Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Reuters tracker last week: Clinton +2

Reuters tracker this week: Clinton +6

http://polling.reuters.com/#poll/TM651Y15_26/filters/LIKELY:1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

triple sulk posted:

do it then make a chargeback, saying you were extremely offended by something he'll say a couple days from now

~art of the deal~

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
I don't see how Trump can survive not participating in debates. He will look like a coward. His supporters don't want a coward. I think it would really hurt him, that being said he seems to be hurting pretty bad already.

Ouhei posted:

I hope NC goes blue as gently caress this year and we vote this dipshit out of office. What a loving embarrassment.

:same:

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

fart blood posted:

He's trying to trap her somehow. I wonder how though.

I doubt even he knows. He's just trying to press for advantage and look dominant.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

Please, Archie Bunker is eternally loyal to NEWT

Both sending Americans straight to the moon

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if Donald Trump sticks to economic themes he sounds like a Heritage Foundation hack on barbiturates. who is going to get flipped by that dreck that isnt already deep in the tank for him?

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/ZekeJMiller/status/763067084519706624

He really really wants to debate guys, but only if the terms are fair.

I actually hope the debates never happen because its the one way Hillary could blow it; also hope Trump is the one to cancel the debates.

Debating Trump is just a no win situation. You can't debate someone that doesn't believe in facts or reality.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

paranoid randroid posted:

if Donald Trump sticks to economic themes he sounds like a Heritage Foundation hack on barbiturates. who is going to get flipped by that dreck that isnt already deep in the tank for him?

It's aimed at the mealy mouthed Supportlords who are desperately trying to talk themselves into voting for Trump.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
[extremely undecided blue collar voter voice] well i wasnt sure about Trump but then i heard about that estate tax abolition and now im down to punch some mexicans

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

kalensc posted:

oh wow this post

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

UFOTofuTacoCat posted:

I don't see how Trump can survive not participating in debates. He will look like a coward. His supporters don't want a coward. I think it would really hurt him, that being said he seems to be hurting pretty bad already.

:same:

He would dodge them if he thought participating would be even worse.

Avoiding humiliation is pretty high on his list.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

zoux posted:

It's aimed at the mealy mouthed Supportlords who are desperately trying to talk themselves into voting for Trump.

those lovely little cowards were probably going to find a reason to vote for him anyway, lets be real

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Archie Bunker wasn't the straight to the moon guy smh it was Ralph Kramden

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

his list of supreme court justices is from the heritage foundation

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

kalensc posted:

Lmao this guy doesn't know his 50 year old sitcoms

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

those lovely little cowards were probably going to find a reason to vote for him anyway, lets be real

They're the holdouts, the racists and morons are already on board.

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

Corek posted:

Lmao this guy doesn't know his 50 year old sitcoms

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Deteriorata posted:

Debates more often benefit the underdog, though. Maybe Trump plans to have this all wrapped up by October?

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

kalensc posted:

Stifle yourself, Meathead.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
is nessun dorma trump's new campaign song because pavarotti can't complain

Valentin
Sep 16, 2012

strong data-based argument that trump really does tweet only in the early morning and it's his campaign otherwise

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

radical meme posted:

I actually hope the debates never happen because its the one way Hillary could blow it; also hope Trump is the one to cancel the debates.

Debating Trump is just a no win situation. You can't debate someone that doesn't believe in facts or reality.

Counterpoint: Hillary at the Benghazi Committee. If that Hillary shows up and she finally has a good answer on the emails, he's toast.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
trump is saving as much money as he can for the nov victory rally month event

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
God, if Hillary walks out there in the debate and gives the same endless, rambling, "well, technically" answer about her emails that she did in that press conference, she's toast.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
He'll make a lot of noise up until the very moment, but I think he'll do at least the first debate

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

zoux posted:

Archie Bunker wasn't the straight to the moon guy smh it was Ralph Kramden

:eng99: yep I done hosed it up

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It's a looong way to the first debate and the campaign landscape is going to look very different then.

If HRC is up 25 pts, does she do the debates?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
shut up everyone, rudy giuliani is about to speak

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Circumstantial_speech

quote:

Circumstantial speech (also referred to as circumstantiality) is the result of a non-linear thought pattern and occurs when the focus of a conversation drifts, but often comes back to the point.[1] In circumstantiality, unnecessary details and irrelevant remarks cause a delay in getting to the point.[2] If someone exhibits circumstantial speech during a conversation, they will often "talk the long way around" to their point, which can be seen in contrast to linear speech, which is direct, succinct, and to the point.

The disorder is often associated with schizophrenia and obsessive-compulsive disorder.

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NhPvuzqSSHE

Elotana
Dec 12, 2003

and i'm putting it all on the goddamn expense account

Deteriorata posted:

My prediction is still that Trump attends the first debate, takes a dive and clutches his knee, and spends the entire time picking fights with the moderators to create a distraction/narrative for his fans. Then refuses to do the rest because media bias.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

rear end cobra posted:

He'll make a lot of noise up until the very moment, but I think he'll do at least the first debate

Yeah, my feeling is that he'll try to win the first debate and back out of the rest.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Thanks to Susan Collins for cutting promos on all the endorsers.

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/763074857210880001

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guiliani talking up the crowd size. They still think crowds = votes.

E: :laffo: He has to clamp down the "Lock her up!" chant.

Okonner
Dec 11, 2008

by exmarx

Raskolnikov38 posted:

is nessun dorma trump's new campaign song because pavarotti can't complain

Given his connections to sleazy people from around NYC I'm surprised he doesn't have the Manowar version licensed.

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Slate Action posted:

God, if Hillary walks out there in the debate and gives the same endless, rambling, "well, technically" answer about her emails that she did in that press conference, she's toast.

It would be embarrassing, but the emails thing is so played out at this point.

I don't think it would have much of an impact unless Trump kidnaps Obama, puts a Trump mask on him, and forces Obama to pull off the debate of his life (while Michelle's fate hangs in the balance). Because the only way an emails answer is going to get airtime is if we don't see the inevitable Trump meltdown after the moderators spend an hour confronting him about his rapid-fire flip flops and outright lies.

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

iospace posted:

Counterpoint: Hillary at the Benghazi Committee. If that Hillary shows up and she finally has a good answer on the emails, he's toast.

Hearings, even in a partisan House, are not the same as the show debates we have in the U.S. She's not going to have the luxury of being able to speak in full, well reasoned sentences without the loving talking yam interrupting her on every question. The moderators are not going to able to control him and it's going to be a complete poo poo show. The idea that Trump will be even a little civilized during the first debate is ridiculous.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lmao rudy trying to wave off the lock her up chants. you created them you douchebag!

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

OMG, he accused Hillary of a crime, then goes "No, no, no" at the resulting "Lock her up" chant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I want to get a bunch of people together then chant "Trump has tiny hands!" at one of his rallies. Most of the chants are three syllable so it'll create some interesting effects.

• Locked thread