Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Geostomp posted:

Well, Sandshrew has been said to have different stats, so it's possible the others will get some rearrangements to that could really improve them without changing their totals.

ninetales is already 40 times better by having an amazing offensive typing and being generally the most beautiful pupper I've ever seen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

Silver Falcon posted:

This got buried in the CoroCoro stuff, but does it specify happiness or Pokemon Amie affection? Which one did you do? Try the other one?

He's specifically worried about Uxie, who is a pain. If the current time isn't working for you, then use the in-game time: if it looks like it's sunset/dusk, then that's the time Uxie is available. It is only one hour out of the whole day, which is definitely annoying.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I literally said "Alolan Meowth when" yesterday and not even in like a serious tone. What the gently caress

I really love Bewear's prevo though, and the sandcastle Pokémon are similarly awesome

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So what's the sandcastle's name and Beware's pre evo?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Golden Goat posted:

So what's the sandcastle's name and Beware's pre evo?

panquake and uh. cubbles

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

oddium posted:

panquake and uh. cubbles

I'm sorry I can't trust you.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

A Literal Sandcastle is the coolest pokemon

Ruggington posted:

ninetales is already 40 times better by having an amazing offensive typing and being generally the most beautiful pupper I've ever seen

Alolan ninetales is weak to actual ninetales and this confuses me (Also 4x weak to steel lol)

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

I'm rusty but I think that the evolved castle's name is Shirodesuna, which is a fantastic pun that could be read as shiro de suna (castle of sand) or shiro desu na (it's a castle, isn't it?).

CastleNaught

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I dont like changing Meowth but the other stuff is cool

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Alolan ninetales is weak to actual ninetales and this confuses me

Alola Sandslash is 2x weak to Kanto Sandslash
Alola Marowak is 2x weak to Kanto Marowak

less laughter fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Aug 9, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Aside from being 50% sassier looking Alola Meowth just looks like a quick recolor to me and I don't think that sassiness will translate into the 3D model version.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

less laughter posted:

Alola Sandslash is 4x weak to Kanto Sandslash
Alola Marowak is 4x weak to Kanto Marowak

Isn't it 2 weak for Marowak?

Also I thought Alola sandshrew looks the same but the tiles on its skin are slightly raised and turn it into a tiny little igloo :3:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Isn't it 2 weak for Marowak?

Oh right, sorry.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
drat it, this gen has so many good Pokemon, it's going to be impossible to just pick 6.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

less laughter posted:

Alola Sandslash is 4x weak to Kanto Sandslash
It is?
But I thought Ground was just x2 against Ice/Steel?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Golden Goat posted:

It is?

Less laughter is trolling, nobody is that stupid.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Good, nothing will stop my igloo baby unless it's Fire or Fighting cause then he's loving dead.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Golden Goat posted:

It is?

I made a mistake, it's 4x weak to Fire and Fighting rather than Ground.

VaultAggie posted:

drat it, this gen has so many good Pokemon, it's going to be impossible to just pick 6.

Let's hope the Exp. Share is the same as in XY, so we won't have to limit ourselves.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Aug 9, 2016

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Golden Goat posted:

Aside from being 50% sassier looking Alola Meowth just looks like a quick recolor to me and I don't think that sassiness will translate into the 3D model version.

i'm not 100% on it but i'm going to use that beautiful russian blue baby

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Where can I see all the Aloha forms?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

So far I want
- That school of fish thing
- Beware
- Sandcastle
- Rockdog

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Where can I see all the Aloha forms?

serebii has them

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
From the page linked above:

quote:

Alolan Marowak developed in response to its natural predators in order to resist them.

Ground is weak to grass and ice while fire/ghost resists them both, so I wonder who the predators are?

Hardcordion fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Aug 9, 2016

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Roaming Ninetails

Ninetails killed cubone's mother.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

ah, ok, for some reason I thought more had come to light

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I mean dying is still a response to predators, marowak just stuck around

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
So people seem to be saying I can still do the Mew glitch in yellow as long as there is some trainer in the world that walks up to you from long range, and I face the correct ditto to get the right special stat.

I can't find any info about this online, could someone elaborate or link to a guide?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I LOVE THE SANDCASTLE POKEMON

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

We need an Alola form Muk that's made of lava instead of sludge.

Oyster
Nov 11, 2005

I GOT FLAT FEET JUST LIKE MY HERO MEGAMAN
Total Clam

greatn posted:

So people seem to be saying I can still do the Mew glitch in yellow as long as there is some trainer in the world that walks up to you from long range, and I face the correct ditto to get the right special stat.

I can't find any info about this online, could someone elaborate or link to a guide?

It's harder in Yellow due to the location of Dittos.

If you'd like to only use one trainer, I suggest using the one east of Fuschia, right where the route turns north. Trigger him from off-screen, fly back to Fuschia, change boxes at a PC, restart the game, go to the Warden's house, use strength on the boulder in there, fly to Cinnabar, fight a Ditto, have it transform, kill it or run away, use an escape rope, fly back to Fuschia, walk east. The start screen will pop up. Press start. The pokemon that will appear will have the index number of the special stat the pokemon the ditto transformed into. Here's a full list: http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%C3%A9mon_by_index_number_(Generation_I)

It's easier in Red/Blue because Ditto is on that same route east of Fuschia instead of the basement of the loving Pokémon Mansion. I have a full living dex in red by doing this.

Edit: Note that the index wraps around at 255. If you want a Rhydon out of it for whatever reason you'd need a special stat of 256.

Oyster fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Aug 9, 2016

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

OH MY GOD A loving SANDCASTLE GHOST

also the fish sub mob is cool, sassy meowth is cool, fire-eater marowak is cool, mini hugbear is :3:

Also the predators of marowak are team rocket so I guess Alolawak marowhacked them

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

also I have to do a bear team run at some point now

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i can finally catch the pokemon tower marowak, dreams do come true

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Captain Fargle posted:

Or water, like Alex Mack.

less laughter fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Aug 9, 2016

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Hardcordion posted:

From the page linked above:

Ground is weak to grass and ice while fire/ghost resists them both, so I wonder who the predators are?

Abamasnow is more aggressive than you think.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Captain Fargle posted:

For your eyes only:

Alola Muk (Fire)

Alola Nosepass (Grass/Ghost)

Alola Huntail (Water/Fairy, has Cute Charm)

Alola Jynx + Gurdurr (Both are Rock/Fighting)

Alola Unown (Psychic/Fairy I guess??)

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

:stare:

Aren't those pretty dangerous?

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

QuasiQuack posted:

:stare:

Aren't those pretty dangerous?

Yes they have two sets of jaws perfectly designed to bite off fingers

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

But he's so cute! :3:

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Golden Goat posted:

But he's so cute! :3:

I agree :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Is that a Moray Eel? I love those goofy guys

Also I am glad that Pokemon That Are Things is still in, what with that sandcastle

• Locked thread