in this world are unprecedented but it's still loving crazy.

Edit: duh forgot about cruz and all the rest. Still though. Throw another on the pile.

Trillhouse fucked around with this message at 06:30 on Aug 9, 2016

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
4.5 billion, eh? The really cool owner of my local football team--- who is a Muslim named Khan--- is richer than that. Step it up, Donald.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Yinlock posted:

Try thinking like a complete idiot, it's a perfect strategic move in that context.

"Hey even though I'm just a state land commissioner and by far the best move for my future political career is to just say absolutely nothing, I'm going to decide to endorse the most reviled Presidential candidate in history who's down 10 points or more and imploding and isn't a Republican and isn't even running a real campaign and completely poo poo on my dad and said my uncle did 9/11".

Yeah checks out.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

Trillhouse posted:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/gop-senator-why-i-cannot-support-trump/2016/08/08/821095be-5d7e-11e6-9d2f-b1a3564181a1_story.html

This is pretty huge. I've never seen a sitting senator denounce support for their own party's candidate. Is this unprecedented? I mean I doubt it because few things in this world are unprecedented but it's still loving crazy.

Edit: duh forgot about cruz and all the rest. Still though. Throw another on the pile.
Lindsey Graham was first on board the NeverTrump train.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Transcription errors can be a bitch.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/brokencountry1/status/762811442848342016

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i'm the benghazi toes

Kalman
Jan 17, 2010

Trillhouse posted:

Zell Miller in 2004.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I don't think it's too crazy for George P. Bush to endorse Trump. The vast majority of Republicans will be in a similar boat as him once Trump loses, saying they did their duty for the party and respected the will of their voters. It's too late for Jeb's career but they might not want the Bush family to get too caught up in the inevitable Dolschtosslegende that'll emerge concerning why Trump lost - Cruz might take that gamble for his "I was right" campaign of 2020, as is his style, but the Bushes are probably looking for a way to preserve their dynasty. It's kind of an odd time to be endorsing though after such a tough week, the convention might've made more sense.

Trump as a problem for the Republicans may sort of resemble the Iraq war vote for the Democrats, where short-term it's very hard to go against the prevailing mood even if it's easy to see how it might end in disaster and you definitely don't want to be on the outside if it turns out they were right, so nominally savy politicians who know better are endorsing a bad idea and will spend the rest of their careers explaining it.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

yeah but trump humiliated his dad repeatedly and took a lot of joy in doing so.

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.

Dolash posted:

I don't think it's too crazy for George P. Bush to endorse Trump. The vast majority of Republicans will be in a similar boat as him once Trump loses, saying they did their duty for the party and respected the will of their voters. It's too late for Jeb's career but they might not want the Bush family to get too caught up in the inevitable Dolschtosslegende that'll emerge concerning why Trump lost - Cruz might take that gamble for his "I was right" campaign of 2020, as is his style, but the Bushes are probably looking for a way to preserve their dynasty. It's kind of an odd time to be endorsing though after such a tough week, the convention might've made more sense.

Trump as a problem for the Republicans may sort of resemble the Iraq war vote for the Democrats, where short-term it's very hard to go against the prevailing mood even if it's easy to see how it might end in disaster and you definitely don't want to be on the outside if it turns out they were right, so nominally savy politicians who know better are endorsing a bad idea and will spend the rest of their careers explaining it.

I agree that Trump will go down as the Republicans' version of the Democrat's Iraq war vote, in that it will be very hard if not impossible to shake it off for anyone who endorsed Trump going forward in their careers, especially in the short term (2-4 years from now).

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Lol I like Hillary more than most liberals and this is still real funny

the talent deficit
Dec 20, 2003

self-deprecation is a very british trait, and problems can arise when the british attempt to do so with a foreign culture

a dog from hell posted:

Because the wealthy evade taxes? It's really not hard to put this one together.

he campaigned on knowing all the loopholes and how to close them, so it's not this. if he made a billion and paid zero in taxes he'd be going over them line by line in his stump speech

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Trillhouse posted:

Ego-bot posted:

Lindsey Graham was first on board the NeverTrump train.

There's also Mark Kirk and Ben Sasse.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Cigar Aficionado posted:

I agree that Trump will go down as the Republicans' version of the Democrat's Iraq war vote, in that it will be very hard if not impossible to shake it off for anyone who endorsed Trump going forward in their careers, especially in the short term (2-4 years from now).

another step in Ted Cruz's master plan

EDIT: i'm surprised Graham went NeverTrump, this kind of aggressive stupidity seems right up his alley

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Yinlock posted:

another step in Ted Cruz's master plan

EDIT: i'm surprised Graham went NeverTrump, this kind of aggressive stupidity seems right up his alley

He prefers civilized stupidity and only wants to invade the middle East not glass it

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Oh lord there's another one?

We're going to have to put up with this one in 10-20 years, won't we?

MaxNV
Jan 3, 2011

The horse race is dead! Long live the trumpster fire!

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
There's an 80% chance that Trump's hiding the return because he paid shockingly low amount, either because he's not rich or tax evasion or both.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Jewel Repetition posted:

There's an 80% chance that Trump's hiding the return because he paid shockingly low amount, either because he's not rich or tax evasion or both.

I'm hoping we find out he's dumb enough to hide money in Russia

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
The only thing that would be shocking to me is that he paid a lot of taxes.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

the paradigm shift posted:

He prefers civilized stupidity and only wants to invade the middle East not glass it
Yeah Graham doesn't hate Muslims on principle, he just wants to invade all their countries and replace all their governments so they can be good democratic citizens of the world instead of religious barbarians

Axeface
Feb 28, 2009

He Who Walks
Behind The Aisles

Jewel Repetition posted:

Reliable sources, and I won't say who, but reliable sources, they're saying it's because he donates a million dollars to NAMBLA every Christmas.

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Booyah- posted:

Lol I like Hillary more than most liberals and this is still real funny

drat I looked it up and this guy isn't being ironic either lmao

If only Scott Adams were this funny

BEAR GRYLLZ
Jul 30, 2006

I have strong erections for Israel.
Strong, pathetic erections.

Jewel Repetition posted:

or because of the deductions from his large donations to NAMBLA

not going to drop this until we get some answers in the form of his full and uncensored tax returns. these questions are being asked by many people, bigly amounts of people, and Trump isn't responding

very suspicious imo

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Bakanogami posted:

Oh lord there's another one?

We're going to have to put up with this one in 10-20 years, won't we?

I'm fairly sure the Bush family is politically dead on the national stage.

George P. has the legacy of his uncle's Presidency and his father's embarrassing defeat to deal with. He might be Texas Governor in 10 years though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

OhFunny posted:

I'm fairly sure the Bush family is politically dead on the national stage.

George P. has the legacy of his uncle's Presidency and his father's embarrassing defeat to deal with. He might be Texas Governor in 10 years though.
You forgot: his father's defeat by maybe the weakest candidate his party has ever produced.

• Locked thread