Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Cat Face Joe posted:

As a PanO player I am extremely happen with this GenCon.

I was thinking Tohaa but yeah, I was really hoping for and open top Megaman style Walker.

For 25mm based heavy infantry?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

KPC_Mammon posted:

For 25mm based heavy infantry?

Sure, why not? That's more Bakunin than the current design.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Genghis Cohen posted:

Yeah, I am (very slowly, because it's so drat complex) trying to bring an old 40k buddy into full understanding of the game. Don't think it really sunk in when I had to explain his Vet Kazak had 2 super-important special rules on his profile (V:NWI and SSL2) which are hidden under another name (Vet2) which also covers the lower level skill which is therefore totally unrelated (Vet1).

And the Veteran Kazak is the only model in the game with Veteran L2. It's ridiculous! Just make Veteran a level-less rule that gives you the L1 ability and then give the Kazak V:NWI and SSL2 separately.

quote:

The other thing which ticks me off is Tinbots. For a link of HI, I get the way it works, I can see why it's differentiated from special rules in order to give you a visual reminder on the table. But HSN3 introduced Tinbots C through E(?) which are just special rules like Neurocinetics or Albedo. Just put that skill in brackets next to the model load-out! Everyone else does it!

But it seems churlish to complain. The game is really in a high point right now IMO. Every army has awesome tactical options, and while some people bitch and moan about not getting the release they wanted every drat month (the official forums are hilarious on this point) armies are slowly but surely being revamped with the stellar new-look models.

While I agree that a lot of the complaints about releases are silly, the huge variety of models and profiles (especially profiles) plus the slow release schedule, plus the fondness for resculpting, can make you really sad if you're fond of, like, French Ariadna or non-SP ALEPH. Meanwhile stuff like Morats got basically their entire subfaction resculpted.

quote:

I just hope the game's coherency holds together. I've seen people complain about complexity (true, doesn't bother me) and any complaints about balance, which generally centre around a few units that are perceived as undercosted or sub-optimal, strike me as more jaded players than anything else. No-one can really say their faction/sectorial holds them back from winning in the way a lot of other games have. My long-term concern is that as they lump more and more units into the game, and more sectorials, and god help us more factions, they won't be able to support them all with models, and the balance will start to waver as new units need to have unique abilities to sell. Less is more, CB!

I think the thing that sectorials do really well is make horizontal development within a faction possible. When you consider a faction as a whole it can be pretty easy to go, "this is the best skirmisher", "this is the best warband", etc. But by taking a piece and putting it into a different sectorial -- possibly adding one of the Fireteam rules -- they can completely change the context in which it's seen.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

I checked out the official forums and sobbing over the RF Pheasant model is hilarious.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

What are they crying about? her awesome shiny bald head?

Comrade Merf
Jun 2, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

I checked out the official forums and sobbing over the RF Pheasant model is hilarious.

Last time I checked out the GenCon thread sometime yesterday they were going on about how obviously feminists and immigrants are working together to destroy Sweden.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Comrade Merf posted:

Last time I checked out the GenCon thread sometime yesterday they were going on about how obviously feminists and immigrants are working together to destroy Sweden.

Well, now they're arguing about how CB can't make a fantasy game because... hacking rules are too complicated? It got weird.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Flipswitch posted:

What are they crying about? her awesome shiny bald head?

Her pose is boring, the open mask is bad, why doesn't she have the pony tail despite it being pointed out numerous times that rendering has the divot in the back of her head. There's a guy writing these long poasts crying about how hard it's going to be to remove the red fury from her and attach it to a more "appropriate" model and it's like holy poo poo you dweeb just push a warmans.

Comrade Merf posted:

Yeah, one of my favorite parts of the forums is how the mod guy will ask everyone to be nice to each other but does nothing to cut down on the racism and misogyny.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
If I ever came across those mod posts in a reasonable time I'd call him out on it. There is no other forum that I've frequented where the moderation is so impotent. It's really frustrating at times.

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

Cat Face Joe posted:

Yeah, one of my favorite parts of the forums is how the mod guy will ask everyone to be nice to each other but does nothing to cut down on the racism and misogyny.

And this is another example of why I will never post there. loving /tg/ is less horrible than the official forums

Mugaaz
Mar 1, 2008

WHY IS THERE ALWAYS SOME JUSTICE WARRIOR ON EVERY FORUM
:qq::qq::qq:
Can someone explain to me what exactly the new Orc type from Gencon is and how its different than other Orcs?

Also, absolutely, positively tabled my opponent today. Lost 0 models. Was playing Firefight I think its called? Squalo just went full Rambo with Bolt link team picking off a few key models. First time I've been able to use the Squalo effectively, which felt verah verah nihce.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Its got Varuna (best sect) Battalion in the name. That's about it.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

lmao some anime avatar is unironically poasting pro-crusade memes in a fluff discussion thread

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

lmao some anime avatar is unironically poasting pro-crusade memes in a fluff discussion thread
Please post a link with this. :psyduck:

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

#justanimeavatarthings

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/42592-what-would-you-change-in-the-fluffthings-big-and-small/

It's on the last page but the whole thread is an incredible mess. If I recall this guy also said during Operation Flamestrike, that he should be able to call people "retards" with impunity cause everyone knows what he means.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Tournament report incoming!

So because of Corvus Belli's :spain: move and inability to get their events up on time, I wasn't able to play in the main Friday tournament. But I needn't have feared, because noted WarCor dtjunkie19 ran the "Friday Night Mayhem" after-hours tournament. It was three rounds of shootiness and head-stompy action.

I play vanilla Haqqislam, and brought the following (very similar) lists:

Haqqislam

GROUP 1 9 1 1
HALQA Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 16)
GHULAM Doctor Plus (MediKit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
ASAWIRA Lieutenant AP Rifle + Light Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 41)
NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
BARID Hacker (Assault Hacking Device UPGRADE: Icebreaker) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 19)
BARID Hacker (Killer Hacking Device UPGRADE: Lightning) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 16)
SHIHAB REMOTE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)
RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)

GROUP 2 3 4 2
HALQA Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
DJANBAZAN Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)
BASHI BAZOUK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)
MUTTAWI'AH Chain Rifle, E/Marat, Jammer, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 5)

3 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

and

Haqqislam

GROUP 1 9 1 1
HALQA Rifle + Light Grenade Launcher / Pistol, Knife. (1 | 16)
HALQA Doctor Plus (Medikit) Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 19)
NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
NAJJARUN Engineer Rifle + Light Shotgun, D-Charges / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 17)
NASMAT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
FIDAY Rifle + Light Shotgun, Smoke Grenades / Pistol, DA CCW, Knife. (0 | 31)
SHIHAB REMOTE HMG / Electric Pulse. (1 | 25)
RAFIQ REMOTE Rifle + Light Shotgun, Sniffer / Electric Pulse. (0 | 16)
ASAWIRA Lieutenant AP Rifle + Light Shotgun, Nanopulser / Pistol, Shock CCW. (0 | 41)
BARID Hacker (Hacking Device) Rifle + Pitcher / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 21)
DJANBAZAN Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 31)

GROUP 2 2 5 3
HALQA Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 15)
GHULAM Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
BASHI BAZOUK Submachine Gun, Chain-colt / Pistol, CC Weapon. (0 | 12)
HUNZAKUT (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Rifle + Light Shotgun, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 18)

3 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

I'd like to preface this little trip report with a comment about my new dice. I wanted to get some shiny new dice, so I stopped by one of the (many) Chessex booths at GenCon and picked up a bunch of really rad-looking yellow-and-green d20s - perfect for a Haqqislam army, I thought. When I got back to my hotel room that night, I was idly standing around (waiting for folks to get ready for dinner) and rolling them. Three or four rolls of 5 d20's and my lowest was an 11. Everything else was over 15. Great for D&D, not so great for Infinity. If this sort of statistical madness continued, I was in for a rough time. Well, at least I'd make a lot of ARM rolls. :shrug:

Round One: FIGHT! For my first round, I was paired up with WarCor locksmith. He was a super-cool dude with some gorgeously converted minis. It turns out he had run the main Friday tournament game; this was not his first rodeo by a long shot, and he was bringing a vanilla Ariadna list. Our meta is pretty small, so there are a lot of units in there with which I was pretty unfamiliar. The scenario was Firefight, which has 3 Panoplies along the center-line and is notable for the lack of deployment zone restrictions on Airborne Deployment - everybody's Van Zant!

Given that I was facing largely unhackable Ariadna, I went with List 2. Both lists included a Sensor bot, so I hoped to be able to handle some of his camo. We rolled off for our LT's WIP, and I of course promptly rolled a 17 (the first of many times I'd curse my new dice that night). He unsurprisingly took first turn (this is a scenario where the bulk of your VPs come from brutally murdering your opponent, so it behooves you to take first turn). I tried to salvage what I could and made him deploy first. He had a bunch of Inferior Infiltration dudes (Grunts and Metros I think?), 2 of which actually came down where he wanted them. I covered my back-field as best I could and braced for impact.

Things were going pretty well, and I weathered his impetuous phase OK. Then he brought in Mirage 5. Duroc (a super-jumping, smoke-tossing, chain-rifling Dog-man) appeared on my board edge. I took a couple of AROs at him, but he cleverly stayed out of LoF of my 360-Visor TR HMG bot. I think I might have put a wound on him, but didn't put him down. This would prove to be my undoing. For his next trick, Duroc super-jumped up behind my Djanbazan sniper and nearby Barid Hacker and dropped smoke. His roll: an 18 (PH:16, +3 range band) - I'd need to crit to affect him. I had something ridiculous like 8 or 9 AROs (4 from my TR bot alone), but couldn't get the job done. I also failed to Change Facing on my poor Djanbazan, who subsequently got chain-rifled in the next order, then coup-de-grace'd. No Regeneration for me, and my opponent scored his first classified. He then proceeded to Rambo through my Barid Hacker, Halqa Doctor+, my Engineer, and my TR bot before finally going down in a hail of bullets. But my center was gutted.

Then a dude w/ a Molotok came on and capped my Asawira Lt. My streak of making armor rolls failed me miserably here.

Right, starting Turn 1 in Loss of Lieutenant. My impetuous phase was lack-luster. All 4 of my Ghazis failed to kill anything, and 2 ended up in base-contact with his Grunts and Metros (which at least kept them from getting shot at). But my lame dice rolling continued, and even in close combat they did nothing. Both died to counterattack. :sigh: I used a Halqa to clear out his Desperado on my right flank, but at this point I had precious few orders. I spent some orders clearing out my back-line and tried to cause some havoc with my Fiday, but he was pretty order starved. He did manage to make a hole for my Bashi Bazouk to come on relatively unscathed, but I lacked the orders to really capitalize on this (as he was in the small pool). My Hunzakut did manage to forward-observe one of his Grunts, however, netting me a classified objective. I nominated a new Lieutenant from among my (few) remaining models and hoped for the best.

...And that was when he rambo'd his Scout with a boarding shotgun after my (fairly obvious) new Lt, killing her. Well, crap. He also took out my last rear-guard Ghulam and my Fiday. The Bashi Bazouk's holoechoes saved him for a little bit, and at least he chewed up a couple of orders before he died. My opponent then pirated a couple of panoplies with relative impunity. I think I started my last turn with a lone remaining Ghazi (locked in CC with one of his infiltrators). We called it there and shook hands.

Result: 1-10 loss. :cripes:

Round Two: FIGHT! My second opponent was playing vanilla Pan-O, another force with which I'm not super familiar. It was a pretty basic list, a Father Knight, a ... Magister maybe? A bunch of bots, two Auxilia, and a bunch of Fusiliers. Suspecting I would be facing HI and bots, I went with List 1. I won the roll off and chose to deploy 2nd. The mission was Decapitation - the identity of your Lt is public info, and you get points for killing them. Given that his Lt was a lowly Fusilier, I tried to avoid licking my chops.

My opponent (a relative newbie like myself) deployed pretty well, covering his back-field well and leaving me with poor options for my Fiday. There was no way to approach his Lt and not be in LoF of his TR HMG bot. His first turn went pretty well for me - I managed to kill some stuff in ARO and lock down his center. Then his Magister Knight got a lucky shot on my TR HMG bot, which opened up the center of the board an allowed him to advance. And here came his Father Knight! Fortunately by this point he was low on orders, so it wasn't too dire. He did manage to get on top of the central building where my Halqa w/ Rifle + LGL was hiding. She miraculously survived his shooting, and he wasn't quite close enough to get into CC with her.

It did expose him, however, and my Ghazi near the center made him pay, hitting him with the E/Marat. Hahahaha, IMM-2, Isolated, and all hosed up. Not dead, but not going anywhere and certainly no danger (considering he didn't have an Engineer). On of my other Ghazis cleared out the Auxilia and Auxbot on one flank, and my Fiday cleared out the other. I tried to use my Barid Assault Hacker's Pitcher to drop a Repeater near his TR bot, but no joy. I couldn't seem to roll anything under an 18 with that guy. I did manage to snipe out his HMG Fusilier with my Hunzakut (who subsequently died in fire to another ODD bot with a heavy shotgun). At this point I was faced with a choice - try to run my Engineer across the field and fix my TR bot, or go for a classified (Demolitions). I chose the latter, and cautious moved him forward to his target building and placed a D-Charge with my last order.

He responded by hunting down my Engineer with his ODD shotgun bot. As he came around the corner to get LoF (giving me a full, real ARO), I chose to detonate my D-Charge rather than Dodge. I was predictably smeared, but managed to achieve one of my two Classified Objectives. Additionally, his last movement brought the ODD shotgun bot into hacking range of my Barid, who promptly Carbonited him into temporary immobility. He brought on an AD trooper from the side, kind of locking down my right flank and removing my mobility over there (both Ghazis on that side were dead in turn 1, meaning no more smoke).

My second turn was spent loving around and not getting much accomplished besides getting my Asawira Lt gunned into unconsciousness as he tried to head up to the top of the central building to finish off the immobilized and isolated Father Knight. Whoops. I did manage to DataScan said Father Knight, however, netting me my other Classified Objective. I also brought on my Bashi Bazouk, who gave his AD trooper a bit of a fright, but ultimately got shot up by his spitfire-toting Magister Knight.

His last turn saw an all-out Rambo move by his Magister Knight, who also made it to the top of the central building. After finally killing off my Halqa LGL, he in turn was dropped when his last wound was lost to a crit from my Doctor+ of all people. He still had a fair number of orders, but spent a lot of them getting his dude into position.

My last turn saw me again gently caress around killing off his ODD shotgun bot, but my crowning achievement came when I used my Asawira Lt's Regeneration ability - in this scenario you only get points for Lts killed (or in a null state at the end of the game). Heh. Unfortunately, I'm a poor planner and bad at math. I left my Asawira with too few orders to do anything useful (opting to coup-de-grace his downed Magister Knight). What I should have done was crawl over to his still-immobilized Father Knight and hack his knees off. Or even just light him up repeatedly with my AP Rifle. Given how pricey the Father Knight is, the points difference there would have netted me a fairly big victory. As it was, I had to settle for a 4-5 loss.

I think my biggest lesson learned here is that I should have damned the torpedoes and done more with my Fiday early. I probably could have taken out a couple of his vanilla Fusiliers, reducing the number of orders he had available for his HI (which inflicted by far the most casualties). This brought me to...

Final Round: FIGHT! The mission was Quadrant Control, and my opponent was playing vanilla Nomads. It was a list with some heavy AD (a bunch of Tomcats) and a couple of beefy drones (including the guided missile bot). I won the Lt roll and took deployment. My opponent surprised me by opting to go first - usually in the zone-control games it's beneficial to go second. I drew a beefy 36-point card for my Classified Objective and elected to use it for IntelComm. That many points in a zone can make a huge difference.

His initial opening play was to run his Moran Masai up the middle and spotlight my Djanbazan sniper (who had LOF to his TR bot). He managed to get it off (beating my pathetic ARO), but this let my Hunzakut (who had LoF to the Moran Masai) drop a Repeater right near the middle of the board. This would prove extremely useful later. He then spent a couple of orders trying to use guided missiles to blow up my sniper, who dodged the first one like a champ but got utterly destroyed on the second. Again, no regeneration for me. As an aside, that mini never had an order spent on him, because he never survived to my first active turn. My opponent then tried to move his Mobile Brigada forward up my left flank, but thanks to my Repeater, I was able to Carbonite him in ARO, turning him into an IMMobile Brigada. Heh.

Because my opponent had so many AD troopers, he didn't have a lot of orders. Towards the end of his turn, he started bringing on his Tomcats, close on my right flank. They were within LoF of one of my Ghazis (though about 16" away), and my opponent was surprised when I chose "Dodge" as my ARO. "No, AD is an entire order skill, I can't shoot you." Yeah, I know. But it lets me get 2" closer to you every time you do it, and I have a Chain Rifle!

In my first turn, my Ghazis swarmed forward and smoked up the place. On my left, I cleared out his lone Alguacile holding his flank, clearing the way for my own AD troopers (which I was saving for my Turn 2). But the real joy was on my right flank, where my little Ghazi in LOF to his Tomcats (who it should be pointed out were in base-to-base right at the board edge) ran forward and hit them with his Chain Rifle. Yes, he died spectacularly to their return fire. But fortunately, not a single one of them made an ARM roll. BOOM, three unconscious Tomcats! Meanwhile, my Hunzakut dropped his Moran Masai and I made a coordinated attack with my Sensor bot and a couple of other troopers on his IMMobile Brigada. All I succeeded in doing was giving him an opportunity to Reset and clear his IMM-1 state. Curses! Well, at least he used his V:Courage ability to elect to fail his Guts roll and get out of my LOF. So I spent another coordinated order to put them on Suppressive fire, locking down that lane pretty effectively.

At the end of the first turn, we both controlled the same number of zones, each collecting 1 point.

Much of his second turn was spent repositioning his MB Hacker (who cleverly stayed out of my Repeater radius - I had a Cybermasked Barid with KHD lying in wait) and moving up his shotgun bot. This traded fire with one of my Halqa and my Ghulam Dr+ until one of them managed a crit. He also brought on his last tomcat, an Engineer. This was bad, because next turn she could fix the bot I'd just critted. Finally, he tried to move his Mobile Brigada up the center, again activating in Repeater range and again getting Carbonited - only this time he was in LOF of my TR HMG bot. Heh.

My second turn was straight-up murder. My Fiday had failed his beginning Impersonation roll so he was out of the fight covering my rear area. But my Bashi Bazouk was a man on a mission, moving on from the flank and sneaking up to about 6" from his TR bot before unloading with an SMG and surprise shot. A note here - our TR bots ended up with LOF to each other, both in cover, both at the +3 range band, both armed with HMGs. as such, neither of us wanted to activate them, because the resulting B4 shot vs B4 ARO was a statistical crap-shoot. But with his TR bot down, mine could unload on his (once again immobile) Mobile Brigada. With his only valid ARO being Reset, he was mercilessly gunned down. I also went on a shotgun rampage with my Halqa, killing his Alguacile (forward observer, I think) and putting a wound on his Mobile Brigada Hacker. Finally, my Asawira LT stepped out to finish off his HI Hacker with an AP rifle, then came running to contest the zone.

At the end of the second turn, I held three zones to his one, earning me 3 points.

He started his 3rd turn in Retreat, so we called it there. Also, by this time it was like 1:00 AM. Final result: A 7-1 Win! Huzzah!

Of the 8 players in the tourney, I ended up placing 5th. For a casual, after hours tournament, the prize support was stellar; I netted a nice Warsenal movement template (which I'd tried to buy earlier that day only to discover that they'd sold out of them in the booth) and one of those sweet-as-hell Broken Egg Games line lasers.

All in all, I had a great time. All of my opponents were super chill and the atmosphere was really relaxed. The tables had some fantastic terrain, and it's always cool to play new people. I got to face some armies I wasn't super familiar with, and I learned a ton in the process - especially in my first game, where my fairly highly-ranked opponent opened up a can of whoop-rear end on me. It was seriously a clinic in how to dissect someone's army, but he was cool about it the whole time. We laughed about my lovely dice rolling and how crazy it was to have a Ghazi survive into the bottom of Turn 3.

A++, would go to this event again.

Ilor fucked around with this message at 01:37 on Aug 10, 2016

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
However I strongly, very strongly, disagree with anyone think thinks the Crusades were a bad idea, or not justified.

lol

(e: also, nice report! Cheers)

Pidgin Englishman fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Aug 10, 2016

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
the only good thing about religion is that it makes my hassassins stick around even in retreat

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

http://infinitytheforums.com/forum/topic/42592-what-would-you-change-in-the-fluffthings-big-and-small/

It's on the last page but the whole thread is an incredible mess. If I recall this guy also said during Operation Flamestrike, that he should be able to call people "retards" with impunity cause everyone knows what he means.
Holy shiiitt.

I don't really read the forums and sometimes poo poo post in the off topic subgroup. I've been missing out on some special kind of crazy.

That tournament report is cool as hell and a sweet write up. Glad to see some Halqa.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Goddamn not even a few posts into that thread and some dude claims Haqq is bad and SJW fodder and Ariadna is bad and tacky. How can you be so wrong about the Best Factions.

edit: thats a cool word filter for warriors of social justice

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
We will never forgive and we will never forget. Bilal kaifa.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Charles Get-Out posted:

Goddamn not even a few posts into that thread and some dude claims Haqq is bad and SJW fodder and Ariadna is bad and tacky. How can you be so wrong about the Best Factions.

edit: thats a cool word filter for warriors of social justice

Bought some aleph a while ago I'm still mid paint job on and im super heroes of haqq. Haven't even played a game yet but I just feel uninspired by my desert tan/grey robro's

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
I saw a sweet USARF army at GenCon where the guy had painted everybody in tan desert camo rather than woodland green. It looked totally bad-rear end.

Calde
Jun 20, 2009

Cat Face Joe posted:

On occasion I'm amazed at the casual racism in Infinity's fanbase. It doesn't even seem to phase most posters, like it's totally normal. This thread completely blows away the racist poo poo from the Yu Jing fluff thread a few months back too.

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

Calde posted:

On occasion I'm amazed at the casual racism in Infinity's fanbase. It doesn't even seem to phase most posters, like it's totally normal. This thread completely blows away the racist poo poo from the Yu Jing fluff thread a few months back too.

Garbage moderation policies are a Problem. Smart moderators would never have allowed a thread like that to exist, especially after the first page immediately started talking about Infinity factions in relation to real-world cultures.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Pierzak posted:

Haqqislam:

But... My Wallet?!

admanb
Jun 18, 2014

I think my favorite part of those models is that the concept artist went, "they should have a pretty cool vest" and the sculptor went, "DID SOMEONE SAYS VESTS" and the result was men made almost entirely of vest.

Nancy
Nov 23, 2005

Young Orc
Are they gonna do lady Djanbazans or is the vest too thick to achieve CB's boob aesthetic?

w00tmonger posted:

Bought some aleph a while ago I'm still mid paint job on and im super heroes of haqq. Haven't even played a game yet but I just feel uninspired by my desert tan/grey robro's

Paint them a different color, medic style maybe to match their super doctoring? For real though, the best thing about this game is that all the factions are pretty neat, just some are neat-er.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Yeah I'm thinking stripping them and doing them a Vallejo electric blue. My only issue is my fully assembled/painted marut...

I guess my bigger issue is that I'm main gaming warmachine, and with a second kid on the way it feels like a bad idea to find a second gaming group

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Charles Get-Out posted:

Are they gonna do lady Djanbazans or is the vest too thick to achieve CB's boob aesthetic?
she'll be equipped with huge er..... assets so you know.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013
LOL at Infinity players' political views. I mean, it's the same everywhere else on the internet. People don't have enough social outlets beyond their hobby, or maybe just don't have a filter, so you get a bizarre blend of their toxic political and cod-philosophical beliefs seeping through into whatever topic is at hand (in this case, the nuts and bolts of made-up future space war.

admanb posted:

And the Veteran Kazak is the only model in the game with Veteran L2. It's ridiculous! Just make Veteran a level-less rule that gives you the L1 ability and then give the Kazak V:NWI and SSL2 separately.

While I agree that a lot of the complaints about releases are silly, the huge variety of models and profiles (especially profiles) plus the slow release schedule, plus the fondness for resculpting, can make you really sad if you're fond of, like, French Ariadna or non-SP ALEPH. Meanwhile stuff like Morats got basically their entire subfaction resculpted.

I think the thing that sectorials do really well is make horizontal development within a faction possible. When you consider a faction as a whole it can be pretty easy to go, "this is the best skirmisher", "this is the best warband", etc. But by taking a piece and putting it into a different sectorial -- possibly adding one of the Fireteam rules -- they can completely change the context in which it's seen.

Completely on the same page as you mate. The amount of factions is in a really good place right now. They need to release more models for current profiles, resculpt old factions, then release the very limited number of new Sectorials which are absolutely dictated by the fluff (Tunguska, Kazaks, Vedic etc) and stick to what they've got there. Currently the game just can't add any more complexity.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
I'm super tempted to write up a set of changes and clarifications I'd make to the game. As much of a step forward as N3 is, it makes the remaining/new problems stand out.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Corbeau posted:

I'm super tempted to write up a set of changes and clarifications I'd make to the game. As much of a step forward as N3 is, it makes the remaining/new problems stand out.

Go for it.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Corbeau posted:

My meta is my dining table, so I'd like to see (and potentially try) what you come up with.

Corbeau
Sep 13, 2010

Jack of All Trades
It's not really game balance stuff, mind, just rules streamlining. There are potential balance impacts from such tweaks, but I think the game itself is pretty well balanced right now.

Sir Teabag
Oct 26, 2007
My local meta is organizing a tournament for sometime in September and they are scratching their heads as to how they can best get diverse "non-cheese" lists in event. Apparently the big problem is TO/ODD/Camo in our meta. Now I mostly play on my dining room table with my buds, but when I do hit up the FLGS I've never had a problem with this. I play Ariadna and don't even have access to MSV2 and don't think TO is a problem.

Just being MSV2, or throw a smoke grenade and walk up to stab the guy? Or maybe go around a different way instead of walking into the TO HMG in suppressive fire?

The biggest irony to me is the person complaining the loudest (and bending the TO's ear, though the TO seems to think TO/ODD is a problem too) is a PanO player who, in the last 200 point tournament, took Joan of Arc, Konstantinos, a spec op infiltrator and spitfire Hexas. Makes me wonder what they mean by cheese.

Under 15
Jan 6, 2005

Mr. Helsbecter will you please stop shooting I am on the phone

Isn't the answer to that nonsense just flamethrowers? Even if they make the save, the camo / ODD is ruined.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Sir Teabag posted:

My local meta is organizing a tournament for sometime in September and they are scratching their heads as to how they can best get diverse "non-cheese" lists in event. Apparently the big problem is TO/ODD/Camo in our meta. Now I mostly play on my dining room table with my buds, but when I do hit up the FLGS I've never had a problem with this. I play Ariadna and don't even have access to MSV2 and don't think TO is a problem.

Just being MSV2, or throw a smoke grenade and walk up to stab the guy? Or maybe go around a different way instead of walking into the TO HMG in suppressive fire?

The biggest irony to me is the person complaining the loudest (and bending the TO's ear, though the TO seems to think TO/ODD is a problem too) is a PanO player who, in the last 200 point tournament, took Joan of Arc, Konstantinos, a spec op infiltrator and spitfire Hexas. Makes me wonder what they mean by cheese.

So, TO/ODD is a very good but expensive skill. Templates (especially flame, but any that don't roll to hit), obviously MSV2, or any possible way of getting into close combat, are good counters. For TO or Camo specifically, I don't have much experience using this myself, but Sensor seems like a clutch skill. I think if you're Ariadna Antipodes get it?

While this PanO player is wrong to be talking about 'cheese' in an event - I mean even outside of tournaments, I think 90% of such complaining, in Infinity, is just the result of refusing to think how to play against something - I don't see what you mean by calling him hypocritical based on his list. Yes, he's probably doing as many wargamers do and undervaluing his own stuff while bigging up the opposition. But I would fight to keep out any thoughts that players should be discouraged from using units they find effective - that bullshit distinction is best kept for things like 40k!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
If you have an ODD/TO problem, just ram your chain rifle warbands down their throats until they choke. Seriously. Your dogs and scots trade amazingly well.

• Locked thread