Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Improbable Lobster posted:

There is no indication that that is the case

mabels big day posted:

Mega Evolution is removed from Sun and Moon, sadly for Pinsir fans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I am not using any Alola forms, at least for the main campaign. I mean, they're cool and all, but I will continue the tradition of only using 'mons introduced in the new generation. I didn't even use any Megas during Y for that reason. I'll use 'em once I start breeding and whatnot, I'm sure.

I always kind of :raise: when I see Gym Leaders Island Captains using old Pokémon as their "signature" Pokémon. Like Korrina's main Pokémon was Lucario rather than Hawlucha or Pangoro or whatever. Rep. your region!

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

was that just a goon posting about mega evolution or is it actually removed, because I liked my douchey looking charizard

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

unfortunately, mega evolution is gone in favor of the z-attack system which all pokemon can use instead of just a select few

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014
There is no official indication that Mega Evolution has been removed from the game. There also has been nothing indicating that it is in the game, so a lot of people are claiming the Z-Powers replace Megas.

Chimera-gui
Mar 20, 2014
Are we sure Bogleech isn't the one making these new Pokemon? Cause while Cutiefly & Shirodesuna seem like something he might make, Namakobushi is definitely something he'd make.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Wait didn't Mabel say we weren't losing Mega Evolutions before?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Reinanigans posted:

I always kind of :raise: when I see Gym Leaders Island Captains using old Pokémon as their "signature" Pokémon. Like Korrina's main Pokémon was Lucario rather than Hawlucha or Pangoro or whatever. Rep. your region!

Pangoro isn't furry bait enough though.

Kawabata
Apr 20, 2014

You plebians just don't know what epic literature is. You should try reading Stephanie Meyer, E.L. James, Dan Brown, or Ayn Rand.

Kelp Plankton posted:

unfortunately, mega evolution is gone in favor of the z-attack system which all pokemon can use instead of just a select few

except farfetch'd

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
mabels big day works for game freak and has confirmed that mega evolution will be removed

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Raichu in whatever form continues to suck.

Nice sea cucumber and fish though!

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

That tail makes up for Alola Raichu's ears.

I miss you, Big Kahuna. A goon gave me a surfing Raichu in Soul Silver, and he fell victim to not being able to transfer Pokemon with HM moves.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
never believe leaks mabel until confirmed true or false

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qv8ujHstCwc

im so hype for this raichu

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
I like the look of classic Raichu better but no way I am not using Alolan Raichu :3:

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

this reminds me of the smash 4 rayman leak video

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

BillmasterCozb posted:

believe mabel

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Welp I guess Raichu is my Psychic type this generation.

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
How do we know Mabel isn't just my uncle who works at Nintendo?

Gonna use Pyukumuku forever. He looks like a rabbit with that little poof and mouth shape

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

How do we know Mabel isn't just my uncle who works at Nintendo?

Gonna use Pyukumuku forever. He looks like a rabbit with that little poof and mouth shape

yeah sea bunnies are some super cute stuff

they combined that with a sea cucumber and i cant say thats a bad design idea for a pokemon. curious to see if it evolves

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax
Alola Raichu is the cutest thing! Electric/Psychic! I want this game right now! :swoon:

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Pangoro isn't furry bait enough though.

you take that back

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i don't find it hard to believe that game freak would be stupid enough to remove mega evolution

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Nodoze posted:

I like the look of classic Raichu better but no way I am not using Alolan Raichu :3:

Same here. Classic Raichu is the best, but this new Alolan version is adorable too!

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
I just want my shiny Pidgeot to make its mega-forme debut in Gen 7...

cams
Mar 28, 2003

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

i don't find it hard to believe that game freak would be stupid enough to remove mega evolution
they already wrote an in-game explanation for why they wouldn't be around in future games, it's clear they didn't know whether or not it would stay.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

That is an absurdly limited and terrible ability.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Zore posted:

who cares, it surfs on its tail

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

It will just be banished to the post-game and put back in the spotlight for the gen iv remakes if that happens this gen.

Zore posted:

Not if you combine it with Tapu Koko's ability. It's pretty much swift swim, which is ok.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

oh right i'm using russian blue meowth as well. so

vic viper
grass mantis
wishiwashi
aloha meowth
the meteor enemy

who will snag the coveted sixth spot ....

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Zore posted:

It's the same as any other +speed in weather ability

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

oddium posted:

vic viper
grass mantis
wishiwashi
aloha meowth
the meteor enemy

Might I suggest Yungoos

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I wonder if we'll get some cold-adapted Sinnoh Pokemon forms when we get to the DPP remakes.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Blackheart posted:

Might I suggest Yungoos

yeah go ahead

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

SyntheticPolygon posted:

It will just be banished to the post-game and put back in the spotlight for the gen iv remakes if that happens this gen.

Not if you combine it with Tapu Koko's ability. It's pretty much swift swim, which is ok.

In gen 6, all of seven pokemon can learn Electric Terrain, and all of them are already Electric type. Raichu isn't even one of them.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Bongo Bill posted:

In gen 6, all of seven pokemon can learn Electric Terrain, and all of them are already Electric type. Raichu isn't even one of them.

I imagine that's changing. And I doubt Alolan types will have the same moveset as the original.

Which I could be wrong about, but they've got a couple of abilities that make use of it so I can see them making it more common.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

oddium posted:

yeah go ahead

Please consider Yungoos for the sixth spot. You don't have to decide now, just think it over...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

oddium posted:

vic viper
grass mantis
wishiwashi
aloha meowth
the meteor enemy

Pikaboo or bust.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I'm surprised that raichu is psychic rather than fairy type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Pretty cool that they've made a gen with so far no truly bad pokes excspt for litten's final evo

Alolan Raichu surfing on its tail is the best ever thing

• Locked thread