Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
Holy poo poo shut the gently caress up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

smiling I'm really gonna need you to work on your sniping game

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Dead as a doornail. When you have an Elo-Knight style schtick going on, where 60-80% of your crew doesn't attend if your star FC is present, death comes quickly when you redeploy to roam an area like Providence in your 15-20 man gang. I think we had one or two more fleets with Vee after that deployment and nothing else since.

I think space violence is picking up the tab though. Although I'm terrified that they've gone from t1 cruisers clubbing Horde seals straight to machs. I guess it's only hubris if you welp though, right?

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Aug 9, 2016

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

ChickenWing posted:

No. Sniping is retarded.

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

Zephyrine posted:

Hey now I never said I wouldn't shitpost. I'm just saying I won't badpost, madpost or sadpost.

Shitposting is still fair.

Could you write up a guide to tell the difference from you badposting and shitposting? All looks the same over here.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
anyone in GSOL or anything similar to that? do you enjoy it?

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Rhymenoserous posted:

No. Sniping is retarded.

mlyp?

Nah, I actually agree with you.

Magic Rabbit Hat
Nov 4, 2006

Just follow along if you don't wanna get neutered.

ChickenWing posted:

It's apt for this thread.

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Divine Blob posted:

I enjoy it. But it's boring tedious stuff in a lot of cases. It gives me something to do though, and keeps me engaged with the game and alliance. And despite the boring work or makes me feel marginally like I'm making a difference

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

L0cke17 posted:

I enjoy it. But it's boring tedious stuff in a lot of cases. It gives me something to do though, and keeps me engaged with the game and alliance. And despite the boring work or makes me feel marginally like I'm making a difference

are you in GSOL?

Landsknecht
Oct 27, 2009
I hope this person is trolling, nobody can be so unfunny and dumb

Divine Blob posted:

being in GSOL is the perfect opportunity to get kicked, after doing years of thankless work, when you get drunk and rename a station

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008
FYI if you haven't listened to the QFC coalition meeting it's hilarious: https://soundcloud.com/donaldpeyote/qfc-coalition-meeting

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Landsknecht posted:

being in GSOL is the perfect opportunity to get kicked, after doing years of thankless work, when you get drunk and rename a station

so basically you handle the moons, ihubs, stations and all that?

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Divine Blob posted:

don't join gsol unless you want an unpaid 9-5 space job in addition to your real one

L0cke17
Nov 29, 2013

Divine Blob posted:

are you in GSOL?

Yes.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Zephyrine posted:

Something something pot calling the kettle African American.

Nope

I'm not much of the 'gently caress you- I'm taking my toys and leaving' type.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013
is there a certain time when anomalies respawn/refresh or something?

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Davidus posted:

Bigbilltheboss?

congrats on your first post, and to answer your question -yes, I am one of the patron saints of good posting

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

Rhymenoserous posted:

FYI if you haven't listened to the QFC coalition meeting it's hilarious: https://soundcloud.com/donaldpeyote/qfc-coalition-meeting

Give me some cliff notes please, that voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me, I can't listen to it.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

rocket_Magnet posted:

Give me some cliff notes please, that voice is like nails on a chalkboard for me, I can't listen to it.

*Whines about people fighting QFC and not goons*
*Whines about NCdotte opressing them despite having someone from NCdotte on coms*
*Whines about wanting to fight goons but not being able to because ~reasons~*
*Whines about people fighting QFC and not goons some more*
*Sobs slightly into the microphone*
~repeat~

EDIT: The level of angst this lady displays over losing a little bit of space is something else. Like when I saw we were going to lose deklein I was at most slightly annoyed, but I guess that's because for the longest time my home was my carrier.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Aug 9, 2016

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
They're whining at the prospect of their gaming preserve being disrupted by other people's gameplay.

I ripped the audio just now. Thanks for the link. I've been sitting on this mercenary entosis idea for a couple weeks or so, and the whining and fear in their comments made me realize I need to do this asap.

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Divine Blob posted:

I enjoyed it. I don't do PVP so it felt like I was helping.

Never topped the charts in activity as I wasn't one of the guys with tons of Jump Freighters, and needed to play to plex.

Gave me something to focus on when my ishtars were orbiting the pirate gate.

Took part in the last man out of Saigoon and that was fun, GSOL directors probably hated it but as a hammerbee it was fun.

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Oodles posted:

Never topped the charts in activity as I wasn't one of the guys with tons of Jump Freighters, and needed to play to plex.

Took part in the last man out of Saigoon and that was fun, GSOL directors probably hated it but as a hammerbee it was fun.

very mixed comments, but ive got four months so ill figure out if i like jump freighters and such i suppose before hand.

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Elsa posted:

mercenary entosis

you couldn't pay me enough to log in and sov laser

Oodles
Oct 31, 2005

Divine Blob posted:

very mixed comments, but ive got four months so ill figure out if i like jump freighters and such i suppose before hand.

Guess it kind of gelled with me as I don't go out seeing gratification and glory. I'm happy with doing what I do in the background, and not being the star of the show.

Life spent as a wallflower I guess :v:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

you couldn't pay me enough to log in and sov laser

:smith:

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Rhymenoserous posted:

Like when I saw we were going to lose deklein I was at most slightly annoyed, but I guess that's because for the longest time my home was my carrier.

poo poo I was overjoyed, that space got super boring and filled to the brim with old poop socks.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

rocket_Magnet posted:

I'm gonna completely talk out of my rear end right now and this is either 100% accurate or 50% false.

When Pandemic Horde/Gobbins initially moved to Querious they set up a "fight club" . Nobody has standings towards one another, no blues but they dont attack each others things either, sov, moons, stations, etc. everything was sliced up and distributed. Also no cloaky camping or blopsing ratters or ratting systems.

Nothing but safe and sanitized pvp gudfites in Caracals.

When WWB kicked off and Horde moved fully into Fade an "invitation" was extended to the other dudes in Querious who chose to be a part of this club. More or less it went like: you guys really should join us in Fade and do the things we do or it may go bad for you in the future.

Querious guys are like: nah we're good fam, we'll stay here.

WWB is over, mission accomplished, PL goes to sleep for the summer/AT season, dudes who feel like being active can go farm TEST.

Enter- Play Hard Pray Harder [INRI] alliance, the contacts for which are steelrattty and ron mexxico's alt. These are basically PL/BL, BL guys who got into PL/Pizza guys. Their mission appears to be to punish the QFC for not going to Fade with Horde and joining in WWB things.

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Xolve posted:

Nope

I'm not much of the 'gently caress you- I'm taking my toys and leaving' type.

Which if fine. There's room in Eve for people who just like to meander around and smug too. But there wouldn't be any space empires worth writing about without people taking the game too seriously to the point of losing their minds over it every now and then.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Zephyrine posted:

Which if fine. There's room in Eve for people who just like to meander around and smug too. But there wouldn't be any space empires worth writing about without people taking the game too seriously to the point of losing their minds over it every now and then.

or alarm clocking at 3 AM when there's literally nothing else in our lives we do that over

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Orange Red Bull posted:

Enter- Play Hard Pray Harder [INRI] alliance

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

Oodles posted:

Guess it kind of gelled with me as I don't go out seeing gratification and glory. I'm happy with doing what I do in the background, and not being the star of the show.

Life spent as a wallflower I guess :v:

Yeah, I haven't really been enjoying much PVP, granted no one has shown up when I've decided to fly logi yet, so I'm trying to see what other paths I can take in this game.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
How about not having this be the zephyrine e/n thread

It is somehow worse than the ordinary eve thread

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Retarded Goatee posted:

are you still catching up from 15 pages ago or such

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

Oodles posted:

thank you for your service

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Retarded Goatee posted:

Think we've ventured far past that, sadly.

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

L0cke17 posted:

:same:

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

A solo nag tried to siege one of our lowsec citadels. Didn't end well since i gunned it, turns out supercap-sized misl will kill a normal cap anyway

https://zkillboard.com/kill/55488024/

luminalflux
May 27, 2005

(i popped the wreck since my clownshoe couldn't fit 4k in it's cargohold)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Divine Blob
Mar 13, 2013

luminalflux posted:

A solo nag tried to siege one of our lowsec citadels. Didn't end well since i gunned it, turns out supercap-sized misl will kill a normal cap anyway

https://zkillboard.com/kill/55488024/

what the gently caress was this guy trying to do

• Locked thread