Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I hope it goes up tonight but I just know it's going to be a couple days :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
Looks to be Friday morning that it'll go live.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

I have the AGL Gohan, who's really good on an AGL nuke team, so now he'll just hit even harder.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Webbeh posted:

Looks to be Friday morning that it'll go live.

Looks like I'll have to start leveling up some of my Buu's then!

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Yeah, if you have a Buu team, it's time to go nuts on this event :v:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

The only adult Gohan I have is the STR Revival of F SSJ Tracksuit. Do you think that he will be able to upgrade to Ultimate Gohan?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

projecthalaxy posted:

The only adult Gohan I have is the STR Revival of F SSJ Tracksuit. Do you think that he will be able to upgrade to Ultimate Gohan?

No. The only three Gohans that Dokkan are PHY Power Awakened Ultimate Gohan, AGL Frontline Fighter Ultimate Gohan, and a new INT Ultimate Gohan.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Ammat The Ankh posted:

No. The only three Gohans that Dokkan are PHY Power Awakened Ultimate Gohan, AGL Frontline Fighter Ultimate Gohan, and a new INT Ultimate Gohan.

Gotcha. Oh well.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
What's the deal with Buus on this event that you guys are mentioning? Will my Buus finally see combat?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

New Leaf posted:

What's the deal with Buus on this event that you guys are mentioning? Will my Buus finally see combat?

There's a new link skill called Wall Looming for the Ultimate Gohan Dokkan that Buus, Bojacks, and a few Cells have.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Looks like it got localized as "The Wall Standing Tall", which is pretty good for a change.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Ammat The Ankh posted:

There's a new link skill called Wall Looming for the Ultimate Gohan Dokkan that Buus, Bojacks, and a few Cells have.

Ha! All the Cell's that did not Dokkan that I have had rotting in my box. :v:
Reddit guide from the JPN release:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DBZDokkanBattle/wiki/guide/raidboss/ultimategohan

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

I don't have any Ultimate Gohans but I really hope the Gogeta event comes back now that I have my Spirit Bomb Goku up to SA 10.

Since Buus play such an integral part in the Gohan Dokkan I'm pretty confident we'll be seeing that one make a return.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm just hoping to get a an SA up on my Weight of Hope Goku. Got the jerk to SA9 and I'm just feeding R Goku after R Goku to him.

Edit: loving finally. Now I have an SA10 PHY Goku, an SA10 INT Vegeta, and an SA10 Gotenks for my nuking needs. There's also an SA5 Cell kicking around. :ssj:

I'd start on the AGL one, but I already have an SA10 SSG Goku as a backup AGL nuker.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Aug 11, 2016

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

So, how hard is the Gohan event gonna be? I've got the AGL one, and my brother has the PHY one, and he's bouncing off the walls with hype for a Dokkan'd form of his favorite character

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
I hear it's really hard. SA10 Gogeta will do 60k damage on super for instance.

I don't have the required Buu characters to handle this so I'm going to try a variation of the damage reduction team to see if it works out.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
That reddit guide makes it sound possible to brute force the event with a strong mono-PHY team. Which is pretty much my only hope as I own both PHY and AGI Ultimate Gohan's; yet the only Buu I have is that INT Buu ( piccolo absorbed ) everyone got a while ago.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
I assume if you have all of the Buu Characters, it's better to use them to make use of the Infinite Regeneration/Metamorphosis healing links than throwing in some Boujacks/Cells right? I'm also thinking that it might be worth it for Gogeta Lead/Kid Buu friend, since KI links for a Buu team are nonexistent.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
People in YouTube videos of the event in JP all use a STR Buu-tenks card. Has that even been released in global?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
It might get released with the INT Ultimate Gohan

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Woah surprise maintenance out of nowhere

E: and then it cleared up. Weird. Did anyone else get that?

Ammat The Ankh fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Aug 11, 2016

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ross Angeles posted:

People in YouTube videos of the event in JP all use a STR Buu-tenks card. Has that even been released in global?

Nope, we don't have half the Buus that Reddit suggest for this..

The only non-Buu I'm using is the PHY Perfect Cell with the ability.. plus Majuub, which was suggested by the thread, but he links to the Buus so I guess he counts.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

We're going to get Buutenks this banner, don't worry.

This banner also features Broly, PHY Kid Buu, and adds that STR Gotenks. Those are the other dokkan events we'll be getting, looks like.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Phooey. I was hoping when the Villain Extermination Plan went away we'd get the Hero one. Reeeeeeally want that Dokkan Majin Vegeta.

Nothing to do now except run the story quests I never did on Hard and Z-Hard

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Looks like they changed the banner, we're getting FP Frieza instead of Broly :toot:

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
Anyone else getting an error after the start screen after the update?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Haerc posted:

Anyone else getting an error after the start screen after the update?

Yep.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
You can totally brute force the fight if you have some strong PHY cards, might eat a chunk of you items though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Emergency maintenance now. Another hour and a half.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Ultimate Gohan doesn't have damage reduction right now for some reason. Gogeta teams can cheese it pretty easily.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Ross Angeles posted:

Ultimate Gohan doesn't have damage reduction right now for some reason. Gogeta teams can cheese it pretty easily.

drat wish I could milk that but I have work to do.. they'll probably fix it soon.

I did a few pulls, got STR Gotenks and a dupe STR spirit bomb Goku. Think I'm done with pulls for a while.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Final Form Frieza can go and get hosed. Being able to lock changing characters is super loving overpowered and I just love having to have my SS3 Goku eat three attacks from an AGL character because I can't switch to my TEQ SS Goku who is right loving next to him.

edit: It's also three consecutive fights against TEQ stage 3 Frieza, AGL Final Form Frieza and PHY Full Power Frieza so you can't plan a team to take him down.

Testekill fucked around with this message at 12:38 on Aug 12, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Bring items to clear status effects, it makes that fight a lot easier.

I did two multis and managed to get INT Gohan and two Buutenks. Not too bad. Does mean I have 30 runs of the event ahead of me, though.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Got my 20 medals for my AGL and PHY Gohan. Didn't want to wait around for them to fix the damage reduction bug.

gently caress I'm tired

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Got my PHY Gohan awakened. It almost makes up for the poo poo summon rates they're giving us now

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

:siren: THEY ARE NOT GOING TO FIX THE DAMAGE REDUCTION BUG! :siren:

It will be fixed on the next go-around, so farm it up while you can! Even if you don't need it, you can probably get this knocked out with a solid PHY team!

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY

New Leaf posted:

:siren: THEY ARE NOT GOING TO FIX THE DAMAGE REDUCTION BUG! :siren:

It will be fixed on the next go-around, so farm it up while you can! Even if you don't need it, you can probably get this knocked out with a solid PHY team!

This is loving awesome.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Apparently new story missions on the 17th, and the Hero Extermination with Majin Vegeta's dokkan will be on the 22nd :toot:

Mogomra
Nov 5, 2005

simply having a wonderful time
Hey, I said I was retarded before, but what the gently caress is the damage reduction bug, and where do I go to find out about it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

http://imgur.com/a/9F7Jf
So this is what my brother has to work with. Any suggestions for taking down Gohan? I'm drawing a blank.