Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Is there actually universal level scaling? I thought it would only boost you up, not down.
Boosting up is what I meant by scaling. I'm 99% sure that it's only going to boost/lower everything to your current level.
E: Repeating question for new page, is One Tamriel going to be forced on players or an optional toggle?

Stunt_enby fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Aug 8, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
Patch Notes

OVERVIEW
The Elder Scrolls Online v2.5.6 is our first incremental patch since Update 11 that fixes a number of common issues including groups not forming correctly, hissing audio when using abilities, the Blade of Woe not awarding any experience, Wrothgar Survey Reports containing a mixture of low-level nodes, and more. Please note that after you download this patch, the launcher will still display the version as 2.5.5; this will be updated in the next incremental patch. The size of this patch is approximately 2.3GB.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS

DLC Game Packs
Dark Brotherhood
Imperial City
Orsinium
Shadows of the Hist
Thieves Guild
Base Game Patch

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, DARK BROTHERHOOD DLC GAME PACK

Combat & Gameplay
General

Fixed an issue where you weren’t being awarded any experience for kills made with the Blade of Woe.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, IMPERIAL CITY DLC GAME PACK

Combat & Gameplay
General

The respawn timer for players has been temporarily set to 0 seconds to address a known issue. This will be reverted back to 10 seconds soon!

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, ORSINIUM DLC GAME PACK

Crafting & Economy
General

Clothier, Blacksmith, and Woodworker Surveys in Wrothgar no longer contain a mixture of CP 90-140 and CP 150-160 nodes, and now contain exclusively CP 150-160 nodes.

Quests & Zones
Quests

The King's Gambit: Vosh Rakh enemies found in the guard’s meeting area will no longer despawn in the middle of a fight once you've killed one of their comrades.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, SHADOWS OF THE HIST DLC GAME PACK

Dungeons & Group Content
Dungeons

Cradle of Shadows
The Atronach Light synergy now persists if your character dies.
The interrupt effects for Velidreth’s Gout of Bile is now easier to see.
Increased the cast time for Velidreth’s Gout of Bile from 1 second to 1.5 seconds.
Velidreth will no longer interrupt her Shadow Sense ability in order to cast Gout of Bile.
Ruins of Mazzatun
The Hist Hallucinations from Tree-Minder Na-Kesh can no longer be dodged.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, THIEVES GUILD DLC GAME PACK

Art & Animation
Animation

Fixed an issue that was causing a number of NPCs in the Thieves Guild quest line to not display any facial animations.

Quests & Zones
Quests

Fixed an issue where some Crime Spree quests would only direct you to Grahtwood or Greenshade at first.

FIXES & IMPROVEMENTS, BASE GAME PATCH

Audio
General

Fixed an issue that was causing some abilities to have a hissing noise when activated.

Combat & Gameplay
General

Fixed an issue where you would not appear to be grouped with other player characters after sending a group invite.
This also fixes the issue where it would appear as though a player character accepted an invite and immediately leaves.

Dungeons & Group Content
Dungeons

Crypt of Hearts
Nerien'eth's Cursed Ground and Soul Surge attacks will now always do damage.
Volenfell
Quintus Verres will be less verbose in combat when he begins summoning his Gargoyle ally.

Miscellaneous
Japanese Game Client

Japanese Mac game clients will no longer crash upon launch.

Quests & Zones
Auridon

Depths of Madness: Minatelle's Rage will now spawn faster for new player characters entering the area.

Coldharbour

Light From the Darkness: Using the Light of Meridia quest item is now more responsive.

Glenumbra

Angof the Gravesinger: Grouped players who are not present at the time their groupmates kill Vorthag or Rotroot will no longer be blocked and unable to acquire the associated items.

UI
General

Fixed an issue where your character would be facing the wrong direction or spin around when opening a UI menu.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Stuntman posted:

Boosting up is what I meant by scaling. I'm 99% sure that it's only going to boost/lower everything to your current level.
E: Repeating question for new page, is One Tamriel going to be forced on players or an optional toggle?

Well I cannot say I'm certain I would bet everything on it indeed being forced on us all. I honestly don't know how total scaled content is going to work however. Like will it say we're just CP 160 the entire time?

Beefeater
May 17, 2003

I'm hungry.
Hair Elf
http://www.pcgamer.com/one-tamriel-open-up-the-elder-scrolls-online-to-every-explorer/

From what I've read in this (and other articles), an optimum level will be assigned to each zone. Your character level will effectively boosted or reduced to said optimum level. So anyone can do any zone with any player from any faction at any time in their level progression.

It is noted that players scaling down to lower zones will have an inherent advantage of course, due to having better gear, more abilities and champ points.

quote:

“In general, higher level players will be the same 'level' as lower level players, but they will have far more tools in their arsenal: better gear, more abilities, and of course more Champion points,” Firor wrote. “We will adjust gear rewards to scale appropriately to make sure that there is always a way to get more powerful via crafting, questing, PvP, and dungeon/trial boss loot drops.”

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Beefeater posted:

http://www.pcgamer.com/one-tamriel-open-up-the-elder-scrolls-online-to-every-explorer/

From what I've read in this (and other articles), an optimum level will be assigned to each zone. Your character level will effectively boosted or reduced to said optimum level. So anyone can do any zone with any player from any faction at any time in their level progression.

It is noted that players scaling down to lower zones will have an inherent advantage of course, due to having better gear, more abilities and champ points.

Oh poo poo, this makes One Tamriel infinitely more appealing. I'd love to be scaled down to other areas. How does this work with the level 50 "visiting other faction" areas?

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Aramek posted:

Well I cannot say I'm certain I would bet everything on it indeed being forced on us all. I honestly don't know how total scaled content is going to work however. Like will it say we're just CP 160 the entire time?

It will probably be just like the DLC boosting works, if I had to guess. I doubt it will be optional since there is going to be new dailies revisiting old delves and stuff like that with the old content so if it were someone could just turn off boosting in old areas and slam dunk on mobs in seconds instead of tens of seconds.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Servers are up btw

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Downscaling is a stupid way to do things and I seriously hope they just battle-level everyone to 160.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Just finished creating my character before I had to go to sleep last night. Dunmer Sorcerer. Going to be playing the tutorial thing tonight.

I'd like an invite, @InvernessMoon

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Beefeater posted:

Ok, that's not horrible. Guess I can still manually ensure I'm only doing zones at my actual level to satiate my MMO autism.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Stuntman posted:

Ok, that's not horrible. Guess I can still manually ensure I'm only doing zones at my actual level to satiate my MMO autism.

If scaling works the same as DLC, and you just sticked to doing the originally intended zone progression, you probably wouldn't notice anything terribly different. You'd still be limited to not having all your abilities/passives unlocked and if you already have champion points just not spend those until you hit 50.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
I think they should limit level 15 and below to the three starting areas and give a wayshrine for each of the three. I've had some trouble with people doing random dungeons and not having any skills at all.

lady volk
Aug 30, 2014
i would love to join the guild @lemom

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Scyantific posted:

Downscaling is a stupid way to do things and I seriously hope they just battle-level everyone to 160.

In all honesty, I think down scaling in certain beginner zones is way cooler than upscaling everyone to 160. Because, like, the most fun part of an MMO is watching your numbers get bigger, right? If everyone started at a scaled 160, your numbers would kinda flounder/go down as you actually leveled. Then up again as you hit max level and got gold gear, etc.

Bustycops
Mar 3, 2010

Sup Lads
After like 3 days of being befuddled by my Death recap in PvP, I've joined the shitter bandwagon.

It hits like a mack truck, and it's hilarious watching players get brutalized by random poison damage because the set has a 100% proc chance.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my sorcerer at this point, but I did stumble upon this build: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sorcerer+Destruction+Staff+Survival+DPS+Build

Any thoughts?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Maelstrom run 2 complete. Defending Maelstrom Bow was the reward.

Total time: Approximately 2 hours (1.5 from last night up to stage 8, 30 minutes today clearing 8 & 9)

Still having a poo poo time with stages 3 and 5 (gently caress stage 5, doom you can tell Finnigan that), and some minor trouble with Voriak Solkyn, but I think changing from Imperial to Redguard helped out a ton in terms of sustain.

Gonna run a few more times before I make my attempts at leaderboarding.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Inverness posted:

I'm not sure what I'm going to do with my sorcerer at this point, but I did stumble upon this build: http://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Sorcerer+Destruction+Staff+Survival+DPS+Build

Any thoughts?

I'm no expert when it comes to magic sorc, but, I got mad looking at this.

I'm sure this is a great build for soloing everything! But, if you're ever in a group/dungeons/trials, all this is gonna do is gently caress everything up, make the job way harder on the tank, and get yourself killed. It certainly does do what it promises: trade dps for survivability, but, yeah, beyond a good soloing build, yeeesh.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Soo...... Is this thing still rolling?

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

So any advice about skill points? I'm not sure how rare they are or how many skills it's normal to unlock or anything like that. Is it normal to unlock skills from several different trees? Is it normal to spend skill points as soon as you get them?

Any recommended beginner guide for sorcerers? A lot of build information I see from searching on Google expects you to have advanced knowledge of the game and/or be heavy into min-maxing.

SabinBlitz
May 19, 2015

Firm believer that muscles conquers all
Wish I had decided to roll Pact. Now I gotta start my DK over. Invite @sabinblitz please.

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Inverness posted:

Any recommended beginner guide for sorcerers?

I'm new to this game but from what I've read, after you get past the initial stages (progress to a particular city/zone), resetting points is only a minimal gold cost
----

would appreciate a guild invite for @ragle :)

Glockenapfel
Mar 9, 2013

Anyone know if PVP is still a laggy mess on ps4?

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Inverness posted:

Any thoughts?
Yowsa. This seems like a very bad/weird endgame build for.. everything! Might be that it's just old/outdated, but with the guy putting 49 points into health, I'm guessing it's more a shroom related issue.

Inverness posted:

So any advice about skill points? I'm not sure how rare they are or how many skills it's normal to unlock or anything like that. Is it normal to unlock skills from several different trees? Is it normal to spend skill points as soon as you get them?

Any recommended beginner guide for sorcerers? A lot of build information I see from searching on Google expects you to have advanced knowledge of the game and/or be heavy into min-maxing.
What level are you and what do you want to do? I did lots of weird stuff while levelling up, to morph and max out skills and find out how they worked. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend doing the same. Easy spammable dps can be a weave of 'medium' staff attack (dont click, but hold for like 1/5th of a second) and force pulse (morph from force shock).

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
If any of you ps4 guys want a guild to utilize the bank to trade recipes and motifs or whatever you are welcome to mine. I kept it at 10 people to use it for crafting space but now with the crafting bag that is pointless so it can become the new goon ps4 guild. Send me a friend invite at ExCruceLeo and I can send you an invite.

DoctoRadox
Nov 7, 2010

Glockenapfel posted:

Anyone know if PVP is still a laggy mess on ps4?

Only in Scourge, but you'd have to be crazy to want to play in that zergfest anyway.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

valuum posted:

What level are you and what do you want to do?
I'm probably going to go towards a more crowd control focused character rather than pure DPS.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
So I'm allegedly approaching a content drought between levels 30-40, is this true? And would this be a good time to do that expansion DLC that I've been avoiding?

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

So I'm allegedly approaching a content drought between levels 30-40, is this true? And would this be a good time to do that expansion DLC that I've been avoiding?

I don't think you should approach any sort of content drought, at least not from what i recall. Although I did tend to take things slower, did literally EVERY quest, and sometimes had to fight through things twice because a quest sent me back to a dungeon I'd already done or whatever.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Last time I played through the actual story 1-50 I was halfway through VR 1 before finishing the main quest so that was before they made exp rewards better in various ways.

I think anyone saying there is a content draught for that level range is either confused or its from a real old source.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
There is always Cyrodiil as well.

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger

I think you can do 30-40+ in cold harbour? There are a few good grind spots. If you finish cold harbour (three main quests to move on I think) you can then finish the rest on Caldwells gold and silver. Again, good grind spots if you look. Alternatively you can use a Cyrodill delve. Cracked Wood Cave is often used, but that can be a drawback. It's harder to pull and AoE grind some of the others, but they have the advantage of being more or less gank free if you just want grind up exp. get a partner if you go that way I would say.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Berke Negri posted:

Last time I played through the actual story 1-50 I was halfway through VR 1 before finishing the main quest so that was before they made exp rewards better in various ways.

I think anyone saying there is a content draught for that level range is either confused or its from a real old source.

Yeah I was quarter of the way to VR2 when I started cadwell's silver.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Really interested in the whole level scaling thing and it's probably how the game should have launched. Being able to traverse a huge open world with friends and have everything scale to each other's levels is how MMORPGs should have always worked. It's illogical to not give players every opportunity to cooperate with each other on a level playing field in a massively multiplayer online game.

Also could I get a guild invite, under @extraextra thank you.

puberty worked me over fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Aug 10, 2016

valuum
Sep 3, 2003
ø

Inverness posted:

I'm probably going to go towards a more crowd control focused character rather than pure DPS.

Whatever works best/is more fun for you, is optimal, or something like that. Bringing out both pets for world bosses helps a lot, for example. Builds dont really matter much until the endgame anyway.

e: I had a little "content draught" issue after finishing cadwell's gold at VR14 or so, but with all the DLC this shouldnt be an issue anymore.

valuum fucked around with this message at 12:39 on Aug 10, 2016

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry
Just started playing with a friend and we're both level 8, we've been doing the quests out in the open but it's starting to get kind of repetitive. We wanted to know when we can start doing dungeons. Tired of these super simple fetch quests.

What level can we start expecting dungeons? We are Ebonhart Pact.

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Been playing for a couple of weeks now and have mixed feelings about the game. I really enjoy the customization with character skills. I'm rolling a medium armor sorc with 2-h (enhance shammy mimic) and he does pretty good DPS. Additionally, as mentioned throughout this thread the randomness of the quests definitely feels like Guild Wars 2 - which is a good thing.

On the other hand, the leveling is so slow and it feels like you could easily play for 90mins and not accomplish much. This could be due to only getting skill points when leveling (or discovering skyshards) as well. It also just doesn't feel like a polished MMO; not sure if this is due to functionality or lack of available classes. There's just something oddly strange about the gameplay. Maybe it's because I was expecting true Morrowind/Skyrim combat and not one based on targeting? As for the classes, they feel very distinct but there are only four of them.

Any similar or contrasting feelings? (keep in mind I'm playing on XB1).

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Biodome posted:

Just started playing with a friend and we're both level 8, we've been doing the quests out in the open but it's starting to get kind of repetitive. We wanted to know when we can start doing dungeons. Tired of these super simple fetch quests.

Is it 10 or 15? I don't remember but please don't do them until level 15. You need some decent skills with morphs.

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

Biodome posted:

Yeah, I love you guys (Ebonheart Goons) but I seriously do not like Ebonheart Pact's PVE areas, its all arranged very haphazardly as compared to Daggerfall Covenant's which was very linear and easy to follow.
In any case, I'd say stick with the Pact anyway and get a couple more levels, then start doing dungeons. The first one you should consider is Fungal Grotto, the one connected to the quest you might have picked up in Stonefalls to join The Undaunted. That's sort of your introductory course. Otherwise, I would say start up a party and get in the dungeon group finder and hope it pairs you with a couple of reliable player. Or, better yet, ask in the Ebonheart Goons guild chat and get a couple of people either in the same level range or hopefully bored enough to just come and help keep you alive.

Is it 10 or 15? I don't remember but please don't do them until level 15. You need some decent skills with morphs.

You can do early dungeons like Spindleclutch and Banished Cells at 10 fairly easily (read: you will die only a few times before you get it). Everything is scaled and if you've come up with a skill system that you've been comfortably killing tough poo poo (read: world bosses, quest champions, etc.) then you can manage it. Level 15 is when you get your second bar, which can be incredibly helpful by giving you a secondary option for a weapon skill or otherwise another 5 slots for skills like buffs, heals or more damage. Later dungeons are accessible as well, you just have to expect more game mechanics that will destroy you and your party without proper preparation.

Jeff Goldblum fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Aug 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sogol
Apr 11, 2013

Galileo's Finger
In my own experience getting your second bar is a big deal and changes the game (lvl 15). By about lvl25 I usually begin to feel good about the skills I can put on both bars if I have stayed focused on particular skill lines. In the 30’s I will usually start to explore new skill lines or develop ones I have neglected.

I also think the EP line is a bit harder to follow than DC. Some people like that, some do not. The only real reason to follow the quest lines is to explore the content to your satisfaction. It's by no means that fastest way to level. It doesn't give particularly amazing rewards outside of the skill points, though if you manage it the experience gains can be good and are a very good way to level a second buff bar that might not be leveling because you are not using it to kill things. That means, always consider switching to your second bar or buff bar when turning in quests. If you are questing a lot then they will stay pretty close to your main attack skills.

I did the main zone based quest lines all the way through to Caldwell's starting in both DC and EP. I did most of the AD line in Caldwells. Actually I did literally every quest in every zone of DC on my first character up to mid Caldwells gold. The only real difficulty there was that I was constantly out leveling the mobs in the zone, though quest rewards scale.

• Locked thread