Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Some of the new Steam players might be hella confused looking through DFO's new achievement list, not being as familiar with the translation crew as we are. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I'm having a serious problem with this game

I tried uninstalling the game since I found it wasn't for me, and none of my hard drive space is being recovered from it.

EDIT: I managed to restore it by deleting it from the common folder. Didn't know that it stayed there even after I uninstalled the app

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Aug 10, 2016

_jink
Jan 14, 2006

Evil Fluffy posted:

So how good/bad is this free legendary weapon? Wondering if I should grab it for my Chaos (using the sword from that dumb reinforcement event currently) or grab it on something else.

I'm thinking of making a nen to level through the current event. Any suggestions? I'm open to f.nen or m.nen, or something else if they are a PITA to deal with.

f.nen is one of the most fun classes I've leveled. Fast weapon type + attackspeed buff means you're real zippy without any investment, and you have a full bar of aoe skills by the time you're higher level.

haven't played m.nen, but I've heard orbs ambiently kill everything until level cap. Whether this is a positive or negative is up to you :v:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

fool_of_sound posted:

The free legendary is pretty solid. The zanbato I saw earlier was +15 crit and +1 to all skills 1-75, and about as strong as an 85 halidom otherwise. As for Nens, FNen is still real slow till she starts getting cubes, but is going to be a fantastic support here in about six months. MNen are solid and can kill enemies by bumping into them.

Yeah I've been in parties with Calatar and watching him stand there as things die.

I think I'm going to give f.nen a try. As for the weapon I'll probably just say gently caress it and give it to her to make life easier. I should probably get around to buying an 85 unique for my Chaos as well... :effort:

Since f.nen sounds kinda aqful to level early on I might just level as a fgrap until 30 or so and then swap over.

e: These Quest Legendary boxes are random legendaries, not "here's your free gracia armor + accessory pieces" right?

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Aug 10, 2016

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I sure hope they're selectable, otherwise I'm gonna be mildly mad that I leveled a new character for 4 out of the six things I made it for.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Evil Fluffy posted:

e: These Quest Legendary boxes are random legendaries, not "here's your free gracia armor + accessory pieces" right?

They say 'select and receive' so

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah I've been in parties with Calatar and watching him stand there as things die.

I think I'm going to give f.nen a try. As for the weapon I'll probably just say gently caress it and give it to her to make life easier. I should probably get around to buying an 85 unique for my Chaos as well... :effort:

Since f.nen sounds kinda aqful to level early on I might just level as a fgrap until 30 or so and then swap over.

FNen wasn't hard to level before scenario mode kicked in, and I have to imagine it's even easier now. Just remember to set Conversion to Magic and invest in Seismic and the sand toss and you'll be fine; you'll phase out the sand somewhere in the 20s~30s, but Seismic will last you right through to the cap.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

My original DFO account doesn't have a whole hell of a lot, no characters over 60 or so. Is there a way to link it to my steam account? Should I even bother?

How does the steam DLC work, is the US$0.99 one just "you get 154 free FP once a day per account forever" or am I misreading that?

I gather there were updates in the last two or three months preceding this Steam release, did any of them add better controller support or do I still have to do hoops with XPadder etc. to get a tolerable control scheme

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

My original DFO account doesn't have a whole hell of a lot, no characters over 60 or so. Is there a way to link it to my steam account? Should I even bother?

No way to link existing accounts to steam accounts.

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Ciaphas posted:

How does the steam DLC work, is the US$0.99 one just "you get 154 free FP once a day per account forever" or am I misreading that?

I gather there were updates in the last two or three months preceding this Steam release, did any of them add better controller support or do I still have to do hoops with XPadder etc. to get a tolerable control scheme

The $1 DLC looks like it has a 3x exp potion and a 156 fatigue restore potion that both can be used once per day and disappear after 30 days.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Controls did get a small update. Custom commands can now use Hold Direction inputs as well. TBH though most classes can work reasonably with only the native control scheme. I've run an Elven Knight, Glacial Master, Avenger, FStriker, and Shadow Dancer using only native controls and do just fine.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

fool_of_sound posted:

Controls did get a small update. Custom commands can now use Hold Direction inputs as well. TBH though most classes can work reasonably with only the native control scheme. I've run an Elven Knight, Glacial Master, Avenger, FStriker, and Shadow Dancer using only native controls and do just fine.

like, keyboard? I can't imagine controlling a brawler like this with a keyboard (though I admit I have not even tried)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
You can, but personally I prefer xpadder. Doing manual inputs is definitely more consistent with a keyboard but that's about it. I think if I mained something like Summoner I'd probably force myself to use a keyboard.

Monk feels more fun on a controller too.

Unoriginal One posted:

FNen wasn't hard to level before scenario mode kicked in, and I have to imagine it's even easier now. Just remember to set Conversion to Magic and invest in Seismic and the sand toss and you'll be fine; you'll phase out the sand somewhere in the 20s~30s, but Seismic will last you right through to the cap.

Yeah it is. I didn't bother with either of those skills because in 90% of rooms a well-timed nen cannon shot just cuts down a line of enemies and you move on to the next room and repeat, with the occasional thunder suplex or whatever thatnen energy ball attack is called that supposedly pulls enemies towards it. Just hit 30 when I finally ran out of FP so I'll have to see how things shape up from there.

Do people use dopplegangers (either version) much in PVE? Damage doesn't seem great and I don't notice the "distraction" happening all that much, if at all.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

like, keyboard? I can't imagine controlling a brawler like this with a keyboard (though I admit I have not even tried)

No, native controller support.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Ah.

Any new second awakenings the last two or three months? Failing that I think I'm feeling f launcher or m elementalist or something else that makes big explosions and big numbers (besides kunoichi, I remember not liking them much)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Ah.

Any new second awakenings the last two or three months? Failing that I think I'm feeling f launcher or m elementalist or something else that makes big explosions and big numbers (besides kunoichi, I remember not liking them much)

Every class except Creator and Dark Knight has a second awakening now

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

Yeah it is. I didn't bother with either of those skills because in 90% of rooms a well-timed nen cannon shot just cuts down a line of enemies and you move on to the next room and repeat, with the occasional thunder suplex or whatever thatnen energy ball attack is called that supposedly pulls enemies towards it. Just hit 30 when I finally ran out of FP so I'll have to see how things shape up from there.

Do people use dopplegangers (either version) much in PVE? Damage doesn't seem great and I don't notice the "distraction" happening all that much, if at all.
Standard Doppelganger, no, Doppelganger Blast is the actual attack and while it's been serviceable in the past it hasn't really been given anything new to keep pace with the rest of her skills. This combined with being just about the one skill you can't overcharge and thusly a skill that doesn't benefit from her 2nd awakening passives means you can probably omit it and not really be much worse off. It can still have some use while leveling but it's difficult for it to blow up a room in a way that Lion's Roar or Energy Shield can't. Many of her early skills can come in handy while leveling (though honestly it's been over a year since I have with mine, with it being my most played class), but approaching level cap you'll ultimately be taking points out of most attack skills above Lion's Roar to fill out the middle and bottom of your skill tree where your real damage is.

Cute n Popular
Oct 12, 2012

Black Balloon posted:

Yo, for real though? gently caress pvp

loving done with this ranked bullshit. 30 rating above the cutoff for Master. Totally over this poo poo. Practice channel for life.

Man how do you even pvp on a SM when tossing slash is so prone to lag.

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Cute n Popular posted:

Man how do you even pvp on a SM when tossing slash is so prone to lag.

By getting really, infamously angry about tossing slash.

Got a tossing slash failure high score of 5 against a WM yesterday and wanted to throw something valuable through something even more valuable.

Nethertribes
Mar 19, 2011

BLOOD

Black Balloon posted:

By getting really, infamously angry about tossing slash.

Got a tossing slash failure high score of 5 against a WM yesterday and wanted to throw something valuable through something even more valuable.

Please do not break your valuables being mad at notable Bad In PvP Skill tossing slash.

Mavric
Dec 14, 2006

I said "this is going to be the most significant televisual event since Quantum Leap." And I do not say that lightly.
Yo, yall should play this class called "M. Ranger", we get to launch your noob rear end from downtown lololol

Black Balloon
Dec 28, 2008

The literal grumpiest

Mavric posted:

Yo, yall should play this class called "M. Ranger", we get to launch your noob rear end from downtown lololol

If i want to be boringly overpowered I'll just roll a summoner.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Never played mechanic, and I'm interested in maybe trying the male variety after work. Do they take a lot of effort (or at least a lot ofhotkeys) to play?

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
Hell no. Fire and forget.

Edit: for an added bonus one of their support skills is a free APC that you can keep on constant upkeep to powerlevel your alts.

Raruna
Mar 30, 2010
Said APC also provides moral support by yelling NEVER GIVE UP every two seconds in a metallic robot voice.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Raruna posted:

Said APC also provides moral support by yelling NEVER GIVE UP every two seconds in a metallic robot voice.

OH YEAH OH YEAH KOMO

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Good enough for me, guess I'll give one a try tonight first. See if I can make :torgue: proud.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

fool_of_sound I forgot to ask, what sort of control scheme do you use? I've never pinned one down that I'm happy with.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

fool_of_sound I forgot to ask, what sort of control scheme do you use? I've never pinned one down that I'm happy with.

I put attack on A, skill 1 on B, skill 2 on Y, and Jump on X. I put item 1 on start and item 2 on select. I use my shoulders as hotkeys for important skills. I put buffs on three press combos with jump (up up up jump ect). I generally put common skills on single or double presses on skill 1, and cubes on single or double presses on skill 2. I usually put awakenings in triple presses.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Thanks. Seems like it's not letting me reassign skill inputs now that I've changed the hotkey for skill and skill2 though; it lets me put in the arrows on the keyboard ok, but won't accept z, space, or their controller replacements until I put them back in the hotkeys window.

Guess it'd be easier if I just go get xpadder and leave the ingame bindings as default!

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks. Seems like it's not letting me reassign skill inputs now that I've changed the hotkey for skill and skill2 though; it lets me put in the arrows on the keyboard ok, but won't accept z, space, or their controller replacements until I put them back in the hotkeys window.

Yeah, you have to swap back to keyboard buttons to change inputs. Small price to pay imo, since you only get new skills all the time until like level 40.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Guess that's true but it's definitely janky!

Got m mech to like 28 before I ran out of gas on my first day. Improved a lot when I got access to those cannons. Very lazy class with lots of explosions, feels like, which is pretty much what I was going for so mission accomplished :D

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Against all advice I am going to roll a Vagabond

In deference to all advice, my actual event character is a rogue.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

Against all advice I am going to roll a Vagabond

Good luck with that. When you get to level cap, just remember: Full level 85 Legacies/Halidoms (or mix two level 80 Halidoms and three level 85 Halidom armors), get a Halidom Zan, and then do the long grind for Gracia 6pc/a Requiem Zan. Just skip vaga chrons.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

NachtSieger posted:

Good luck with that. When you get to level cap, just remember: Full level 85 Legacies/Halidoms (or mix two level 80 Halidoms and three level 85 Halidom armors), get a Halidom Zan, and then do the long grind for Gracia 6pc/a Requiem Zan. Just skip vaga chrons.

I'm leveling the rogue first, since I want to make sure I get the event poo poo done. I just also made a Vagabond and for now she's just holding on to the piles and piles of account bound poo poo I'm not using atm, like fatigue potions. Someday I'll use them, but they feel like a waste at level 27.

Also lightning arrow is hilarious because its name tells you next to nothing about what the skill actually does.

Unoriginal One
Aug 5, 2008
I think you'll find that the best gearing advice for a Vagabond at the cap is to not.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

fool_of_sound posted:

I put attack on A, skill 1 on B, skill 2 on Y, and Jump on X. I put item 1 on start and item 2 on select. I use my shoulders as hotkeys for important skills. I put buffs on three press combos with jump (up up up jump ect). I generally put common skills on single or double presses on skill 1, and cubes on single or double presses on skill 2. I usually put awakenings in triple presses.

This is what I use on an xbox 360 controller:

I originally had items 1-4 on the left analog stick but nothing I did would stop the game from periodically deciding to see it as a valid source of directional inputs. Threre's probably a fix for it but it's not like I use items in most fights :effort:

In the few that I do (soloing Groop, running anton) I can hit them on a keyboard easily enough.

I do a decent amount of manual inputs as well which helps on some classes.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

This is what I use on an xbox 360 controller:

I originally had items 1-4 on the left analog stick but nothing I did would stop the game from periodically deciding to see it as a valid source of directional inputs. Threre's probably a fix for it but it's not like I use items in most fights :effort:
The solution is easier than you might think, since this is a problem I had as well during the game's relaunch. Apparently it's tied to using the default arrow keys for movement, rebinding them to something else lets you use left analog for items/skills and whatnot. That's what I have numpad 2/4/6/8 set to here:

Numpad + calls designated assist, and F1-F6 are the second row of skill hotkeys. G and H I usually use for both awakening actives and don't have bound since for the most part I'm only going to use those once per dungeon unless Gruff feels like being a shithead and ruining another elf temple run.

Trampy Vampy
Mar 21, 2008

It don't mean a thing,
If it ain't got that swing.
As a new player, are low level uniques even worth trying to sell on the AH? Or can I toss them in my grinder?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Noblesse Oblige posted:

As a new player, are low level uniques even worth trying to sell on the AH? Or can I toss them in my grinder?

You might post them to guild chat (shift-right click it). Some low level uniques are worth something to certain specific builds, or if they grant a skill bonus to an important buff.