Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Immolat1on posted:

This dude spams this garbage every day but this is the first in awhile that made me laugh.

I'm confused. What's the significance of carrying the American flag in this context? Is it an Olympic honor? Also, do we usually pick the person with the most medals to do it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013
this woman lives in one of the wealthiest suburbs in Sydney and is a perfect combo of anti-vax, #paleo, raw food, clean eating, toxins etc and constantly shills her "magnesium extract"

asking the hard questions to the cheese farmer

so glad her young daughter has been doing independent research on the dangers of fluoride and the benefits of holistic dentistry

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

invisible jerk posted:

this woman lives in one of the wealthiest suburbs in Sydney and is a perfect combo of anti-vax, #paleo, raw food, clean eating, toxins etc and constantly shills her "magnesium extract"

asking the hard questions to the cheese farmer

so glad her young daughter has been doing independent research on the dangers of fluoride and the benefits of holistic dentistry

I know exactly the type of person this lady is and if it's absolutely infuriating because you absolutely CANNOT convince them that simply having a child doesn't magically make you an expert on their health.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

please describe to me the work methods of a holistic dentist

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Attitude Indicator posted:

Allopathic dentists only treat the cavity or the plaque, holistic dentists treat the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Nice try Mom, but my Xbox is on a wired connection, that's all i need. Clean the kitchen yourself :rolleyes:

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

A Hunger Games reference in 2016?

invisible jerk
Jul 29, 2013

Attitude Indicator posted:

if they're sensible it means looking at problems in the mouth (gum disease, tooth decay, ulcers etc) as potential indicators of greater health or dietary issues, if they're not it means scaremongering about fluoride and fillings. Guess which one she is taking her daughter to

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Allopathic dentists only treat the cavity or the plaque, holistic dentists treat the tooth, the whole tooth and nothing but the tooth.

Nice.

I get an irresistible urge to punch reason into these people because they are wilfully wrong, smug about being that way and force their kids to go for that loving bullshit.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

I feel like, as a human, I'm more compassionate than that chimp who hosed a frog.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Uh, everything in nature is fine and nice and look at all the animals getting along, isn't it perfect? They're gonna break out into a dance number any minute now. Aaaany minute.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Ah poo poo, the lioness is eating her kids again. :sigh:

SoldadoDeTone
Apr 20, 2006

Hold on tight!

Intoluene posted:

I know exactly the type of person this lady is and if it's absolutely infuriating because you absolutely CANNOT convince them that simply having a child doesn't magically make you an expert on their health.

My wife and I are about to have a baby, and one message that has been pounded into us during every class we've taken has been that Mom is always right. Health professionals tell us time and again that Mom's instincts are correct, so if you think something is dangerous then it must be.

I think the point is so Mom won't ignore warning signs in a baby, but I am absolutely sure that many people take it as Gospel that they can do no wrong.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Inspector Gesicht posted:

A Hunger Games reference in 2016?

A nonsensical one at that.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

invisible jerk posted:

#asbergers

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007
Kotaku comments. Selected one includes gems such as "Libraries are piracy!" "consumable non-consumables," etc. in addition to being so rat-gently caress retarded that I don't even know how this person retains the mental abilities required to use a computer and type in some semblance of coherence.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

HiroProtagonist posted:

Kotaku comments. Selected one includes gems such as "Libraries are piracy!" "consumable non-consumables," etc. in addition to being so rat-gently caress retarded that I don't even know how this person retains the mental abilities required to use a computer and type in some semblance of coherence.

I think you're committing piracy by reposting his comment and I'm committing double-piracy by reading it

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/376823017860366336?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

MissEchelon posted:

I think you're committing piracy by reposting his comment and I'm committing double-piracy by reading it

I don't know about it being illegal, but it's certainly unhealthy to read Kotaku in general, let alone comments from it

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
Rental stores used to pay extra to be allowed to rent their copies. Publishers recognize that there's a market for people who just want to watch something once and don't want to actually own a copy of it so they're willing to let them rent a copy because it's a slice of the market they wouldn't get otherwise.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

HiroProtagonist posted:

I get where he's coming from, I'm just really glad the world doesn't actually work this way :lol:

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I don't know about it being illegal, but it's certainly unhealthy to read Kotaku in general, let alone comments from it

Um excuse me that post you quoted is © me, please don't uh... consume the experience of it

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Send me bux or put me on ignore because posting this good ain't free.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Vanellope posted:

Yep, my friends both have tattoos and they went to hot springs when they visited Japan no problem. Everyone was staring at them but that would have happened regardless since one of them is a 6'4" ginger and he kinda stands out anyway.

They were asked to cover their tattoos with tape in a public bath though.

Anyway, the MGTOW sub is still... fascinating

Edit: wow even people on the sub think this guy is bonkers. Some more from him:

Dude has some serious issues, holy poo poo.

Lol. I'm guessing his idea of arguing with a FEMALE is making rape and death threats.

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Immolat1on posted:

This dude spams this garbage every day but this is the first in awhile that made me laugh.

Maybe it's the multiple DUIs?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

Immolat1on posted:

Let me spell it out for you, dick head. One of these people has been subject to decades of racial profiling and abuse, is blamed for terrorist acts they had nothing to do with, and is currently under threat of being deported by the leader of one of the two biggest political parties of a nation that supposedly invented modern immigration and multi cultural acceptance. They made it to the Olympics despite all this, and without white male privilege. The Olympics offers a platform upon which sits a huge middle finger to the terrible racism and political bullshit that's going on right now.

But, no it's cool, the white guy has more medals, so he should carry the flag it some poo poo.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 18:57 on Aug 10, 2016

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

IoSM: That is no python baby

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That's way funnier when I read it in an obnoxiously cartoonish English accent.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
He's got an anaconda, duh.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

EvilGenius posted:

Let me spell it out for you, dick head. One of these people has been subject to decades of racial profiling and abuse, is blamed for terrorist acts they had nothing to do with, and is currently under threat of being deported by the leader of one of the two biggest political parties of a nation that supposedly invented modern immigration and multi cultural acceptance. They made it to the Olympics despite all this, and without white male privilege. The Olympics offers a platform upon which sits a huge middle finger to the terrible racism and political bullshit that's going on right now.

But, no it's cool, the white guy has more medals, so he should carry the flag it some poo poo.

Its all moot bc the US athletes voted on who to carry the flag.

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

:riker:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

TinTower posted:

IoSM: That is no python baby
this isn't the Best Dad Jokes on Social Media thread!!

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

"be a great help meet to him"?

Honestly, "help-mate" makes more sense.

It just means a helpful partner. And I can agree on that much? You're not supposed to just leave everything to your partner.

Don't know how that translates to "do all the chores, you bitch" though.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Midnight Voyager posted:

Honestly, "help-mate" makes more sense.

It just means a helpful partner. And I can agree on that much? You're not supposed to just leave everything to your partner.

Don't know how that translates to "do all the chores, you bitch" though.

"Helpmeet" is the archaic form of "helpmate".

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
What happens to a person that makes them against libraries? I know the word "cartoonishly evil" gets thrown around a lot, but before the Tea Party the only people against libraries were witches in educational computer games with punny names like Miss Lexia who you defeat using your word zapper to shoot all the verbs she tosses at you or something.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

HiroProtagonist posted:

As someone who works in a library, I got to say lol. First, most libraries get/pay for permission to lend out movies and other media. Most have deals with distributers and such, so yes, libraries are paying so no it isn't piracy in the least. Secondly, I always love the whole "libraries were once relevant but not anymore" because the person usually saying it assumes that everyone has the same kind of access to information that they do. Seriously, any time you hear anyone bitching about libraries and their services they are usually a FYGM idiot.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

This was posted over in the BSS movie thread.

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Veotax posted:

This was posted over in the BSS movie thread.

Should we donate the :sever: smilie to reddit? I think they need it more than we do at this point.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
RIP the GBS r/relationships thread :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
:catstare: