Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

mind the walrus posted:

No way that dude isn't supposed to be on meds of some kind

Several different kinds of meds, too. Gutworm infection meds, something for his inevitable ulcers, something for his :sadbrains: condition, etc etc..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
He was, but it was a suppository and he ate it.

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION

mind the walrus posted:

So on a continent known for its gigantic size where rural residences can be literally hundreds of miles apart, the government decided to rely on them to accurately report in using an online census?

Let's not forget: Just for the hell of it, this year they decided to announce that unlike every previous census ever, they would this year be retaining your name and address for 4 years, and using it in conjunction with other databases to improve government services.

And refused to provide any information about why they needed this data, how it would be secured, or how it could possibly benefit the population.

https://twitter.com/jpwarren

holds a pretty good summary.

Also, they say that if you refuse to do it, you will get a $180 fine. Per day. This is not legally enforceable.

e: oh yeah, the data is being stored on their webservers in cleartext.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006
Pitcher annoyed.

https://vine.co/v/5bZ2YgIMPWw

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

iRend posted:

Let's not forget: Just for the hell of it, this year they decided to announce that unlike every previous census ever, they would this year be retaining your name and address for 4 years, and using it in conjunction with other databases to improve government services.

And refused to provide any information about why they needed this data, how it would be secured, or how it could possibly benefit the population.

https://twitter.com/jpwarren

holds a pretty good summary.

Also, they say that if you refuse to do it, you will get a $180 fine. Per day. This is not legally enforceable.

e: oh yeah, the data is being stored on their webservers in cleartext.

http://twitter.com/stilgherrian/status/762903073379332096

Jesus christ.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Holy crap every time someone from Aus, Canada, or Britain wants to give :911: poo poo about the First Peoples I'm going to show them that image.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

First Peoples? Is that the new Native American? Sounds kinda silly. Like the name of a mythical civilization in a fantasy novel.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Solice Kirsk posted:

First Peoples? Is that the new Native American? Sounds kinda silly. Like the name of a mythical civilization in a fantasy novel.

Find a better collective term, then. "Native American" is silly and useless because everyone born in the Americas is 'native'. "Indian" is confusing and wrong, even if many First Nations people are fine with it. "Indigenous tribes" is racist and also kind of silly ('tribe' implies lack of civilization, and 'indigenous' has the same problem 'native' does).

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

How about we use their names for themselves and not lump them all together? They weren't one nation after all. That's racist.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Pre-colonials?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

the washington redskins

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Solice Kirsk posted:

How about we use their names for themselves and not lump them all together? They weren't one nation after all. That's racist.

Yes, of course, because they totally have a single name to refer to everyone whose claims to the Americas predate colonialism. I don't think so, Tim.

Cakefool posted:

Pre-colonials?

I was going to say something snarkier about this suggestion, but I'm sure the reason why that won't work will come to you eventually.

-Anders
Feb 1, 2007

Denmark. Wait, what?

Cakefool posted:

Pre-colonials?

Pre-whitey

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Aerdan posted:

Yes, of course, because they totally have a single name to refer to everyone whose claims to the Americas predate colonialism. I don't think so, Tim.

I was going to say something snarkier about this suggestion, but I'm sure the reason why that won't work will come to you eventually.

Amusingly your two responses contradict each other a little. Also, there may just possibly be a touch of humor or sarcasm in my post here on something awful dot com

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Aerdan posted:

Why do you need to group them all together? Would you say Palestinians are the same as the Israelis? Stop trying so hard.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Dude if you're not trolling you should realize it's way less work to just call them "First Peoples" in a macro context and then specify by tribe as circumstances dictate--exactly the same way we did with "Native Americans" and "Indians" before--than quibble over semantics.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦

Solice Kirsk posted:

Would you say Palestinians are the same as the Israelis?

Would you perhaps call them Middle Eastern? Might've heard that somewhere.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

mind the walrus posted:

The TV production companies wasting their time and the audience dumb enough to watch.

LA Beast has been mentally ill from the start. His channel is literally the adult equivalent of the "Will you give me your pudding snack if I eat three worms?" kid from elementary school. South Park's episode about the Jackass guys where Kenny becomes a whore literally applies to this guy.

Dude looks legit unwell there though, even for him

I bet it's more of that stupid walking bullshit he's doing instead of stunts. He's been going downhill ever since he moved from his apartment and I think the isolation and lack of attention is really bringing out some of the stuff that wasn't readily apparent before. Now he's alone, probably going broke, and making insane videos about Crystal Pepsi that only he cares about and everybody else did as a joke.

At least Shoenice is somewhat pleasant in a drunken sort of way. Beast is just going to that angry/sad part of life where he's probably going to flip out and either end it all or vanish for years to finally get the help he needs.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Aerdan posted:

Find a better collective term, then. "Native American" is silly and useless because everyone born in the Americas is 'native'. "Indian" is confusing and wrong, even if many First Nations people are fine with it. "Indigenous tribes" is racist and also kind of silly ('tribe' implies lack of civilization, and 'indigenous' has the same problem 'native' does).

When people say "Native American," everyone loving knows they're not talking about some newborn baby in Jersey City. If you're going to nitpick to that extent, "First Peoples" is just as problematic as the others because they weren't all first. There was immigration via the land bridge to Siberia ~12000 BC, there was immigration over the water from Southwest Asia ~13500 BCE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Solice Kirsk posted:

We don't have a large enough building to put the resulting new name for Aboriginal and Northern Affairs on.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
pre-:gas:

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Imagine being an midget indian.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

This thread has gone to awful places and I'm not sure I can get schadenfreude from it.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Solice Kirsk posted:

Why do you need to group them all together? Would you say Palestinians are the same as the Israelis? Stop trying so hard.

Palestinians are not the same as Israelis but if if I want to talk about poo poo that concerns all the people that live in the Levant I'm not saying "The Palestinians, the Israelis, the Jordanians, the Lebanese, etc.." I'm going to group them together. People from San Diego aren't the same as people from San Fransisco but you're loving crazy if you think I'm not saying "Californians" when I'm talking about poo poo that includes both of them.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

mind the walrus posted:

This thread has gone to awful places and I'm not sure I can get schadenfreude from it.

I rather enjoy the tirades from the perpetually offended, the willfully ignorant, and the poor bastards that use local soliloquies that the previous two groups can't jerk themselves off fast enough to.

The scootyfrooty is coming from inside the tread.

Again.

Still.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Edit: never mind. I've lost interest.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Somebody give this man his mod priviliges back
http://hw-mobile.worldstarhiphop.com/u/vid/2016/08/iGVZn2sMX3tK_mobile.mp4

:aatrek:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

What is going on here

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

Dude if you're not trolling you should realize it's way less work to just call them "First Peoples" in a macro context and then specify by tribe as circumstances dictate--exactly the same way we did with "Native Americans" and "Indians" before--than quibble over semantics.

Yeah but I mean there's evidence there might have been some people here before them, so.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zakharov posted:

What is going on here

The guy was trying to meet up with what he thought was a 15 year old boy.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

What the gently caress is this?

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is that really Aatrek?

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is that really Aatrek?

Aatrek is American, so no.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Can that get rehosted or at least linked? I can't see it and I want to laugh at the pedo.

E---

Thanks. Jesus it really is a British Aatrek.

mind the walrus has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Aug 9, 2016

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is that really Aatrek?

quote:

Joseph Young age 26 from Bexleyheath came to meet what he thought was a 15 year old boy in Bexleyheath Broadway Kent he has been arrested, he kicked of with interceptors and hurt a team member and tried to punch another team member silly silly boy

Another "case":

quote:

UPDATE Terry Andrew chulk age 53 from Bexleyheath Was arrested in January 2016 for online grooming a 14-year-old child it has took the police six months to get back to us in regards to Terry , Terry had already arranged to meet our decoy but we went to the police and told them that we would be meeting Terry the Met police instructed us that if we was to meet Terry that all our technical devices would get seized so Internet interceptors decided not to meet Terry in this time Terry decided to do a few things on his laptop to get rid of the evidence the Lab at the Met police said what ever he done got rid of all of his evidence, The police where given every piece of information regarding where Terry lives when the the police did arrive at Terry’s house he was not present and was informed By telephone to bring in all his technical devices to the police station which of course he would because by then he knew that there would be no evidence on his devices so it has took the police a lot of time and effort to get back to us with a decision of NFA as there was no evidence on his laptop so here at Internet interceptors blame the Met police for letting another one slip the net, this is why we go and meet them or go to their properties so that we know that they have no time to get rid of any evidence as you can see in our picture he looks like any other man a loving partner and A loving father but Terry you’ve got a dark secret haven’t you why don’t you admit to your family about your secret , Terry met our decoy on the same social media account where he met his current partner we might add a young partner Terry was talking to our decoy when his current partner was heavily pregnant with his child shame on you , Terry is currently still on the same social media account as so is his current partner with three different profiles

Maybe leave it to the pros?

e:

mind the walrus posted:

Can that get rehosted or at least linked? I can't see it and I want to laugh at the pedo.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAlS4X2l-Hg

Perhaps a hamster
Jun 15, 2010

Mierenneuker posted:

Imagine being an midget indian.
First Little People.

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

What the gently caress is this?

WWWWOOOOOORRRRRLLLLDDDDDSSSSTTTAAAARRRRRRRRR!!

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Pedophiles getting caught is a great scoodyfroody source.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAJ3RxCIkLg

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Why, when confronted, did he not go with the tried-and-true defense of repeating "it was a joke?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /
Only schadenfreude here are the complete morons who trying to publicly shame people who obveously need some loving help, and making the rest of them so paranoid that it hurts legitimate investigations. Bunch of wankers, the lot of them.