Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Bring me the hamburger Pokemon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I hope I can pull off a good rotating team because that Ghost Rider must be in my team.

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 9, 2016

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Fire/Ghost Marowak is the coolest thing. I'm really happy to see Meowth and Persian getting some love. Persian is the best cat. :)

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Countblanc posted:

there's basically no good flying moves that are learned by non-flying types. theres what, technician aerial ace? what even gets that

have you not died a million times to acrobatics before?

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

gently caress that stupid T-Rex pulling out his acrobatics to murder my adorable shiny Chesnaught.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

Ghosts are getting a lot of love this generation so far, 6 so far and sure they'll be more revealed.

Also Sandcastle get on my team now.

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Golden Goat posted:

Bring me the hamburger Pokemon.

Alola Crustle is Bug plus Grass

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

why do infernape and meloetta learn acrobatics by level up

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Real talk I love the idea of a lava Muk and I hope they do that. It makes so much sense design wise

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ruggington posted:

why do infernape and meloetta learn acrobatics by level up

Because they're good at acrobatics.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

there's nothing resembling a t-rex that gets acrobatics so im still confused

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
The Japanese name of the move is literally "Acrobat". It's also why random Pokemon learn Extrasensory because it's Japanese name is "Supernatural Power" so it's free game for a supernatural pokemon to learn it.

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009
I wonder if Cubone is just fire type now and then when it evolves it dies, finally allowing its child to wear its skull

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Ruggington posted:

there's nothing resembling a t-rex that gets acrobatics so im still confused

Ah sorry it was Aerial Ace I was thinking of.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

"Alolan Marowak developed in response to its natural predators in order to resist them."

Marowak is weak to water, grass, and ice, Alolan Marowak keeps the water wakness, resists grass and ice, and picks up dark, ghost, ground, and rock weaknesses. I don't really think that worked out all that well.

Edit: Though it also trades electric immunity for fighting and normal.

pik_d fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Aug 9, 2016

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
So according to Serebii, Rockruff has a "Secret Evolution" that will be revealed through a poster included in next month's CoroCoro?

They must consider it to be a significant thing. Wonder what it could be.

Also the evil team is named Team Skull. Can't wait for their nefarious plans to steal the bones of every pokemon.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Lava Muk and Tiki Nosepass actually sound really sweet

Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

So according to Serebii, Rockruff has a "Secret Evolution" that will be revealed through a poster included in next month's CoroCoro?

They must consider it to be a significant thing. Wonder what it could be.

Also the evil team is named Team Skull. Can't wait for their nefarious plans to steal the bones of every pokemon.

It's probably the four way split evolution that was in accurate leaks. The pokedex leak from a couple of days ago corroborated with a bunch of the accurate leaks so don't be surprised with a few of the details in there coming true

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
So what are you guys gonna nickname your pokemon? so far I got
Litten - Brennan W
Mimikyu - Pikaboo
Grubbin - Astro M.Ship
Rockruff - Teen Weredog
Marowak - Robbie Reyes / Ghost Rider
Minior - TLoZMM Moon
Salandit - i honestly got nothing
Mudbray - Bojack, or maybe something to make it clear that this Bojack isn't as messed up.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I will probably use a certain theme for naming my team as I have in past games. I'm thinking of naming my Pokémon after My Hero Academia characters for Sun/Moon

Captain Fargle
Feb 16, 2011

jarbv posted:

have you not died a million times to acrobatics before?

Acrobatics got really garbage since they removed the Flying Gem.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Golden Goat posted:

Ah sorry it was Aerial Ace I was thinking of.

Aerial Ace is named after a sword technique I think.

Bulbapedia posted:

This move is based on and named after Sasaki Kojiro's "Turning Swallow Cut" sword technique, so named due to its resemblance to the motion of a swallow's tail in flight, and is usually construed as a quick upward slash followed by a second one down the same direction, same as the move's animation

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

gumshoos - Hall

gumshoos - Oates

gumshoos - Dick

gumshoos - Ace

gumshoos - Clint

gumshoos - Goku

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

QuasiQuack posted:

:stare:

Aren't those pretty dangerous?

They have sharp teeth but they're also incredibly curious and affectionate, even in the wild.

I really hope that some Gen 2 pokemans get Alolan Forms. Maybe an Alolan Ariados so that the only spider besides Galvantula isn't terrible, Alolan Magcargo, Alolan Octillery or Alolan Corsola

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm going to nuzlocke and name all the pokemon after posters I don't like

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

pik_d posted:

"Alolan Marowak developed in response to its natural predators in order to resist them."

Marowak is weak to water, grass, and ice, Alolan Marowak keeps the water wakness, resists grass and ice, and picks up dark, ghost, ground, and rock weaknesses. I don't really think that worked out all that well.

Edit: Though it also trades electric immunity for fighting and normal.

I think that means Alolan Marowak was being preyed on by Bewears. Normal/Fighting and the ones that have Fluffy are weak to fire.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

I'm going to nuzlocke and name all the pokemon after posters I don't like

what is carrying around six pokemon named after me gonna accomplish

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Vikavolt will be Vic Viper, Mimikyu will be Pikaboo, and I'll decide on the rest of the names when I see all of the final evolutions.

Donowitz
Feb 26, 2012

Macaluso posted:

Real talk I love the idea of a lava Muk and I hope they do that. It makes so much sense design wise

Learn to love Slugma.

Donowitz fucked around with this message at 17:19 on Aug 9, 2016

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Pyroi posted:

Mimikyu will be Pikaboo

:golfclap:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I think I'll keep an eye on ledyba or whatever it's called, we know it's a route 1 pokemon and if something needs a boost it's Ladien, so if some Gen II 'mons get an Alola Form that might be a top candidate.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Donowitz posted:

Learn to love Slugma.

I tried, it burned my hand.

jarbv
Jul 10, 2004

Pentaro posted:

Alola Crustle is Bug plus Grass

Only registered members can see post attachments!

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

we've been calling it pikaboo since it got spoiled, where have you been

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

mandatory lesbian posted:

we've been calling it pikaboo since it got spoiled, where have you been

not in this thread cause i only just started following it for like the past week :smith:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Nessa posted:

I think that means Alolan Marowak was being preyed on by Bewears. Normal/Fighting and the ones that have Fluffy are weak to fire.

That actually kind of makes sense. And it's fairly disconcerting. :stare:

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I think I'll keep an eye on ledyba or whatever it's called, we know it's a route 1 pokemon and if something needs a boost it's Ladien, so if some Gen II 'mons get an Alola Form that might be a top candidate.

Idk, we've already seen Ledyba in Alola are just regular ledyba. It'd be weird to have only the evolution have an Alolan form.

On that note: Where is Alolan Persian, Game Freak? Why are you hiding it from me I want a big black panther baby

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Nessa posted:

I will not be using Bewear, just in case.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Seriously? A sand castle Pokemon? Nintendo has just run out of ideas at this point.... they might as well buy design ideas from Digimon!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Indigo Cephalopods posted:

Idk, we've already seen Ledyba in Alola are just regular ledyba. It'd be weird to have only the evolution have an Alolan form.

Mega Ladien?

• Locked thread