Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Pennsyltucky anecdote: my Puerto Rican friend and another friend of ours were going camping in a state park a couple miles from Penn state and they were chased out of the woods by redneck bullets

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

The Immortal Science of Sharksism-Fininism

Boosted_C5 posted:

Nothing crazy about it, we have audio of Hillary Clinton in private railing against the NRA, railing against Heller & McDonald, and railing against Bush for letting the dumb "ASSAULT WEAPON" ban lapse and promising to come hard after 2A.

If the current polls are what things look like in November and the Dems have a chance to repeat '09-'11 with control of everything, you'd be a fool not to buy as many AR lowers and 30 round mags as possible before January. These loving psychos are going to war against the second (and also first) amendments if they get the power to do so.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear AR lowers and 30 round mags, shall not be infringed.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Boosted_C5 posted:

These loving psychos are going to war against the second (and also first) amendments if they get the power to do so.

Yea, okay. Your candidate is the only one talking about "opening up" libel laws, but Hillary's going to war against the first amendment. :jerkbag:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Did he just call for the assassination of HRC

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
I've thrown in with VICEX to take advantage of gun stocks :3

I've also thrown in with te Social Index funds to make up for my evil.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

zoux posted:

Hang on buddy, I'm a random moron on the internet and how dare you

me too tbh

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

Decius posted:

538 has it with only 0.7 R lean.

i think that's the history of the pollster, not this race/cycle?

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Does anyone have that Bayesian tree website that shows pathways to victory?

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
UHHHHHHHHHHHH WHAT THE gently caress WAS THAT ABOUT 2ND AMENDMENT PPL AND JUDGES

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Scalia was apparently supposed to live for 10 more years, hahahaha.

Hey, pro-tip, don't be fat and old.

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

I found the ultimate unskewer thanks to Breitbart

https://www.longroom.com/polls/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

zoux posted:

Did he just call for the assassination of HRC

Wait, what?

sector_corrector posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html bottom of the page

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬
"hillary wants to abolish, essentially abolish the second amendment. by the way and if she gets to pick her judges nothing you can do folks. although the second amendment people maybe there is i dont know"

mannerup fucked around with this message at 20:13 on Aug 9, 2016

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/upshot/presidential-polls-forecast.html

scrolle down

MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

Boosted_C5 posted:

Nothing crazy about it, we have audio of Hillary Clinton in private railing against the NRA, railing against Heller & McDonald, and railing against Bush for letting the dumb "ASSAULT WEAPON" ban lapse and promising to come hard after 2A.

If the current polls are what things look like in November and the Dems have a chance to repeat '09-'11 with control of everything, you'd be a fool not to buy as many AR lowers and 30 round mags as possible before January. These loving psychos are going to war against the second (and also first) amendments if they get the power to do so.

1. How many goddamn elections in a row do you have to buy the gun dealer-sponsored idea that the evil Democrats are coming to steal your guns.

2. Wear the goddamn hat and toxx yourself.

3. Guns are for ~*pussies*~

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

mannerup posted:

"Clinton wants to abolish the 2nd amendment.If she gets her judges, there will be nothing you can do, folks. except maybe the second amendment people"

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Also if Clinton wins PA by 10, I can't imagine Toomey holding on. A few points of ticket splitting is likely, but at that much of a margin its just hard to assume he can hold on.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Josef K. Sourdust posted:

Pro-click. It is so depressing that analysis shows that Trump's tweets expressing positive emotions are almost 100% certain to be staffers. The negative, angry, sarcastic, critical emotions are mostly personally by Trump. Take a look at the link. Really revealing.

Oh, the poor baby is upset by the tone. :(

Get him out of here!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Schnorkles posted:

Also if Clinton wins PA by 10, I can't imagine Toomey holding on. A few points of ticket splitting is likely, but at that much of a margin its just hard to assume he can hold on.

Pretty much. It's why I see them sending some resources over to MO to try to get the state blue, if not the senate seat anyway.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Trump sounds tired, making a lot of weak number-based arguments.

:sad:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'm pretty sure that the 30 round mags are going to be the best investment. I bought 20 of the things and I'm planning on buying another 30 before the election. Nationwide panic buying by tactidads & Trump voters will drive them way, way up by this time next year. And the great thing is, the demographic that's most likely to panic buy is also the most likely to be surprised by a Hillary victory.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

I found the ultimate unskewer thanks to Breitbart

https://www.longroom.com/polls/

someone explain the unskewing thing

how do the determine the bias of a poll

are they just figuring out a percentage they think the polls are off by and then skewing them the other way?

idgi

Shadowhand00
Jan 23, 2006

Golden Bear is ever watching; day by day he prowls, and when he hears the tread of lowly Stanfurd red,from his Lair he fiercely growls.
Toilet Rascal
Is he doing his characteristic rambling as well or it just teleprompter like yesterday?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Boosted_C5 posted:

I have never understood the "they're coming to take our guns! I will buy guns!" mindset.

If "they" were coming to take your guns, "they" would be quite successful. See the Bundy/Tarpman idiots for what happens when you try armed insurrection against the government.

Fortunately for you, Boosted, they are not coming to take your guns.

They should probably come and take your hat, though, and give it to someone who'd wear it. There's probably some poor kid out there wearing Buffalo Bills Super Bowl Champion shirts whose head needs cover from the beating sun.

Karl Sharks
Feb 20, 2008

a dog from hell posted:

Get him out of here!

hi NML are you regretting your year long probation that badly?

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Despera posted:

Neither is CO

Yeah I haven't included CO as a swing state as ages. I'm including them as solid blue in my 269 evaluation.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Shadowhand00 posted:

Is he doing his characteristic rambling as well or it just teleprompter like yesterday?

He's not on prompter, he's reading from notes he has on the podium.

But he's rambling from topic to topic like only Trump or Palin can.

Josef K. Sourdust
Jul 16, 2014

"To be quite frank, Platinum sucks at making games. Vanquish was terrible and Metal Gear Rising: Revengance was so boring it put me to sleep."

a dog from hell posted:

Get him out of here!

I worry about his health. It is bad for the heart to be angry all the time. I just wanna give him a hug to cheer Trumpie up! :glomp:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

iospace posted:

Map with said situation: http://www.270towin.com/maps/zwlEK

At best, right now with that map, Trump ties and hopes that the house stays GOP (which is likely)

The current house would elect the president, so that would be a guaranteed win for... well probably Paul Ryan honestly.

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

mannerup posted:

"clinton wants to abolish the 2nd amendment. if she gets her judges, there will be nothing you can do, folks. Though the second amendment folks, maybe there is"

Does his own Secret Service detail get to do the "veiled threats against a Secret Service Protectee" speech, or do they have to call in a special team for that one?

elime anning
Nov 19, 2002

Morbid Hound

Eonwe posted:

are they just figuring out a percentage they think the polls are off by and then skewing them the other way?

idgi

It's almost always predicated on the assumption that there should be an equal number of Republicans as there are Democrats sampled in the poll, even though the demographic reality is that more Americans identify as D than as R. So if the makeup of a poll say is 54% Ds and 46% Rs, they'll usually straight up subtract 4 points from Clinton and add 4 points to Trump.

(This doesn't even get into the fact that polls don't even weigh by party affiliation!)

Jeb Bush 2012
Apr 4, 2007

A mathematician, like a painter or poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.

Eonwe posted:

idgi

decide how much trump is going to win by, a poll is skewed by the difference between that and what the poll says

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Eonwe posted:

idgi
Short version is that they look at the demographics of the poll and arbitrarily decide "these demographics contain too many people from groups likely to vote for Clinton because they're not the same as 2012/2008/the census/whatthefuckever." Then they do some bullshit math to determine what the poll would look like if the demographics were "correct".

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

RASHIBA WALLACE posted:

It's almost always predicated on the assumption that there should be an equal number of Republicans as there are Democrats sampled in the poll, even though the demographic reality is that more Americans identify as D than as R. So if the makeup of a poll say is 54% Ds and 46% Rs, they'll usually straight up subtract 4 points from Clinton and add 4 points to Trump.

(This doesn't even get into the fact that polls don't even weigh by party affiliation!)

lmao WHAT

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx
Vague calls for his opponent to be assassinated if she wins, mmm you can just taste the pivoting

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Karl Sharks posted:

hi NML are you regretting your year long probation that badly?

That's his roommate, who posts exactly like nml has his same opinions, and didn't post in here until a couple weeks ago. Totally different guy

ohrwurm
Jun 25, 2003

:stare: https://twitter.com/CandaceSmith_/status/763089093957787649

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Edit:

^^^^Ummmmmmmmmmm what

Boosted_C5 posted:

People have been saying this about Obama for drat near eight years now, and yet the same people have bought more guns during his administration than in any past decade. Do you sit around thinking, "Any day now, Obama's going to take all my guns. Any. Day. Now..." *Goes to sleep upright in closet, holding a gun, like in Munich*

If the mass killing of literal children didn't do it, then nothing is going to get gun control legislation passed on a federal level. I lost all hope for it when nothing happened after Newtown. loving cowards.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Boosted_C5 posted:

Serious question: what are the odds Trump will actually pick a competent conservative justice and stick with him? I actually agree with you about gun control but even if I could get past the loopy foreign/economic policies, the virulent racism and hatred, the clear unsuitability for office, I still don't trust him to actually get poo poo done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Jeet Heer caught it too

https://twitter.com/HeerJeet/status/763090949698301952

Mostly I'm surprised my twitter didn't immediately blow the gently caress up seconds after he said it.

• Locked thread