Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Calling in Nick Fury is dumb and non-thematic and lame, I'd leave the points empty but if you have to do one, do the Torso.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008

CapnAndy posted:

Calling in Nick Fury is dumb and non-thematic and lame, I'd leave the points empty but if you have to do one, do the Torso.

It's Winter Soldier, though, not Nick.

Still, I'd prefer the Torso, just for survivability's sake, and for simplicity of play. Splinter hops in the van, carries people, drops Casey on the Torso, Casey gets the Torso, bam, done, focus on Turtle Fight. I fully admit to being biased, though, since I'm generally build lean, role-wise, so it's generally a pretty serious sacrifice to perform a call-in when I could be doing something else.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

1: Start New Game
2: Start New Game
3: Start New Game

:aaa:

The Grammar Aryan posted:

It's Winter Soldier, though, not Nick.

Still, I'd prefer the Torso, just for survivability's sake, and for simplicity of play. Splinter hops in the van, carries people, drops Casey on the Torso, Casey gets the Torso, bam, done, focus on Turtle Fight. I fully admit to being biased, though, since I'm generally build lean, role-wise, so it's generally a pretty serious sacrifice to perform a call-in when I could be doing something else.

The torso was my first build but whenever I get bored I tend to keep looking at builds and seeing if I could do better hence the post. I wanted to try a build where slash drives the Van but I'd have to drop nobody completely and the Van would have to be at 60, which kinda makes it super easy to kill.

Ideally the team should have enough bonuses with splinter and all the empower to chew through anything short of a Galactus(and if someone has the balls to do that then my kid gloves are off with this venue for now and forever).

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
I don't think the Omega Drive would work with April.

Omega Drive posted:

When this character uses Outwit, it may target any character within its range regardless of line of fire, and may use its Outwit to counter powers that can't normally be countered.

Since it states that she gets better use out of Outwit against characters within her range, not within Outwit's native range, I don't think she gets the bennies unless you do something to bump or replace her range.

Still, if you find yourself wanting to use ID cards, that frees you up to have a second card for a conditional call-in. If you want to Stealth-bust, you could certainly add an Iron Man card to your roster to make use of the IT: Hindering for April. Either of the Civil War Movie ones are cheap enough to call in, and because of the bonkers ruling that power actions at the start of the turn don't break beginning of turn, you can make use of either one's Leadership, both of which can be really useful. The gravity feed set lets you dump Attack and Defense by one, and the starter lets you token someone within range and LOF.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

The Grammar Aryan posted:

Still, if you find yourself wanting to use ID cards, that frees you up to have a second card for a conditional call-in. If you want to Stealth-bust, you could certainly add an Iron Man card to your roster to make use of the IT: Hindering for April. Either of the Civil War Movie ones are cheap enough to call in, and because of the bonkers ruling that power actions at the start of the turn don't break beginning of turn, you can make use of either one's Leadership, both of which can be really useful. The gravity feed set lets you dump Attack and Defense by one, and the starter lets you token someone within range and LOF.

That ruling actually isn't bonkers at all. It dates way back to the In Contact With Oracle feat. The reasoning is and has been that a non-free action doesn't break beginning of turn if the effect for which it's given specifies that you give it during the beginning of the turn. As such, you're not giving it after BoT because you're specifically told to give it during BoT instead.

On an unrelated note, gently caress is painting a house a pain in the rear end. We started yesterday a couple hours after closing and I have to go back for just a little while to finish what will become the rec room. One gallon didn't QUITE do both that and the hallway.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I ran the build with the Hulkbuster Torso. It was extremely useful every round as Casey really needs the defensive boost.

Round 1 versus "Asgardians"

Avengers Prime
Skadi

I pretty easily won map roll and chose the Wizkids office premium map. I wanted walls for nobody and ways to limit his lines of fire so I didn't eat a giant EE early.

I moved up Casey (who choose hockey stick) onto the torso and April next to him. Splinter hopped in the Van and carried up the kids. He perplexed his defense and moved to the middle room. I was able to get nobody next to his avengers prime and cape his eyes. The Van then drove the turtles right into his face. He ran with avengers prime, Skadi tried to charge/exploit Michelangelo but missed after a theme prob. The Van pushed to pop out splinter. Raphael with a Splinter and Van empower boost then did 8 clicks to Skadi and Mikey finished her off. April was able to move down, outwit the primes movement power, and sidestep behind a wall where Casey joined her. He cleared. Splinter hopped back into the Van and based the prime with Mikey and Donny. April moved up to outwit his defense and Casey charged/flurried but missed both attacks. He did a DPA trio attack, missed Casey, hit Michaelangelo who made his imperv roll, and crit missed against Donny. He'd perplexed his defense before attacking and the crit miss took that away. April outwitted his d, Casey perplexed it down and Michaelangelo and Donny wrecked him.

Round 2 versus X-Men
SR Phoenix
SR Iceman
SR Quicksilver
SR Pixie
SR Beast at 100
Common Nightcrawler
Common Storm

This is a naaaasty team and it became even nastier when I lost the map roll and ended up on an older map with no hindering and weird elevations. It had some blocking and 3 or 4 elevation levels. I didn't see the name of it.

Fist couple of rounds were slow, he pixie moved most of his team to a far corner and I went to the other corner so Casey could equip his item. He and I cleared but Casey pushed to pick up his item. He moved closer to me and I decided gently caress it. Perplexed Aprils defense, moved her down to outwit beasts super outwit and the Van got the turtles in his face. Phoenix and iceman took shots at Ralph and hit him to a BF/Flurry click. Quicksilver did a HSS and gave no fucks about Aprils 18 defense taking her out with no trouble. Beast took away charge on Mikey, flurry on Ralph and invincible on the Van but everyone missed the Van. Was able to pizza time Ralph a click of healing. Popped out splinter. Leo charged, 13 on beasts 20. Hits, he misses senses, I roll blades, it's a 1. Theme prob it to a 5, he themes it, a 1 again, I theme, another 1, I panic and use the last piece I could for theme prob and roll a 3. It knocks him off super outwit but I have no follow ups. Casey is able to charge and use his giant reach and elevation oddities to hit quicksilver. I can't attack with anyone else because of all the probbing I had to do. Nobody runs and bases iceman. Iceman punches nobody to a CR/Quake click. He outwits Raph's flurry with beast and just clears. Donny charges and hits beast to his last click. Mikey then finishes him off and crit hits pixie on a turtle technique attack, it's enough to oneshot her. Donny hits and cripples quicksilver and techniques storm into a wall. Leo finishes her off. Nobody dies ignobly to a an iceman RS that also ices Casey. Nightcrawler bamfs after Casey. The turtles base iceman and Phoenix with Van. Iceman clears, Phoenix hits Leo to a bcf and exploit click. Pizza time heals Leo a click and he blades a plus 2 Phoenix for 5. Mikey and Donny hit iceman to his last click. Casey tries to break to hit iceman but fails the sidestep and the charge breakwaways, and that is when time is called. Won on points and had handily swung things in my favor by the end but the X-men put up a hell of a fight before going down.

Round 3 versus Sinestro Corps

So not doing super well points wise against the X-men knocked me out of the top game and I got placed against the best 1-1 team.

Weaponer of Qward
Kara-Sil
Lyssa Drax
Sinestro Recruit
Bedovian

I won map roll and tossed us on the wizkids office. I moved up and he did as well. I put nobody in such a way that he'd block any full charges and since he couldn't be targeted I figured he'd be safe. Casey picked up his torso. He then pushed his Weaponer to blow up a wall... I have no idea why he did that. It wasn't even nobody's wall. Not being one to look a gift horse in the mouth I zoomed the Van up and was able to base everyone except Lyssa. Leonardo got a pizza boost. Bedovian tried to punch Leo but missed. The recruit was able to plink Mikey for one. He had the pack pop out and try to hit the Van but missed twice and then rolled a 1 for the blades on the only attack that hit. Splinter popped out, KO'd the pack and sidestepped next to Ralph who knocked the Weaponer end dial. Mikey then KO'd Weaponer and the recruit. Leo and Donny knocked Bedovian to a stealth and perplex power click. Casey and Nobody KO'd Kara. Next turn Bedovian went down, surrounded Lyssa and took her out with no issues.

The championship game ended up being super tight. Badoons versus Thunderbolts with the bolts sweating out a 210-180 win. This was enough to win me the event by 30 points. The chase turtles remain undefeated in tournament play and I had a loving blast with the turtle van. I would have loved to play that badoon team. It was Korvus, 2 Brother Royals and a bunch of generics. Would have been neat. Oh well.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Double post for next weeks brainstorm. Event is called Sidekick

500 POINT GAME. Choose 2 named characters that share a keyword. The only other characters that can be on your team must be generics. Teams must have minimum of 4 figures on their team.

I was thinking about doing Secret Society until the judge looked at me and asked if I would be doing foot clan. That's such a better idea.

2 teams!

Krang - 170
Con Shredder
7 various foot soldiers
Mouser

Or

Krang
Rare Shredder
7 foot soldiers
Omega Drive
Robot ATA on foot soldiers and Krang

I'm leaning so hard over to team 2 it's not even funny. I've yet to play the con shredder but I have a very hard time finding really any reason to use him over the rare shredder. If he started with the plus 2 perplex maybe it would be a harder choice but as it is I find him very meh

The Grammar Aryan
Apr 22, 2008
Do you have any Mouser Swarms? They're hilariously effective, but they're also three times the cost of a standard Foot Soldier. Other than that, though, yeah, the Rare Shredder is so much better than the Con piece, so I'd definitely go Team 2. Unless you suicide the Con Shredder, you're not really going to get much use out of his trait.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
I gotta say, I'm kind of sour on the Superior Foes setlist.

The sketch variant thing just isn't appealing, and it doesn't really make sense with Spidey, either.

But maybe I'm just a classic era Spider-fan who doesn't care about clones, tons of symbiotes, Spider-Verses, and totems.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

Double post for next weeks brainstorm. Event is called Sidekick

500 POINT GAME. Choose 2 named characters that share a keyword. The only other characters that can be on your team must be generics. Teams must have minimum of 4 figures on their team.

I was thinking about doing Secret Society until the judge looked at me and asked if I would be doing foot clan. That's such a better idea.

2 teams!

Krang - 170
Con Shredder
7 various foot soldiers
Mouser

Or

Krang
Rare Shredder
7 foot soldiers
Omega Drive

I'm leaning so hard over to team 2 it's not even funny. I've yet to play the con shredder but I have a very hard time finding really any reason to use him over the rare shredder. If he started with the plus 2 perplex maybe it would be a harder choice but as it is I find him very meh

So I found out resources are allowed for the event and as I am kinda pissed off at the stupid amount of utility belts I tend to see I figure I'll play that game too.

So 2 more teams for review

Team 1

Krang
Rare Shredder
7 foot soldiers
Utility Belt on Krang with a First Aid Kit

Team 2
Krang
Rare Shredder
5 foot soldiers (probably 2 sai, 2 nunchucks, and 1 chain Kama)
Alpha One
Robot ATA on Krang, Soldiers and Alpha one
A belt with more things on it on Krang

Edit: just realized Alpha 1 is not a generic so looks like it's team 1

Morand fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 21, 2016

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Red posted:

I gotta say, I'm kind of sour on the Superior Foes setlist.

The sketch variant thing just isn't appealing, and it doesn't really make sense with Spidey, either.

But maybe I'm just a classic era Spider-fan who doesn't care about clones, tons of symbiotes, Spider-Verses, and totems.

I'm kinda the same but there are a fair number of the classic guys as well. Sorta feels like they should have gone 100% either way (new spider verse, Morlun and his family and the Superior foes OR classic stuff like the enforcers finally) instead they went for both and seems like no one is properly satisfied. I'm hoping the fantastic forces is good cause I want a good cheap Doc Ock and hopefully the Venom and Green Goblin will be a bit different from the ones in the main set, we've still never had a Harry Osborn GG have we?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

thebardyspoon posted:

I'm kinda the same but there are a fair number of the classic guys as well. Sorta feels like they should have gone 100% either way (new spider verse, Morlun and his family and the Superior foes OR classic stuff like the enforcers finally) instead they went for both and seems like no one is properly satisfied. I'm hoping the fantastic forces is good cause I want a good cheap Doc Ock and hopefully the Venom and Green Goblin will be a bit different from the ones in the main set, we've still never had a Harry Osborn GG have we?

I don't think we've ever had a Harry, no.

The setlist is interesting, just all over the place. The Serpent Society is a neat call - but there's no Cobra to go with the Mr. Hyde (who's a sculpt reuse of Kingpin).

No Silvermane, either, is odd to me.

You can see the whole thing at: http://wizkids.com/heroclix/superiorfoesofspider-man/?mc_cid=d278a534b2&mc_eid=b4a4fff244

Edit: I will say, the inclusion of Ares is a home loving run for me.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Having now seen the entire set, I have to say I am firmly in the camp of buying a CUR, Hydro Man, and the three SRs I want most (Zemo, Ares, Chameleon) and piecing the rest out later. I guess a sketch variant would be a neat pull if they sell well, but they have no inherent draw and I don't care enough about Spidey allies to bother gambling for a chase and the majority of the baddies are below SR.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Green Goblin's not a SR again? Thank Shaft! However, it looks like Doc Ock is, so FOR gently caress'S SAKE, WizKids! Stop it! Stop making Spider-Man's second-most famous villain a super rare! The Sinister Six isn't the same if you don't have him! I guess that's why they make him an SR, though.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

ManiacClown posted:

Green Goblin's not a SR again? Thank Shaft! However, it looks like Doc Ock is, so FOR gently caress'S SAKE, WizKids! Stop it! Stop making Spider-Man's second-most famous villain a super rare! The Sinister Six isn't the same if you don't have him! I guess that's why they make him an SR, though.

It's weird, people on the Realms are throwing a shitfit over some of the villains getting a remake "so soon" and it's like, Doc Ock and Brock Venom were only available as OP kit prizes recently and before that were SRs (and 6+ years ago) so I'm kinda glad they're being made slightly more available. At this point though, I'm used to whatever really sweet villain I've been waiting ages for being an SR.

This set looks pretty cool, Devil Dinosaur, Doc Ock, Chameleon, possibly Morlun and then depending on the dials the handstand Spidey, Superior Spider man, Ares and Zemo. Man, that is a lot more SRs than I usually want. Still wish Silvermane had made it in the set though.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I'm actually quite happy with that set overall. It looks remarkably solid and like it'll be a blast for sealed play.

Though Spider Knight gets a what the gently caress from me. A 19 and he gives out ESD? Give him the weapon drop for defend STAT. In golden age with Adara he'll make me want to punch things.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Morand posted:

So I found out resources are allowed for the event and as I am kinda pissed off at the stupid amount of utility belts I tend to see I figure I'll play that game too.

So 2 more teams for review

Team 1

Krang
Rare Shredder
7 foot soldiers
Utility Belt on Krang with a First Aid Kit

So I ran team 1 for today's event it was 500 points must have 2 non generic figures and the rest are generics, minimum of 4 figures on your team.

My foot soldier lineup was 2 Sai, 2 Nunchuk, 2 Katana, 1 Chain Kama. Plus I had 2 ultra light objects to boost up the chain kama's get over here range.

Round 1 versus Andy and the Drones.

Ultron 6 non drone
AOU Vision
2 Ultron 1 drones
2 Ultron 8's
2 Uktron 14's
AOU Ultron as a drone
Yellow Battery with Mallet, Decoy, scissors, and spotlight.

I lost map roll and ended up on the new bridge because any other map is dead and buried to Andy.
First few rounds were ultra cautious. He assigned the decoy to Ultron 6 and Spotlight to vision while slowly moving up. Also pushed the Ultron 1's. I kept Krang's defense sky high and also slowly moved up.

First blood to Andy as Ultron 7 and vision took shots at my poor chain Kama and a Sai robot. They are tough and did not die though

Krang was able to go colossal and psyblast Ultron 6 for 7 clicks and KO him. Shredder and Krang then outwitted visions sidestep and psyblast and it became a game of his drones versus my drones. As many as he brought back I managed to equally keep the swarm going (I had more sai's and katana's on the sideboard). Krang took the time to heal to full via a roll of 6 on the first aid kit. Vision then went down and Krang did a RS/EE on the Uktron 1's to get rid of them. Andy KO's something like 6-7 robots, but I got his big guys and more drones so I won on points. Very good match.

Comedy moment at one point I made a foot soldier with a 9 attack re-roll three times to force a miss to let shredder clear a token but he hit all three attacks. I actually slammed my hand on the table as I couldn't believe it. He needed a 9 too.

Round 2 versus Asgardians
Ragnarkok with By Odin's Beard
Deadpool with a full belt and By Odin's Beard
2 Asgardian Trolls.

I lost map roll again and ended up on the SI crash map. First rounds were positioning as he ran deadpool with one troll to one side of the map and ragnarok to the other. I moved up slowly. He did a RS EE onto a soldier, knocking it out and pinging another one for 1 the dead one came back as a Sai.. Shredder then moved up and outwitted the shape change on ragnarok. Krang became a giant since he had a belt plus one and psyblasted Ragnarok to his stop click. Chain Kama sidestepped and threw a basketball at him and pulled him over where he was Sai'd to death.

From there, deadpool got swarmed by robots and outwitted by shredder. Knocked him onto an 18 defense with ridiculous regeneration and had Krang pulse for the win.

Round 3 versus Apokolips

Guardian
Lydea Mallor
2 or 3 Parademon Grunts
A Old school rookie Parademon Scout
A V Parademon Warrior
Phoenix Force with Cyclops on Guardian and Magik on

Lost map for the third time. Ended up on a map I didn't recognize. Had snow on the ground and 2 elevations. Think it was an AVX map.
He chose not to take my first aid as we figured he'd have 2 relics assigned and his fragment would be KO'd. It wouldn't play a factor anyway.

As with the other games first few rounds were positioning until he made a ballsy move to come up with all his grunts and lydea to break up my robot perplexing. Managed to hit Lydea for a push after Shredder took away shape change and a Nunchuk robot hit her (yay earthbound) the rest of his grunts fell to flurry and blades. Guardian took out a katana solider which clicked his dial to outwit which sucked. I cleared and he did a RS/PB on Krang. He hit the first attack but Krang probed it into a Critical Miss. Nobody else had LOF so he had to take it. Shredder lost his outwit and Krang lost his attack power. But he had to move guardian down to the rim of elevated to get that LOF as I'd not had to giant Krang as he was just killing grunts. Chain Kama yoinked him down after 3 perplexes to his attack. And Krang, Shredder, and some sai's took him down. Lydea fell soon after as he clicked to a non outwit click on the force with the death of guardian. Krang went big and hit her to her stop click and shredder did the rest.

Went 3-0 and walked away with Moon Knight. I cannot stress how much I completely love the turtles set. Everything in it is a blast to play and everything is competitive. Next week is 500 no resources, I am pretty sure I'll be abandoning the turtles for a bit though. I have played the poo poo out of them lately.

Morand fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Jul 25, 2016

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Morand posted:

I cannot stress how much I completely love the turtles set. Everything in it is a blast to play and everything is competitive.

Couldn't agree more.

I'm kind of hoping we get some well-known and/or obscure Foot Clan guys in there within the next two sets (there are at least 2 more coming - right?).

Tatsu?

Knucklehead?

Shogun (from the NES game)?

Tora (also from the NES game)?

Any of these guys we don't already have:

- - -

Anything's possible if Alpha One got made - he was in one episode of the 80s cartoon.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

I got to play in my second Civil War this month, at the smaller venue where we're doing a two booster sealed for 300 points then having two four player matches. I ran:

Mach-IV
Falcon
Yellow jacket
Iron Spidey

Game one featured opposing teams of Mach-IV/Yellowjacket/Bullseye/Spidey, Songbird/Stature/Bullseye/Namorita, and Punisher/Jack O Lantern/Speedfreek/Wiccan. The early focus was a dogpile on the Speedfreek team; SF himself went down to the Bullseye/Mach-IV combo and Wiccan took a beating, while Stature flubbed her opening shot on a push with her trait and then ate 2 from Bullseye, and the second Bullseye crit missed his opening. By the time it came around to me again, I was able to KO Stature with Spidey, have Falcon shove Bullseye off a roof (seriously kind of in love with that Falcon), and have Mach kill snipe Wiccan. And so it went for the rest of the game; figures would almost get KO'd and I'd wind up stealing the points. By the end of it I had only lost Spidey, but managed 460 points, beating second place by 250.

Round 2 it didn't matter how I fared as long as I KO'd something and stalled out points for the other guys. Again, I took out a Stature early, then Songbird, and eventually a Radioactive Man. I was greatly helped this game by an opponent using Jester's bots to completely stymy some other opponents' Running Shot and allow me to dismantle some figures, it wouldn't have worked half as well without them. At the end I'd scored nearly 800 points, second place getting 300, and got an LE Cap for my trouble (then traded for Namorita and Radioactive Man); it pays to be a kill stealing jerk sometimes.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Double posting for Mephisto, who looks drat fun and accurate as hell: http://heroclix.com/marvel-heroclix...hampion-figure/

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

"It's a non-speaking role"
So I picked up the TMNT Mouser Madness set. It's pretty great. The sculpts look wonderful. Heroclix (at least way back in the day) had a problem with some really bad sculpts sometimes.

I love the concept of co-op campaigns for this game. I'm a big fan of co-op games. It's also a very good less intimidating way of introducing heroclix to people who never played before.

We (me, and two people who never played heroclix) played the "save splinter" with 3 turtles (Mikey, Don and Raph). The game came down to one mouser who got through, and since splinter only has 1 health being a pog it came down to 1 roll. Splinter survived, but only because of reflexes!

It was fun, but I did have a few issues with it. it felt overly random a little. (whether or not Rat king appears, depending on the random distribution of the rooms, whether or not the mousers are close or far can make a big difference since towards the end mousers won't be able to make it close enough to matter).

There's no real balance fixing between 2-4 players, so having more turtles makes it easier. Next time I think I'd try to make it so all four turtles are in play (with 3 players maybe one player gets 2 turtles, and the other two get Casey and April and adjust the difficulty to a little harder accordingly)

Also, having player 1 always control Casy was a little lame I thought. We ended up just consensus moving him. Also, the rules don't say so, but there's no reason to not have Casey come in at the beginning since the only reason he's removed is from being KO'd. the rules don't say this, as far as I could see.

It's a great set though and I look forward to doing casual Marvel vs. Turtles battles, though since most of my figures are older I'll have to have some house rules (like, if a unit is getting used a lot he costs a little more). I have a pretty cool cardboard city set I've been wanting to use again.

The rare Baxter stockman has an abillity ("four armzzzzz") that lets him carry up to 4 small creatures. I want to do a 300 point list of Baxter with 12 Mousers. :)

E: Rat King appeared at the last round, we joked about him showing up with coffee. 'Hey guys, sorry I'm late!"

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jul 30, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

If you are just doing the mayhem scenario then just keep what you have but if you like the turtles you've got to get the commons from the main set at least, the mouser mayhem are the worst versions of the turtles by far.

The commons are really good. The chases are the commons turned up to eleven. The nick turtles are completely different from the other versions but still good in their own way.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Morand posted:

If you are just doing the mayhem scenario then just keep what you have but if you like the turtles you've got to get the commons from the main set at least, the mouser mayhem are the worst versions of the turtles by far.

The commons are really good. The chases are the commons turned up to eleven. The nick turtles are completely different from the other versions but still good in their own way.

Crap. I wish I knew that, since I don't think I'm super interested in playing the scenarios a lot, but using them with my other clix.

Foolster41 fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jul 31, 2016

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Foolster41 posted:

Crap. I wish I knew that, since I don't think I'm super interested in playing the scenarios a lot, but using them with my other clix.

The commons from the main set shouldn't set you back that much. If you pay more then 1-2 bucks apiece you are getting ripped off.

Here's all 4 turtles, a mouser, and 1 of each foot soldier for less then 20 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Heroclix-10-Figure-Common-Set-/371695139370?hash=item568ac1ba2a:g:JyQAAOSw3mpXDxzl

Morand fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Jul 31, 2016

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Morand posted:

The commons from the main set shouldn't set you back that much. If you pay more then 1-2 bucks apiece you are getting ripped off.

Here's all 4 turtles, a mouser, and 1 of each foot soldier for less then 20 bucks

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TMNT-Teenage-Mutant-Ninja-Turtles-Heroclix-10-Figure-Common-Set-/371695139370?hash=item568ac1ba2a:g:JyQAAOSw3mpXDxzl

Good to know. I went on Amazon to see what they have there (since I can use my survey gift cards there) and I found this

$130. Holy poo poo. That's about $7 a piece.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Foolster41 posted:

Good to know. I went on Amazon to see what they have there (since I can use my survey gift cards there) and I found this

$130. Holy poo poo. That's about $7 a piece.

http://www.coolstuffinc.com is a good site for singles. Shop there instead.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I find Amazon clix prices to always be heavily inflated.

On a different note today was 500 points no resources. I had such bad choice lock for this event, I made something like 5 or 6 teams. Had it narrowed down to either Batman Family or Marauders and let Andy cast the deciding vote since he couldn't make it. He chose marauders so marauders it was. All pieces from UXM

Blockbuster
Riptide
Scrambler
Harpoon
Sabretooth
Mr. Sinister
Malice
John Greycrow
Gamma Bomb object

500 on the money.

Basic Strategy was to move up, let the Gamma Bomb funnel them towards me and let it blow before moving in. If they came up sooner or disarmed it. Swarm like the dickens. John would equip a light object every round. I really don't think there's any good reason to ever shoot for psyblast

There actually was a morlock squad there with so many 10 point morlocks. I wished I could have faced it for a thematic game but no luck.

Round 1 versus Hydra
Zombie Red Skull
Dreadnaught
Wolverine Agent of Hydra
Arnim Zola
Baron Strucker from AOU Movie
Hydra Recruit

He had a bunch of test subjects on the side as well. I won map and chose the wizkids HQ premium map. I wanted walls to funnel him. I moved down slow first few turns he spawned test subjects and tried to have them disarm the bomb. One delayed it but they could not disarm it. He then came at me with red skull being carried by Dreadnaught. I hit leaderships and hit him hard. Greycrow did 3 to skull. Sabretooth did a specialty massacre blades for 5 and hurt Dreadnaught and KO'd skull. Harpoon finished off Dreadnaught. Riptide tried to side and pulse a group of his dudes but rolled a 4. Wolverine then murdered Riotode pretty hardcore with some Gwen perplex help. The bomb exploded at this point and hit a big chunk of his team. It hit on my turn so I was able to use the mutant massacre healing to mitigate it somewhat. Sabretooth took the worst of it and Sinister healed him. Baron Strucker summoned so many subject he ended up with a plus 3 to stats but I was able to KO a subject and hit him with a boosted Greycrow for the win.

Round 2 versus X-Force
Dark Angel
Vanisher
OP Kit Psylocke
Mirage
Dr. Nemesis

That Dark Angel is so ridiculously good. I hate facing him. I won map roll and stuck with wizkids map. I did the same move down first round. He had vanisher carry nemesis, mirage and the doc and landed on the bomb and immediately disarmed it. So much for that.

Stayed cautious, keeping Sinister in a side room with Scrambler kept blockbuster at a 19 with malice. he perplexed the speed of dark angel and hit poor Sabretooth for 4 to regen. Moved up his supporting squad as well to block LOF's.Ran Sabretooth to sinister. I threw Riptode at him. Who rolled a 4..... Again...... He was then promptly murdered. Dark Angel did a dual RS on Greycrow and Blockbuster and hit, doing all to Blockbuster. Hit leadership to take a token off Sinister. John did a RS on dark angel and actually hit, doing 1. Harpoon hit vanished to prob and malice charged in to try and finish him off for me to trigger the massacre trait but missed. Had to to clear. He tried to beat on Malice but she hit shape change. Angel cleared. I then got clever. Scrambler based angel and took away his defense. Sinister then healed Sabretooth to his second click and swapped him with Scrambler and I went for blades. Hit and rolled 3 1's forcing me to burn so many theme probs before finally doing 3. It put him on a flurry and invuln click but I had no other shots because I had to burn so many probs. Malice then took out vanisher and I mostly healed as I had no attackers left because of all the drat probs I had to burn. Sabretooth ate a flurry blades that put him last click and nemesis finished Sabretooth off. Things were looking grim. Hit leadership and scrambler moved and did his outwit. John hit for 3 to his last click and I could not hit a drat 16 pushed malice off perplex for last prob and still missed. Moved Sinister near blockbuster. He tried to free regen but hit nothing, with his power action though he rolled a 5 and 3 and healed for 3. Nemesis was able to outwit my scramblers outwit and perplex damage to 0. He perplexed the defense of angel to an 18 with Psylocke. It was now Hail Mary time. After clearing and him missing malice she broke to sidestep and hit nemesis onto regular outwit. Scrambler then scrambled. Harpoon missed, John missed. Sinister heals blockbuster to his top click, exchanges him with Scrambler. 10 v 18. First attack hits, only Dark angel can prob it and he does. Roll again(I had switched out my dice at this point) first die is a 6, second die spins a bit but falls on a 2. 5 clicks to angel and he is out.

Nemesis and he rest put up a fight but once Angel was down the game was over once I KO'd the doc. The bonuses let me get the rest to their last clicks or thereabouts and it ended the next turn.

What an awesome and tense game.

Round 3 versus the Guardians of the Galaxy

The defense sharing Star-Lord
OP Kit Gamora
Star hawk with sidelined Alura
Major Victory
The rocket Racoon with the tactical genius supreme power.
All had the ATA that stops outwitting

I lost map roll and ended up on the civil war movie map with the two quinjets. I ended up on the elevated part and placed the bomb down below. He moved up and tried unsuccessfully to disarm it. I moved down, a bit bunched up and waited. Star hawk did a RS and hit Sabretooth to regen. He TK'd rocket who finished him off. Ouch. John did a RS down and managed to hit rocket. Riptide did a move and sidestep and...... rolled an 8. Hitting Gamora, hawk and KOing rocket. With the speed bonus Blockbuster was able to be TK'd and slam Alura (he switched after the pulse) for 6 and knock her back when he changed back to hawk for the regen. He gave him outwit and prob and killed my pulse wave and delayed the bomb. Star lord moved to take a shot on sinister but missed. Blockbuster was outwit by star lord and KO'd by Gamora. He cleared otherwise. Gamora fell to JG, sinister with the boost did 4 to starlord. Star hawk healed for 3 via regen. He switched to alura. Bomb was close to going off. Riptide moved and pulsed the hawk, sinister healed harpoon who had pushed earlier, he switched places with Riptode and KO'd the hawk. JG did a RS on Major victory whole malice KO'd starlord. The bomb then went off and finished off Major Victory and also took out scrambler.

The marauders have insanely good synergy when all played together. I was not sold on this team in the beginning. I had thought that bat family was better but in hindsight not sure how the family would have done against Darl Angel. Very fun team.

Foolster41
Aug 2, 2013

Red posted:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com is a good site for singles. Shop there instead.

Morand posted:

I find Amazon clix prices to always be heavily inflated.

Probably a little higher than other places, though like I said, Amazon is where I can use my survey money. I did find much more reasonable amazon listings of same things as well.

tragedyjones
Oct 26, 2010
Finally just got around to playing my 2 Chase Turtles myself (Mike and Don) with the Nick versions of the other 2, Nobody, Casey and Splinter @400. I felt dirty, they are freaking amazing.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

tragedyjones posted:

Finally just got around to playing my 2 Chase Turtles myself (Mike and Don) with the Nick versions of the other 2, Nobody, Casey and Splinter @400. I felt dirty, they are freaking amazing.

I may get punched if I play all 4 of them again at my venue. As soon as they base something they completely ruin it's day. Everyone gets hung up on Raphael for the penetrating damage but I think Michaelangelo is the best for his ability to just completely lock someone down for two turns. If you turtle technique he can give out 3 a turn. With one empower he's doing 11 clicks in a turn. Great piece

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Foolster41 posted:

Probably a little higher than other places, though like I said, Amazon is where I can use my survey money. I did find much more reasonable amazon listings of same things as well.

As someone with an Amazon points credit card, I totally understand. Then your best bet with Amazon is to buy a bunch from one dealer and "try" to save on shipping. Use https://www.lightningdrops.com to track prices of pieces you're interested in. I've been able to land a good number of pieces for cheap (mostly unopened TabApp, GSX colossals, gravity feed things) that way.

---

Usually, Married With Clix videos are great, but this one just makes Energy Explosion seem more confusing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f_J1CTwkQw

The scenario in the video is a little complicated - it actually makes the power even more confusing, I think.

Thankfully, the old Heroclix.com explanation is still pretty clear: http://heroclix.com/heroclix/a-whole-new-world-energy-explosion/

Anyone here happen to have a good scenario example (with pics)?

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

I have no pictures but here is an example from Yesterday to help describe it maybe.

Sabretooth has a 15 defense. Next to him is a Blockbuster with an 18 and invulnerability, a Malice with a 17 and impervious, and a riptide with 17 ESD. Let me try and give their positioning.

code:
BB. MAL.
    SAB.
    RIP
Blockbuster(BB) in front of Malice(MAL) who is next to Sabretooth (SAB). Riptide next to Sabretooth.
Rocket Racoon with an 11 attack and 2 bolts takes a shot on Sabretooth and rolls a 7. Sabretooth is damaged which triggers EE since he has 2 bolts, he'll deal 2 damage to each piece next to the target that he didn't initially target.

Compare his AV versus the defense of the adjacent figures. Blockbuster is hit and dealt 2, which invulnerability reduces to 0. Malice is also hit and dealt 2 but impervious reduces it to 0. Because of ESD, riptide has a 19 defense and is missed.

Now let's say he dual targeted Sabretooth and Blockbuster. Same roll as before, only this time he assigns all 3 damage to blockbuster. Blockbuster would take 1 as invuln reduces it. Malice would take 0 as before because of imperv, but the most important change here? Sabretooth doesn't take anything. Since he was targeted, he's not included in the area of effect of EE even though the roll would have hit him.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Got a Punisher Van coming in the mail, think this is the most excited I have been to play a Heroclix figure in years. Will probably play it with some sort of Marvel Knights team I think, surprise my mate with some unexpected weapon shenanigans.

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Aug 1, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Ares has been coded: http://www.hcrealms.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8699144&postcount=4298 He's really good without being abusive, I'm very happy with him.

I played Giant Size X-Men this weekend (the eight 50 point old school pieces from UXM plus DP Banshee). I expected Banshee to not feel lovely since most of those pieces don't hit very hard, but I hadn't accounted for how much of a bonus Thunderbird gives if you use his Exploit to KO him on your turn and give yourself two turns of +1 stats to your entire team. Everybody hitting for 3-6 damage with 5-6 actions (because of course I'll push to make the most of that buff), along with Banshee making things softer and easier to hit, and I still felt kind of dirty using that team.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Played in my first civil war event. Life had been keeping me away. We did 3 BR's. Your top result would determine how many points you scored for the grand prize calculations.

I got placed into pro-registration.

Round 1 I had

Bullseye
Jester
Spider Man
Doc Sampson
Cobalt Man

Bullseye played the role of kill stealing jerk after being knocked onto a ESD/RCE click. Cobalt man had the move of the game though when he moved to pulse wave 4 figures, rolled 3 1's on the do extra damage toll and crippled the whole team.

Bullseye though was the star getting enough KO's to get me first place. I drafted a Wiccan cause I want the young avengers more then an LE.

Round 2 I had what I thought was an even better team.

Speedfreak
Yellowjacket
Mrs Marvel
Doc Sampson
Taskmaster

But I got jumped in my starting area by 2 dudes who could not miss and I couldn't hit. Managed enough KO's for second place despite it all though and drafted a Stature

Round 3 we had a ton of dropouts and with 6 players left the judge decided that he'd do one full table and one 1 v 1 game. I ended up in the one v one game.

I had
Plunderer
2 Mach IV's
Iron Man
Mrs Marvel

I went against a super punchy team that I shot to hell before it could get near me. Took the LE, which was a Captain Marvel which I am happy with.

Overall not too bad a clix day.

Morand
Apr 16, 2004

Superior Foes has been entirely spoiled on the realms. Anyone have any thoughts on the set?

It looks like a very punchy set, not a ton of range. I really want that new Baron Zemo, he's going to make the new thunderbolts we got in civil war sing.

Morlun looks to be king of sealed though

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Morand posted:

Superior Foes has been entirely spoiled on the realms. Anyone have any thoughts on the set?

It looks like a very punchy set, not a ton of range. I really want that new Baron Zemo, he's going to make the new thunderbolts we got in civil war sing.

Morlun looks to be king of sealed though
Fast Forces is spoiled too. Green Goblin's a bit of a dud but the other 5 pieces range from solid to excellent.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Why do none of the Goblins fly? That and a few classic still unclixed Spidey villains being missing are the two mysteries of the set for me. Still mostly good though.

Got some awesome bargains today, my local shop found out two bricks from their stockroom and sold them to me and a mate for way less than the rrp. I got a full brick of Teen Titans and me and him went halfsies on a Trinity War brick and picked out boosters. I got Envy, the Outsider and a SR Zatanna from my 5, traded her and Vandal Savage for the Wonder Woman SR my friend got. From the Titans brick I got the New Teen Titans base, Flash SR, Red Tornado, Ray and Beast Boy prime

thebardyspoon fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Aug 9, 2016

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

It looks like a fun as hell set despite a few weird character choices (Power Man/Iron Fist) or particularly odd sculpt reuse (Mr Hyde is apparently Kingpin with a wig and a cape). I love all the Sinister Syndicate, Masters of Evil, and Serpent Society, and i don't see myself playing a good guy for a long while.

The lack of flight on any goblin is incredibly weird, especially given that Betty Brant specifically neuters Fliers named Hobgoblin, yet is worthless against the one in the same set as her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Tonight was our Superior Foes release event. 300 points, 2 boosters.

My boosters didn't have a lot to pick from - Jonah, Betty, etc. I went with:

- U Miles Spidey
- Black Mamba
- C Spider-Girl
- Doc Ock
Total: 285

Round 1, versus a very sharp player I've never beaten - he ran a Syndicate team of Kraven, Shocker, Thug, Green Goblin, and Scorpion. We played on the Bank Heist map. Kraven picked Miles as his hunt target, and I sidestepped Ock and Miles up, letting Kraven move freely. I immediately dropped Mamba into the first square of hindering in a long row of it. As his team moved in, I pushed her to lay down smoke, and started hitting for free. Her smoke cloud just caused all kinds of problems, and pushing Mamba just improved her numbers. My opponent couldn't land any of his dice rolls, despite the theme probs. Kraven tried making a run on Miles, and failed. Miles punched him, then Ock walked in to knock him off the map. After that, I was able to Outwit and do the same to Scorpion. Time was called, I went up 140-0.

Round 2, versus another strong player I've never beaten - he ran Speed Demon, Mysterio, Scarlet Spider, and Spider-Girl. On the Bank Heist map, I ran the same strategy, and placed in the same areas. He forgot about Ock's reach, and Otto was able to pummel Mysterio into oblivion. Spider-Girl and Scarlet eventually met the same fate after being tied up by smoke clouds and Miles. Speed Demon, however, was able to run around the map, and KO'd Ock and Mamba. Didn't matter, as Miles and Spider-Girl were able to avoid taking any more clicks from Speed Demon. Time was called, and I took it, 215-140.

Round 3, against a guy I'd only ever beaten once - he ran Mephisto (full), Lizard, and Hobgoblin. Once more, I stuck to the battle plan on the Bank Heist map. Ock kept his distance, waiting for the right time, as Mamba laid down smoke to try and whittle enemies down. Eventually, Lizard just charged in. Mamba took a big hit, but it didn't matter. Ock sidestepped up, Outwitted Liz's defense, and wailed away for four attacks. With help from Miles, Lizard hit the dirt. Hobgoblin tried to keep his distance, but quickly met the same fate. Mephisto clicked on to his god clicks, and moved in. My opponent rushed in, and left him double-tokened - I surrounded him, and willingly took whatever mystics damage I had to to knock him down. I managed to knock him down to his final click - 19 regen. Ock rolled a 20, and that was that. 290-0.

I went 3-0, won the event, and got a symbiote. I severely underrated how useful Mamba is - I just parked her in hindering and smoked her opponents to death. Dr. Octopus is everything a Doc Ock dial should be - just a barrage of attacks. Miles and Spider-Girl were just icing on the cake.

Edit: The stuff I've pulled so far has completely won me over with this set, even with the stupid sketch variant crap.

• Locked thread