Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Verranicus posted:

Genji needs a nerf.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

As a scrub-teir potato who doesn't deserve to have an opinion about anything, I feel like his slash-dash and ninja stars could get a modest bump at the expense of his ult being slightly less retard town.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
CATCHPHRASE
https://gfycat.com/PastelPassionateHeron

I'm your huckleberry
https://gfycat.com/IllustriousTangibleHeterodontosaurus

Also: I've seen people link these directly into their posts, how do you do that?

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man
As long as we're talking about Genji again here are my nerf and buff ideas:

Genji: Decrease his ult by two seconds.
Junkrat: Allow him to deploy two bear traps instead of one.
Mei: Allow her to climb walls.
D.Va: Decrease Defense Matrix charge slightly and increase cooldown by one second.
Winston: Decrease Jump Pack cooldown by one or two seconds.
Sombra: Increase her E ability cooldown by ten seconds.
Zenyatta: Decrease Discord Orb effect to 40% damage instead of 50%.
Bastion: Allow him to drop thermonuclear bomb on the map to kill every enemy and ally, 5 second cooldown.
Symmetra: Increase sentry gun damage 30% on consoles Blizzard you fucks.
Hanzo: Delete from game.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Boogle posted:

CATCHPHRASE

I'm your huckleberry

Also: I've seen people link these directly into their posts, how do you do that?

ew gross lefty

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
This was so funny.

https://gfycat.com/ThirstyDefiantEnglishpointer

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
The only buff Symmetra needs is to make it so her right click orb fires at higher velocity and then rapidly slows down, so you can use it kind of like a shotgun when you get the drop on people.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Symmetra turrets are poo poo. Easily destroyed, take too long to set up six,take too long to setup one, don't do enough damage.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Aug 9, 2016

Grammaton
Feb 3, 2004
Cleric
I got the olympic Selecao outfit for Lucio after two level-ups. I was pretty happy about that. Are the olympic skins easier to get?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
The moment you've all been waiting for!!! Jastiger's revised balance ideas!:

Ana: She's pretty good as is. I don't know why she doesn't slowly regain HP to the same effect like Mercy, but whatever. Maybe give her that after long periods of time?
D.Va: Either her defensive matrix should have its length shortened by the amount of damage taken, or it should have a longer cool down. There is currently no real punishment for using it and it doing nothing as the DVA can just put it back up again. Its a good ability, but should be a bit more strategic instead of just spam and "no one can shoot here forever", especially when combined with her not ever needing to reload.
Genji: Make his reflect no longer reflect energy orbs, rockets, or non-weapon projectiles like Soldiers healing pod. Also his reflect should block things in front of him not everything in a 10 meter radius. Also his ult should just have its length lowered a bit, I"d say 2 seconds or so. I almost feel like he should be slowed by taking consistent damage too. Its sickening to see a good genji run into a team of 6 and still escape unscathed.
Pharah A smidge of armor to prevent being 3 shot, but otherwise OK.
Zenyatta His discord orbs should disappear AS SOON AS YOU BREAK LOS. They shouldn't hang around giving free bonus damage against heroes that have retreated. I really like the idea of them being more effective the more max HP the enemy has. Super effective against roadhog, but maybe not so good wasting it on tracer
Reaper: Why can he grab health packs while invulnerable? Nah take that poo poo away.
Hanzo His scattershot should really not be the insta-kill it is. They should combine scatter shot and recon arrow into the same ability so it recons wherever it scatters. His other arrow should be some kind of crowd control arrow, maybe one that slows the enemy down if they are hit. Maybe disable escape abilities for a few seconds just like Ana's grenade stops healing for a few seconds. I think that would do a lot to make the character useful instead of a huge liability.
RoadHog LIke Genji I think the biggest nerf to him shouldn't be changing his abilities, just making it so they register properly. I've noticed as I and others get better at the game, people get better at dodging his hooks...but they still connect due to the netcode or whatever. More and more his reticule doesn't have to actually be on an enemy and more and more its going through geometry, around corners, or becoming a super extender if the enemy uses an escape ability before the hook lands. It should come out faster, be a hit scan item, no more of this track over a 5 meter space stuff, and if it hits geometry, exceeds the maximum range due to escape, or is otherwise broken by something, it should stop pulling. It should stun, but it shouldn't be pulling people through a labyrinth the way it does now.
TOrbjorn His turret should shoot whoever he is shooting or whoever he marks by hitting by landing a left click shot when a turret is up and upgraded to level 2.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Duck and Cover posted:

Symmetra turrets are poo poo. Easily destroyed, take too long to set up six,take too long to setup one, don't do enough damage.

I'd lower the cooldown time on turret placement, no doubt. I have been melted by a few quality turret setups, they have potential. The teleporter is the main reason I like having a Symmetra.

I'd like a little Pharah buff, some armor sounds good. Disagree on nerfing Reaper and D.Va though.

Heavy Metal fucked around with this message at 05:55 on Aug 9, 2016

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

redweird posted:

The only buff Symmetra needs is to make it so her right click orb fires at higher velocity and then rapidly slows down, so you can use it kind of like a shotgun when you get the drop on people.

I would actually like the opposite. Starts slow builds speed over distance. It could surprise and provide harass. Her chainsaw could slow like her turrets. Make her turrets take less damage when multiple turrets are hit at once (tough one to program) or make them spawn/activate faster.

Discospawn
Mar 3, 2007

Would you approve of Symmetra buffs if it came at the price of reducing how many people she can teleport before her teleporter gets destroyed? Or if it took longer for her to get a Teleporter in the first place?

I feel like a good teleporter is enough of a game changer that you'd have to nerf that before you try to make her more offensive. Of course, teleporters aren't as worthwhile on Offense or KoTH maps, but then you're talking about changing a character's build based on the map type or which side you're on.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

8one6 posted:

Yeah, I'm not going to be able to make it to 50. It looks like unless I can whip myself into a doritos eating MLG twitch streamer pro there's no point to playing ranked.

It's extremely cool seeing utterly defeatist attitudes like these written out

You can do better! You can be better!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Boogle posted:

CATCHPHRASE

I'm your huckleberry

url tags around the direct link to the video. Your links are to a page that contain the video.

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

Discospawn posted:

Would you approve of Symmetra buffs if it came at the price of reducing how many people she can teleport before her teleporter gets destroyed? Or if it took longer for her to get a Teleporter in the first place?

I feel like a good teleporter is enough of a game changer that you'd have to nerf that before you try to make her more offensive. Of course, teleporters aren't as worthwhile on Offense or KoTH maps, but then you're talking about changing a character's build based on the map type or which side you're on.

You can nerf it and it wouldnt matter. Any flanker should be able to find it within seconds and especially in solo queue, no one is gonna protect.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Otisburg posted:

As a scrub-teir potato who doesn't deserve to have an opinion about anything, I feel like his slash-dash and ninja stars could get a modest bump at the expense of his ult being slightly less retard town.

The whole character is poo poo, burn it to the ground and salt the earth.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Jastiger posted:

Nah I said her shield should go down in accordance with the amount of damage/projectiles she absorbs. I think its fair as a PHARAH player lol. But seriously it seems a bit silly to have an ability that is almost always up that can absorb just everything. Especially against a reaper or Pharah or junk rat. She can literally toggle it on long enough to intercept each shot as they come while countering or at the very least completely negating the opposing character almost indefinitely. It needs to have either diminishing returns or a longer CD before toggling on imo.

Toggling it on uses a minimum amount of charge though, it burns a bit more meter than you think.

But yeah sometimes I turn on defense matrix and stand in front of an ulting pharah and think "Lol this should not be working"

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
Gave up on competetive last week. Was 56. jumped to 58 last night solo queing. Wat does it mean when i'm getting 2-3 gold medals every match? Am I performing above my skill rating? I feel like I can hit 60. but I know ill just get stuck on 59.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
Some armor for Pharah sounds good. She feels just slightly too squishy right now.

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe
I've been thinking about Symmetra and here's an idea: teleport is now a normal ability that replaces the armor ability. Ult is kind of like Lucio's ult, but it gives an amount of regenerating armor (25? 50?) rather than degenerating one. The armor stays until the player dies.

The hard light surfaces could also be fun, but they could have so many possibilites to break the maps, unless they make them borderline useless so I don't know.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Laputanmachine posted:

Some armor for Pharah sounds good. She feels just slightly too squishy right now.

Wouldnt armor not really help against the burst damage that's killing her like mccree left clicks

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Shield would do the most for Pharah because unless she just gets blasted out of the sky immediately, her most common way to die is to get rocked, try to locate a healer, and eat random damage at ground level while screaming bloody murder for a healer.

Pharah's my most played by a good margin but I'd be super cautious about buffing her. She wasn't chased out of the competitive meta by being bad. She was chased out because the meta presents a unique combination of threats at this particular moment that are bad for her. Small changes to the ecosystem could bring her roaring back.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I like that the moment Pharah stops being the most overplayed attack character people think she suddenly needs buffed. She's fine, just not FOTM anymore.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Verranicus posted:

I like that the moment Pharah stops being the most overplayed attack character people think she suddenly needs buffed. She's fine, just not FOTM anymore.

I mean things are pretty dire for her in high level play. But buffing her to play around/through that would probably be disastrous. Either changing other heroes to introduce some better predators to McCree and Zenyatta or just dialing back Zen's Discord would probably be better than buffing her. I feel like they'll pull back Discord before too long because they're gonna recognize that it constricts design space pretty hard.

Commoners
Apr 25, 2007

Sometimes you reach a stalemate. Sometimes you get magic horses.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

I mean things are pretty dire for her in high level play. But buffing her to play around/through that would probably be disastrous. Either changing other heroes to introduce some better predators to McCree and Zenyatta or just dialing back Zen's Discord would probably be better than buffing her. I feel like they'll pull back Discord before too long because they're gonna recognize that it constricts design space pretty hard.

A lot of the pro teams have started going Genji/Tracer to replace their other DPS picks because they can both dive onto McCree/Zenyatta and eat them alive.

The counter to that counter is replacing the vulnerable McCree/Zenyatta who are a huge liability at that point with Pharah/Mercy again, because they are incredibly hard to hurt with Tracer/Genji while also able to single hit Tracer with a boosted rocket. Without any true ranged hitscan (since Genji/Tracer are taking the DPS picks) the rest of the team is left vulnerable to the air superiority pair. Pharah's ult is also able to chew through Zenyatta's tranquility and Lucio's sound barrier, so when Zarya graviton surges it is possible to get big team wipes still.

It's a really funny rock paper scissors meta situation where shifting those two DPS and the one support force the other team to do the same, because at the professional level those comps are about as close as it gets to a hard counter compositions.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jastiger posted:

Ana: She's pretty good as is. I don't know why she doesn't slowly regain HP to the same effect like Mercy, but whatever. Maybe give her that after long periods of time?

- she does have a self-healing mechanism it's called biotic grenade

i'm not going to address your other points because at least i know enough to know i don't know what would make the game balance better as opposed to loving it into the mantle

MUSCULAR BEAVER
Dec 26, 2014

HENDO! HENDO!
Also, genji should have access to a time machine

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Shield would do the most for Pharah because unless she just gets blasted out of the sky immediately, her most common way to die is to get rocked, try to locate a healer, and eat random damage at ground level while screaming bloody murder for a healer.

Pharah's my most played by a good margin but I'd be super cautious about buffing her. She wasn't chased out of the competitive meta by being bad. She was chased out because the meta presents a unique combination of threats at this particular moment that are bad for her. Small changes to the ecosystem could bring her roaring back.

Pharah is one of the most well equipped heroes to fly to medkits though~

I'll be honest I still don't know where some of them are and I always get wrecked when I chase someone into one

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Pharah is one of the most well equipped heroes to fly to medkits though~

I'll be honest I still don't know where some of them are and I always get wrecked when I chase someone into one

I'm pretty good about medkit locations but if you were just recently a bright target in the sky, you're probably not in a great position to double back to a kit and the struggle is going to be getting back behind your own lines (or that your team has already died and you have to make an escape.) I honestly find kits way easier to get to with someone like Tracer or even Winston.

Supadave
Jul 11, 2013

Jastiger posted:

RoadHog LIke Genji I think the biggest nerf to him shouldn't be changing his abilities, just making it so they register properly. I've noticed as I and others get better at the game, people get better at dodging his hooks...but they still connect due to the netcode or whatever. More and more his reticule doesn't have to actually be on an enemy and more and more its going through geometry, around corners, or becoming a super extender if the enemy uses an escape ability before the hook lands. It should come out faster, be a hit scan item, no more of this track over a 5 meter space stuff, and if it hits geometry, exceeds the maximum range due to escape, or is otherwise broken by something, it should stop pulling. It should stun, but it shouldn't be pulling people through a labyrinth the way it does now.

I think Roadhog's hook-fuckery is linked pretty firmly to the server tickrates. Put simply, unless the communication between the server and the client is made more frequent then its basically whatever the Roadhog sees on his client goes. Making them 'register properly' will probably need a full upgrade of the way servers work - which I don't see blizzard doing with much enthusiasm

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Just please don't nerf zen on console. He still only gets played on full team stacks. He's in a good place right now by being good but still incredibly susceptible to any flanker/pharah/roadhog.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Supadave posted:

I think Roadhog's hook-fuckery is linked pretty firmly to the server tickrates. Put simply, unless the communication between the server and the client is made more frequent then its basically whatever the Roadhog sees on his client goes. Making them 'register properly' will probably need a full upgrade of the way servers work - which I don't see blizzard doing with much enthusiasm

To be fair I can play this game just fine with like 170 ping or so and I have never in my life played another FPS that is playable at 170.

It leads to wonky situations like that but this is why it exists. Also certain heroes it's actually very obvious with - Zarya oddly enough, her right click visibly lags when I'm playing her even though Junkrat's grenades are just fine. Roadhog both as and against there's some weird hook poo poo going on that obviously shouldn't have happened. Still better than the days when we had even worse internet and our delay to the server was measured in actual seconds during Warcraft 3

Supadave
Jul 11, 2013

To be fair I can play this game just fine with like 170 ping or so and I have never in my life played another FPS that is playable at 170.

It leads to wonky situations like that but this is why it exists. Also certain heroes it's actually very obvious with - Zarya oddly enough, her right click visibly lags when I'm playing her even though Junkrat's grenades are just fine. Roadhog both as and against there's some weird hook poo poo going on that obviously shouldn't have happened. Still better than the days when we had even worse internet and our delay to the server was measured in actual seconds during Warcraft 3

A higher ping (but not too high) actually works in your favour in a setup like this where the server 'trusts' what is going on from the clients perspective most of the time. So long as you're hitting shots with hitscan weapons (like Soldier 76's rifle) on your screen then the other player (possibly experiencing a weird delay) will be taking damage.

With the difference between Junkrat's grenades and Zarya's orbs I've noticed too, my only idea there would be that Zarya's orbs become a serverside object after being fired whereas the movement/damage for Junkrat's grenades are done largely clientside (which would make sense, seeing as they're more numerous) but I might just be blowing smoke out of my rear end on that one.

Mister Fister
May 17, 2008

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
KILL-GORE

I love the smell of dead Palestinians in the morning.
You know, one time we had Gaza bombed for 26 days
(and counting!)
Hey, congrats to Bacontotem on reaching Skill Rank 1!

https://www.twitch.tv/bacontotem/v/82549446

Skip to 2:43

He's a goon, right?

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Tollymain posted:

- she does have a self-healing mechanism it's called biotic grenade

i'm not going to address your other points because at least i know enough to know i don't know what would make the game balance better as opposed to loving it into the mantle

Yeah i mean maybe if shes being way behind the lines she shouldnt havr to waste biotic grenade on herself. She has all this healing juice but cant tap herself with it? All the other healers slowly regen their health why not her?

Also Pharahs ult does NOT out damage zenyattas heal. His ult right now is a get out of jail free card for everything except maybe mccrees ult, a well placed bastion ult on a tracer, and maybe a boosted genji ult. Otherwise he negates everything else.

Good point about pharah and health packs though. I find when i die most is when im flanking or raining death just fine, then my team dies. I try to retreat and join them but now i have 4 to 5 angry people focusing on me. Thats the worst. Good luck landing for a health pack then.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

a ton of things can get through zen's ult but it's not easy

you have to do enough damage to kill someone in one hit basically, so dead eye, self-destruct, and pulse bomb can all do it no problem. nanoboost and discord help other heroes; reaper, roadhog, hanzo, and widow can do it without outside help but it's not easy for reaper since you need a pretty solid headshot from point blank

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Brannock posted:

It's extremely cool seeing utterly defeatist attitudes like these written out

You can do better! You can be better!

I said this and decided to try to push my rank up to the next tier, and then I lost every game and dropped another two ranks

Toggling it on uses a minimum amount of charge though, it burns a bit more meter than you think.

But yeah sometimes I turn on defense matrix and stand in front of an ulting pharah and think "Lol this should not be working"

I dunno, I like having a shield that's bound to uptime rather than just going down if it gets shot a bunch like every other shield in the game. It really makes it applicable in different situations from the other shield. For example, D.va's shield actually lasts longer than Rein's does against Bastion, who burns down most shields pretty much immediately with his incredible DPS. If Defense Matrix does need a nerf, I would say give it a short cooldown after it runs out - right now it doesn't matter if she empties the bar because there's no enforced delay, she can use it again as soon as it recharges a little.

pakman
Jun 27, 2011

My prestige box from level 100 back to level 1 contained the Genji summer games skin. I really wanted American McCree, but i guess I'll settle for the Genji one. I do not plan on buying any boxes so I've used up all my luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
It's really irritating that Ana's basically invalidated Mercy entirely in comp. I managed to get myself to 62 running hard support Lucio/Mercy/Symmetra since I have terrible aim but good positional awareness and now one of the heroes I'm good with has been replaced by a Sniper that I'm just not going to be effective on.