Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Lonk posted:

For Harambe.

Also gently caress torches forever.

Please don't ask me how loving long that took.

:laffo: holy poo poo Lonk

e: let's celebrate on a new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

With the current american candidates, I don't think there is a better time then this year for another Evon Gnashblade vs Ellen election

Unfortunately the GW2 playerbase already chose the incompetent buffoon in the office. (I, of course, voted for Evon.)

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007
I hope a giant crab destroys this country.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Uuuugh, the Human heavy T3 pants clip through everything but the clunkiest boots. I'm getting reeeeeal mad!

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

Inzombiac posted:

Uuuugh, the Human heavy T3 pants clip through everything but the clunkiest boots. I'm getting reeeeeal mad!

Hello fellow logan cosplayer :swoon:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hello fellow logan cosplayer :swoon:

He's becoming a very pretty boy now that I have the LS1 dragon helm going for me.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016
I need gold.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

What're you going to do for it?
:wink::wink:

I'm starting to form a new Guardian build because I don't have Dragon Hunter yet.
It's called "Furious Meditation" and it's all about using your inner-peace to set fools on fire.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

Took me a sec. Lol

Delizin
Nov 9, 2005

It may not be interracial, but it is black and white.
Started playing this game a couple weeks ago with some friends. Been mostly doing WvW and PvP with a bit of PvE to make money. So far I've got two level 80 combat ready chars and have gotten pretty good at PvP. Out of my last 10 games I've won 9 of them. Most games I'm getting between 15-25 kills. Right now we are running with a meditrapper dragon hunter (me), a scrapper engi and a support elementalist.

Since the PVP league is starting tomorrow I'm hoping to get together a full team for some matches. We are currently on Fergusen's Crossing if that matters. We are generally around during the evenings EST time.
Just hit me up in game on Delizin.1642 if you'd like to play together.

I'm also applying for the goon guild and will try to find some interested people there as well.

lucifirius
Mar 7, 2016

Delizin posted:

Since the PVP league is starting tomorrow I'm hoping to get together a full team for some matches. We are currently on Fergusen's Crossing if that matters. We are generally around during the evenings EST time.
Just hit me up in game on Delizin.1642 if you'd like to play together.

I'm also applying for the goon guild and will try to find some interested people there as well.

For sPvP you don't need to be on the same world to team up, that's only for WvW.

Inzombiac posted:

What're you going to do for it?
:wink::wink:

I dunno, probably run fractals and dungeons. I don't know them well enough to lead them though, and I hate pugs so I need goons to carry me guide me through them.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.
Haven't played since just before HoT launched - was it well received? I dropped back to my 41 warrior and did some of the story around the fields of Ruin, drat this game is well made.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Lord Twisted posted:

Haven't played since just before HoT launched - was it well received? I dropped back to my 41 warrior and did some of the story around the fields of Ruin, drat this game is well made.

HoT had a bit of a mixed reception, but eventually there was a patch that fixed everyone's major beefs with it. Goon consensus is "it good" I think.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Sweet. Still a lot of goons playing? I'm considering doing some sort of server transfer to play with certified cool dudes (tm). My RL friends don't play this any more.

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Lord Twisted posted:

Sweet. Still a lot of goons playing? I'm considering doing some sort of server transfer to play with certified cool dudes (tm). My RL friends don't play this any more.

You don't have to switch server to play with people except for wvw or if you're currently on a European server. There are things called megaservers now which smoosh you all together in one map.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Nice. I'm not sure what server I'm on, I'll have to look it up after work and then post.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
It would be really good if the OP was updated to provide information on how the game and its goon population is these days, but alas :haw:

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

but where's Nt Doom?

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Kerrrrrrr posted:

but where's Nt Doom?

Died in 2004.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

nesaM killed Masen

orcane posted:

It would be really good if the OP was updated to provide information on how the game and its goon population is these days, but alas :haw:

No? It's up to date, looking at the edit dates, and no one reads it anyways.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

I got Advanced Gliding last night and now I feel like the goddamn king of the skies.

You all weren't kidding about how much XP Bloodstone Fen throws at you. Just two days ago all I had was updrafts.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

CLAM DOWN posted:

There's a smiley for this but I can't find it, someone help please...

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Harrow posted:

I got Advanced Gliding last night and now I feel like the goddamn king of the skies.

You all weren't kidding about how much XP Bloodstone Fen throws at you. Just two days ago all I had was updrafts.

The new map is very obviously designed to let people who were behind on their masteries catch up with the rest of the population. That's a great thing.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kessel posted:

The new map is very obviously designed to let people who were behind on their masteries catch up with the rest of the population. That's a great thing.

Speaking of catching up: is ascended armor ever worth it? I've got a couple of ascended weapons, a full set of ascended rings/trinkets/amulet, and I'm close to an ascended backpack. I've read a few times that ascended armor makes the least difference of any slot (or, at least, about the same amount of difference as accessories/backpiece but much more expensive). Is it worth getting for any reason other than someone just wanting another thing to build up to?

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
Five loving legendaries!

New one is all sparky and glowy on Redmanred and Blunder Red.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

CLAM DOWN posted:

Uh... when I started getting back into the game I referenced the OP a dozen times for links and information so: in your face

Nektu
Jul 4, 2007

FUKKEN FUUUUUUCK
Cybernetic Crumb

Harrow posted:

Speaking of catching up: is ascended armor ever worth it? I've got a couple of ascended weapons, a full set of ascended rings/trinkets/amulet, and I'm close to an ascended backpack. I've read a few times that ascended armor makes the least difference of any slot (or, at least, about the same amount of difference as accessories/backpiece but much more expensive). Is it worth getting for any reason other than someone just wanting another thing to build up to?
Its not worth it for stats but it allows you to get enough agony resistance to do the high-leel fractals.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
New updated today?

GW2 Patch Notes for the August 9 Game Update.

08/09/2016 – August 09 Release Notes
WORLD POLISH

Plains of Ashford
Fixed an issue that could prevent the “Lure out devourers to get at their eggs” event from starting.
Drottot Lashtail will now have a merchant icon when selling the Recipe: Drottot’s Poached Eggs item.
Sparkfly Fen
An access point for Tequatl’s Watery Grave will appear after Tequatl has been defeated. It will stay open for fifteen minutes and is located off the coast, southwest of Fabled Djannor.
Bloodstone Fen
The Legendary Unbound Guardian’s Counter Magic mechanic now also doubles condition damage.
Bloodstone slivers have scattered across Tyria.
FRACTALS

Chaos Isles
Randomized the Chaos Anomaly’s target selection for Flux Bomb.
The Flame Devourers will now disappear when all the bonfires are lit.
Relocated the Mistlock Singularity for the “Defeat the mysterious asura’s agent” event to be more accessible.
Falling off of the platform while the “Defeat the mysterious asura’s agent” event is active will now teleport characters onto the platform instead of to the checkpoint location.
The Brazen Gladiator now spends less time trying to follow minions, illusions, or pets.
Fixed a bug that prevented Fractal Avengers from triggering.
Fixed a bug in which the Chaos Isles fractal would not increment the Fractal Frequenter or Daily Fractals achievements.
Snowblind
Fixed a bug that prevented Fractal Avengers from triggering.
Swampland
Fixed a bug in which Bloomhunger could take damage from conditions while in Spirit Ward.
Fixed a bug in which the wisps would not reset properly upon party defeat.
The “Kill Bloomhunger” event will now restart from the beginning after party defeat.
Players are now forced into combat while in Bloomhunger’s arena during the “Kill Bloomhunger” event.
The tunnel gate now closes when the “Kill Bloomhunger” event is active.
Thaumanova Reactor
Fixed a bug in which players could rally off of their miniatures in the Superheated Room.
PROFESSION SKILLS

Warrior—Vengeance: Fixed a bug that prevented this skill from being displayed in PvP matches.
STRUCTURED PLAYER VS. PLAYER

PvP League Season 4 begins on August 9 at 12:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7) and ends on October 3 at 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-7).
Ranked PvP matchmaking has been updated to create the most even matches possible within your pip range.
WORLD VS. WORLD
General

The walls in WvW have been updated to improve performance.
Mortar incendiary effects have been updated to more clearly show the area in which burning is applied.
The mortar incendiary radius has been decreased to 300.
The mortar incendiary radius with the Mortar Mastery ability has been decreased to 360.
The Master of Monuments achievement has been renamed “Daily WvW Master of Monuments.”
Alpine

Med Kits have been added to sentries.
The portals to Eternal Battlegrounds and other borderlands have been adjusted so that teleportation does not occur when players walk close to their sides.
Beta
Siege Repair Hammers are now in beta!
Siege Repair Hammers are a new consumable that may be purchased from the Tricks and Traps vendor. They allow players to repair all siege weapons as long as they have supply, and the hammers work with the Repair Master ability line.
We will be looking for feedback on the repair hammers on our forums and will be holding a follow-up poll to determine if they should become a permanent feature of the game.
In the event that repair hammers are officially added, the following changes would be made:

A new pip would be added to the Repair Master ability line that would allow players to purchase repair hammers.
Badges of honor would be added to the cost of the repair hammer.

BLACK LION TRADING COMPANY GEM STORE
New Items and Promotions

A new Bloodstone Dye Pack containing six exclusive colors is now available in the Special category of the Gem Store for 125 gems.
The Toxic Mantle and Toxic Gloves are available with a 20% discount for a limited time at 320 gems each, found in the Style category of the Gem Store.
Crystallized Magic no longer drops from Black Lion Chests.
Improvements

The Black Lion Trading Company has hired additional aestheticians for the Havoc’s Heir airship, the Royal Terrace, and all cities. Aestheticians allow players to preview new hairstyles, faces, and other appearance details without needing to own a Total Makeover Kit. In order to confirm any changes, players must have a Total Makeover Kit in their inventory.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Nektu posted:

Its not worth it for stats but it allows you to get enough agony resistance to do the high-leel fractals.

Is full ascended armor necessary for high-level agony resist, or does it just make it easier?

nickhimself posted:

The Black Lion Trading Company has hired additional aestheticians for the Havoc’s Heir airship, the Royal Terrace, and all cities. Aestheticians allow players to preview new hairstyles, faces, and other appearance details without needing to own a Total Makeover Kit. In order to confirm any changes, players must have a Total Makeover Kit in their inventory.

Oh, that's really nice. I was just wishing for that earlier this week.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/4wx10a/datamining_upcoming_features_from_the_august_9/

Buy More Gems, Dude

Blasphemeral
Jul 26, 2012

Three mongrel men in exchange for a party member? I found that one in the Faustian Bargain Bin.

TBF, at the time you were a flying type Pokemon.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH
i want that longbow

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Harrow posted:

Is full ascended armor necessary for high-level agony resist, or does it just make it easier?

You pretty much need it. Trinkets & accessories will get you pretty far, but eventually you need the infusion slots.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Agony_Resistance

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Yeah, that storm bow is sweet and my new Druid will have it.

kiffkin
Feb 13, 2007

Fool! Women called Nyla are always spies!

thanks alot assbag posted:

i want that longbow

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

So I guess this LS season isn't going with the biweekly episode schedule?

Booooooooooo

Fake edit:

lol

quote:

Living World Season 3 episodes will release every 2–3 months.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'm just hoping that bow won't be a legendary. At this point I'd be willing to convert some gems into gold to get it.

• Locked thread