Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dyna Soar posted:

Pork and human are supposedly suprisingly similar.

So mix with some beef for a decent burg. Got it!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Dyna Soar posted:

What, like pump em full of antibiotics & growth hormones and then grind the poo poo we don't use and feed them back to the cows so they develop a prion disease?

i bet youre really fun to be around and not annoying at all

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

seriously

i've been driving a prion for years and they just keep on truckin

Juaguocio
Jun 5, 2005

Oh, David...

Dyna Soar posted:

Hence the term "long pork."

Here's that Heston show for any who haven't seen it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WPq5jtW5J0

ogopogo
Jul 16, 2006
Remember: no matter where you go, there you are.
Simple burg again - sauce/lettuce/onion/burger/cheddar

Random Hero
Jun 4, 2004
I could sure go for a Miller High Life...
A simple but delicious bacon burger from this past weekend:

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Might have to get some Five Guys today. Biggest question is do I go with small fries and hope they fill the bag with extras, or play it safe and get medium fries.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
Today was a good day.

Hempuli
Nov 16, 2011

Burged a couple weeks ago with my girlfriend. We forgot the cheese but they were still great - patty, caramelized onions, lettuce, tomato, onion/garlic sauce, maybe something else.

Hempuli fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Aug 3, 2016

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
What kind of burg is that?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Hopper posted:

To me the flavour of the beef comes out better and it is juicer when the patty is pure meat. However, I strongly believe in freedom of cooking, i.e. whatever floats your patty boat is OK.
The only good burg is a thoroughly enjoyed burg, no matter what's in the patty.

I've been experimenting with this lately and gone more and more minimalistic. Now I use rather thin patties and I only use beef and salted cultured butter to fry them in (lower temp so the butter doesn't burn), then I put the buns in the same fat. This turns out great. It's like I finally got something now that tastes what you get in restaurants.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Was a tad hungry at lunch so got the special Staff burger from the local gourmet burger place. Double beef, double bacon, cheese and chicken. Very tasty.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Classic double burger at Wicked Weed Brewing in Asheville, NC. It was absolutely fantastic. The blue cheese slaw in the background kicked rear end, and the Pernicious IPA I enjoyed with it is basically my new favorite beer.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

The Midniter posted:

Classic double burger at Wicked Weed Brewing in Asheville, NC. It was absolutely fantastic. The blue cheese slaw in the background kicked rear end, and the Pernicious IPA I enjoyed with it is basically my new favorite beer.

yes please

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

The Midniter posted:

drat. The whole thing looks great, but that bun looks especially fantastic.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

I had a brie and onion jam burg plus egg, bacon, avocado at the Alamo drafthouse. I wish I could have seen it and taken a picture because it was pretty drat good.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Fenrir posted:

drat. The whole thing looks great, but that bun looks especially fantastic.

The bun was impressive. There was a puddle of juice on my plate and it ran all over my hands, but the bottom bun held up and didn't disintegrate. It was super solid, literally and figuratively.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Ruzihm posted:

I had a brie and onion jam burg plus egg, bacon, avocado at the Alamo drafthouse. I wish I could have seen it and taken a picture because it was pretty drat good.

brie and onion jam? that sounds dope

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

From the menu because i'm too lazy to describe it myself posted:

PEANUT BUTTER BACON BURGER
Custom ground hand formed beef patty, house cured bacon, City Peanut
Shop's Thai peanut butter sauce, sambal mayo, pickled carrots and cilantro.
Served on our Gaston's bakery bun

Thing was loving dope

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Sounds kinda bizarre but poo poo, I'd try it.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Couldn't be bothered with anything too fancy, so brioche, burg, bacon, cheddar cheese, and homemade pepper-burger sauce

namnamnam

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Torquemada posted:

Couldn't be bothered with anything too fancy, so brioche, burg, bacon, cheddar cheese, and homemade pepper-burger sauce

namnamnam

Dear god in heaven.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Yeah that's lovely.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Torquemada posted:

namnamnam

gently caress

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Torquemada posted:

namnamnam

Cabot 3 year cheddar?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

Cabot 3 year cheddar?

Montgomery's actually; you can get some here.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Torquemada posted:

namnamnam

That looks fantastic, get in my face

Jamsta
Dec 16, 2006

Oh you want some too? Fuck you!

Joining the bandwagon, nice work old bean!

Esposito
Apr 5, 2003

Sic transit gloria. Maybe we'll meet again someday, when the fighting stops.
Love it!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Thanks! Every time someone quotes the pictures I want to eat the drat thing again though...

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Eleven days and none of you meat eating fools burged? For shame. I, however, am made of sterner stuff (or at least a lust for burgs). Also, I make really good burgs. This is the 'Not A Quaterpounder With Cheese'.

Burg, bun, double cheese, ketchup, mustard, onion, pickle.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
those are some huge pickles drat

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
The McD ones are some weak limp bullshit, plus you get like 2 slices, so I use 3 day cure kosher dills: crunchy as hell and savoury too. Shop bought pickles are rear end in the UK, way way too sweet most of the time, so I make my own.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
pickling UK supermarket cucumbers would explain it and i know how you feel about them being sweet here

can get non-sweet ones but they're always tiny. strong pickled onions are always a good option though

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

I did my part today :patriot:

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I had In-N-Out twice this week. I am spreading the gospel of whole grilled onion everywhere I go.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Torquemada posted:

The McD ones are some weak limp bullshit, plus you get like 2 slices, so I use 3 day cure kosher dills: crunchy as hell and savoury too. Shop bought pickles are rear end in the UK, way way too sweet most of the time, so I make my own.

there is a polish shop on every single high street in britain and in every supermarket

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

butros posted:

I did my part today :patriot:

Excellent, nice crust!

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

RideTheSpiral posted:

there is a polish shop on every single high street in britain and in every supermarket

This is true, and since I live in London it's more like 5 per street :) However, the vast majority of their pickles are either way too vinegary, or are 'cooked' rendering them soggy, or are heavily fermented, which I like, but not on burgers. I'll go to my local Polski Sklep and a Russian Supermarket shortly and see what they have and report back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

Torquemada posted:

Eleven days and none of you meat eating fools burged? For shame. I, however, am made of sterner stuff (or at least a lust for burgs). Also, I make really good burgs. This is the 'Not A Quaterpounder With Cheese'.

Burg, bun, double cheese, ketchup, mustard, onion, pickle.

gently caress yes gimme

• Locked thread