Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Skuto posted:

They won a major so...

Appears to have gone off of the deep end now though.

envy happened to be on a team that won a major, correct. w33ha and misery won the major though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.

botany posted:

envy happened to be on a team that won a major, correct. w33ha and misery won the major though.

Come on now if there's anything I've learned from dota forums it's that it's impossible to win if your teammates hold you back.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

EternalEnvy is well known for his excellent hand-eye co-ordination and decision making skills

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

EE is a weird dude who seems annoying to be around and has an annoying voice but I think it's at least hard to argue that he's always been bad, considering the results his c9 teams achieved even with some rosters that were pretty mediocre

ElNarez
Nov 4, 2009
The thing about EE is that the current level of play in the pro scene and the way the game works now means the kind of mistakes he makes (and, let's face it, that he always made, he's not gotten better since the c9 days) are punished super harshly. Which is good, the game is maybe the most fun to watch that it's ever been, but it does tend to make EE look that much worse.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

EE is what happens when you let a muppet play video games

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Looke posted:

EE is what happens when you let a muppet play video games

haha

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
like i never thought about it that way but i can totally see envy being in an episode of sesame street

i wouldnt even be confused, just "hmm yet, that's bigbird, talking to eternal envy, yep"

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
To be fair to Envy the entire team had to suck rear end to end up in BO1s. I wonder how much suck Kemal will tolerate before he falls out of love with Puppey. Even the remaining Navi fans who can't let go have gotten over the guy for the most part.

Seems like S4 and then Misery really was what made Secret a contender.

botany posted:

PieLieDie's Lion play deserves a ton of credit for turning w33 Invoker into an orbital strike death machine all over the world that also is last hitting creeps in mid. It was like every game they'd launch 30 or 40 sunstrikes and every single one would hit.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Aug 9, 2016

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

todays word of the week is Feed

PieLieDie played pretty solidly IMO,
Arteezy for the most part played pretty well aside from some pretty dumb overextensions
Puppey yeah debatable
EE...
Bulba, lmfao

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
bulba is straight up rear end

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

throwback

https://twitter.com/EternaLEnVy1991/status/629781013770604544

EE's reaction after leaving TI

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
He should be Skeeter because the current Muppets canon has Skeeter as a socially inept genius who still lives with his Mom.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

a cross between Skeeter and Dr Bunsen Honeydew would feel right

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
My entire bracket was wrong save for maybe one BO1 (at work, can't remember), so today you can probably count on Alliance, Newbee, TNC, and LGD to win

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

secret actually owns because every discussion is literally "pick who you like more EE/RTZ, and the other one is the worst player on the team and really holding them back because of their rigid playstyle," pepper that poo poo with a "did bulba even play that game??" and "pupper is washed up man!!" its just like, those 4 points being shouted into the void for all eternity.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

emdash posted:

My entire bracket was wrong save for maybe one BO1 (at work, can't remember), so today you can probably count on Alliance, Newbee, TNC, and LGD to win

actually OG being lower bracket is so far the only thing i got wrong :smug:

edit: let's not talk about fantasy points though because yesterday was brutal on that front

botany fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Aug 9, 2016

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Secret owns because trainwrecks are really entertaining to watch

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

botany posted:

edit: let's not talk about fantasy points though because yesterday was brutal on that front

i got like half of what i got every other day yesterday lmfao. im betting it all on ehome today but im sure alliance are gonna gently caress them in the rear end after how yesterday went for me.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Andrast posted:

Secret owns because trainwrecks are really entertaining to watch

You root for teams to lose not for the other team to win

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Yo I forgot this started today, what have I missed so far? Any good games to watch? Working and living in a poo poo time zone makes watching this thing impossible.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Spudd posted:

Yo I forgot this started today, what have I missed so far? Any good games to watch? Working and living in a poo poo time zone makes watching this thing impossible.

Secret vs LGD was pretty amazing in the end, regardless of your opinion of Secret I think

OG vs MVP games 1 and 3 were hype as hell

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

emdash posted:

Secret vs LGD was pretty amazing in the end, regardless of your opinion of Secret I think

OG vs MVP games 1 and 3 were hype as hell

Thanks!

Anything else interesting happen between games?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Spudd posted:

Thanks!

Anything else interesting happen between games?

Probably should watch the wings games, since those guys are something else. TNC vs vgr was good, fnatic vs escape was just an easy stomp for fnatic. The only time escape looked good was for maybe about 1 team fight. It was just an awful draft. Kuroky basically won liquid the game with his BH by creating so much space for the naga.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Wings 2nd game v DC was amazing

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Watch the draft of Wings vs DC game 2.

Quincy Smallvoice
Mar 18, 2006

Bitches leave

Ragingsheep posted:

Watch the draft of Wings vs DC game 2.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

i am not afraid to say that as a grown man watching that draft, i pissed my pants when the picks came

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

I want to see Wings continue to pick heroes that haven't been played this TI.

And win.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Stop, stop. I can only be so excited while watching Secret get ownd thoroughly.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

what has yet to be picked?

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
more importantly, what has only been picked by wings?

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Looke posted:

not picked or banned: Bloodseeker, Jakiro, Leshrac, Lina, Treant, Visage

I think that's it!

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Looke posted:

treant, jakiro, and lina, arc warden, necro (was banned)

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

gabe is personally bribing teams to pick so they can get that sweet "every hero picked" marketing opportunity

Ragingsheep
Nov 7, 2009
Wings is going to be in the finals and they'll pick Pitlord.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

they are going to pick techies and then suddenly the stadium goes all dark and fireworks blast out of the floor before pitlord revealing himself as the actual pick

also i am surprised at no lina pick

what happened to visage since TI5, he was picked quite a bit then

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Looke posted:

they are going to pick techies and then suddenly the stadium goes all dark and fireworks blast out of the floor before pitlord revealing himself as the actual pick

also i am surprised at no lina pick

what happened to visage since TI5, he was picked quite a bit then

Birds take three hits to die these days, which makes it super difficult to not feed the other team several hundred gold over the course of the game

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

oh that sucks, i enjoyed playing it for like that one patch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

:911:

• Locked thread