Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
My ideal Litten's final evolution would be a twelve legged four tailed displacer beast. Mid form eight legs two tails.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

KungFu Grip posted:

There was another Pokemon in the Corocoro leak

It's a Sea Cucumber pokemon that is called Namakobushi and is said to be able to send its insides out from its mouth and use as a fist.

Why did they wait this long to show off a good pokemon?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Dexie posted:

He went Super Saiyan during the Manaphy movie.

i meant as far as making small children cry

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Personally I'm just glad Lord Beerus is finally in this game, so he can destroy anyone who's not worthy of being in it. Or just eat, I guess.

ok maybe dark meowth isnt so bad after all

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Vincent Van Goat posted:

Why did they wait this long to show off a good pokemon?

it's mouth is a butt

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

mandatory lesbian posted:

In the Diancie movie my kid cried when Pikachu got turned into stone. Having only seen a very small portion of the show and being only three he had no trouble suspending his disbelief that this really was the end of Pikachu.

It's adorable too, whenever there's a gym battle, Ash wins a couple of the first matches but then the gym leader comes back and starts soloing his team with a mon, he gets super worried and says "Ok, that's as much as I wanted to watch."

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

well he also straight up drowns until manaphy does something

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Also my kid is scared of Garchomp. Makes me skip any Garchomp episodes.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

it's mouth is a butt

It's a cloaca.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

it's mouth is a butt

And it's guts are fists.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

I want that sea cucumber.

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.
What is the best way to get more of the rarer evolution stones like dusk, shiny or sun in ORAS?

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Bartie posted:

What is the best way to get more of the rarer evolution stones like dusk, shiny or sun in ORAS?
Make pals with Delinquents and Ninja Boys and ask them to pick up stones.

Bartie
Mar 20, 2006

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Pentaro posted:

Make pals with Delinquents and Ninja Boys and ask them to pick up stones.

Alright, thanks! I guess Gamefreak has always been really stingy about them.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Is there some reason yawn and hypnosis always fail on a paralyzed mon? :mad:

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Yeah you can't put a Pokemon that is already paralyzed (or burned or poisoned) to sleep

Pastor Travis
Jun 5, 2008
Because you can only inflict one status condition at a time.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Which status condition is best for catching odds? Frozen, sleep, or paralyzed?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Freeze and sleep. There's no reliable way to inflict freeze, so you should just focus on using sleep.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

freeze/sleep are better than paralysis but they can wear off

I think

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

frozen and sleep are the same, both are better than paralyzed

Blaine the Train
Aug 18, 2006
Choo choo, pardner.

greatn posted:

Which status condition is best for catching odds? Frozen, sleep, or paralyzed?

Paralysis, hands down.

Edit: Oops, beaten. I didn't know frozen and sleep had better odds, but yeah they can wear off, paralysis can't.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Burn and Poison give the same odds as Paralysis, but they have certain obvious downsides

ShadeofBlue
Mar 17, 2011

Gen 1 is bugged, though, I don't remember exactly how, but I think paralysis has no effect on the capture chance. This was not fixed in the VC versions.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

ShadeofBlue posted:

Gen 1 is bugged, though, I don't remember exactly how, but I think paralysis has no effect on the capture chance. This was not fixed in the VC versions.

This is completely untrue.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Catching all these legendaries is so frustrating, just let me stack catch bonuses!

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

The Hebug posted:

I'll take one if there are any left

Edit: gently caress, beaten

Two Feet From Bread posted:

Check your PMs

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

ShadeofBlue posted:

That's Gen 2. Instead of adding +5 to the catch rate, the game just skips it, making Paralyze, Burn and Poison useless to catch Pokemon. Freeze and Sleep still add +10, so they're the only way to boost your chances, status wise.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Since this is the gen were GF breaks the mold, could we please get a status debuff UI?

Immer
Aug 11, 2009

It's what they were born for.
They serve no other purpose in life.
Keep doing what you're doing.

lezard_valeth posted:

Since this is the gen were GF breaks the mold, could we please get a status debuff UI?

You can toggle them on and off on the in-battle touch screen to show how many stages you're buffed/debuffed.

edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UC-uLg_5RIA&t=1041s

Immer fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Aug 11, 2016

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

IIRC, that was a thing when they showcased the game at E3.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Giratina just struggled itself to death, should've just let me catch it... :argh:

Edit: can't believe I wasted a master ball on a stupid legendary.

QuasiQuack fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Aug 10, 2016

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

embarrassing! ^^

do you guys think I should try to farm up some legend ribbons for beating red on my good pokes

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Has there been any evidence that DexNav is in Sun/Moon? Or could that be this generation's big letdown?

E:

QuasiQuack posted:

Giratina just struggled itself to death, should've just let me catch it... :argh:

This happened to me with Terrakion in Alpha Sapphire. loving sucked.

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

QuasiQuack posted:

Edit your post then go play the mine cart game on Pokemon GL and get yourself a replacement master ball, no one need ever know.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Super No Vacancy posted:

embarrassing! ^^

do you guys think I should try to farm up some legend ribbons for beating red on my good pokes

It is a good ribbon

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Kelp Plankton posted:

HG/SS goes for like $80 if it's just the cart and like $110 if the poke walker is included. Full boxed copies are even higher

They should just release the DS games on the VC with Pokebank support and stop this garbage

It would be freaking amazing if they did this. I've always kind of wanted to play Pokemon on a TV anyway.

Okay, well, I've always been able to play Red\Blue\Gold\Silver on a TV, but nothing after Gen 3.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

QuasiQuack posted:

what else would you use it on? :confused:

or is that :thejoke:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I just got HG for like $40 at gamestop whenever it was that I started posting about it

Kerrrrrrr posted:

what else would you use it on? :confused:

or is that :thejoke:

using master balls on stationary pokemon is heavily noob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Super No Vacancy posted:

embarrassing! ^^

in my opinion you should only battle red once with your favorite available monsters, preferably ones you met ~level 10 and used exclusively throughout the game

• Locked thread