Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Thats really funny man now do one about the cracked podcast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Bob Costas is the worst. The only good mark on his 30 year career was last season when he was doing play-by-play for a meaningless July MLB game and inexplicably said an unknown relief pitcher should apologize to his dead relatives for allowing a run. YouTube that poo poo.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

Bob Costas is the worst. The only good mark on his 30 year career was last season when he was doing play-by-play for a meaningless July MLB game and inexplicably said an unknown relief pitcher should apologize to his dead relatives for allowing a run. YouTube that poo poo.

Yeah Bob Costas is overall very lovely (that instance was hilariously offensive, http://www.sportingnews.com/mlb/new...1q1n4x6r6mijdtz) but he's also an encyclopedia and has some great stories buried in there based on the volume of his work. Speaks to the quality of America's Sweetheart and noted Earwolf podcaster Katie Couric to get some good stories out of him!

GobiasIndustries fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Aug 8, 2016

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
have you always been a feminazi like me

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

Tarranon posted:

have you always been a feminazi like me

Where do babies come from? From the Pepsi earholes.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
how is babby formed
how girl get pregnant

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
sean was really funny and really sincere on the live who charted today

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

PBS Newshour posted:

showing my hand as an old here, but why the heck did they record this square video format :bahgawd:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
It is kind of funny how hard a time they have with recording live. Either it's cutting them short, starting late, bad audio, bad placement etc

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Where is this? I am not showing Sean as the last guest.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

Snowmankilla posted:

Where is this? I am not showing Sean as the last guest.
They did a FB Live thing on Monday, ep will be out on Wednesday. They've been doing this for their episodes recently.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
Good HH episode. Coincidently they were making fun of the donation reward.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

seven minute howl ad

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

cams posted:

seven minute howl ad

Aukerman is a sick twisted weirdo.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i wonder how many times sean has seen the film "8 mile"

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Darkman Fanpage posted:

Good HH episode. Coincidently they were making fun of the donation reward.

"Joker Was Here" is on a LOT of these

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hello, just chiming in to say i made a face when i saw a podcast on the homepage titled "the room where it's happening." cheer's.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Homework Explainer posted:

hello, just chiming in to say i made a face when i saw a podcast on the homepage titled "the room where it's happening." cheer's.

Look around. Look around. At how lucky we are to be alive right now

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

cams posted:

i wonder how many times sean has seen the film "8 mile"

he can't get with me spittin this poo poo
wickedly lickety shot
spickety spickety split lickety

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

oh god.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Hamilton is the great Upper Class White thing, because it gives you all the American Exceptionalism you need without reminding you "These people committed 200 years of atrocities so they wouldn't have to farm."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

PBS Newshour posted:

Sean's got it made where he can be praised for his sincerity and still say everyone on the music chart is a talent.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

PBS Newshour posted:

this was not actually live for people like me who were scared away by that

at least not in front of an audience. pass on that.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
QUESTION OF THE DAY: How can I get my dumb power of positivity self-help expert rear end mugged regularly???

ANSWER: Get one of the largest papers in the world to publish a story about how you walk around NYC carrying a laptop, an iPad and $4,000 in very small bills in a travel bag. Make sure both your photo and a photo of the bag get in there.

JethroMcB fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Aug 10, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Golden Bee posted:

Hamilton is the great Upper Class White thing, because it gives you all the American Exceptionalism you need without reminding you "These people committed 200 years of atrocities so they wouldn't have to farm."

slavery is actually all over Hamilton, its just not a story about slavery

the worst thing the musical does in regards to slavery is paint hercules mulligan as this total badass while ignoring his slave that help him spy.

Snooze Cruise fucked around with this message at 15:03 on Aug 10, 2016

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also while the actual broadway audiences are for the most part upper white class folks, talk to some kids, and not just white kids, you will be surprised at how many know Hamilton songs.
I am not saying all children do, but it is still getting a ton of kids interested in history.
I mean an entire podcast dedicated to it is pretty stupid tho.

Thelonius Van Funk
Apr 7, 2007
Oh boy
As someone who doesn't even live in the US and could never see the show and also likes actual rap instead of weird broadway dad rap the past year(jesus christ) of constant Hamilton talk on every podcast has been insufferable

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Its kinda silly that people keep insinuating that Hamilton ignores race when the entire point of the musical is realizing the common rags to riches hiphop narrative is oddly similar to this founding father from a long time ago. The entire musical is about race. Its messed up that people paint it as ignoring race because it doesn't mention slavery every other line but typically in white created art about the founding fathers those pieces have often ignore race way more.

You can dislike the musical because you don't like the songs or whatever, but its ridiculous that people are claiming this piece of art created by people of color that is all about race is not all about race. Like just dislike poo poo like normal people you goobers.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Oh cool.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

JethroMcB posted:

QUESTION OF THE DAY: How can I get my dumb power of positivity self-help expert rear end mugged regularly???

ANSWER: Get one of the largest papers in the world to publish a story about how you walk around NYC carrying a laptop, an iPad and $4,000 in very small bills in a travel bag. Make sure both your photo and a photo of the bag get in there.

That guy is such a lame dumb rear end lol

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

PBS Newshour posted:

Its kinda silly that people keep insinuating that Hamilton ignores race when the entire point of the musical is realizing the common rags to riches hiphop narrative is oddly similar to this founding father from a long time ago. The entire musical is about race. Its messed up that people paint it as ignoring race because it doesn't mention slavery every other line but typically in white created art about the founding fathers those pieces have often ignore race way more.

You can dislike the musical because you don't like the songs or whatever, but its ridiculous that people are claiming this piece of art created by people of color that is all about race is not all about race. Like just dislike poo poo like normal people you goobers.

If thats the "entire point" of it then it sounds pretty stupid. Ill continue thinking it sucks

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

PBS Newshour posted:

it's definitely not hosed up and weird to draw equivalencies between a white guy who moved from an apartheid state to a white supremacist one to any present-day immigrant

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

it's definitely not hosed up and weird to draw equivalencies between a white guy who moved from an apartheid state to a white supremacist one to any present-day immigrant

lmao

yes its incredibly gently caress up and weird to draw comparisons between different immigrants

hamliton was also an abolitionist

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

PBS Newshour posted:

lmao

yes its incredibly gently caress up and weird to draw comparisons between different immigrants

hamliton was also an abolitionist

oh word?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

He was a member of the Manumission Society, slavery was never his priority though yes.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
im just tired of hearing about hamilton

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Actually it's really good and if you don't sing the songs every day when you drive your car you're a weirdo, just ask this fwiggin guy

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

The graey alien post but it's about Hamilton.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
I'm mad that not every Earwolf podcast is made for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Darkman Fanpage posted:

im just tired of hearing about hamilton

me 2