Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Teflon Don posted:

Cool lifehack: when you're a civilian the entire world is a no salute zone

Not ur moms bed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

TBeats posted:

Not ur moms bed

morituri te salutant

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
It wouldn't be a fine Army day until you hear some aggressive bitching about political correctness, FEMINISTS, and trannies in your first fifteen minutes at work.

From your EOR.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Wasabi the J posted:

It wouldn't be a fine Army day until you hear some aggressive bitching about political correctness, FEMINISTS, and trannies in your first fifteen minutes at work.

From your EOR.

Long Live SFC Nimrod Springle, EOR. Godspeed you unfortunate man.

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

Wasabi the J posted:

Thanks. I'm loving done with these people and its taken me ten years the ones in the rear are loving awful adults too.

I should have specified I'm guard and they'll hold onto you well after two failed PT tests in my state.

So what, you have like 80 days of service left? Hahahahaha suck it the gently caress up you baby

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
gently caress you.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Fudge posted:

So what, you have like 80 days of service left? Hahahahaha suck it the gently caress up you baby

Shut the gently caress up

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Fudge posted:

If I could somehow let you experience what it feels like to figuratively get hosed in the rear end almost nonstop with no good way out of the situation, you probably wouldn't last more than several days.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Fudge posted:

Everyone flame this clown

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Fudge posted:

What the gently caress dude.

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,
Boooooo

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
I bet 80 days of active sucks a lot less than 2 years of guard bullshit.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

mlmp08 posted:

I can't wait for March. ETS, here I come. Suck it Guard.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Fudge posted:

"Fudge" is a euphemism for "poo poo." Hmm.

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Fudge posted:

loving gently caress the gently caress off.

jeromas
Aug 30, 2007

All full. Is that it? Naw, I don't think so. I think you're too scared to be eatin'.
College Slice

Fudge posted:

Hey dipshit, you forgot to count the week of drill depression that starts Sunday evening on the weekend prior to drill.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
What's with all the feelings

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
I don't know that poster but this is my impression of what's cool:

Considering joining: gently caress you idiot fag don't do it
Signs contract: idiot bitch back out before you ship
Posts from boot camp: gently caress off you don't know anything YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO US
Posts from first duty station: nobody cares about your boot stories enjoy deploying or worse yet NOT DEPLOYING because it's peacetime military WE WARNED YOU
Posts from overseas: gently caress you idiot lol why are you complaining didn't you read the thread on joining?
Posts with 80 days left: DEFEND THIS MANS HONOR AT ALL COSTS
Posts after ETS: hi welcome to to the FYGM mafia

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Hmm just gonna read up on whether they finished investigating that range death a few weeks back.

Live fire, didn't clear weapon. Range safety didn't clear weapon. Soldier passes off rifle to someone else and neither clear weapon. Soldier sees his buddies playing swords with chem lights and wants to join in. Soldier raises rifle, flips selector to semi, fires chambered round through chem-sword guy's face. Thank you for your service. ffs

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Zeris posted:

I don't know that poster but this is my impression of what's cool:

Considering joining: gently caress you idiot fag don't do it
Signs contract: idiot bitch back out before you ship
Posts from boot camp: gently caress off you don't know anything YOU SHOULD HAVE LISTENED TO US
Posts from first duty station: nobody cares about your boot stories enjoy deploying or worse yet NOT DEPLOYING because it's peacetime military WE WARNED YOU
Posts from overseas: gently caress you idiot lol why are you complaining didn't you read the thread on joining?
Posts with 80 days left: DEFEND THIS MANS HONOR AT ALL COSTS
Posts after ETS: hi welcome to to the FYGM mafia

when i was deployed, as we got closer to going home for good i got more and more paranoid that i was going to die. as our redeployment date got closer, my paranoia would go up exponentially.

being 3 months before getting out of the military is kind of like that and is not to be taken lightly!!

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
gently caress you if you're still in.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

jeromas posted:

Hey dipshit, you forgot to count the week of drill depression that starts Sunday evening on the weekend prior to drill.

drill depression is real and powerful

my entire week was ruined before drill. making it through the workweek so you can spend your weekend faking inventory and PMCS and not being released until 8pm sunday night. gently caress that.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

mlmp08 posted:

Hmm just gonna read up on whether they finished investigating that range death a few weeks back.

Live fire, didn't clear weapon. Range safety didn't clear weapon. Soldier passes off rifle to someone else and neither clear weapon. Soldier sees his buddies playing swords with chem lights and wants to join in. Soldier raises rifle, flips selector to semi, fires chambered round through chem-sword guy's face. Thank you for your service. ffs

jfc

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

drill depression is real and powerful

my entire week was ruined before drill. making it through the workweek so you can spend your weekend faking inventory and PMCS and not being released until 8pm sunday night. gently caress that.

Going through this right now. Although I suspiciously haven't started getting barraged by emails yet, probably because 3/4 of the unit is out of UTAs and won't be there and the remaining 1/4 is burned out from AT, which just ended a week ago.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I got pulled from going to Bumfuck Canada and instead have to do my AT (day 2 already) for three weeks here at the armory. Also I mentioned in my last post we got a new commander, new supply sergeant, new readiness NCO, and all new leadership otherwise (sans medical officers) this same week.

The new supply sergeant just came over from 15 years as a Marine supply whatever.

The new readiness NCO (remind you: the guy in charge of pay, training, etc) proudly walked in today and asked "hey, is anybody good with computers? I don't have one at home and don't understand them". Also he is ancient.

The new commander is an old medical nurse practitioner bitch that wears the "may I see your manager" haircut, complete with bottle-blonde color and paris hilton sunglasses in her car. We visited her house once back when she was a captain and she clearly wears the pants in the family (breadwinner, etc). She's from Scottsdale if that means anything to you.

I live 45 miles from the Armory. They won't let me stay overnight here (except weekends, that's why it's an extra week) because I'm not past the 50 mile limit, despite not owning highway capable cars (old beetle and old bus), making my trip take at least 70 minutes over surface streets.

They will not feed us. Normally this is a good thing, but I am between paychecks right now because I had to take all of this loving time off for A/T, and the new readiness NCO has hosed up our pay. Hell, and I say this with extreme trepidation and full knowledge of what I'm saying: I'd even take an MRE a day or whatever until payday.

We are essentially this marine supply sergeant's bitch. Spend all goddamned loving day arranging NVG's so the serial number is out. Or today we're spending all day doing TA-50 for a bunch of soldiers that just left.

gently caress my goddamned life I do not want to wake up again tomorrow at 0345 so I can make it here by 0500 to do BS PT. I went home last night, yelled at :siren: my fiancee :siren: (common law I guess - we've been together for 7 years), took a shot, and went to sleep.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
imagine enlisting in a post GIP world

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

imagine enlisting in a post GIP world

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost

:wow:

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
AHAHAHAHAHA

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Gotta love being in Korea.

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Reeeeeeeeeekd

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

So glad I'm out. :feelsgood:

milk milk lemonade
Jul 29, 2016

mlmp08 posted:

Oh yah I bet :downs:

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
lol does that apply to lewis too? it says 2nd ID wherever they are. just :lol::perfect:

Naked Bear posted:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Mike-o posted:

lol does that apply to lewis too? it says 2nd ID wherever they are. just :lol::perfect:

does that mean it applies to people on leave as well? CSM gonna be browsing FB profiles of everyone who signed out recently and until it's lifted.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mike-o posted:

I thought there was some weird thing where 2ID's brigade at Lewis fell under 7th ID in garrison or something.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

psydude posted:

I thought there was some weird thing where 2ID's brigade at Lewis fell under 7th ID in garrison or something.

i dunno maybe, i seem to recall that being the case when i was there.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
quick, we need our cherry lieutenant to get us the latest scoop. 2LT MUSTANG, REPORT TO THE GIP ARMY COMMON AREA, ASAP.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What happened? This kind of thing doesn't happen unless someone did a stupid. Right? RIGHT?!?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

What happened? This kind of thing doesn't happen unless someone did a stupid. Right? RIGHT?!?!

some units get put on GO1 for gunnery, but putting everyone on GO1 usually means some dumb poo poo happened.

• Locked thread