Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
http://yachtclubgames.com/2016/07/japan-localization/ this article about localizing shovel knight for Japan is cool. the boys at yacht club really know their roots

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

whyen the fugg is phantom knight or wahtever he called

Yobgoblin
Mar 19, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Clapping Larry
Nintendo should make a Wario rpg.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

mysterious loyall X posted:

whyen the fugg is phantom knight or wahtever he called

The Plague Knight game mode ended up being much bigger than they planned

BTw Plague Knight game mode is GOTY 2015

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Just think, this Christmas, all the grandmas buyin "the Nintendo" for their grand kids will finally do it right again

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

when the gently caress is nintendo having their nx direct -_-

Bill Barber
Aug 26, 2015

Hot Rope Guy

Bobnumerotres posted:

when the gently caress is nintendo having their nx direct -_-
March 18th, official.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
they're doing it tomorrow, live from my house. reggie's gonna be there and we're gonna get wild

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i decided to buy wind waker as my play in bed game since mario 64 was making me too mad and my girlfriend got sick of me kicking and bouncing like a little baby whole she tries to sleep

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
I want to buy a new 3ds abd mario golf on it

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ka0 posted:

I want to buy a new 3ds abd mario golf on it

Mario golf 3DS is incredible ... haven't picked it up in a while but now I'm probably gonna play all morning, cheers

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
it's the only game I can think of that is good though. I don't give a poo poo about zelda or the 2d platform marios. then there's all that fire emblem stuff for the tumblr/deviantart crowd and monster hunter 9000 which was boring in psp and stays true to form on the nintendo. maybe pokemon is good again

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ka0 posted:

it's the only game I can think of that is good though. I don't give a poo poo about zelda or the 2d platform marios. then there's all that fire emblem stuff for the tumblr/deviantart crowd and monster hunter 9000 which was boring in psp and stays true to form on the nintendo. maybe pokemon is good again

Wrong on all counts

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 minutes!
Much like how a narrative does not exist without the Story/Narration duality, the fire emblem series can't manifest itself without the tumblr/deviantart dichotomy

One Man Trash
Jun 6, 2013
you can play oracle of ages/seasons, links awakening, link to the past, link between worlds, ocarina of time, and majorras mask on 3ds

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ka0 posted:

Fail

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

ArfJason posted:

Much like how a narrative does not exist without the Story/Narration duality, the fire emblem series can't manifest itself without the tumblr/deviantart dichotomy

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ka0 posted:

This is the most retarded poo poo I've ever seen

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ka0 posted:

3D Land is a really good 3D platform Mario on 3DS. Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the best games ever made. Pokemons good and there's a million other RPGs. But I suspect you are a troll and I will not engage with you further

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I don't like Fire Emblem very much either though. Bought Awakening and then Birthright and got kinda bored halfway through both.... I think it's something about the difficulty balance, the easier modes/Casual feels really boring but the harder modes/permadeath also are kinda tedious to me because you have to do poo poo perfectly and restart the long-rear end missions when you gently caress up

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's because awakening and birthright aren't very good FE games. Conquest is win though

discount cathouse
Mar 25, 2009

One Man Trash posted:

you can play oracle of ages/seasons, links awakening, link to the past, link between worlds, ocarina of time, and majorras mask on 3ds

ill start playing link bewtween worlds now. never played it, im ecpecting great things

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

goferchan posted:

I don't like Fire Emblem very much either though. Bought Awakening and then Birthright and got kinda bored halfway through both.... I think it's something about the difficulty balance, the easier modes/Casual feels really boring but the harder modes/permadeath also are kinda tedious to me because you have to do poo poo perfectly and restart the long-rear end missions when you gently caress up

the idea is that you spend a long time thinking about what move to make and consider all of the possible consequences as opposed to just doing it and seeing if it kills you or not

Soral
May 30, 2009

goferchan posted:

3D Land is a really good 3D platform Mario on 3DS. Kid Icarus Uprising is one of the best games ever made. Pokemons good and there's a million other RPGs. But I suspect you are a troll and I will not engage with you further

is kid icarus good with the new 3ds' nub thing. or do you kind of have to use the old 3ds's circle pad attachment. does anyone know

Chilled Milk
Jun 22, 2003

No one here is alone,
satellites in every home
been thinkning about NX a lot

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Ka0 posted:

Jesus fuckin Christ

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

ArfJason posted:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Soral posted:

is kid icarus good with the new 3ds' nub thing. or do you kind of have to use the old 3ds's circle pad attachment. does anyone know

The only thing the nub/circle pad pro lets you do is play left-handed and move with your right hand and hold the stylus in your left. Stylus aiming only (but once you get the hang of it though it works great and you can aim more quickly and accurately than you could with a control stick)

People who complained about the controls are weirdos though it works great.... maybe it's less comfortable on a non-XL model though idk

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
nintendo

Nintendo

NINTENDOOOOOOOOO

i am hungry for nx details

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
*animal crossing voice* nintendo

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
*gamecube launch animation that ends in a big fart*

Soral
May 30, 2009

jyrque posted:

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
*posts mariotwins.flv*

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

jyrque posted:

Bahahahah

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
*animal cerossing voice* bibibibibibbbiba, bibibi ababa. bi, bibi. a

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I used to make the animals say hosed up stuff at the end of their sentences like gently caress and the n-word. But I'm an adult now.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

*animal cerossing voice* bibibibibibbbiba, bibibi ababa. bi, bibi. a

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I used to make the animals say hosed up stuff at the end of their sentences like gently caress and the n-word. But I'm an adult now.

I would never disrespect my friends like that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

In Training posted:

what if that bossy penguin called all the male animals fuckbois and cucks