Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Perhaps a hamster posted:

First Little People.

Cherok-wee

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

canyoneer posted:

Cherok-wee

Inuwiddle.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Iroqu-shortboy

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

canyoneer posted:

Cherok-wee

The Cwee men works better

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

prahanormal posted:

Only schadenfreude here are the complete morons who trying to publicly shame people who obveously need some loving help, and making the rest of them so paranoid that it hurts legitimate investigations. Bunch of wankers, the lot of them.

Lol good one, but it would be more scoodyfroodyriffic if next time you just post a video of yourself getting hit in the gonads.

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

canyoneer posted:

Cherok-wee

Choctawww

Semiseminole

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Why is the Census a big scary thing we shouldn't cooperate with?

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Met posted:

Why is the Census a big scary thing we shouldn't cooperate with?

Previous censuses were just demographic data and nothing specifically tying information to a single person was maintained. This one is recording specific information about individuals including their full legal name, and last I checked they were being stored in plaintext on their servers.

Also they just claimed that their servers are unhackable which basically means every hacker in the world is going to be trying now.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Grim Up North posted:

Another "case":

Maybe leave it to the pros?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAlS4X2l-Hg

Toss the poo poo in jail, but jesus christ the people who shot this video sound like total cunts as well.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.

Eggbeater Jesus posted:

Choctawww

Semiseminole

Low Gros Ventre

Quarter Coeur d'Alene

Microcrow

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

ilmucche posted:

Toss the poo poo in jail, but jesus christ the people who shot this video sound like total cunts as well.

"that's assault!" says the cameraman, after trying to physically force the guy to stay

Pedophile panic is the worst and all it does is lead to lovely witchhunts. The most dangerous pedophiles are the ones having children provided to them by the BBC.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

Solice Kirsk posted:

How about we use their names for themselves and not lump them all together? They weren't one nation after all. That's racist.

Correct. I graduated at a high school that was well over 50% Ojibwe. "Indian" was always OK to say. You could say "Native American" but that always sounded a little PC. Anishinaabe was very, very common. Ojibwe was the standard. Calling someone your niij was also fine.

Remember though, Ojibwe is not Lakota. Very different groups. They didn't get along well back in the day. First Nation is too all-encompassing in my opinion.

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
Isn't this internet vigilantism inadmissible in court as evidence since it's entrapment

Short Penguin
Jun 1, 2010

chitoryu12 posted:

Harley got a lot better in the comics where she dropped the Joker and all the abusive relationship stuff.

What you really gotta be worried about are the girls who talk about how they want "a relationship like the Joker and Harley". That's terrifying.

Harley is amazing in the comics. She's in a healthy relationship with ivy and takes no poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

plain blue jacket posted:

Isn't this internet vigilantism inadmissible in court as evidence since it's entrapment

Now you've got me curious about British law for this sort-of thing.

Short Penguin posted:

Harley is amazing in the comics. She's in a healthy relationship with ivy and takes no poo poo.

She's "Deadpool with tits." It's about as good as it sounds--way better than you'd think but when it's bad it's bad and it's bad at least half the time.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

plain blue jacket posted:

Entrapment is enticing someone into a crime they wouldn't have (necessarily) done otherwise.

OK:
Hanging out in a chatroom pretending to be a 15 year old boy and arresting someone when they message you asking if you'd like to meet for some hot sex

Not OK:
Hanging out in a chatroom pretending to be a 15 year old boy and arresting someone after you message them to encourage them to meet you for some hot sex

Both scumbags, but in the second case you can't prove they ever would have done anything wrong if you hadn't approached them about it in the first place

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

You ever wondered what a broken butt (and head) sounds like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGkmOsI6GHc

the video comments say the dude on the right died, but i found a news article and he survived

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
The-People-Who-Have-No-Concept-Of-Ownership-But-Spend-A-Lot-Of-Time-Talking-About-What's-Theirs

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

The-People-Who-Have-No-Concept-Of-Ownership-But-Spend-A-Lot-Of-Time-Talking-About-What's-Theirs

this is p racist

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

:perfect:

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

what's so hard to comprehend about First Peoples being a good label for the native populations throughout the entire world

this is like when people got up in arms about the word cisgender

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

What you expected hasn't happened.
Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:rolleyes: Plenty of Native tribes had concept of ownership, though most of our cultural ideas on communal land usage were different from how Europeans thought of it at the time. That doesn't mean we didn't understand a group of people living on and using land. This is like listening to one of those people who thinks that in a communist society you're not allowed to have your own toothbrush.

FlyinPingu posted:

what's so hard to comprehend about First Peoples being a good label for the native populations throughout the entire world

Honestly I think most of the terms are fine. First Nations, Native American, American Indian, whatever. I usually call myself (capital-N) Native American and I've never had anyone, Native or not, think it's inappropriate. Except some goons I guess?

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

I wish I could hear the keeper talking to them after.

Please don't give the dolphins anything to eat
IT STOLE MY IPAD
Please don;t give the dolphins toys either, they could be dangerous
IT PULLED IT OUT OF MY HAND
Please don't feed the dolphins

Also, has anyone bothered to ask first people what they want to be collectively called and go with that whatever it is? Or go with 'Pre-mericans', since they sure as hell didn't call the two continents 'the americas'. Or will that let racists go an about how they aren't Americans? Probably.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

FlyinPingu posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htjRPQES1q8&t=83s

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Trump just did another thing

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Telemaze posted:

Honestly I think most of the terms are fine. First Nations, Native American, American Indian, whatever. I usually call myself (capital-N) Native American and I've never had anyone, Native or not, think it's inappropriate. Except some goons I guess?

I don't think anyone argues for "First People" as a means of sensitivity aside from well, the usual fringe dumbasses. It's really more of a measure of anthropological accuracy in a way that doesn't piss off every :smug: white dumbfuck who wants to go "I was born here I'm a Native American!"

I haven't seen this clip since it aired, only in dumb meme form. That guy has great comedic timing.

Granted the remaining time between now and November is like four lifetimes in politics so Hanlon's Razor applies. Still, the :tinfoil: theories about Trump being a PR stunt that got out of hand or a conspiracy with the DNC to get Hillary in office become more plausible by the day.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

Aerdan posted:

I was going to say something snarkier about this suggestion, but I'm sure the reason why that won't work will come to you eventually.

Pre-slaughter by white assholes & smallpox

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Telemaze posted:

:rolleyes: Plenty of Native tribes had concept of ownership, though most of our cultural ideas on communal land usage were different from how Europeans thought of it at the time. That doesn't mean we didn't understand a group of people living on and using land. This is like listening to one of those people who thinks that in a communist society you're not allowed to have your own toothbrush.

Please explain to us more about the noble savage on somethinawfuldotcom forums.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

mind the walrus posted:

Granted the remaining time between now and November is like four lifetimes in politics so Hanlon's Razor applies. Still, the :tinfoil: theories about Trump being a PR stunt that got out of hand or a conspiracy with the DNC to get Hillary in office become more plausible by the day.

No you see we're just reading into it. He clearly means that people need to be unified like the 2nd amendment people and vote for him instead of Hillary.
https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/763103137234317312

Thank you for some funny schaden in which no one dies and the person involved laughs at their own misfortune.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Outrail posted:

Also, has anyone bothered to ask first people what they want to be collectively called and go with that whatever it is? Or go with 'Pre-mericans', since they sure as hell didn't call the two continents 'the americas'. Or will that let racists go an about how they aren't Americans? Probably.

You'd get different answers from different people. I don't personally know anyone who is super serious about it, though I'm sure they're out there. I mean I have a ton of relatives who still just call themselves Indians and no one gives a poo poo.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Please explain to us more about the noble savage on somethinawfuldotcom forums.

I actually am one of those "noble savages" you stupid gently caress.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

e: :vince:

Hoooooly poo poo. gonna link this here for embed convenience purposes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxkkrNSv-4

Semi-related: when I was a teacher, some particularly lovely students would imply horrible things, and since they didn't explicitly say the horrible things they would get upset when they were called out on it and punished.

BrianBoitano has a new favorite as of 21:42 on Aug 9, 2016

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

BrianBoitano posted:

e: :vince:

Hoooooly poo poo. gonna link this here for embed convenience purposes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcxkkrNSv-4

Semi-related: when I was a teacher, some particularly lovely students would imply horrible things, and since they didn't explicitly say the horrible things they would get upset when they were called out on it and punished.

guys he was just talking about the unity of the 2nd amendment voting block

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/763102338953478144/photo/1

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/status/763103137234317312

lol

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Even if they're doing a poo poo job I think Trump's Damage Control people need a raise because they must be constantly working OT.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Telemaze posted:

I actually am one of those "noble savages" you stupid gently caress.

Sir, please use the term "First Peoples".

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

pik_d posted:

The Cwee men works better

The Cwee Fwee Men.

Telemaze
Apr 22, 2008

Fun Shoe

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

Sir, please use the term "First Peoples".

I'm a ma'am, not a sir. You're really bad at this, Bloody Hedgehog.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

mind the walrus posted:

Even if they're doing a poo poo job I think Trump's Damage Control people need a raise because they must be constantly working OT.

No amount of money could compensate for the amount of work and stress those folks have to be experiencing right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

prahanormal posted:

No amount of money could compensate for the amount of work and stress those folks have to be experiencing right now.

Pretty sure they don't care about ethics so they'll say whatever the hell they want for the campaign. Money is a nice salve for stress and worry.