Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
What does Fox's dad have to do with webcomics?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Poison Mushroom posted:

What does Fox's dad have to do with webcomics?

Space is an infinite canvas.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

FlyinPingu posted:

sorry about your racism

what do you mean by this post?

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that

Hogge Wild posted:

what do you mean by this post?

It's something people say at random when you poo poo talk anime. I guess korean stuff counts now too.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Pavlov posted:

It's something people say at random when you poo poo talk anime. I guess korean stuff counts now too.

thanks

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Dunno why y'all are instantly conflating korean webcomics with pedophile poo poo, pretty weird imo. Seems like it might be a race thing.

racists

in other news Poppy updated I guess? Iunno I don't really care that much.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Der-Shing has started the first Kickstarter for The Meek. It's already 175% funded.

fritz
Jul 26, 2003

Pyroclastic posted:

Der-Shing has started the first Kickstarter for The Meek. It's already 175% funded.

$6K away from the 'new prequel chapter' stretch goal.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kill Six Billion Demons

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax
laff laff laff

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

I can't for the life of me remember, did the dog women in Vattu have a justification for killing the emperor aside from taking power for themselves?

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

SlothfulCobra posted:

I can't for the life of me remember, did the dog women in Vattu have a justification for killing the emperor aside from taking power for themselves?

That's not enough justification in and of itself?

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

They think the emperor's a loose cannon and a threat to the empire because he won't listen to them/is too liberal. I think. Vattu's pacing is so slow I can remember basically none of the fine details unless I've just reread the thing.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

SlothfulCobra posted:

pee pee doo doo he is a bad emperor

Galvanik
Feb 28, 2013

It's not helped by the fact that all the dog people look alike except for that one painter.

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
^^^ What about the really intense one with the piercing blue eyes?

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Pavlov posted:

^^^ What about the really intense one with the piercing blue eyes?

He hasn't shown up (outside of flashbacks maybe?) for like 200 pages and a year and a half while we deal with dogman politics. :( I hope the current book ends soon and the story moves on, because Vattu is reaching foglioesque levels of being stuck in a castle

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Galvanik posted:

all the dog people look alike

Racist.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Galvanik posted:

It's not helped by the fact that all the dog people look alike except for that one painter.

Dahm's art style doesn't really lend itself to easily distinguishing characters when they're not like the only guy who has a TV for a head in the world but the painter, the emperor, his daughter, and super intense army guy are the only dog people that matter, everyone else is 'some courtier' or 'the housewife conspiracy' which can pretty readily be inferred from context.

the plot's also p simple, it just doesn't tie together into a single narrative so far: bored housewives formed the Illuminati so they can pretend to secretly control the empire through their husbands and one thing led to another and now they're staging a coup; emperor is sickly and worried that his empire is coming apart; painter guy doesn't really have anything to do with anything else he's just some schmuck who got drafted into trying desperately to not get executed for loving the emperor's daughter. also the title character and her smuggler kid buddies aren't involved in any of this and have no reason to care.

A Wizard of Goatse fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Aug 10, 2016

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Dahm's art style doesn't really lend itself to easily distinguishing characters when they're not like the only guy who has a TV for a head in the world but the painter, the emperor, his daughter, and super intense army guy are the only dog people that matter, everyone else is 'some courtier' or 'the housewife conspiracy' which can pretty readily be inferred from context.

the plot's also p simple, it just doesn't tie together into a single narrative so far: bored housewives formed the Illuminati so they can pretend to secretly control the empire through their husbands and one thing led to another and now they're staging a coup; emperor is sickly and worried that his empire is coming apart; painter guy doesn't really have anything to do with anything else he's just some schmuck who got drafted into trying desperately to not get executed for loving the emperor's daughter. also the title character and her smuggler kid buddies aren't involved in any of this and have no reason to care.

I think Vattu will care; she seems to like the emperor on a personal level even though she despises what he stands for. So if (when) he gets bumped off, it'll be one more reason Sahta is at the top of her shitlist, in addition to being the direct impetus for getting her out of the tower finally.

(Also, helpful tip: the principal dogpeople actors in this arc are basically color-sorted, with lighter color correlating pretty closely with higher rank. I don't know to what extent if any this is supposed to be A Thing in the worldbuilding as opposed to a simple aesthetic convention for the readers, but it does help keep track of the dogpeople.)

Avshalom
Feb 14, 2012

by Lowtax

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Is...Friedrich about to get MIB memory wiped by Lila? :ohdear:

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Captain Oblivious posted:

I figured that tag meant he's going to get physically teleported in for an emergency briefing. What you said is equally as likely.

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Real tight ship those Veil folks are running there. No fuckups at all.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Forgall posted:

Real tight ship those Veil folks are running there. No fuckups at all.

To be fair, Friedrich is pretty forgetable. He just doesn't have any distinctive features.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
lio, the lion dude there on the 4th rung of the ladder, was in the dragon chapter wasn't he

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
I like that the ninth rung is broken and covered in poo poo, just in case we didn't get exactly how clueless Poppy is supposed to be.

JuniperCake
Jan 26, 2013

Tollymain posted:

lio, the lion dude there on the 4th rung of the ladder, was in the dragon chapter wasn't he

Yeah, he's shown up a few times now. He was also at the dinner in the last chapter and told Frederick to contact veil asap while he was there.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

My guess is the time is going to be rewound and the past few minutes are going to unhappen from Friedrich's perspective.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

A.o.D. posted:

My guess is the time is going to be rewound and the past few minutes are going to unhappen from Friedrich's perspective.

Well she said a spatial ticket not a temporal ticket. :v:

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

I took that as getting clearance for him to learn some stuff above his rung on the ladder, but re-reading it it could go a whole mess of ways!

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Well she said a spatial ticket not a temporal ticket. :v:

Currently the two of them are a long way away (Friedrich is astral-projecting). Presumably Friedrich is about to get some face time.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Gally posted:

I took that as getting clearance for him to learn some stuff above his rung on the ladder, but re-reading it it could go a whole mess of ways!

That's what I assume, hence why the higher up cat lady getting mad about it. Because whoops, someone let some information slip and now they're going to have to explain things to him.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

are those your guinea fowl? they're adorable

post your goat babies next please!

Abyssal Squid
Jul 24, 2003

Hooray apparently I'm not the only one with a Monster Killers-shaped hole in my heart, and someone is working to fill it. Looks like it has all the main archives other than TRAPZ, though not terribly well organized (it files the first Fragment About Monster Killers as "Superdracula") but it's better than anything I've found so far.

e: oh god it's missing some of my favorites, These Aren't About Anything, the stories about fantastic organisms like the labyrinth animal, which traps unicellular prey in a maze too difficult for single-celled brain to solve, along with various other weird things in between Superdracula's thing and NIght-Time Medical College. THERE'S STILL WORK TO BE DONE.

Abyssal Squid fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Aug 15, 2016

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Neat, but wow that guy is extremely lovely about her transitioning.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
woah lila

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Well, that's... distressing.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
It's also very nearly the whole explanation for Mary's keyhole.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

A.o.D. posted:

It's also very nearly the whole explanation for Mary's keyhole.

Oh man, I didn't make that connection, that's a good catch.

Of course, even though that means we know *what* the keyhole is, we still don't know why Mary would have one. Still, that's a big step forward from "Mary is a robot, maybe?".

• Locked thread