Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the Summer Transfers
This poll is closed.
Your dad's dick 46 21.50%
Manchesters 20 9.35%
ITK Taff 51 23.83%
What's his name 72 33.64%
London 25 11.68%
Total: 214 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Pogba to United is finally a done deal

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...campaign=ManUtd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
drat the traffordcast is gonna be spicy this week

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->
he'll leave in 2 years

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.

beedeebee posted:

In news that no-one but me probably cares about : Laurent Depoitre allegedly signed a deal with Porto.

Is he good? Never heard of him

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Has Wenger signed anyone yet

Wait, I already know the answer, it's Gabriel and Per in October or November

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Somewhere Angel di Maria is slowly shaking his head.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Can't wait until Pogba comes back to Juve on a free when he's 32.

E: might as well keep my av until then

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.

vyelkin posted:

Somewhere Angel di Maria is slowly shaking his head.
...why?

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
*in United fan voice* The fates of the league winners are written in the stars. We are powerless in this world to affect what the Gods have deemed is just. All money is meaningless and our wanton obscene spending of it hastens our journey towards acceptance of this reality. And the next time you are painting your house, buy Kansai Paint, official paint partner of Manchester United.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I'm glad Financial Fair Play was instituted to prevent terrible situations and hashtags like #Pogback from occurring.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

I hope he's a big time fail.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
I Hope he's twice the failure of Torres, plus an Andy Carroll and Shevchenko.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

sticksy posted:

I'm glad Financial Fair Play was instituted to prevent terrible situations and hashtags like #Pogback from occurring.

I think you will find that with the latest broadcast deal it is almost impossible for a premiership club to fail FFP criteria.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
United sign a midfielder who looked awesome in Italy!

EC10
Jan 17, 2005

We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like Nin-po-po
We like NIN---PO!
prediction: messi or ronaldo will get signed by someone in the premier league next summer

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Is he good? Never heard of him

He was very good in the Jupiler Pro League. But he also wrecked some defenders in the Champions League. Most notably against Valencia, and that's why Nuno bought him (he was the Valencia coach that season). Depoitre is big and strong, but he's also fast and has lots of technique. The only reason why he stayed in Belgium until now is that he first finished his engineer degree at the university and then started focusing completely on football.
Also his girlfriend is hot.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

Kwagga posted:

*in United fan voice* The fates of the league winners are written in the stars. We are powerless in this world to affect what the Gods have deemed is just. All money is meaningless and our wanton obscene spending of it hastens our journey towards acceptance of this reality. And the next time you are painting your house, buy Kansai Paint, official paint partner of Manchester United.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Kwagga posted:

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Kwagga posted:

Lot 49
Dec 7, 2007

I'll do anything
For my sweet sixteen
I think United should be challenging for the league. However I've thought this basically every year since forever so it doesn't really mean much.

Anyway Pogba owns and I'm super excited about seeing him kick a football around some grass in England.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2017/clubs/club=52919/squad/index.html

Hmmm John Stones seems to be registered at City...

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

julian assflange posted:

I'd have preferred a right back actually...

I guess the assumption is that Shaw will be fit and the main selection so there's no point in making a marquee signing for that position. Of course if that doesn't pan out, the alternatives are terrifying.

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

Der Shovel posted:

I guess the assumption is that Shaw will be fit and the main selection so there's no point in making a marquee signing for that position. Of course if that doesn't pan out, the alternatives are terrifying.

Shaw is a left back op

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

chuggo is BACK posted:

Shaw is a left back op

I will never live this down.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

A lot of United supporters outing themselves as big loving stupid baby-faced idiot bitches robocops in the last few pages, OP

chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014
John Stones has been named in city's champions league squad

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

chuggo is BACK posted:

John Stones has been named in city's champions league squad

Awkward.

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

But we've always known Chuggo was robocop

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
brendan galloway is probably joining newcastle on loan with a permanent transfer after

glad i won't have to see dummett be poo poo at left back

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
I loving love Pogba. The youth team he played in was probably the only one at United Ive ever watched regularly and he always stood out in games, the midfield of him and Morrison was fully sick. I always thought Pogba, Will Keane and Morrison would be the three to make it from that team but Keanes been massively unlucky with injuries,Morrison is a head case, but I'm glad Pogbas back and cant wait

Can't believe we are gonna win the league.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Everton have just added £5m to City's bill.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

The Big Taff Man posted:

I loving love Pogba. The youth team he played in was probably the only one at United Ive ever watched regularly and he always stood out in games, the midfield of him and Morrison was fully sick. I always thought Pogba, Will Keane and Morrison would be the three to make it from that team but Keanes been massively unlucky with injuries,Morrison is a head case, but I'm glad Pogbas back and cant wait

Source
Your
Quotes

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches
If City sign Stones theyve spent more than us and finised above us last year so I dont think we are necessarily favourites!

Kwagga
Jun 11, 2002

I am small
Looks like City is the only team in Manchester with any stones at all....

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Is this the thread where we laugh heartily a united spending nearly one hundred million pounds on a player they let go on a free?

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

The Big Taff Man posted:

If only Ferguson wasn't as retarded as you Taff

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Bape Culture posted:

loving gently caress off. Man Utd may as well go play in the fuckin mls

they are registered on the NYSE so should be anyway

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I wonder how much higher the youth player maximum wage is now than it was when Sir Alex Fergietime refused to exceed it.

TelekineticBear!
Feb 19, 2009

Stones is bloody awful lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

TelekineticBear! posted:

Stones is bloody awful lol

he might improve now he's not managed by martinez

sissoko is going to play in the championship and get booed by newcastle supporters all season because nobody wants him and he's constantly talking about leaving

• Locked thread