Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Zephyrine posted:

Does this all still apply? I need a new goon MMO.

It still applies. I shilled this game like crazy before they destroyed it, so it's not like I'm going in with rose colored glasses. Dodgin (FireWhizzle) is the same way.

If you want to spend your money, feel free, you WILL get bored in a few weeks, and the goon guild (what's left of the population) will simply evaporate not long before or after that. Everything I said is true -- some people just can't accept Albion for the garbagedick poo poo it is. :toot:

So to answer your question: Albion is neither an MMO, nor for goons. Hope that helps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus

Thank you for your contribution (I didn't check the name on the statue)

forge
Feb 26, 2006

BadLlama posted:

The Rep system is loving stupid.

The reputation system is one change away from working very well. Whats stupid about it?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

forge posted:

The reputation system is one change away from working very well. Whats stupid about it?

Being punished for killing mans when those mans don't lose anything at all? Whats the loving point?

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE
being punished for pvping in a pvp game is pretty bad tbh

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Always the black or red islands.

forge
Feb 26, 2006

BadLlama posted:

Being punished for killing mans when those mans don't lose anything at all? Whats the loving point?

The point of the rep system and rep lands is to give a area where peons don't get ground into dust by tryhards. The system that is currently working FOR us... because none of us can try hard. I would imagine the more people that can be carebears in the wonderland helps player retention.

Compared to last beta where you got to T4 and logged out forever, now you keep playing because you don't have to worry about your toe getting chopped the gently caress off because you stick it in a yellow/red zone.

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
wow forge you sound pretty casual to me. this is very SERIOUSLY ungoony and well its illegal to think this way

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I'm not even in t3 yet.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

being punished for pvping in a pvp game is pretty bad tbh

Hey, I wanted to bug you about something yesterday and I got given a "Globby was last seen in this channel on X date, his last message was 'gently caress you'." message :colbert:

Zephyrine
Jun 10, 2014

This is what meat is supposed to be like, dingus
Forges rep is so high that bandits are blinded and then turned into dust from the sheer force of the rep hit they would take from simply pondering attacking him.

The rest of us get to Benny Hill it across the wasteland. Pockets filled to overflowing with exotic woods and stone.

Edit: No seriously. I saw him in town once. His rep icon was some Vatican relic. Like a cross made out of solid gold and encrusted with gems.

Zephyrine fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Aug 6, 2016

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Did ol' greyscale ruin another game?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Who is that? What game did he supposedly ruin?

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

actually greyscale came to my house and stabbed my dog to DEATH

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

press f, blazing husky 2010-2016

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Blazing Zero posted:

press f, blazing husky 2010-2016

Respecks

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
F

forge
Feb 26, 2006

Zephyrine posted:

Forges rep is so high that bandits are blinded and then turned into dust from the sheer force of the rep hit they would take from simply pondering attacking him.

The rest of us get to Benny Hill it across the wasteland. Pockets filled to overflowing with exotic woods and stone.

Edit: No seriously. I saw him in town once. His rep icon was some Vatican relic. Like a cross made out of solid gold and encrusted with gems.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Seriously what kind of awful developer kills a players dog? Imagine what he'd do to a precious video game we take very seriously. :stare:

Double
Jan 1, 2012
My favorite part of Albion Online is the guild that is named after a real gang and yells their actual gang slogans in game.

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
I want something good to die for...to make it beautiful to live
what guild is this and how do i join

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010

forge posted:

The point of the rep system and rep lands is to give a area where peons don't get ground into dust by tryhards. The system that is currently working FOR us... because none of us can try hard. I would imagine the more people that can be carebears in the wonderland helps player retention.

Compared to last beta where you got to T4 and logged out forever, now you keep playing because you don't have to worry about your toe getting chopped the gently caress off because you stick it in a yellow/red zone.

To be fair I could try hard, I just wont. I'm honestly impressed by this beta compared to past attempts not going to lie. Black towns are clutch, rep is clutch because lol why dont you live in a black zone bitch, grind is like baby dick.

Albion Online: You are what you wear

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

Blazing Zero posted:

actually greyscale came to my house and stabbed my dog to DEATH

hosed up if true

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
* Strolls over to crowfall forum * Wow look at this poo poo game cant wait for albion to wipe

* Albion Wipes * Heh, trash tier changes, games dead when crowfall / daoc2 / lego world comes out

Usenet Magic-User
Jun 13, 2010
fake edit, forgot:

faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaart

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tbh I hope Crowfall is fun too tho.

forge
Feb 26, 2006
Now that the pvp rules have been relaxed, aka fixed. It's time to go red!

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
so we had a running gank squad for probably about 8 hours tonight. we wrecked so many people, and got wrecked so many times.

this is a fun game

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

Me and a couple of weaboo degenerates wasted 4 hours stream-sniping people last night, dworf didn't freak out as much as I thought he would.

https://www.twitch.tv/scarletxwitch/v/82921386?t=36m30s

https://www.twitch.tv/scarletxwitch/v/82921386?t=1h6m42s

Suxpool
Nov 20, 2002
i need to get in on that. that second one is badass, just HELLO CLAW DELIVERY FOR YOU MA'AM

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

my conclusion is very controversial. the game is good but incomplete

forge
Feb 26, 2006
I was asked to make this horrible post.. so I did.

Going red in albion means you are going to click the shield and drop all your rep and become hostile.

Understanding how rep works

When you are positive rep you can enter any area in the game. When you are negative rep you can still enter every area except cities. As denoted in the picture above. You lose access to all green and yellow cities when you are -250. You lose access to all red cities when you are -5,000. Thus you are banished to black areas. The docks in the royal islands are considered black and there will be a marketplace added there very soon. This will allow you to still get gear and get equipped in those areas.

I think we killed about 15 people while I was on last night and my rep at the lowest point was -110. The reason here is that if you kill other red players you actually get positive reputation. So you can work off the negative rep killing other reds. When you are -1 or lower rep you no longer get +rep for gathering or killing mobs. Not that you would want it because as soon as you flag you drop to -1 and suspicious.

Daily reputation recovery while "Suspicious" 300
Daily reputation recovery while "Infamous" 300
Daily reputation recovery while "Villainous"600
Daily reputation recovery while "Nefarious" 900
Daily reputation recovery while "Dreaded" 1200

The above are the daily passive rep you gain automatically to help work off bad rep. So if you are villainous you gain +600 rep a day until you are infamous. The system is now set up this way so that if you get "bad" rep you won't be exiled to black for more a week like previously. So at most

Flagging for PvP will reduce your reputation to -1 (Suspicious)

As discussed above as soon as you flag up you go to -1. You gain one rep every five minutes. This means if you flag up you are flagged for 5 minutes because it will take you at least 5 minutes to get 1 rep point to put you back at 0, at which point you can unflag as a hostile. You can kill a red if you can't wait five minutes.

You can no longer unflag for PvP while Suspicious

The biggest change is that you will show flagged in green zones but cannot attack other players.

Flag up and come kill tons of idiots with us on the Royal Islands. It's now a sea of blue because of the rep system.

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Last night was a ton of fun. I'd run around as a gank squad every night, honestly

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ruggan posted:

Last night was a ton of fun. I'd run around as a gank squad every night, honestly

I think that's the best thing to do.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

forge posted:

Flag up and come kill tons of idiots with us on the Royal Islands.

What times are you guys generally running gank squads?

forge
Feb 26, 2006
poo poo just got real..
https://albiononline.com/en/news/new-feature-killboard-1108

forge
Feb 26, 2006
lol @ https://albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/461597

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
wow a killboard

working mom
Jul 8, 2015
Now people will see how awful at pvp i am :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal
It's like Bercilak really does want to copy EVE in every way except the ways that make EVE a good game.

• Locked thread