Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

LmaoTheKid posted:

How many of those targets is he going to drop?

You mean draw PI calls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
So I was trying to sort through keepers in one of my leagues. It's a 12 team superflex league, and there are likely going to be very few QBs to draft. Ben, Rivers and Cutler all go back into the pool this year, but Ben and Rivers will likely be taken by my pick. I need to choose six, and given the format have 7 very keepable dudes.

Russel Wilson (1)
Tyrod Taylor (2)
Jarvis Landry (4)
Allen Robinson (4)
Dez Bryant (2)
Lamar Miller (2)
Todd Gurley (5)

The numbers in parentheses are how long I can keep those players for, there's no other cost associated. No PPR, standard scoring otherwise. My instinct is to keep 2 QB, 2 WR, and 2 RB. I'm loathe to drop any of the receivers though. Given that I draft 12th of 12, if I send back Taylor, I'm probably replacing him with someone like Cutler and then someone like Osweiler or a rookie (if I can grab a 3rd QB), which might be OK this year, but could be tragic next year when I lose Wilson. I've an offer to move Landry or Dez for a 3rd round pick, I haven't been able to get anything better yet. How would y'all do this?

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Shoe do do do do do do do
Shoe do do do do do do yeah
Superflex I'd probably rather have Tyrod plus a third than Landry, particularly in standard, unless you had some pretty big return yard scoring.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Yeah I think in standard scoring Landry is the odd man out there.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Thirded. That 3rd rounder is going to be next to worthless with every team keeping 6, but it's worth more than just dropping Landry obviously.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/763019627895070720

Maybe all of those Chris Hogan shares I've been aquiring will actually pay off...

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Spoeank posted:

Look at the kid lmaoing someone who's gonna get 125+ targets who is going in double digit rounds.

Look at someone who wants to draft the guy who is going to catch less than 60 of those targets and they'll all come in the 5 games that you bench him

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Look at someone who wants to draft the guy who is going to catch less than 60 of those targets and they'll all come in the 5 games that you bench him

- People about DeSean Jackson before Chip guided his breakout

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

Bellmaker posted:

I feel like Lamar Miller is the only RB I'm comfortable taking in the first, his biggest issue last year was the Dolphins' bizarre playcalling and Houston seems like the perfect fit.

I mean Lamar is probably going to be better this year, but as far as sure things go there are definitely better options.

I would personally take AP, Gurley, Johnson, Bell, and maybe Ingram over Miller this year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Spoeank posted:

- People about DeSean Jackson before Chip guided his breakout

DeSean Jackson has and will always be a better WR than Torrey Smith and the only real reason anyone has ever had to fade Jackson was his health and not his ability to play football

That said, he's also streaky as poo poo and often not worth owning because of the lineup headache that goes with a guy who alternates 18+ and <5 point games.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Aug 9, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Look, I'm not saying he's not worth drafting at his ADP, but he seems like a guy like Foster was last year, where you get him for a song (relative to his potential) and then you flip him to some rube for an Actually Good Player.

Anyone going into 2016 planning to get more than one or two meaningful games out of Torrey Smith should give me a ring if they're ever looking to get into the world of Everglades real estate

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Don't have a dog in this fight, but Foster is pretty good, dude.

In before "injury prone".

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Not last year or probably ever again!

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Last year, anybody who owned him got three consecutive games of 20+ ppr points basically for free. And I don't mean in the "had a run of three good games inside of a longer stretch" sense. I mean every single time you would be starting him, he was one of the best running backs in fantasy football. He was still good last year.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

And I drafted him at every opportunity, traded him right before he came back for guys like OBJ/Hilton/Thomas, and laughed all the way to the league championship while the new Foster owner flamed out in the first round with no WR1 or RB

It's not DFS, so those three games don't really mean all that much in the long run when you were short a bench spot for the first 4-6 weeks of the season and then didn't have him when you needed him the most. Foster was a sucker bet going into the season and his only real value was as a mid-round trade chip

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Cervixalot posted:

https://twitter.com/tomecurran/status/763019627895070720

Maybe all of those Chris Hogan shares I've been aquiring will actually pay off...

Had a choice between Edelman and Baldwin in my SAS draft. Picked Baldwin.

And then Hogan a few rounds later. :getin:

Papes
Apr 13, 2010

There's always something at the bottom of the bag.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Had a choice between Edelman and Baldwin in my SAS draft. Picked Baldwin.

And then Hogan a few rounds later. :getin:

Terrible choice, Edelman is probably fine

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Question for all you goons.

My main league this year is switching from a yearly redraft to a 2x or 3x keeper and auction draft and we are discussing what the rules should be for keepers.

It is a 14 person QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FLEX/DST/K standard scoring

Here is what was suggested.

Im completely new to this, any thoughts? What does everyone else use?

Paint Crop Pro fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Aug 9, 2016

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

Teemu Pokemon posted:

And I drafted him at every opportunity, traded him right before he came back for guys like OBJ/Hilton/Thomas, and laughed all the way to the league championship while the new Foster owner flamed out in the first round with no WR1 or RB

It's not DFS, so those three games don't really mean all that much in the long run when you were short a bench spot for the first 4-6 weeks of the season and then didn't have him when you needed him the most. Foster was a sucker bet going into the season and his only real value was as a mid-round trade chip

A) There isn't a competitive league on the planet where you could trade Foster for OBJ last year,
B) I have no clue what game you are playing if scoring a lot more points than the other guy for a quarter of your season isn't meaningful.

Like, "winning" trades is nice and all, but it is orthogonal to the question of whether or not Foster was good last year (he was).

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Forever_Peace posted:

Yeah I've actually kind have been liking the 3-4 spot. At 6/7 your 1st round pick always feels like a reach - AP, David Johnson, Dez, AJ Green etc.

But for fun, here's how my idea of a good draft at the 1 spot would hopefully go, assuming a 12-team ppr.

Here is how my first mock of the day ended up going. They gave me a draft grade of A, which I know doesn't mean much but it was the first time getting above a C when drafting from 1st. I actually really like this team but think it is unlikely to occur in my league (Rodgers won't last until the 4/5 turn). Let me know what you think and where I can improve!

If there is one weakness I see its RB depth but I like this team otherwise. Here is the draft board so you can see where each pick happened.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

So I'm doing my first auction draft this year and have started to do a little prep to get a feel for it. Just did my first mock - 12 teams, PPR, $200 budget. Anything here look particularly egregious or savvy? I ended up with $6 left over, which I didn't like, and my RB2 situation is kinda ugly. How'd I do overall?

QB Derek Carr - $1
RB Lamar Miller - $55
RB Matt Jones - $7
WR A.J. Green - $56
WR Keenan Allen - $28
TE Coby Fleener - $3
FLEX Randall Cobb - $13
Broncos D/ST - $1
K Stephen Gostkowski - $2

Bench

Donte Moncrief - $8
Danny Woodhead - $6
Frank Gore - $5
Marvin Jones - $2
Giovani Bernard - $3
Chris Ivory - $2
Vincent Jackson - $2

Paid $2 for Gostkowski because I knew I'd have money leftover and wanted to steal him from the guy that nominated him. Have to do a little more prep in terms of ADPs this year as well.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Gobias Ind. posted:

So I'm doing my first auction draft this year and have started to do a little prep to get a feel for it. Just did my first mock - 12 teams, PPR, $200 budget. Anything here look particularly egregious or savvy? I ended up with $6 left over, which I didn't like, and my RB2 situation is kinda ugly. How'd I do overall?

QB Derek Carr - $1
RB Lamar Miller - $55
RB Matt Jones - $7
WR A.J. Green - $56
WR Keenan Allen - $28
TE Coby Fleener - $3
FLEX Randall Cobb - $13
Broncos D/ST - $1
K Stephen Gostkowski - $2

Bench

Donte Moncrief - $8
Danny Woodhead - $6
Frank Gore - $5
Marvin Jones - $2
Giovani Bernard - $3
Chris Ivory - $2
Vincent Jackson - $2

Paid $2 for Gostkowski because I knew I'd have money leftover and wanted to steal him from the guy that nominated him. Have to do a little more prep in terms of ADPs this year as well.

Overall I lke that team a lot. Bernard is a solid RB2 in PPR and Woodhead has been right around low RB1 in PPR. Both your starting WRs would be monsters in PPR barring injury. Not to mention Cobb could go off if GBs passing game returns to pre 2015 level.

Carrs TDs numbers will probably regress this year but he should be solid for a 1$ overall bid.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

OxySnake posted:

Overall I lke that team a lot. Bernard is a solid RB2 in PPR and Woodhead has been right around low RB1 in PPR. Both your starting WRs would be monsters in PPR barring injury. Not to mention Cobb could go off if GBs passing game returns to pre 2015 level.

Carrs TDs numbers will probably regress this year but he should be solid for a 1$ overall bid.

Cool, thanks. I think I'm really going to like auction-style drafting; it's definitely an adjustment when you're letting 20+ consecutive players go by without really bidding. Felt like I was letting too many good players go.

Fairly happy with how that team turned out though. Going to really heavily target Keenan Allen this year, especially in PPR.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

MrSargent posted:

Here is how my first mock of the day ended up going. They gave me a draft grade of A, which I know doesn't mean much but it was the first time getting above a C when drafting from 1st. I actually really like this team but think it is unlikely to occur in my league (Rodgers won't last until the 4/5 turn). Let me know what you think and where I can improve!

Yeah I like it. Bummer that the #3 team kept sniping the "ideal falls" from you (Dion/Sims/Aiken etc).

ARodg then Mathews at the next turn was a pretty huge coup in this particular draft though. With a big marginal advantage at both QB and WRs, as well as a starting running back at rb3, you could have potentially afforded to wait a bit longer at starting TE in order to take at least one more upside RB like Coleman or Washington. The starters you had at that point were good enough to let you start taking more risk for your bench.

Overall I'd be happy with that from the 1 though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
Can keep 1 (I have the 9th pick in the 1st round of a 10 team league)

A Peterson for a 1st round pick
Cam Newton for a 7th
Jerrick McKinnon for a 10th.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Teemu Pokemon posted:

Congrats on playing with all retards then? Whoever traded OBJ for Foster coming off an injury before the season even started is just retarded.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Cam Newton for a 7th

If it's 6 pounts per passing TD i'd say Cam.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

VietCampo posted:

It's 4.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

I'd still probably lean towards Cam, there's a chance AP will still be there when you pick 9th, or at the least one of Bell, AP, Miller possibly.

MrSargent
Dec 23, 2003

Sometimes, there's a man, well, he's the man for his time and place. He fits right in there. And that's Jimmy T.

Forever_Peace posted:

Yeah I like it. Bummer that the #3 team kept sniping the "ideal falls" from you (Dion/Sims/Aiken etc).

ARodg then Mathews at the next turn was a pretty huge coup in this particular draft though. With a big marginal advantage at both QB and WRs, as well as a starting running back at rb3, you could have potentially afforded to wait a bit longer at starting TE in order to take at least one more upside RB like Coleman or Washington. The starters you had at that point were good enough to let you start taking more risk for your bench.

Overall I'd be happy with that from the 1 though.

Yah the reason I went TE so early is because in my experience in those drafts, if I waited until the next turn, my options were Dwayne Allen and Ebron. Maybe I'm too concerned over Ebrons injury but Allen doesn't inspire much confidence.

Honore_De_Balzac
Feb 12, 2013

mcmagic posted:

Cam Newton for a 7th

I would keep AP. In a nonkeeper getting him a 9 seems solid.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

VietCampo posted:

4 pt passing makes him better compared to non-running QBs, though

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RVProfootballer posted:

4 pt passing makes him better compared to non-running QBs, though

Yea, either way i think i'd pick him over AP at a first round price, because there's still a good chance even with the 9th pick he walks away with a top RB (or even AP) or just grabs a top WR. Getting Cam at the 7th gives him decent value on a top 3 QB and can use his first 6 picks on RB/WR's i guess.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I just don't understand why Rawls is so low. He's off the PUP list and was a BEAST last year. Getting him in the late 3rd/early 4th seems like a steal.

Forever_Peace
May 7, 2007

I have had Rawls as a top 10 RB for months (see thread history).

But I'll be the first to admit that regression is probable. Still like him.

Forever_Peace fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Aug 10, 2016

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

89 posted:

I just don't understand why Rawls is so low. He's off the PUP list and was a BEAST last year. Getting him in the late 3rd/early 4th seems like a steal.

Doug Baldwin also had 14 TDs and a ton of guys in my league detest drafting Russell Wilson. But then every year it's a race to see who'll draft the Seahawks D first.

Rawls usage should be nutso good as long as Christine Michael remains a unicorn. Only issue is they never use him to catch passes which burns his value in my PPR leagues.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Papes posted:

Terrible choice, Edelman is probably fine

Probably, but it's 0 PPR and I really hate Edelman's injury history. Also Tom is old.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
The games Rawls wasn't injured/Lynch playing:

Week 3 - 16 carries, 104 yards
Week 4 - 17 carries - 48 yards
Week 5 - 23 carries - 169 yards, 1 TD
Week 10 - 30 carries - 209 yards, 1 Rush TD, 1 Recieving TD
Week 11 - 21 carries - 81 yards, 1 TD
Week 12 - 19 carries - 101 yards, 1 TD

Averaged 5.3 yards a carry in the year.

I'd feel confident taking Rawls in the late 3rd or 4th. The real question is if I'd rather start with the combo of Lamar or Jamaal/Brandon Marshall or just grab Lamar AND Jamaal and go Rawls or Forte to just have a crazy stacked RB + Flex position. Then the fact the LeVeon Bell is most likely gonna be there, too...

...I'd say the bigger problem with LeVeon is you gotta burn a 5th or 6th to get DeAngelo before someone else does.

89 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Aug 10, 2016

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OxySnake posted:

Question for all you goons.

My main league this year is switching from a yearly redraft to a 2x or 3x keeper and auction draft and we are discussing what the rules should be for keepers.

It is a 14 person QB/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/FLEX/DST/K standard scoring

Here is what was suggested.

Im completely new to this, any thoughts? What does everyone else use?

For auction what I would do is find a consensus site for what the prices should be (I recommend FantasyPros), and then every year the keeper's price would be the average of last year's price and whatever the value is on that site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Green Gloves
Mar 3, 2008
I am starting to take a look at kick returners for my return yard leagues Lockett and Landry were amazing for me last year. Any new overlooked gems that will have a decent role in their offense?.

Tyreek Hill seems like a possibility hes getting a lot of praise and looks to have the return role maybe. Also heard that Melvin Gordon was returning kicks a few days ago

• Locked thread