Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Learn to aim

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

l2p n00b

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Just play mercy, you aren't in a tourney.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Yorkshire Tea posted:

It's really irritating that Ana's basically invalidated Mercy entirely in comp. I managed to get myself to 62 running hard support Lucio/Mercy/Symmetra since I have terrible aim but good positional awareness and now one of the heroes I'm good with has been replaced by a Sniper that I'm just not going to be effective on.

use zen instead

Tweet Me Balls
Apr 14, 2009

I only occasionally snipe with Ana anyway.

If you're healsniping you just need to get friendlies inside your triangle which isn't too bad, but you want to be up in the action for your heal jarate and your anti Winston/Reinhardt/Roadhog/Genji dart.

At that range you can just rapidfire sick noscope heals into friendly asses until you boost your Reinhardt and he goes charging across the map to kill a zero suit D.Va and leaves you all to die.

I strongly prefer Zen on defense because of his ultimate. :buddy:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

flashman posted:

Learn to aim

I did, but I did it on Tracer and apparently that skill isn't transferable. And she does poo poo all outside of KotH.

Manatee Cannon posted:

use zen instead

I know this is the solution and I loving can't stand it because I hate his design.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Supadave posted:

I think Roadhog's hook-fuckery is linked pretty firmly to the server tickrates. Put simply, unless the communication between the server and the client is made more frequent then its basically whatever the Roadhog sees on his client goes. Making them 'register properly' will probably need a full upgrade of the way servers work - which I don't see blizzard doing with much enthusiasm
60 client update will not make Roadhog's hook behave any differently. The main reason wallhooks are so prevalent is that instead of teleporting a player back to where the Hog player's client saw them get hooked it keeps them where their client knew they were when the hook hit, presumably because it's less disorienting for the target player to not be teleported before being dragged.

Jastiger
Oct 11, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Sindai posted:

60 client update will not make Roadhog's hook behave any differently. The main reason wallhooks are so prevalent is that instead of teleporting a player back to where the Hog player's client saw them get hooked it keeps them where their client knew they were when the hook hit, presumably because it's less disorienting for the target player to not be teleported before being dragged.

Which is why it should be a quicker come out hit scan type weapon. If the target isn't in the reticule when Shift is pressed, no hit. Right now it allows for a ton of wonky poo poo because of the delay it has.

Teikanmi
Dec 16, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Best Junkrat skin?

Toasted? Fool?

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Jailbird imo

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

i like Toasted and Drowned

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Teikanmi posted:

Best Junkrat skin?

Toasted? Fool?

Toasted. Fool sucks.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
toasted is correct

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Jester > Everything else.

Supadave
Jul 11, 2013

Sindai posted:

Well that's just a loving pain in the rear end.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.

Teikanmi posted:

Best Junkrat skin?

Toasted? Fool?

that's not how you spell scarecrow

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
I like Hayseed because it was my first legendary skin

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
just because its a legendary skin doesnt mean its good

all the scarecrow skins cover his facial expressions which is very bad for junkrat

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I love the scarecrow skins but they do hide Junkrat's face which is a problem since the best highlight intro is the one where he shoots himself in the balls. If it wasn't for that I'd always go Hayseed

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the new summer highlight intro for junkrat is even better tbh

but yea a lot of purple skins are better than the legendaries. pharah's anubis skin is tied with mechaqueen in my mind and all of the summer purple stuff is better. zarya's the only legendary they added that is better than the ones already in the game imo

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Actually Lucio's new soccer ones are his best

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It seems like Zenyatta's most popular skin by far is his purple/white epic instead of any of his legendaries. Personally I don't like the legendaries because they throw away the Buddhist theme.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they aren't even close

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah the purple epic one and the regular old green skin are the best for zen imo, djinzen and sun-zen are meh

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

LOOKS LIKE WE GOT A LOTTA POORS IN THIS THREAD

Djinyatta is clearly superior. Also Mechaqueen/Thunderbird.

Reacean
Nov 29, 2004

Main Paineframe posted:

If Defense Matrix does need a nerf, I would say give it a short cooldown after it runs out - right now it doesn't matter if she empties the bar because there's no enforced delay, she can use it again as soon as it recharges a little.

Incorrect. Anytime Defense Matrix goes down, regardless of reason, there's a 1 second delay before you can put it back up.

TastySauce
Jul 17, 2004

I AM A SKEPTOPOTAMUS!
I made a second account to play competitive with friends (I'm just 66 on the main but still didn't want to ruin it). I finished my placements yesterday, went 8-2 and placed directly into rank 65 by playing only Roadhog. I was pretty shocked, but maybe placements are more friendly now that more people are in the 70's to 80's? My main placed rank 55 and the battle to 66 was rough.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Snazzy Frocks posted:

just because its a legendary skin doesnt mean its good

all the scarecrow skins cover his facial expressions which is very bad for junkrat

Nobody said legendary = good, in fact many legendaries suck. That being said, the blue jester skin for Junkrat is the best one.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

TastySauce posted:

I made a second account to play competitive with friends (I'm just 66 on the main but still didn't want to ruin it). I finished my placements yesterday, went 8-2 and placed directly into rank 65 by playing only Roadhog. I was pretty shocked, but maybe placements are more friendly now that more people are in the 70's to 80's? My main placed rank 55 and the battle to 66 was rough.

Have you considered that you are just better than average at overwatch?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Yeah the scarecrow skin really takes a lot away from junkrat since a lot of his intros and emotes rely on his goofy face

TastySauce
Jul 17, 2004

I AM A SKEPTOPOTAMUS!

Andrast posted:

Have you considered that you are just better than average at overwatch?

Sure, but my point was more that competitive placements seem a lot more lenient than they did during season start. I'm curious how we'll all be placed at the start of Season 2 now

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

TastySauce posted:

Sure, but my point was more that competitive placements seem a lot more lenient than they did during season start. I'm curious how we'll all be placed at the start of Season 2 now

I doubt they changed anything mid season.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Verranicus posted:

I doubt they changed anything mid season.

the beginning of season 1 when a lot of people did their placement matches had the KOTH bug that made those maps give a lot less ranking, which was fixed later.

i think they also changed/fixed one or two things with how leavers affected your rank points.

so i think there will definitely be a difference.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Would getting rid of ultimates make the game more fun ?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Kerrrrrrr posted:

the beginning of season 1 when a lot of people did their placement matches had the KOTH bug that made those maps give a lot less ranking, which was fixed later.

i think they also changed/fixed one or two things with how leavers affected your rank points.

so i think there will definitely be a difference.

Heard conflicting comments about whether they changed differences in rank point awards based on performance (i.e. the "gently caress You, Supports" system). Anyone know if that's still a thing?

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades

KildarX posted:

No.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Congrats to #1 ranked Bacontotem, you are hanjo!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Yes, if I got to keep mine.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

KildarX posted:

Absolutely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

nah